• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 seeds in trouble?

Started by Made, November 13, 2006, 01:47:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Made

Which #1 seeds are the most vulnerable this week?

Which ones are least likely to see their second game of the playoffs?

hillbilly

Everyone is going to say Ozark and/or Farmington, I am not going to give an answer. We will all see on Friday night.:D

sam

Pocantoas. 

And of course, Warren.

moparman77

Hey, Sam spell check is available you clinton hillybilly, not ozark hillbilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A JETS MI MONK

I'm going with Sam on this.

Pokanhottas and Warn are going down.

I have so little respect for these schools, I refuse to spell their names correctly.

sam

No you spelled them wright. 

policeman

Quote from: Take Jimmons aka Jet on November 13, 2006, 03:32:43 pm

I have so little respect for these schools, I refuse to spell their names correctly.

Little Respect, that's ridiculous.  Why would you have little respect for a great team from a great school?  Oh I see, your just mad that they have beaten you this year, is that all.  Don't be a sore loser. 

LJ06

Quote from: Take Jimmons aka Jet on November 13, 2006, 03:32:43 pm

Why do you have so little respect for both teams?

Sleeper

He has little respect, because he is a typical junior high kid getting on the message board without his daddy's permission and posting something ridiculous.. There should be an age requirement to post something.

Warren good Luck!

I only see one number 1 going down this week and it is in Ozark.  The Bugs are peaking at the right time.  It should be a good game, but I'm seeing a similar score to the Berryville game last week.  Again, in the Bugs favor..

Good luck all!

LJ06

Warren has all the respect for Clinton fans and their football team.  I understand it is a big game for Clinton coming off their second playoff victory and now getting to play a team like Warren.  Its a shame that just a few ignorant posters take all the fun away from the game and turn everything into a bashfest.  Anyway, I congratulate the Clinton players for making it to the second round and I know that they will play with 100% Friday night.  Even though I'll be routing for Warren, good luck to Clinton and I hope that they and the Clinton faithful have a safe trip.

justin_njhs09

I know I have alot of respect for Warren, but not much for Pokey in the playoffs.  If this was a regular season game with non-AAA picked refs, I'd say Pokey wins, but they're probably goin down this week.  Ozark is vulnerable, but I don't see them falling to Fordyce. 

B&GT

November 13, 2006, 04:06:27 pm #11 Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:19:05 pm by B&GT
Fordyce could have lost to Berryville on any given night.  It was closer than the score indicated.  It was 6-3 at halftime and Berryville was missing so many tackles and I think just gave up towards the end, making the score what it was.  I think Ozark has a better chance of winning than Farmington.  I think all the #1 seeds have a chance to win though.  However, you can safely put money on one or two going down unexpectedly.

Billy Bob

Ozark will not let Fordyce come into Hillbilly Stadium and win. It'll be a totally different atmosphere for Fordyce than what they played in last week.

Sleeper

Give credit where it is due.... Do you think those tackles Berryville missed were because they didn't really want to tackle them or was it because Fordyce has some great athletes that break tackles? I was at the game.. Berryville did come out strong..  Fordyce came out slow. The second half Fordyce started playing like they should have started the game.  If I don't recall Fordyce attempted like a 50 yard field goal for the heck of it in the 4th quarter (and made it by the way). The kicker at Fordyce had struggled making extra pts all year. The game wasn't that close.  Yes Berryville probably could beat Fordyce on a given day, but that wasn't what happened. Berryville has a good team. It was just Fordyce's night.  Let's just don't take credit away from Fordyce here.

justin_njhs09

Was Fordyce a 5 seed or am I just imagining things?

dc24

Quote from: NPT_Tribe Fan on November 13, 2006, 04:15:30 pm
Was Fordyce a 5 seed or am I just imagining things?

Nope they are a 4 seed.

Made

Fordyce was the 4 seed they beat Dumas late in the season to grab 4 to themselves, their only conference losses came from warren, Dollarway, and hamburg.

Sleeper

Quote from: Rudy on November 13, 2006, 04:10:03 pm
Ozark will not let Fordyce come into Hillbilly Stadium and win. It'll be a totally different atmosphere for Fordyce than what they played in last week.

I'm telling you...  Don't get under the same midset as Berryville last week.  Fordyce played in a very talented conference. The are a very underrated team. The atmosphere won't be an issue.  Fordyce, I guarantee, has played in alot worse down in 8AAAA.   Ozark will meet Mr. Bryan Allen next Friday.  I want to hear how the meeting goes after the game.  

Not taking anything away from Ozark, it will be a good game, but you have to remember which conference the Bugs come from.  There are no cupcakes down there.

Good luck to both Teams! I'm looking forward to a fun game.

B&GT

Quote from: Sleeper on November 13, 2006, 04:14:04 pm
Give credit where it is due.... Do you think those tackles Berryville missed were because they didn't really want to tackle them or was it because Fordyce has some great athletes that break tackles? I was at the game.. Berryville did come out strong..  Fordyce came out slow. The second half Fordyce started playing like they should have started the game.  If I don't recall Fordyce attempted like a 50 yard field goal for the heck of it in the 4th quarter (and made it by the way). The kicker at Fordyce had struggled making extra pts all year. The game wasn't that close.  Yes Berryville probably could beat Fordyce on a given day, but that wasn't what happened. Berryville has a good team. It was just Fordyce's night.  Let's just don't take credit away from Fordyce here.

I'm not taking any credit away, I just saw Berryville play us and they played a much, much better game.  I do realize penalties are the only reason Fordyce wasn't up by more at halftime.

Made

you must not have seen all the scores from the first round
Quote from: Sleeper on November 13, 2006, 04:19:25 pm

I'm telling you...  Don't get under the same midset as Berryville last week.  Fordyce played in a very talented conference. The are a very underrated team. The atmosphere won't be an issue.  Fordyce, I guarantee, has played in alot worse down in 8AAAA.   Ozark will meet Mr. Bryan Allen next Friday.  I want to hear how the meeting goes after the game.  

Not taking anything away from Ozark, it will be a good game, but you have to remember which conference the Bugs come from.  There are no cupcakes down there.

Good luck to both Teams! I'm looking forward to a fun game.

A JETS MI MONK

Some of you people need to relax.  I might have been kidding. 

Sleeper

I will put up no excuses for Hamburg... That was embarrassing.  But I will however say that Newport is the exact same team as Dollarway. I knew that game would go either way.  Newport will go deep.  I see a Newport/Fordyce game in the near future...  

B&GT

From what the players tell me, it was pretty much an old fashioned whipping down in Hamburg.

BBC54

i'm not sure what you mean by this, but the atmosphere that fordyce played in last week was a good one.  our crowd supports the bobcats, and continues to do so despite their loss.  say what you will about berryville, but we had an awesome program this year.  there were a couple of big injuries that didn't help us at all last week, and we just ran out of steam in the second half.  fordyce is a GOOD TEAM.  but i hope you keep underestimating the redbugs because if they play at all like they did last week, ozark  WILL BE DEFEATED.

hprd fan

Quote from: BBC54 on November 13, 2006, 04:40:42 pm

i'm not sure what you mean by this, but the atmosphere that fordyce played in last week was a good one.  our crowd supports the bobcats, and continues to do so despite their loss.  say what you will about berryville, but we had an awesome program this year.  there were a couple of big injuries that didn't help us at all last week, and we just ran out of steam in the second half.  fordyce is a GOOD TEAM.  but i hope you keep underestimating the redbugs because if they play at all like they did last week, ozark  WILL BE DEFEATED.

I can PROMISE you the Hillbillies won't overlook the Redbugs! They know  they face a very good ballclub and are doing everything in their power to come out with a Victory!  We are thankful we had a bye week, we had some key players that needed a week to try and get healthy, but now it's time to go back to work!

This is what we've been working so hard all year for.

Let's go guys!  H.P.R.D.!!!

shotgunbilly3215

Quote from: hprd fan on November 13, 2006, 04:51:18 pm
Quote from: BBC54 on November 13, 2006, 04:40:42 pm

I can PROMISE you the Hillbillies won't overlook the Redbugs! They know  they face a very good ballclub and are doing everything in their power to come out with a Victory!  We are thankful we had a bye week, we had some key players that needed a week to try and get healthy, but now it's time to go back to work!

This is what we've been working so hard all year for.

Let's go guys!  H.P.R.D.!!!
hprd fan speaks the truth!!

JackSmack

Quote from: B&GT on November 13, 2006, 04:34:34 pm
From what the players tell me, it was pretty much an old fashioned whipping down in Hamburg.

I was there, it was a whoopin....If Hamburg would have had the same intensity they played Warren, it would have been ugly for PG!

B&GT

Quote from: JackSmack on November 13, 2006, 05:26:03 pm
Quote from: B&GT on November 13, 2006, 04:34:34 pm

I was there, it was a whoopin....If Hamburg would have had the same intensity they played Warren, it would have been ugly for PG!

Well Friday would have been the time to use it, cuz now they can't til next season.

ScrapperMan

Pokey and Ozark may have their hands full. I definitely would not bet on Farmington.

5A Fan

Farmington and Ozark. Farmington WILL lose and there's a chance Ozark will lose.

shotgunbilly3215

Quote from: 1.75 on November 13, 2006, 06:22:02 pm
Farmington and Ozark. Farmington WILL lose and there's a chance Ozark will lose.
And there's a chance Fordyce will lose. And there's a chance Ozark will win. There's no chance these teams will tie. Just thought I would go ahead and finish that unfinished thought. Now, nothing can be said that will shock anyone.   jeez

[el_CaC]

Quote from: Sleeper on November 13, 2006, 04:25:47 pm
I will put up no excuses for Hamburg... That was embarrassing.  But I will however say that Newport is the exact same team as Dollarway. I knew that game would go either way.  Newport will go deep.  I see a Newport/Fordyce game in the near future...  

Oh so Newport and Fordyce are playing next year in non-conference? Is that what you are hinting at, because it won't be any time in the immediate future. ;)

amish_green_goat

i think the farm/CAC game will be a nailbiter. CAC's offense is good and farm defense is good. remember the bucs/raiders super bow (the bucs won cuz of the D). not saying farmington will win, yet is in there place which helps, plus they have the D to back up their O.

Orange rush

CAC in a route at farmington....CAC is playoff tested been on the road several times in more hostal enviroments and got wins(i.e. "The Hill") two years ago.

The lower classifcations don't play that NWA winning crap, farmington/ozark both play in week conferences and will not be able to keep up with a wide-open offense. Mercy rule by half.

shotgunbilly3215

Quote from: Orange rush on November 13, 2006, 08:58:20 pm

CAC in a route at farmington....CAC is playoff tested been on the road several times in more hostal enviroments and got wins(i.e. "The Hill") two years ago.

The lower classifcations don't play that NWA winning crap, farmington/ozark both play in week conferences and will not be able to keep up with a wide-open offense. Mercy rule by half.

Someone is off thier medication.

hillbilly

How did PG do this week against Hamburg? A team from NWA and the weak 1-4A, was that a mercy rule before or after halftime? What about Dardanelle, from the weak 4-4A, hmmm.

Billy Bob

hillbilly makes a good point.

shotgunbilly3215

sam

Shotgunbilly is right about it being true that Rudy is right. 

Go Ozanelleton!!!!!!

Sensitive

I don't have a fancy graphic, but...GO NASHCACDOWN!

BBC54

lol.  this is getting way out of hand!

FootballGuy43

sam

butamare1

Warren was in BIG trouble before they ever played there first game.

FootballGuy43

And how might that be?? I'm curious...

sam

Quote from: No Longer Sensitive on November 14, 2006, 11:33:41 am
I don't have a fancy graphic, but...GO NASHCACDOWN!

This is the best I can do. 

FootballGuy43

Ashdown only gets a flag...come on.

butamare1

Warren was behind the 8 ball  because they are way overrated and they are way over confident and add that with the facts that they can not nor will not be able to stop the run(DUE TO THE LACK OF GUTS OR HEART)and top all of it off with there coaching staff couldn't beat a lot of Jr high teams up here.So that's why!

ScrapperMan

Just imagine if Oak Grove won too.

FootballGuy43

Warren overrated??

I feel it snowing in Miami right now...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas