• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 - 4A Football 2015

Started by Loyalfan1, February 03, 2015, 09:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with it. It helps your QB to be able to connect with your WR in a timely matter. It also helps WR to learn their routes.

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 13, 2015, 12:43:54 pm
7 on 7 is way overrated. It has little to do with success on Friday nights. Nashville has never been  big on 7 on 7.

As for Nashville's passing game do not be worried. We return 3 starting WR's and of course our QB and top two RB's. Coach Volarvich is known for his passing attack for those that didn't know.

doesn't he have a website, scorchedearthoffense.com or something like that.

learning a new offense, every time you can step on the field is a big help.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 12:45:21 pm
I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with it. It helps your QB to be able to connect with your WR in a timely matter. It also helps WR to learn their routes.

Pretty sure I didn't say "it has nothing to do with it".

As long as your QB is working with your WR's in the summer that is all that really matters. 7 on 7 is fun and all and you get to practice against other teams but a lot of teams scheme their 7 on 7 offense and defense to fit 7 on 7.

FBfan79

August 13, 2015, 12:59:16 pm #153 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:01:40 pm by FBfan79
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 13, 2015, 12:53:43 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 12:45:21 pm

Pretty sure I didn't say "it has nothing to do with it".

As long as your QB is working with your WR's in the summer that is all that really matters. 7 on 7 is fun and all and you get to practice against other teams but a lot of teams scheme their 7 on 7 offense and defense to fit 7 on 7.

I would think it would help kids in certain positions  who aren't naturally talented and/or have experience.

FBfan79

But possibly overrated. .. yes

hogdiggity

August 13, 2015, 02:03:15 pm #155 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:05:32 pm by hogdiggity
Volarvich must believe it has some value, I know he was calling trying to get into some but they were full

hawgfan15

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 13, 2015, 02:03:15 pm
Volarvich must believe it has some value, I know he was calling trying to get into some but they were full

Some value hasn't been argued. Just not as important as some people think.

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 13, 2015, 02:08:48 pm
Quote from: hogdiggity on August 13, 2015, 02:03:15 pm

Some value hasn't been argued. Just not as important as some people think.

agreed, I think it is fun for the kids. I think it helps a lot with developing some continuity, but wins and losses don't mean a lot.

cuckoobird

They need more 11 on 11 so they can figure out how to stop the wing t

BightinBulldog55

They can 7 on 7 as much as they want, but when they play Waldron it's game over!

phdefense

August 13, 2015, 05:45:04 pm #160 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:50:27 pm by phdefense
Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 13, 2015, 05:35:48 pm
They can 7 on 7 as much as they want, but when they play Waldron it's game over!

Longfellow

Quote from: phdefense on August 13, 2015, 05:45:04 pm

Hah!! That's a good one. An eternity of lol that's awesome

BightinBulldog55

So I'm gonna get another month and a half of glory? YESSS!

PrivateLesson

I would have thought by now some would have learned a little humility. 

beach bum

Quote from: phdefense on August 13, 2015, 05:45:04 pm

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  :D  :D   ;D  ;D  ;D  :o  :o

Loyalfan1

hogdiggity

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on August 17, 2015, 08:52:10 am
Ashdown gotta chance?

numbers are a little thin, can't afford any injuries.  I really liked what I saw at the purple/gold game.  Hill is the real deal at QB, incredible arm and very smart.  By the time he is a senior it will be very interesting to see where he is at.

All that said, it is a tough conference so you just never know.

Loyalfan1

Ashdown has a good tradition of putting athletes on the field.

hawgfan15

Jaden Hill is the most talented sophomore QB this conference has seen in a long time. He really impressed me this summer. Great touch on his passes and a good feel in the pocket.

This Ashdown team is very talented. They have underachieved for so many years now it is hard to be optimistic. There is no doubt about it that they have top talent in the conference and I expect them to make the playoffs this year.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on August 17, 2015, 11:48:40 am
just not many points on the board..

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Top Shelf on August 18, 2015, 08:25:49 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on August 17, 2015, 11:48:40 am
just not many points on the board..
I believe that will not be a problem this year!!

hawgfan15

I was in Mena this past Sunday and noticed that the visitor bleachers have been taken out and I assume are being replaced. Good news for those traveling there this season.

modder

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 18, 2015, 05:12:01 pm
I was in Mena this past Sunday and noticed that the visitor bleachers have been taken out and I assume are being replaced. Good news for those traveling there this season.
Yep. Suppose to have metal bleachers in by the first game. The old wooden bleachers were getting downright dangerous.

FBfan79

In one half of scrimmage.. FL over CAC 42-7.

cobrafan33

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 11, 2015, 10:50:51 am
FL will be facing Stuttgart's 2014 season-ending foe CAC in preseason scrimmage this year.  Who does everyone else have?
the score of the 2 quarters played was 41-7. CAC made a good stop on goal line, but other than that; FL done what they wanted and when

cobrafan33

AT THE 7 ON 7 TOURNEY: some of the schools there was: FL, LH, Benton, Heber Springs, Mt Ida. There was a few more that I cant remember. FL played last game without Ethan Simpson and Parker Ross. Paper said that Jt ended up with 4 40 yd plays. FL showed they had some pretty good underclassman

Lionheart88

Quote from: cobrafan33 on September 01, 2015, 06:13:58 pm
AT THE 7 ON 7 TOURNEY: some of the schools there was: FL, LH, Benton, Heber Springs, Mt Ida. There was a few more that I cant remember. FL played last game without Ethan Simpson and Parker Ross. Paper said that Jt ended up with 4 40 yd plays. FL showed they had some pretty good underclassman
7 on 7's over.  Time for real football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas