• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Haters

Started by Big Fan, March 23, 2014, 08:09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Hates Warren The Most?

Monticello
Stuttgart
Arkadelphia
Star City
Valley View

Big Fan

I use to think it was Monticello hands down, but others have been making a case the last several months. 

OldScrap

I would speculate for most its not hate. And for most if a player, coach, or fan at Warren suffered some sickness or & accident that the majority of the people that post on this board would show love by praying & hoping that person would recover, completely.

Of course I would never say no one never uses any hateful words toward Warren nor that no Warren fans do not use a few hateful words.

Big Fan

Quote from: OldScrap on March 23, 2014, 08:35:46 pm
I would speculate for most its not hate. And for most if a player, coach, or fan at Warren suffered some sickness or & accident that the majority of the people that post on this board would show love by praying & hoping that person would recover, completely.

Of course I would never say no one never uses any hateful words toward Warren nor that no Warren fans do not use a few hateful words.
It's guys like you who keep me from "hating" everyone on here.  Quit be so dang nice! 

AirWarren

Bf, thanks for the laugh!!

Romeo

I used to say Monticello, but in reality Warren and Monticello is more of a friendly rivalry. After reading the comments from Arkadelphia fans last year, I would say they hate us with a passion. They were celebrating in droves after we lost to Booneville.

Big Fan

Quote from: Romeo on March 23, 2014, 09:16:40 pm
I used to say Monticello, but in reality Warren and Monticello is more of a friendly rivalry. After reading the comments from Arkadelphia fans last year, I would say they hate us with a passion. They were celebrating in droves after we lost to Booneville.
However, you would go into "Girlfriend" mode if you lost to Monticello.  LOL

Baitshop

Some say that it is hate....

Some others say that it is FEAR....

Big Fan

Quote from: Baitshop on March 23, 2014, 09:25:39 pm
Some say that it is hate....

Some others say that it is FEAR....
...or respect   

LJ06

Yeah I've never seen one team with their panties in a wad so much over a loss. They REALLY dislike us over there in southwest Arkansas for some reason.

AirWarren

I ran into one if their fans the other night in little rock. Still crying over that loss.

Jacketman65

It's easy to dislike a team when they are continuously successful, AW, when was the last time Warren had a losing record?

AirWarren

Sometime in the early to mid 90s.

Jacketman65

Romeo

As Nick Saban says, mediocre people don't like high achievers and high achievers don't like mediocre people. If you have a bunch a people hating you for your success its always a reminder your doing something right. Its mainly the reason why Duke Basketball has so many haters.

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on March 23, 2014, 09:57:57 pm

Yeah I've never seen one team with their panties in a wad so much over a loss. They REALLY dislike us over there in southwest Arkansas for some reason.
That 03badger was a riot before the game. Not so much afterwards, other than excuses. Btw, I don't hate Warren or it's fine people and players. I do enjoy ticking you off though  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

yep, some of them even quit posting after losing the game. oh wait?

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on March 25, 2014, 03:59:33 pm

oldman - stirring the pot since 2006

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on March 25, 2014, 04:51:37 pm

Who?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on March 25, 2014, 09:20:53 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on March 25, 2014, 04:51:37 pm

Who?
+1

AirWarren

transplant

Irony

LJ06

Quote from: transplant on March 31, 2014, 08:04:05 pm

Irony

;) tis the point

Hoghead

Warren wins, and when teams wins other fans get mad. When they get mad they say mean crazy hateraid type stuff. When fans say mean, crazy, hateraid type of stuff. Warren beats the brakes off of them ! Dont let Warren beat the brakes off of you !!!!!

LJ06

Quote from: Hoghead on April 01, 2014, 05:14:26 pm
Warren wins, and when teams wins other fans get mad. When they get mad they say mean crazy hateraid type stuff. When fans say mean, crazy, hateraid type of stuff. Warren beats the brakes off of them ! Dont let Warren beat the brakes off of you !!!!!

+1

AirWarren

Excellent.

Romeo

AW LJ06 others... does anyone know if we've finalized our 2014 schedule?

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on April 01, 2014, 09:57:58 pm

Have not heard. Still waiting on a final word.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on April 01, 2014, 09:57:58 pm

Still have not heard a word about that week 3 non conf game.

AirWarren

Wish we could pick up a northern Louisiana team. Be interesting.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on April 02, 2014, 11:54:42 am
be careful what you wish for.

LJ06

All I know of is:

Week 1 - Southside
Week 2 - @ Stuttgart
Week 3 - OPEN
Week 4 - @ Crossett
Week 5 - Star City
Week 6 - Dumas
Week 7 - @ DeWitt
Week 8 - @ Monticello
Week 9 - Hamburg
Week 10 - @ Dollarway

Hoghead

April 02, 2014, 09:41:45 pm #31 Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:44:10 pm by Hoghead

Haynesville, Bastrop, Benton, Minden and Haughton would be nice games for Warren. West Monroe, Ruston and Monroe Neville would be a little tougher for Warren. As would be Shreveport Byrd, Evangel, Bossier Parkway and Bossier Airline. Call them up !!!

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on April 02, 2014, 06:06:52 pm
All I know of is:

Week 1 - Southside
Week 2 - @ Stuttgart
Week 3 - OPEN
Week 4 - @ Crossett
Week 5 - Star City
Week 6 - Dumas
Week 7 - @ DeWitt
Week 8 - @ Monticello
Week 9 - Hamburg
Week 10 - @ Dollarway
Looks like you can enjoy an butt whooping in in week #2 and then endure one in week #8.   :) 

HorseFeathers

AAA(they're on the ball this  year with most schedules already published), shows Pulaski Academy in that Week 3 slot...

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on April 02, 2014, 10:26:06 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on April 02, 2014, 06:06:52 pm
All I know of is:

Week 1 - Southside
Week 2 - @ Stuttgart
Week 3 - OPEN
Week 4 - @ Crossett
Week 5 - Star City
Week 6 - Dumas
Week 7 - @ DeWitt
Week 8 - @ Monticello
Week 9 - Hamburg
Week 10 - @ Dollarway
Looks like you can enjoy an butt whooping in in week #2 and then endure one in week #8.   :) 

Please son, ha.

LJ06

Quote from: HF on April 02, 2014, 10:27:52 pm
AAA(they're on the ball this  year with most schedules already published), shows Pulaski Academy in that Week 3 slot...

Would be okay with me. If that's the case then they will be playing at Warren.

cuckoobird

Bigfan and cuckoo are on the same page

Romeo

April 03, 2014, 07:26:36 am #37 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:31:02 am by Romeo
Quote from: HF on April 02, 2014, 10:27:52 pm

Do you have a link? Nevermind, I found it. Yeah it shows it on the AAA website: http://www.ahsaa.org/schedules?schID=462&what_sport=Football&search_team=View+Team

AirWarren

So it is final. Pa, we meet yet again.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Hoghead on April 02, 2014, 09:41:45 pm

Haynesville, Bastrop, Benton, Minden and Haughton would be nice games for Warren. West Monroe, Ruston and Monroe Neville would be a little tougher for Warren. As would be Shreveport Byrd, Evangel, Bossier Parkway and Bossier Airline. Call them up !!!
Hoghead I totatly agree that the first five teams you mentioned would be nice competitive games.  I know Warren has a good program for 4A but those last 7 teams you mentioned have strong programs in the largest two classifications in LA.  Like someone said earlier, be careful what you wish for.

AirWarren

Warren doesn't want any of the last several mentioned. Those teams are legit and would probably crush 95% of Arkansas football teams. West Monroe is a machine.

AirWarren

Sterlington, bastrop, minden, or Rayville would be favorable matchups out it NOLA.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on April 03, 2014, 08:06:39 am
So it is final. Pa, we meet yet again.

Hopefully with a better outcome this time around. However, I've got that week 2 matchup circled on the calendar. Nothing sweeter than beating the crap out of Ricebirds.

AirWarren

Already ready for football again. Smh.

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on April 03, 2014, 08:23:40 am
Warren doesn't want any of the last several mentioned. Those teams are legit and would probably crush 95% of Arkansas football teams. West Monroe is a machine.
+1

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on April 03, 2014, 08:30:53 am
Sterlington, bastrop, minden, or Rayville would be favorable matchups out it NOLA.
+1

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

When looking at teams in North Louisiana that Warren would match-up well with there's quite an impressive list.  The fact that Warren hasn't crossed the state line looking for opponents yet still kinda baffles me.  If "no one will play them" as I've heard often, and do consider the case, especially in SEArk then Bo and Co. need to pick up the phones and start calling.  Having grown-up in Warren and followed Lumberjack football through-out their recent successful histroy, and now, having lived in North Louisiana (Ruston/West Monroe) since I started college in 2003, I've been afforded the unique opportunity to really get to know some of the programs here in our region. 

When I tell you there are some very exciting possibilities as far as competitive opponents available to Warren, there are.  I'll list the ones below that I think the Jacks would match up favorably with.

1A: OCS (Ouachita Christian School)--One of the very best small classification teams in Louisiana.  They had won back to back 1A titles going into this past fall, but had a 30-someting game win streak snapped by Union High and then were bounced in the all private school play-offs earlier than expected.  They still run a very offense friendly system, can score in bunches and tend to play solid defense.  They have an excellent coach and the players are your typical private school make: hard-working, smart, play mistake free and very efficient.  Warren would certainly have more athletes, but this would be a great opponent to help expose coverage issues and would also be a physical opponent to help the Jacks toughen up.

1A: Mangham--The Dragons would be an excellent opponent for Bo and crew.  Mangham is fresh off a runner-up finish to Haynesville in the 'Dome and brings back a stable of athletes for 2014.  The Dragons always have athletes, year in, year out.  With the new coaching staff that they have in place it looks like they'll also be able to capitalize on this talent where they've fallen short in the past.  These boys are big, strong and fast and the community support offered by Mangham is 2nd to none.  I would pay money to see Warren and Mangham tie up a time or two, and it would definitely set up some entertaining match-ups. 

1A: Haynesville--This is another small school juggernaut here in Louisiana.  The Golden Tornadoes are no joke and would absolutely give Warren a whale of a game.  Loaded with athletes top to bottom, these boys LOVE the game of football and play it soundly.  They just capped off another state title season, their 2nd in 3 years I believe and this program is probably, in my opinion, the top small school in North Louisiana.  Full of tradition, coupled with unlimited community support this is another game I would pay good money to see if Warren could land them on the schedule.  They play physical, smash-mouth football that would be a great learning opportunity for Warren to prepare them for the play-offs.  Of the 1A teams I've listed, Haynesville is the only school I would give a higher chance of beating Warren.  They are that good. 

1A: Cedar Creek School--Another private school located in Ruston that has had some recent success.  They are a lot like OCS but without the state championships and over-all success.  They have a capable program and run a fairly balanced attack but Warren would likely be able to completely out-athlete the Cougars.  Cedar Creek is starting to turn the corner though and I suspect their stock will only rise in the coming years.  The Cougars wouldn't be my 1st option to see Warren play, but it would be interesting. 

2A: Sterlington: The Panthers, like Cedar Creek, are starting to turn the corner again in their program.  They experienced a lot of success early last decade playing for a few state titles and I believe winning one in either '02 or '03.  Recent history hasn't been as kind to Sterlington but they are still a capable opponent.  They have athletes year in and year out and a coaching staff that appears to be getting better and better.  They have wonderful facilities and avid fan support, plus, school size wise, they match up with Warren's enrollment.  Would be a competitive game, but I still think most years, Warren would have the superior team.  They run a balanced attack from what I've seen, and would be a good opponent for the Jacks to learn from.

2A: Oak Grove:  OGT!  The Oak Grove Tigers are a staple around Northeast Louisiana.  There was a time in the late 90-early 00s where they simply dominated the sports world.  I think between their football and baseball teams they won something like 5 or 6 titles, it was unreal.  Very strong, tradition rich school that would be a great opponent for the Jacks.  They haven't enjoyed quite the success here in recent years as they've undergone a coaching change, but they had a solid season last year and from what I've heard, are expecting big things in 2014.  They run an option-attack if I remember correctly and their physical brand of football would be a great test for Warren to get them ready for something similar in the play-offs.  Again, the community support would be unquestioned, they'd sell a ton of tickets.

3A: Union Parish:  If I could see Warren play ONE North Louisiana team, right now, I think it would be the Farmers of UP.  Formerly the Farmerville High School Farmers, Union Parish is fresh off a 14-1 state title season.  They are a big, physical, power football type team that would match-up very well against Warren.  The Lumberjacks would not be able to out-athlete a team like Union Parish who is loaded with skilled players at all positions.  Their strength and conditioning are 2nd to none as well as they've finished very high in the state weight lifting competitions in recent years.  Throw in the fact that their colors are also Orange and Black and they've got the Miami "U" on the side of the helmet, this game would be a huge draw!  Union Parish is going to be a contender in 3A for years to come and a match-up with Warren would be well worth the price of admission.  Make it happen Bo!

3A: Rayville:  Like Mangham in 1A, the Hornets would be a great test for the Jacks as they would be as athletic, if not more athletic than anything Warren could put on the field.  They haven't enjoyed quite the success the last 2 or 3 seasons as they did say 2006-2009, they had some loaded teams back then, but Rayville would still be a great opponent for Warren.  They run out of the spread if I remember right and can score some points in a hurry.  It would be a high flying affair with lots of athletes on both sidelines.  I think most years Warren would hold the upper hand, but Rayville would be a worthy opponent.

4A: Bastrop:  The Rams aren't the team they were just 4 or 5 years ago, but they are still plenty good. The obviously have a larger enrollment than Warren and typically field a larger team.  Athletically though, Warren would hold its own very well against today's Bastrop team.  One thing is for sure, there would be no shortage of pure athletes on the field between the two teams.  Bastrop runs a fairly balanced attack and at times last season absolutely lit up the scoreboard, they also got lit up a time or two as well.  The Rams are a good but not great team at this point but would still be a very worthy, capable opponent for Warren and a game both fan bases would pay to see.

Those are the for sures as far as teams I'd like to see Warren play in the future and teams Warren would compete very well with.  There are some other teams in North Louisiana that the Jacks could look into scheduling, Minden, Ruston maybe even a Benton or Bossier.  West Monroe would be a little too much to bite into for a school with the enrollment size of Warren.  The Rebels would simply overwhelm the Jacks--who I think could play well for about a half against WM, but the size and numbers would be too much to overcome.  Ruston is a similar story, but I think Warren could compete much better against a team like the Bearcats.  They have size and athletes but not at the level of a West Monroe.  Most seasons, I think Warren could be very competitive with a team of Ruston's size.  Neville, like West Monroe, is on another level right now.  Their program is at it's peak and they might be the best team in North Louisiana right now--even over WM.  The Tigers are a year in, year out contender in 4A and with the Rebels on a bit of a "downslide" the past two seasons, by their standards, Neville has supplanted them in some eyes as the top program in North Louisiana, and I won't argue that.  Warren would not compete very well against Neville for four quarters.  Be an interesting half of ball, but the Tigers would likely physically dominate the Jacks in the second half.

I'd love to see Warren come across the state line and pick up one or two of these schools in future years.  It never hurts to ask and I know the fans would love to see a new face instead of the same ole, same ole.  If Bo can't find anyone in Arkansas to play us, then start checking out Louisiana.

Just my two cents.

--Kyle

AirWarren

Good to hear from you buddy! I'll see you in about a month son when we are in LA.

Super jack

I love it! it's smelling like Football around the corner and I just know that the haters are always going to hate but we will take it all in stride and try to improve on last season. I just hope the boys can pull it together and figure out this QB deal.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Pulaski Academy, Fayetteville, Camden Fairview, and now 3A Booneville thats all i got to say about that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas