• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln@Malvern

Started by THE D.O.C, November 16, 2013, 07:57:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2013, 12:01:13 am
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2013, 11:59:36 pm
Like I said on the other thread.  There has now been another team that after the the game said "Lincoln was better than we thought they would be".  Will Booneville be next?

No.
Hey, do you really know? or are you a Booneville supporter and, like me, will support them come heck or high water?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 23, 2013, 12:13:30 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2013, 12:01:13 am
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2013, 11:59:36 pm
Like I said on the other thread.  There has now been another team that after the the game said "Lincoln was better than we thought they would be".  Will Booneville be next?

No.
Hey, do you really know? or are you a Booneville supporter and, like me, will support them come heck or high water?

I bleed purple and gold if that answers your question. 

Sweetfeet

That sounds like a serious ailment, you should get that checked out.

OLDSCHOOL82

That's normal in south Logan county.  Makes ya meaner.

Sweetfeet

November 23, 2013, 01:08:24 am #104 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:32:29 am by Sweetfeet

Sweetfeet

Oldbadger, once you get home you should discuss the glaring weaknesses that Malvern had.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 23, 2013, 08:32:37 am
Oldbadger, once you get home you should discuss the glaring weaknesses that Malvern had.
Well, I was wrong about two of them.  (1) The QB was better than I thought, but still ineffective overall because Lincoln's D-backs were able to cover the receivers like a glove.  Of course the rain didn't help him any.  (2) The RB had a good night and was their only effective weapon.  His only problem is that he takes too long to get through the hole.  He seemed to try to wait until the hole opened up, then go.  If he had hit it full speed like Cummings it may have been a different ballgame.  I think Lincoln would have won, but it would have been closer.  I noticed this tendency on video.  (3) The defensive line was handled very well by the Badgers.  I feel Lincoln's line, as far as run blocking is better than the Badgers.  I knew we would roll up points and yards on them.  That is why I predicted a 38-35 game. Lincoln dominated the defensive line of Malvern. (4)  The defensive end would, most of the time, not all, line up inside our tackle.  They were trying to stop the run by putting 8 to 9 men in the box.  This is okay, except that the linebacker was lined up right behind the end.  The Lincoln QB, if he saw this, would change the play and hand off to Cummings with the Fullback doing the lead block and taking out the Linebacker.  The Wideout blocked his man, the tackle blocked his man in or back and it was clear sailing for Lincoln's RB.  He scored or made huge yardage on this.  These are the things I saw as I watched the video.  There may have been others.

lightsoutlefty

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 23, 2013, 08:49:11 am
Well, I was wrong about two of them.  (1) The QB was better than I thought, but still ineffective overall because Lincoln's D-backs were able to cover the receivers like a glove.  Of course the rain didn't help him any.  (2) The RB had a good night and was their only effective weapon.  His only problem is that he takes too long to get through the hole.  He seemed to try to wait until the hole opened up, then go.  If he had hit it full speed like Cummings it may have been a different ballgame.  I think Lincoln would have won, but it would have been closer.  I noticed this tendency on video.  (3) The defensive line was handled very well by the Badgers.  I feel Lincoln's line, as far as run blocking is better than the Badgers.  I knew we would roll up points and yards on them.  That is why I predicted a 38-35 game. Lincoln dominated the defensive line of Malvern. (4)  The defensive end would, most of the time, not all, line up inside our tackle.  They were trying to stop the run by putting 8 to 9 men in the box.  This is okay, except that the linebacker was lined up right behind the end.  The Lincoln QB, if he saw this, would change the play and hand off to Cummings with the Fullback doing the lead block and taking out the Linebacker.  The Wideout blocked his man, the tackle blocked his man in or back and it was clear sailing for Lincoln's RB.  He scored or made huge yardage on this.  These are the things I saw as I watched the video.  There may have been others.
Thought yall played Malvern??

Oldbadger

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 23, 2013, 08:54:08 am
Quote from: Oldbadger on November 23, 2013, 08:49:11 am
Thought yall played Malvern??
Well, that is a little confusing.  I meant that I watched Malvern play the  Badgers and that's where I noticed this problem.  Sorry, I usually try to proof better than that.LOL

4AWhistler

November 30, 2013, 08:32:23 am #109 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:11:08 am by 4AWhistler
Of the towns, fans, and football stadiums that Lincoln visited or had the honor of hosting during its amazing run into the 4A state playoffs, I'd have to say I appreciated the hospitality and camaraderie during our time at Malvern.  I enjoyed visiting with many of you as we stood in the rain!  Hats off to your program and thank you.

DerekOxford

Quote from: 4AWhistler on November 30, 2013, 08:32:23 am
Of the towns, fans, and football stadiums that Lincoln visited or had the honor of hosting during its amazing run into the 4A state playoffs, I'd have to say I appreciated the hospitality and comradery  during our time at Malvern.  I enjoyed visiting with many of you as we stood in the rain!  Hats off to your program and thank you.

Good effort, but camaraderie is what you're looking for.

TIGER101

Derek ur a ball buster!!!  Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas