• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln@Malvern

Started by THE D.O.C, November 16, 2013, 07:57:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

THE D.O.C

How do these two team catch up.

Sweetfeet

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 16, 2013, 07:57:40 am
How do these two team catch up.
Who exactly are they trying to catch up to?

TIGER101

I like catch up with my French fries!!!!!!

lightsoutlefty

Malvern rolls in this one.

Sweetfeet

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on November 16, 2013, 11:56:26 am
Malvern rolls in this one.
Technically, Lincoln rolls in this one. 

THE D.O.C

Lincoln must be pretty good beating Nashville. What style of offense do they run and what did they do on defense to hold Nashville to just 14 points?

03Badger

the misconception that Lincoln must be good because they beat nashville is flawed. Nashville just isnt that good this year. regular season or playoffs. they arent that good.

it should be a good game. 

I think malvern will win... but it should be close. i dont know much about lincoln, other than Brad Harris the head coach, is from Arkadelphia.

Sweetfeet

Quote from: 03Badger on November 16, 2013, 01:56:06 pm
the misconception that Lincoln must be good because they beat nashville is flawed. Nashville just isnt that good this year. regular season or playoffs. they arent that good.

I think malvern will win... but it should be close. i dont know much about lincoln, other than Brad Harris the head coach, is from Arkadelphia.
Does Lincoln have some sort of disease that makes every team they beat bad?  I'm pretty sure if Lincoln won State that someone would say the whole 4a is down incrementally this year.  Give the kids, and the 1-4a some credit.

THE D.O.C

What difference does Brad Harris being from Arkadelphia have. Nashville's offensive line is the only weakness I saw this year.

Oldbadger

Most of the prognosticators on this board make their decisions not knowing much about either team.  If you don't know, don't guess.  Find out about them, then make an informed decision. If you want to compare scores, Arkadelphia beat Nashville after trailing them at half 17 to 14.  Finally winning 28 to 17.  Lincoln was tied with Nashville 14 to 14 at half, then beat them 27 to 14.  What does that mean?  I haven't had a chance to view Malvern video, but will.  From my perspective Lincoln CAN beat Malvern.  i'll tell you why later.  If Malvern is like Nashville and expect to win just by showing up, they'll be mewing before the game is over. 

redeye819

Actually he is from Gurdon, correct?

Spotty

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 16, 2013, 04:45:15 pm

Most of the prognosticators on this board make their decisions not knowing much about either team.  If you don't know, don't guess.  Find out about them, then make an informed decision. If you want to compare scores, Arkadelphia beat Nashville after trailing them at half 17 to 14.  Finally winning 28 to 17.  Lincoln was tied with Nashville 14 to 14 at half, then beat them 27 to 14.  What does that mean?  I haven't had a chance to view Malvern video, but will.  From my perspective Lincoln CAN beat Malvern.  i'll tell you why later.  If Malvern is like Nashville and expect to win just by showing up, they'll be mewing before the game is over.

I really don't get into the comparing scores game. Let's take Nashville again. Arkadelphia couldn't really pull away from Nashville. Malvern mercy ruled them. Then Arkadelphia almost mercy rules Malvern.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Spotty on November 16, 2013, 04:50:48 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on November 16, 2013, 04:45:15 pm

I really don't get into the comparing scores game. Let's take Nashville again. Arkadelphia couldn't really pull away from Nashville. Malvern mercy ruled them. Then Arkadelphia almost mercy rules Malvern.
That's the point I was trying to make.  Before you make a score prediction that is realistic, find out about the teams, don't resort to "just because".  Badger03 is saying just because Lincoln beat Nashville, they are not good.  Well,can we say the same about the BAdgers.  The Badgers are 11 and 0. Lincoln is 10 and 1.  Are they not good?  By the way, I always pull for the Badgers and am a big Badger fan.  I live in Arkadelphia.  But I am also a staunch Lincoln supporter.  So, Unless Lincoln is playing the BAdgers, I can pull for both.

03Badger

i wasnt downing lincoln at all...???  i was saying nashville isnt very good this year. and theyre not. no matter how many teams beat them by however many points.

Brad Harris has a long coaching tenure in Arkadelphia, yes, a Gurdon native. makes no difference, even though i said all i know about lincoln is the head coach...

beating nashville isnt a signature win...... this year.

Bigbossman

Guys really I would not use nashville as a rule of measure at all. They were all over the place this year pretty much the only two things that  didnt change from game to game was the lack of a QB and the weak oline.

Malvern/lincoln will be a good game. I feel like malvern @ home. And their speed will be too much for lincoln to handle. Lincoln got a cream puff of a team with nashville. That will not be the case this coming week. And honestly I doubt lincoln thinks it will be. They know this is all new ground for them. Personally I hope they beat the breaks off malvern.

True Fan

Malvern's speed seems to show up more at home on their turf. Lincoln will need to bring their A game.

TIGER101

I've picked Lincoln to win every game but one this year <pg>, and as much as I would like to see them upset Malvern it will be a very big task.  I remember walking into Leopard Stadium and seeing that team 2 years ago in the 2nd rd and just thinking were in trouble.......  How does this Malvern team compare to the one PG played 2 years ago?

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 16, 2013, 08:49:51 pm
I've picked Lincoln to win every game but one this year <pg>, and as much as I would like to see them upset Malvern it will be a very big task.  I remember walking into Leopard Stadium and seeing that team 2 years ago in the 2nd rd and just thinking were in trouble.......  How does this Malvern team compare to the one PG played 2 years ago?

Malvern is big and physical up front on both sides of the ball. They have an aggressive defense that blitzes a lot and plays press man coverage.  They have good ball hawking DBs but they can be thrown on if their pressure isn't getting to the QB.  They have a lot of speed and an excellent playmaker in kaylen burks.  Their rbs are physical and chew up big chunks of yards.

TIGER101

2 yes ago it was big strong lb's and Rb's.   Very athletic with skill

THE D.O.C

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 16, 2013, 09:13:09 pm

Can someone tell me what Lincoln did to beat Nashville? Did they dominate both sides of the ball? Did Nashville run out of gas late? Do Lincoln run the spread or traditional offense? Do they have a great QB/RB?

Oldbadger

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 16, 2013, 09:32:55 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 16, 2013, 09:13:09 pm

Can someone tell me what Lincoln did to beat Nashville? Did they dominate both sides of the ball? Did Nashville run out of gas late? Do Lincoln run the spread or traditional offense? Do they have a great QB/RB?
Lincoln controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, shut Pettaway down for the most part (he scored both tds for nashville)  He had about 70 yard total offense.  Then pounded them with a punishing run game (wind was too high to pass).  Lincolns Qb rushed for about 80 yard and one TD and passed for about 70.  Rb rushed 35 times for 190 yards and one TD.   Defense intercepted a pass and ran back for a TD.  Kicker kicked two field goals.  lincoln runs the spread but can and will run the ball out of that formation.  Qb has passed for almost 1700 yards and 21 TDs.  RB has run for almost 1700 yards and 25 Tds. 

TIGER101

Like someone already said.  Lincoln isn't a big team but plays big.  Pretty physical with decent not great speed.  They run a spread type offense throw and run out of it.  Good WR'S but not real big, catch the ball really well.  They don't have depth nor does most 4 a teams.  Good qb and rb.  Throw short passes 90% of time and rely on WR to make play.  Very very aggressive on D.

TIGER101

Sorry Oldbadger we must been typing at the same time....

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 16, 2013, 09:55:08 pm
Sorry Oldbadger we must been typing at the same time....
Its alright, he go his info.

THE D.O.C

Malvern is tough at home, averaging 50+ points. They got weapons at and defense is pretty good. Several underclassmen got experience vs. Monticello Friday night.

THE D.O.C

Lincoln folks,,,,,,,,,,where you at????????????????????

Sweetfeet

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 17, 2013, 09:20:30 pm
Lincoln folks,,,,,,,,,,where you at????????????????????
We hibernate until Monday for the most part.

Oldbadger

For right now I will only say---I just watched video of Malvern.  Lincoln can beat them.  They are not overpowering.  They have some glaring problems that Lincoln will take advantage of.  I was not impressed. 

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 17, 2013, 09:36:21 pm
For right now I will only say---I just watched video of Malvern.  Lincoln can beat them.  They are not overpowering.  They have some glaring problems that Lincoln will take advantage of.  I was not impressed.

what game did you watch

tmycjy

my pick is for this game

Lincoln 28
Malvern 27

THE D.O.C

November 17, 2013, 10:12:27 pm #30 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:28:23 pm by THE D.O.C
Well if it's Malvern's offense I can't see too many problems, only game of concern is Arkadelphia. They didn't adjust to their talented linebacker, that's been fixed. With CAC, Malvern used aggressive blitz packages that allowed them to throw screens to gain yardage, that's been fixed. So not much left to scout.

Oldbadger

November 17, 2013, 10:41:49 pm #31 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:43:41 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 17, 2013, 10:12:27 pm
Well if it's Malvern's offense I can't see too many problems, only game of concern is Arkadelphia. They didn't adjust to their talented linebacker, that's been fixed. With CAC, Malvern used aggressive blitz packages that allowed them to throw screens to gain yardage, that's been fixed. So not much left to scout.
Watched the Arkadelphia game.  Will watch others tomorrow.  Its easy to say they have been fixed.  You don't know until you play.  Problems on both sides of the ball.  Going to bed now fellas, Oldbadger needs his sleep!! Talk tomorrow.  I will say that you will have another talented Linebacker to adjust to.  Top three in the state in tackles not counting the Nashville game.

sideline

Malvern beat Nashville, 56 - 21.  Lincoln beat Nashville 24 - 17.  Malvern is much tougher than Nashville.  Malvern has the size, depth and speed to win this one.

THE D.O.C

Nashville made a mistake of placing Pettway at QB, taking their #1 weapon and isolating him. Malvern has several skilled athletes on offense that can hurt you all over the field including QB, receivers and RB's. Tough to beat them at home. I can't see Lincoln beating them having a 3 hour bus ride.

mossflyer

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 17, 2013, 10:41:49 pm
Watched the Arkadelphia game.  Will watch others tomorrow.  Its easy to say they have been fixed.  You don't know until you play.  Problems on both sides of the ball.  Going to bed now fellas, Oldbadger needs his sleep!! Talk tomorrow.  I will say that you will have another talented Linebacker to adjust to.  Top three in the state in tackles not counting the Nashville game.
How do you know this?  How many 4A schools publish stats?  Much less defensive stats.   

Sweetfeet

Sideline, if you're going to try and compare scores, at least get them right.

mossflyer

I really like the underdog story of Lincoln, and the Wolves should be carrying a great deal of confidence after defeating Nashville last week.  If they catch a couple of breaks early, they've got a shot at taking down Malvern.  But, I just dont think its gonna happen...Malvern by 14. 

kjjackson

Lincoln can block and tackle. They are slow, QB was terrible Friday night throwing the ball, surely he is better than that. Nashville let them control both lines, I really doubt Malvern will let them do that this week. Without that I don't see Lincoln staying in the game.

sideline

Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 18, 2013, 09:15:52 am
My bad. 56 - 21 and 27 - 14.  I will still go with Malvern over Lincoln........

Panther85

D.O.C. - re the CAC game...it wasn't realy screens that got the majority of the pass yards. It was just one of those nights for CAC QB. He had 453 yards, 5 TD's and no INT's. He actually did that fairly consistently all year, led 4A in yards. CAC just had NO defense...none! Can't get 453 on just screens, he was hitting some deep and intermediate balls pretty often to the two big receivers. (And, by the way, this is in no a debate/call out/trash, etc...just making a response. Everyone seems so edgy on here. LOL) In this game, I don't see Lincoln stopping the Malvern athletes. The speed was incredible on some of the Leopards.

Sweetfeet

Quote from: kjjackson on November 18, 2013, 09:28:48 am
Lincoln can block and tackle. They are slow, QB was terrible Friday night throwing the ball, surely he is better than that. Nashville let them control both lines, I really doubt Malvern will let them do that this week. Without that I don't see Lincoln staying in the game.
Have you seen Lincoln play this year?  They may not have any phenomenal single player running a 4.2, but they have a good proportion of players running 4.6, 4.7, 4.8's.  Also, "Nashville let them control both lines," really?  I very seriously doubt any team is going to "let" their opponent do anything.  What you meant to say is, Lincoln controlled both lines.

Oldbadger

I assume you were at the game?  If you were you would have know the wind was blowing about 25 mph from the south.  Our kicker tried a field goal from about 30 yards out, was going right through the upright down the middle, the wind caught it and blew it back so that it was short.  Our QB threw a pass into the wind to one of his receivers and the wind blew it about 10 yards from the receiver.  Tried one more to a wide open receiver and the wind caught it and blew it right into the hands of a Scrapper.  From then on he only threw bubble passes or a couple of swing passes.  They decided to go to a highly successful run game.  On the other hand the Scrappers completed only 12 of 35 passes.  So the weather played a major factor in the passing game.  Lincolns QB has thrown for over 1700 yards in an offense that runs half the time.  So, yes, he is a good passer.  As far as being slow, I really felt that Nashville would show us some speed.  They probably had it, but we didn't see it for some reason. I will say, they may not be as fast as Malvern, but they are fast enough.

Oldbadger

Quote from: mossflyer on November 18, 2013, 09:09:59 am
Quote from: Oldbadger on November 17, 2013, 10:41:49 pm
How do you know this?  How many 4A schools publish stats?  Much less defensive stats.   
You are exactly right!!  Many don't do this.  But of the ones who do, he was number 3 last week.  I would say that he has probably 180 tackles after the Nashville game.  I admit I am only guessing but he had over 160 before that game.  So, who knows for sure.  But if my linebacker was a senior and he was making that many tackles I would sure make sure his stats were visible for college coaches to see.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: sideline on November 18, 2013, 11:10:07 am

I was at the Lincoln/Nashville game. Score could have just as easily been 41-14. And Lincoln controlled the game from the opening kickoff all the way through. I think they match up better with Malvern than most will give them credit for. Not saying they will win. I haven't seen Malvern play so I won't act like I have. But the final score of the Lincoln/Nashville game isn't entirely indicative of how it went.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 18, 2013, 12:38:56 pm

I was at the Lincoln/Nashville game. Score could have just as easily been 41-14. And Lincoln controlled the game from the opening kickoff all the way through. I think they match up better with Malvern than most will give them credit for. Not saying they will win. I haven't seen Malvern play so I won't act like I have. But the final score of the Lincoln/Nashville game isn't entirely indicative of how it went.
My very thoughts but I hesitated to mention them.  Thanks for doing so!!

THE D.O.C

Can you please explain to my why the Nashville/Lincoln game wasn't 41-14? Did Lincoln take a knee at the goal line 3 times?

Oldbadger

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 18, 2013, 04:14:08 pm

Can you please explain to my why the Nashville/Lincoln game wasn't 41-14? Did Lincoln take a knee at the goal line 3 times?
I can't speak for Wendall, but my opinion is, the last play of the game was when Lincoln took a knee.  We were deep in Nashville territory, can't remember the yard line, and most likely could have scored at that time.  There was about 30 seconds left and we had the wind for passing.  Nashville players had seen that they couldn't win and were dejected and demoralized.  Officials made several bad calls that would have given Lincoln the ball again (earlier) deep in Nashville territory.  This also was in the second half and right after the interception that made it 21 to 14.  Nashville was having trouble mounting any kind of offense and Lincoln was taking it to them.  Lincoln had a couple of drives stopped by bad officiating.  Two interference calls were awful.  I am trying to write this from memory (I'm at work) so I may not recall exactly.  But Nashville was emotionally out of the game after the interception.  So, in my opinion, official's terrible calls made the game closer.

kjjackson

Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 18, 2013, 11:28:08 am
Have you seen Lincoln play this year?  They may not have any phenomenal single player running a 4.2, but they have a good proportion of players running 4.6, 4.7, 4.8's.  Also, "Nashville let them control both lines," really?  I very seriously doubt any team is going to "let" their opponent do anything.  What you meant to say is, Lincoln controlled both lines.

Whatever, play cheerleader if you want. I'm just saying what I saw. When you have little guys like that getting through your line you are letting them. You'll see what I mean this week.

Nip/Tusk

I would respectfully disagree with old badger.

Lincoln's first two drives of the game ended deep in Nashvilles territory with 0 point. One ended with an interception and the other Lincoln was stopped on a 4th and short run right up the gut. (IIRC)

Could have easily been 10 more points early on.

THE D.O.C

Lincoln, I know you want to use that old "The world is against me." quote to motivate your team but Malvern ain't buying it. Just get plenty of rest this week, drive on down to Hot Spring County, hit the field and let chips fall where they may. This game is going to be played by two teams that has earned their way to the 2nd round. I would like to warn you. Malvern's 9th graders played most of the 2nd half of last weeks game so you might wanna drink a couple 5 hour Energy to help keep up with the speed you are about to witness. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas