• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A East Conference Baseball 2010

Started by Pitch DR, February 09, 2010, 01:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitch DR

Searcy opens at Nettleton today after last week's cancelled benefit with Batesville.  Who does Marion have today?  Anyone else play? 

True Believer

Marion plays Blytheville at 4:00.  Varsity and JV.  That's on our school website schedule.

http://www.msd3.org/~athletics/Baseball#bbschedule

keepyourfocus

Jacksonville is at Beebe Today. Beat LR Christian 4-1 yesterday.

ricepig

Jonesboro has Marked Tree today, Blytheville on Thursday, and Gosnell on Friday.

bigdaddyhawg

March 02, 2010, 06:38:23 pm #54 Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:28:13 pm by bigdaddyhawg
Searcy up 19-0 after 4 at Nettleton.

oldcatcher

Schoolboy12

Bomber_man

Quote from: oldcatcher on March 01, 2010, 11:46:20 pm
Quote from: UALR11 on February 22, 2010, 11:51:14 pm
Mountain Home better hve theyre best season in a long time...they are practicing 5 + hours a day...and with te talent they have?

5 hours a day..in mnt home? Did they build a dome?

No, but there is a gym, three batting cages, a track, and a state of the art weight room, and believe me the head coach there takes FULL advantage of it.

devilsman

Jacksonville is currently 2-0 with wins on Monday and Tuesday.

Jax 4-LR Christian 1

Jax 3-Beebe 2

armistead25

MH starts the year off at Batesville tomorrow.

Marionpats07™

I like what Marion did with the $200,000 worth of renovation to their baseball field. Looks good!

2windy

I understand MH had a pitcher move-in. How is he doing?

Pitch DR

How did Batesville look?

Searcy beat a solid NLR team (who won the Benton tourney, I believe) on Mon. night 2-1. 

Thx to 10+ days of dry weather and a crew that worked most of last weekend, we will be having our first home game tomorrow actually at home and not at the legion field or elsewhere. 

Conference schedule starts next week.  Good luck to everyone. 

ricepig

Yep, it's conference time. Jonesboro opens with Parkview on Tuesday, who does everyone else open with?

Jonesboro won two last night in the Polar Bear at WM/Marion, but the rain has already canceled everything out for the weekend. We should have known this dry weather wasn't going to last forever, I just hope it isn't a repeat of last years wet spring.

Also, I got a look at Marion's reworked field, looks to be first class all the way, one of the top playing surfaces I've seen on a high school field.

Pitch DR

Searcy opens at Hall.  I believe Jax opens with WM.  And that leaves Marion and Mt. Home for the other match-up. 

ricepig

Is Kanis Park off of 630 around Mississippi?

Ballard is #1

MH beat Marion 10-0 and 3-1 tonight.

devilsman

Jacksonville swept West Memphis tonight

Game 1: Jax 15-WM 0

Game 2: Jax 13-WM 1

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps Parkview 3-1 and 12-2.

fastdrop

Quote from: devilsman on March 16, 2010, 08:45:28 pm
Jacksonville swept West Memphis tonight

Game 1: Jax 15-WM 0

Game 2: Jax 13-WM 1
good gosh....Who scored our 1 run? Nobody in the Crittenden County is playing competitive baseball anymore....what a shame. Marion getting slammed too.

Pitch DR

Looks like four sweeps then.  Searcy swept Hall 10-0, 10-0.  I'll wait another round of games before putting some initial standings together.  Everyone takes a break next week, though I think most of us are playing in the Xtra Innings tourney.  Could end up with some conference action during those three days. 

ricepig

Yep, I hope the weather is good, it should be 3 days of some good baseball.

Pitch DR

Ballard, who pitched each game for Mt. Home?

Ballard is #1

Quote from: Pitch DR on March 17, 2010, 12:53:12 pm
Trey Killian the sophomore threw the first game that they won 10-0. Cody Woodhouse, the A-State commit threw the 3-1 game. Pitching is looking up for them, now all they need is to get the bats working.

Bomber_man

Quote from: Ballard is #1 on March 17, 2010, 01:07:17 pm
Quote from: Pitch DR on March 17, 2010, 12:53:12 pm
Trey Killian the sophomore threw the first game that they won 10-0. Cody Woodhouse, the A-State commit threw the 3-1 game. Pitching is looking up for them, now all they need is to get the bats working.

Both threw complete games, the first game of course only went 5 innings.

Pitch DR

Any predictions for the XI tourney this week?  Matchups you are looking forward to seeing?  Will we get it started?  Last report i saw showed 70-80% chance of rain for Thursday. 

ricepig

Quote from: Pitch DR on March 23, 2010, 09:58:36 am
Any predictions for the XI tourney this week?  Matchups you are looking forward to seeing?  Will we get it started?  Last report i saw showed 70-80% chance of rain for Thursday. 

I predict rain, hopefully it will only interrupt Thursday's play. One map I saw had it here by 9:00 am Thursday and out of the area by noon. I wouldn't be surprised if it scales back to a three game guarantee, I don't see how we can miss any games and stay on schedule. After only getting in two games at the Polar Bear in Marion, I was hoping this one would go off without a hitch. Oh, and I guess I'm looking forward to a Jonesboro/Searcy finals, if we both get there.

fastdrop

ricepig

Well, the rain on Thursday put a hurt on the XI, but a lot of teams did get in three games in a classic forum. Jonesboro only got to play 2, beat FS Northside 8-1 and Lake Hamilton 9-2. Marion comes to Jonesboro on Tuesday, who does everyone else play?

Pitch DR

We host WM this week, and I believe JAX plays Hall, which would leave MH and Parkview.  Post scores when they come in, and I'll get the first standings up. 

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps Marion 8-6 and 13-6.

devilsman

Jacksonville swept Hall earlier

Game 1: Jax 20-Hall 1

Game 2: Jax 21-Hall 0

Pitch DR

Searcy sweeps WM 17-4 and 13-3.

Any MH and Parkview scores?

ricepig

I read on-line that MH sweeps PV, 6-1 and 13-2.

ricepig

March 31, 2010, 11:55:47 am #85 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:26:46 pm by ricepig
Conference Standings 3/31/10

Jacksonville     4-0
Jonesboro       4-0
Searcy           4-0
Mt. Home        4-0
Hall                0-4
Marion            0-4
Parkview         0-4
West Memphis  0-4

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder coach, I just had a few minutes to set it up. Did y'all get the whole game in against Dyer County, I noticed the Sun reported a score. We had them against Paragould at our place on Friday, they looked pretty solid. I know sitting in the pressbox we kept waiting on the catcher to throw it into centerfield on his throws back to the pitcher, I've never seen a catcher throw it back that hard on every throw. Heck, he may have pitched against you, he was 5 mph faster than the pitcher.

Pitch DR

March 31, 2010, 02:26:01 pm #86 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:27:58 pm by Pitch DR
No problem, Ricepig.  I've been meaning to get to it all day, but it's been one of those days.  I don't remember the last time the conference started all 4-0 or 0-4.  :o

We did not get to finish our game with DC, but I agree, they were a good club.  We were down 5-4 in the sixth when lightning and rain stopped play--gave up all five as unearned runs in one inning.  Not our best defensive effort. 

Yeah, that catcher had some pop for sure. 

What does the schedule look like for everyone next week?  We host Parkview, and we play the Batesville tourney this weekend. 

ricepig

March 31, 2010, 02:36:07 pm #87 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:46:07 pm by ricepig
Yep, one would think it is a conference of haves and have not's, but as we all know, anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Jonesboro travels to Hall next Tuesday. The restriction in games left us out of the Batesville tourney, I'm not sure I ever understood that decision.

Otis

Jax hosts LR Central Fri. Travels to Marion Tues.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2010, 11:55:47 am
Conference Standings 3/31/10

Jacksonville     4-0
Jonesboro       4-0
Searcy           4-0
Mt. Home        4-0
Hall                0-4
Marion            0-4
Parkview         0-4
West Memphis  0-4

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder coach, I just had a few minutes to set it up. Did y'all get the whole game in against Dyer County, I noticed the Sun reported a score. We had them against Paragould at our place on Friday, they looked pretty solid. I know sitting in the pressbox we kept waiting on the catcher to throw it into centerfield on his throws back to the pitcher, I've never seen a catcher throw it back that hard on every throw. Heck, he may have pitched against you, he was 5 mph faster than the pitcher.

You did not have to put WM in last place...they are in 5th with a shot at the play-offs =).

ricepig

I don't think they will finish there, but that's where they fall today in alphabetical order. Haha

thegotoguy_bomberman

MH and Searcy fight for first and second... Jonesboro and Jax fight for third and fourth.. Hall, Parkview, WM, Marion are all pretty much worthless..  ;D

ricepig

You say this after four games, weren't you one of those predicting a stellar football season, how'd that workout? I've seen the top four and I think it will be a dog fight.

Otis

jaxdevil10

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on April 01, 2010, 10:06:58 pm
MH and Searcy fight for first and second... Jonesboro and Jax fight for third and fourth.. Hall, Parkview, WM, Marion are all pretty much worthless..  ;D

i agree with ricepig.. i guess MH is gonna automatically beat jax and jonesboro?

thegotoguy_bomberman

It's going be a good year for MH.. Stongest team they've had in a while!

ricepig

Well, I will agree with that, I still think the top four will give each other some trouble.

thegotoguy_bomberman

That is true.. Very tough confrence! And anybody can beat anybody in baseball. We will just have to see how it goes.

ricepig

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on April 04, 2010, 06:01:59 pm
That is true.. Very tough confrence! And anybody can beat anybody in baseball. We will just have to see how it goes.

Well, I'm not sure about the bottom four, but I think there will be some splits in the top four.

fastdrop

The teams with the best pitching and defense will be there at the end. Small ball wins the big games in the end.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas