• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A East Conference Baseball 2010

Started by Pitch DR, February 09, 2010, 01:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

thegotoguy_bomberman

Anymore info on the second game?

Shortstop

Searcy and Jax split 5-4 Jax and 4-3 Searcy.

powerlifter90

Both teams played great both games

Pitch DR

That was one of the more exciting doubleheaders I've been a part of.  Hard fought on both sides.  Either side could have won either game.  Lots of strong pitching, lots of battling at the plate, big plays in the field for both sides.  Lots of intensity.  Great baseball, folks. 

The East is going to be pretty tough to face come the end of next week. 

Regardless of the outcome of other games, that win for us tonight solidifies the 5 seed for Marion.  Mt. Home must sweep JHS tomorrow night for the conference title and the 1 seed.  A split means a co-championship and a 1 seed for Jax.  Jonesboro must sweep to take the 3 seed.  Otherwise, JHS is a 4 seed, and we take the 3 seed. 

bbdevil

fastdrop

bbdevil

I would hope so....

Yeah I know but....it ain't over till....glad to get that double  behind us...

fastdrop

Upset the third seed of the south....I would love it.

ricepig

Jonesboro wins first game 7-6 with walk off single in the bottom of the 7th. Jonesboro had a 6-1 lead after 3, but MH battled back and scored 2 in the top of the 7th to tie it.

fastdrop

The gotoguy better listen to FD....LOL

powerlifter90

I don't know what happened in the second JHS-MH game but I do know Jax is the #1 seed.

ricepig

ricepig

The East's six seeds are:

1. Jax
2. MH
3. Searcy
4. J'boro
5. Marion
6. WM

thegotoguy_bomberman

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2010, 11:47:07 pm
The East's six seeds are:

1. Jax
2. MH
3. Searcy
4. J'boro
5. Marion
6. WM
Never in my wildest dreams did I see this finish.

In one and done Tourneys you never know how the state play-offs will turn out....for the kids that play competitive ball this tourney is very similar to a weekend tournament. Get decent pitching, play great defense, and a key hit every now and then and anything can happen.

keepyourfocus

Quote from: keepyourfocus on February 12, 2010, 05:23:41 pm
Searcy should be the overwhelming favorite. Jonesboro is always competitive. I know Mountain Home returns most of their starters. Jacksonville will be the suprise team. They lost their #1 and #2 pitchers but return a lot of offense. This could be one of their best offensive/defensive teams they have had in some time. The pitching will be the question mark.

I think it should be a very entertaining season.

No body mentioned Jax early.... 2nd place finish last year, 1st place finish this year, and they are only losing 1- starter next year.

It took the last two weeks of the season but it did get interesting and entertaining. The Jax/Mt Home and the Jax/Searcy series were two of the best I have seen in a while. There is not a whole lot of difference in the top three. Should be an exciting state tournament.   

powerlifter90

If Jax had Swaggerty pitchin this year they would be the hands down favorite to win state.

ricepig

You've got to win more than one game to get to Baum, and if Jax has a weakness, it's pitching.

keepyourfocus

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2010, 11:04:13 am
You've got to win more than one game to get to Baum, and if Jax has a weakness, it's pitching.

I agree.

Pitch DR

The only early questions I had about Jax was the pitching, but those young guys have held their own this year.  The first round bye will def. help their staff.

Looks like Jax, Searcy, and Marion will be on one side of the bracket, and MH, Jones, and WM will be on the other.  Still a lot up in the air for the South's standings with tomorrow night's games and a couple make-ups Mon. night. 

keepyourfocus

I will say this about the teams from the south, they are all scrappy and play great defense. The pitching staffs are deep, no overpowering ace, but solid pitching... they will be tough to beat.

ricepig

That's why I put the "if", their pitchers aren't dominating,  but do a good job of keeping them in games. As FD said, next weekend will depend as much on defense and timely hitting, as dominating pitching.

jaxdevil10

That weak pitching was enough to sweep you in two games. That weak pitching also was enough to beat a kid that will soon get a large signing bonus at the next level. And it was also enough to earn a one seed in the state tournament. I don't know if i would call it "weak"----young and talented may be a better phrase.

ricepig

Do they not teach reading comprehension at Jax? If you will re-read the statement, it said "if" they have a weakness, understand now?

keepyourfocus

May 06, 2010, 02:29:03 pm #275 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:37:05 pm by keepyourfocus
Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2010, 01:05:35 pm
Do they not teach reading comprehension at Jax? If you will re-read the statement, it said "if" they have a weakness, understand now?

I think your assesments are accurate... I was talking about the teams from the 6A south, not Jacksonville.

keepyourfocus

Quote from: jaxdevil10 on May 06, 2010, 12:35:23 pm
That weak pitching was enough to sweep you in two games. That weak pitching also was enough to beat a kid that will soon get a large signing bonus at the next level. And it was also enough to earn a one seed in the state tournament. I don't know if i would call it "weak"----young and talented may be a better phrase.

take a chill pill.... Jonesboro is our new best friends. Without their win last night we are a #2 seed.

Titan Spirit

This thing is wide open...it should be a lot of fun...top 3 in the east are really close I think.....and Jonesboro and Marion are not far behind...
If you come expecting an easy win you will go home...Jax the east 1 seed has lost to Benton, Sheridan, and Lake hamilton I think....

football17

I dont think Coach Burrows would be too happy if he knew one of his players was posting stuff on here, especially stuff like this, when they should be focused on the rest of the season... c'mon, use a little sense.

fastdrop

Quote from: football17 on May 07, 2010, 06:05:11 am

I dont think Coach Burrows would be too happy if he knew one of his players was posting stuff on here, especially stuff like this, when they should be focused on the rest of the season... c'mon, use a little sense.
That player....LOL

played a few years ago....like 4 to 6 years.

Pitch DR

I doubt Jax used their better pitching much, if any, in those losses to South teams, though.  Hard to gauge those losses.  The South seems pretty solid top to bottom--and pretty even.  Just recently, Texarkana (currently #6) beat Lake Hamilton (currently #1) 3-0.  But while all the South teams may be solid across the board in all areas, I don't know if any of those teams have the offensive skills of a Jax or the pitching of a Mt. Home or Searcy.  We'll see.  Should be an interesting tournament. 

Benton obviously has a nice field for Field 1, but how's the Legion field for Field 2?  Got to be better than the field we had to play on twice last year. 

ricepig

Now, doc, you didn't like playing on a Babe Ruth field? I'm not sure which was worse, the field size or the field conditions. It surely will be better than that.

As far as East vs South, LH beat Marion in the XI and lost to Jonesboro. In a one and done atmosphere, it will come down to making plays, like it always does. I'm looking forward to watching the match ups.

keepyourfocus

Quote from: fastdrop on May 07, 2010, 06:37:18 am
Quote from: football17 on May 07, 2010, 06:05:11 am

That player....LOL

played a few years ago....like 4 to 6 years.

He's not a player.

That's what I like about this team, they just play baseball. They don't talk alot or spend time on message boards.

jaxdevil10

I think its you struggling with comprehension. "If" usually leads to questions and I think their pitching throughout the season--which is where questions are answered has been effective enough to not be questioned at this point in the season.  If you still have questions after watching them perform this year, maybe you have not been watching close enough.....

keepyourfocus

Quote from: Titan Spirit on May 07, 2010, 01:37:02 am
This thing is wide open...it should be a lot of fun...top 3 in the east are really close I think.....and Jonesboro and Marion are not far behind...
If you come expecting an easy win you will go home...Jax the east 1 seed has lost to Benton, Sheridan, and Lake hamilton I think....

In both the Sheridan and Lake Hamilton games Jacksonville had comfortable leads and decided to work on pitching depth... Lost big leads but came back in both and almost won.

Benton just beat them. Played better start to finish.

After seeing the teams from the South I will say they are solid on defense and do seem to have more pitching depth. Their #3 and #4 guys are pretty good.

ricepig

Quote from: jaxdevil10 on May 07, 2010, 09:03:46 am
I think its you struggling with comprehension. "If" usually leads to questions and I think their pitching throughout the season--which is where questions are answered has been effective enough to not be questioned at this point in the season.  If you still have questions after watching them perform this year, maybe you have not been watching close enough.....

So, if you had an area of concern heading into the tournament, would it be your pitching, hitting, or fielding?

keepyourfocus

Quote from: ricepig on May 07, 2010, 09:20:08 am

So, if you had an area of concern heading into the tournament, would it be your pitching, hitting, or fielding?

Ricepig..ignore him. I think I know this kid and he is mentally challenged.

jaxdevil10

All three are a concern. "If" you don't do one of any of those in games against good teams you get beat. Thats the point I am trying to make. Its not logical to say pitching could be their weakness when errors, leaving runners on base or a poor pitching performance can get you beat any day of the week.

ricepig

Quote from: keepyourfocus on May 07, 2010, 09:32:37 am

Ricepig..ignore him. I think I know this kid and he is mentally challenged.

I know the feeling most of the time, haha.  Good luck in the tournament, I hope we get to play you again this year.   ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas