• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A East Conference Baseball 2010

Started by Pitch DR, February 09, 2010, 01:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The ASU beat writer for the Sun was doing one of our baseball games during the XI and he said that 76% of walks issued to the first batter in an inning in high school baseball score. I noticed that after he said that the % was closer to 100% for the games I watched. Zero walks and zero errors will keep you in most every game.

fastdrop

Walks kill you...no doubt about that. Another thing that will kill you is when the pitcher is pitching a good game and there is an error made that should of been an out. That always comes back to bite you in the tail too.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Another big one is team unity. If you Have a team who is all friends and can play together you've got something special right there.  ;D

fastdrop

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps Hall 26-0 and 13-0.

Pitch DR

Searcy sweeps Parkview 10-0 and 19-7.  I heard Jax swept Marion, but I didn't get scores.  Anything from MH/WM?

ricepig

I heard Jax/Marion scores were 5-4 and like 11-1?  Where was MH/WM played? I'm guessing WM, and they're on their way home. WM only likes to post football and basketball scores.

Otis

ricepig

MT. Home sweeps WM 11-0 and 1-0.

Conference Standings as of 4/7/10

JAX                                  6-0
JONESBORO                       6-0
MT. HOME                         6-0
SEARCY                            6-0
HALL                                0-6
MARION                            0-6
PARKVIEW                        0-6
WEST MEMPHIS                 0-6

Looks like next week, WM travels to Jonesboro, Marion goes to Searcy, Hall travels to MH, and Parkview host Jax. One more week before the fireworks?

Pitch DR

Looks like a couple games got a little close last night.  Not so sure we'll be all 8-0 or 0-8 after next week, but possibly so.  I know that's never happened before.  Then, yes, things will get fun the last three weeks of conference.  Can't wait to see how this shakes out. 

ricepig

I agree, you best not take anyone lightly, or you will find yourself with a loss. It is weird how the schedule has worked out so far.

Ballard is #1

Mtn. Home could not find any holes at all in the second game against WM and they lacked a lot of intensity. Lucky to come out with 2 wins. On the bright side, their defense was good and both pitchers threw well. The radar gun on the scoreboard had Trey Killian throwing in the low 90s topping out at 93, and Cody Woodhouse was throwing 86-88. If their hitting comes through for them, it WILL be a great year.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Not sure if the radar gun was correct... But, I think it was close. And you are right. The bombers intensity as well as their hitting was lost in that second game. Good thing it still turned out as a W.. These next few weeks are the ones I've been waiting for.. Going to be some exciting baseball!!

ricepig

We always thought the gun was 3-5 mph off.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Same here we figured it was about 3mph off.

Otis

That gun was probably picking up the wind speed. It blew hard all nite at Marion.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Uhm... I don't think the wind was blowing 93mph...

jaxdevil10

keepyourfocus

Pitch DR

ATT

April 09, 2010, 11:22:38 pm #120 Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:24:39 pm by ATT
All due respect to Jax in their 7-1 win over Catholic but Catholic only played 4 of their starters and threw several sophomore pitchers.

In fairness to Jax they may have done something similar as I am unfamiliar with their personnel.

devilsman

Jacksonville's starter pitcher made his first varsity start at pitching. He had only come in relief this season otherwise.

ricepig

Otis

Nick Rodriguez and he had been pitchin jv before that game..

ricepig

Ok, I was thinking conference games, and you were talking about the Catholic game.

fastdrop

WM 12 -3
WM 10 -0

Takes 2 from Jonesboro ...... =)

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on April 10, 2010, 11:27:42 pm
WM 12 -3
WM 10 -0

You making predictions, or suffering from a bad case of jet lag from China? You know, some people will see it and believe it. I believe anything can happen, I expect to get WM's best shot Tuesday.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2010, 11:53:21 am
WM 12 -3
WM 10 -0

You making predictions, or suffering from a bad case of jet lag from China? You know, some people will see it and believe it. I believe anything can happen, I expect to get WM's best shot Tuesday.
They were both Mercy rules...LOL

Actually, I figure the scores might be correct if you know what I mean.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on April 11, 2010, 12:32:26 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2010, 11:53:21 am
WM 12 -3
WM 10 -0

They were both Mercy rules...LOL

Actually, I figure the scores might be correct if you know what I mean.

Well, I've seen all of our games, and if we are not mentally ready to play, then anything can happen. We are young, as far as conference experience goes, with this bunch.

devilsman

I just got a call saying that Marion swept Searcy

ricepig

Quote from: devilsman on April 12, 2010, 09:33:12 pm
I just got a call saying that Marion swept Searcy

Say what? I'd have to have more proof.

jaxdevil10

its true, i was at the games and goes to show anybody can beat anybody..
the scores were 7-6 and 4-2..marion won both. thats how crazy the game of baseball is!

Ballard is #1

Looks like Mtn. Home, Jonesboro, and Jacksonville are fighting for first now.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Wow... Never woulda guessed that would happen.. Just goes to show you how unpredictable baseball can be! Did searcy have an off night or did Marion just do that good?

ricepig

Wow, I agree, I thought Marion hit the ball very well in their games against Jonesboro. I look forward to see what happens tomorrow and the weeks to come.

jaxdevil10

i think searcy just an off night like any other team will have.. but i tip my hat off to marion, they beat a good searcy baseball team..

Pitch DR

Call it an off night if you like, but the bottom line is that Marion did a better job than we did tonight executing in key situations.  We didn't make all the necessary adjustments, and we paid dearly for it.  Props to Coach Hurley and his players. 

Now while that may leave three unbeatens momentarily, I don't think I'd count Searcy out of the fight for first just yet.  I have a feeling this is the start of a very wild month in the 6A East. 

Otis

Quote from: Pitch DR on April 12, 2010, 11:34:30 pm<br />Call it an off night if you like, but the bottom line is that Marion did a better job than we did tonight executing in key situations.  We didn't make all the necessary adjustments, and we paid dearly for it.  Props to Coach Hurley and his players.  <br /><br />Now while that may leave three unbeatens momentarily, I don't think I'd count Searcy out of the fight for first just yet.  I have a feeling this is the start of a very wild month in the 6A East.  <br />
Marion is a very scrappy team and they get better each week. I agree Searcy is still very much in the fight. The Lion may have been woke up tonight.

fastdrop

Marion sweeps Searcy............now that is what I am talking about.

Now the season is getting interesting...

This sweep puts the pressure on Searcy for sure if they want to win the east and the rest of the teams that have not won any games that want to go to the play-offs.

ricepig

Jonesboro sweeps WM 15-5 and 18-4.

fastdrop

You post things like that ricepig and people might believe it...

ricepig

The first game was closer than the score, if you can believe that,the second game wasn't.

fastdrop

When does Jonesbor play MH, Searcy, Jax? I would figure that ya'll get to see what you are made of in the next few weeks.

jaxdevil10

Jax sweeps parkview 12-0 and 17-2

ricepig

April 13, 2010, 10:18:05 pm #144 Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:55:11 pm by ricepig
Quote from: fastdrop on April 13, 2010, 09:31:41 pm
When does Jonesbor play MH, Searcy, Jax? I would figure that ya'll get to see what you are made of in the next few weeks.

Jonesboro is at Jax next Monday,  at Searcy on the 27th, and hosts MH on Wed. the 5th of May.

ricepig

April 14, 2010, 07:13:32 am #145 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:15:23 am by ricepig
Standings as of 4/14/10

Jacksonville             8-0
Jonesboro               8-0
Mt. Home                8-0
Searcy                   6-2
Marion                   2-6
Hall                       0-8
Parkview                0-8
West Memphis         0-8

Schedule for next week
4/19
Jonesboro @ Jax
Hall @ Marion
WM @ Parkview
4/21
MH @ Searcy     

silvers

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2010, 07:13:32 am
Standings as of 4/14/10

Jacksonville             8-0
Jonesboro               8-0
Searcy                   6-2
Marion                   2-6
Hall                       0-8
West Memphis         0-8 

Is this a case of your have's and your have not's?

ricepig

Quote from: silvers on April 14, 2010, 03:26:12 pm
Standings as of 4/14/10

Jacksonville             8-0
Jonesboro               8-0
Searcy                   6-2
Marion                   2-6
Hall                       0-8
West Memphis         0-8 

Well, there are a couple of teams that are struggling, but I suspect in three weeks the standings will show a few more losses for some teams. If the schedule had been different, it might look a whole lot different.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2010, 09:26:35 pm
Quote from: silvers on April 14, 2010, 03:26:12 pm
Standings as of 4/14/10

Jacksonville             8-0
Jonesboro               8-0
Searcy                   6-2
Marion                   2-6
Hall                       0-8
West Memphis         0-8 

Well, there are a couple of teams that are struggling, but I suspect in three weeks the standings will show a few more losses for some teams. If the schedule had been different, it might look a whole lot different.
I always thought a couple meant 2....The jury is still out on Marion.

ricepig

I knew I should have put a couple or three, I think Marion will be fine. In fact, I expect them to finish 8-6. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas