• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside Mavericks

Started by Razorback Red, July 05, 2017, 04:46:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Year 2 of the new mascot, can they get back to being the Southside of old?

Harber
at Greenwood
Heritage
at Conway
at Cabot
NLR
at Bryant
LR Catholic
at LR Central
Northside

Not an easy schedule, especially the 3-game stretch in the middle.  SS could gain so momentum starting 1-1 with a win at Greenwood, been awhile since they've beat the Bulldogs. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Razorback Red on July 05, 2017, 04:46:53 pm
Year 2 of the new mascot, can they get back to being the Southside of old?

Harber
at Greenwood
Heritage
at Conway
at Cabot
NLR
at Bryant
LR Catholic
at LR Central
Northside

Not an easy schedule, especially the 3-game stretch in the middle.  SS could gain so momentum starting 1-1 with a win at Greenwood, been awhile since they've beat the Bulldogs.
Any idea who's playing QB?

Rob Van Winkle

Baitshop

The real question is, who will play quarterback if Gatewood is injured?

fullfan

Hearing the back up at QB might be Colton McBride - move in from Oklahoma.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Razorback Red on July 05, 2017, 04:46:53 pm

SS could gain so momentum starting 1-1 with a win at Greenwood, been awhile since they've beat the Bulldogs. 

GW has won the last 5 in a row. 

SS better come up with some offensive weapons to keep pace or another defense like their 2014 version, otherwise GW is loaded on offense with Noland at QB, Wood at RB, and a contingent of good receivers all back with experience. Might be the tallest group of receivers they have had as a whole since 2012.

I watched Noland throw routes to Drew Morgan yesterday at the field and Noland looked sharp, as did Morgan.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 18, 2017, 11:19:39 am
GW has won the last 5 in a row. 

SS better come up with some offensive weapons to keep pace or another defense like their 2014 version, otherwise GW is loaded on offense with Noland at QB, Wood at RB, and a contingent of good receivers all back with experience. Might be the tallest group of receivers they have had as a whole since 2012.

I watched Noland throw routes to Drew Morgan yesterday at the field and Noland looked sharp, as did Morgan.

I agree and I think GW wins the game over SS.  My point is SS has a better chance to get the W against GW than against Harber.  If not, they'll be 0-2. 

Okieback

Where is Mcbride from? And what about the tb that moved in from Oklahoma , 1400 yard back is the word.

7AFBFAN

I hear RB from OK is very strong in the weight room. Gatewood is very stout. I saw the backup QB the other day he looked tall and athletic. Should be a good backfield. I hear the defense will be much improved this year. Ready for football.

Pr8hd

July 27, 2017, 10:16:15 am #9 Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:39:29 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: Razorback Red on July 18, 2017, 08:11:19 pm
I agree and I think GW wins the game over SS.  My point is SS has a better chance to get the W against GW than against Harber.  If not, they'll be 0-2. 

+1 RR thanks for analysis and explanation. 

I still can't get used to calling SS the "Mavericks" and to me they will always be  the "Rebs". No matter how many things they change, they can't wipe out history. 

I know SS lost a good coach/man in Coach Peoples. Well respected and well deserved retirement. Also, kudos to Coach Williams for all his offers of pray and support to GW's Coach Sims the past few months.  As far as the team or players, I have no idea what they will have or to expect, but I imagine they are ready to get last years results out of their head.

Baitshop

I know that Coach Williams and Coach Sims were teammates and I believe that they may have been roommates in college. Congrats to coach Sims, it sounds as though he may be a walking miracle.

fullfan

Quote from: Okieback on July 24, 2017, 09:38:30 am
Where is Mcbride from? And what about the tb that moved in from Oklahoma , 1400 yard back is the word.
RB is a senior from Poteau.  QB will be junior and is from FS/Arkoma area.

Grizzlyfan

Southside middle linebacker Davenport out with ACL injury?

7AFBFAN

Yep. Sad for him. Lost kids from Poteau as well. Still should have much improved offense. More speed than I can remember.

Rob Van Winkle

Is he out for the year or is it just sprained? Either way hate it for the kid. Already getting lots of recognition so hopefully he will heal quickly.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 29, 2017, 01:48:43 pm
Yep. Sad for him. Lost kids from Poteau as well. Still should have much improved offense. More speed than I can remember.
I'm sorry, what about the kid from Poteau?

7AFBFAN

Thanks bro. The kids from Poteau moved so are no longer on team.

fullfan

What happened with the Poteau kids?  The commute?

7AFBFAN

I heard they had to move. I assume they were living in Fort Smith. I don't know what the rules are for that.

HarBer Dad

HB without two starting OL (one for the season).  Game could be a low scoring affair. 

Hornet4ever

7AFBFAN

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 31, 2017, 02:07:10 pm
HB without two starting OL (one for the season).  Game could be a low scoring affair.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be a good game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas