• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fact: Maumelle is still Wynne's toughest opponent this season

Started by Chief_Osceola™, November 19, 2016, 12:14:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

November 19, 2016, 12:14:43 am Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:22:35 am by Chief_Osceola™
The numbers don't lie. We held them to their lowest point total of the season and it was their smallest margin of victory.

Edit: 2nd lowest point total by 2 points. Our game was closer though so the point still stands.

UncleRico

Stop reaching... Maumelle plays Wynne 5 times and goes 0-5 this year. Nice try

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: UncleRico on November 19, 2016, 02:15:21 am
Stop reaching... Maumelle plays Wynne 5 times and goes 0-5 this year. Nice try

We could play them 10 times and lose all 10, but that neither addresses nor refutes anything I said.

MDXPHD

Wynne was up 21-0 in the first on maumelle weren't they?

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2016, 12:14:43 am
The numbers don't lie. We held them to their lowest point total of the season and it was their smallest margin of victory.

Edit: 2nd lowest point total by 2 points. Our game was closer though so the point still stands.

unfortunately, it didn't translate into many wins for Maumelle over the course of the season although Maumelle had a lot of close games

Deuceswild

Didnt Maumelle have players that were old enough to buy beer after the game? Or was that a different game?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2016, 06:47:43 am
Wynne was up 21-0 in the first on maumelle weren't they?

I don't think it was ever more than a 1-2 score difference.

Quote from: Overdahill on November 19, 2016, 07:01:10 am
unfortunately, it didn't translate into many wins for Maumelle over the course of the season although Maumelle had a lot of close games

I think the aftermath of the LR Mills game the week after had an impact on the rest of the season.

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 19, 2016, 10:02:58 am
Didnt Maumelle have players that were old enough to buy beer after the game? Or was that a different game?

That was Mills, but down here 19 year olds can't buy beer. It's not like up in Harrison where you can just cook up a batch of shine on Saturdays.

AirWarren

Cooking up a batch of shine with the wife...I mean sister.

Go Postal

You guys are hilarious.  Everyone knows that shine is down in Newton county not Boone. It's brewed in the middle of their "medicinal" crops.  ;) ;D
Congratulations to Maumelle!

AirWarren

Quote from: Go Postal on November 19, 2016, 11:39:18 am
You guys are hilarious.  Everyone knows that shine is down in Newton county not Boone. It's brewed in the middle of their "medicinal" crops.  ;) ;D

Ha!!!!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on November 19, 2016, 11:39:18 am

I thought they only grew their medicine. I didn't know they cooked up their own cough syrup too.

The Future

It all depends on which stat you look at and how you wanna word it.
Stat: Maumelle played Wynne the closest, therefore was Wynne's toughest opponent.

Stat: Maumelle couldn't get past Morrilton and lost by almost the exact same score Wynne beat Morrilton by. Wynne>Morrilton>Maumelle. Therefore Morrilton was a tougher opponent than Maumelle.

Stat: Blytheville scored more on Wynne than any other team. Therefore Blytheville was their toughest opponent.

Giving the numbers and stats yes are fact. But putting the statement "this made x team their toughest opponent" makes it opinion.

Fact: When its all said and done, the only thing anyone will care about is who won and who lost.

Edit: I'm sure who Wynne's toughest opponent was of the season will be answered when the meet Pulaski Academy in a couple weeks lol

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: The Future on November 19, 2016, 12:13:03 pm
It all depends on which stat you look at and how you wanna word it.
Stat: Maumelle played Wynne the closest, therefore was Wynne's toughest opponent.

Stat: Maumelle couldn't get past Morrilton and lost by almost the exact same score Wynne beat Morrilton by. Wynne>Morrilton>Maumelle. Therefore Morrilton was a tougher opponent than Maumelle.

Stat: Blytheville scored more on Wynne than any other team. Therefore Blytheville was their toughest opponent.

Giving the numbers and stats yes are fact. But putting the statement "this made x team their toughest opponent" makes it opinion.

Fact: When its all said and done, the only thing anyone will care about is who won and who lost.

Edit: I'm sure who Wynne's toughest opponent was of the season will be answered when the meet Pulaski Academy in a couple weeks lol

The second 'stat' is the transitive property, which does not apply to athletics.

The third stat bolsters my position. That same game saw Blytheville give up 57 points and lose by 22.

UncleRico

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2016, 02:47:49 am
We could play them 10 times and lose all 10, but that neither addresses nor refutes anything I said.
I understand moral victories... but making a thread to brag about a 17 point lose, 9 weeks after it happen...

Just wait a few more weeks and talk about the amazing off-season ya'll are having, like the rest of us who's teams didn't do jack this year.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: UncleRico on November 20, 2016, 12:30:57 am
I understand moral victories... but making a thread to brag about a 17 point lose, 9 weeks after it happen...

Just wait a few more weeks and talk about the amazing off-season ya'll are having, like the rest of us who's teams didn't do jack this year.

I'm not talking moral victories. That's not the point either.

And I don't care about the offseason. We're in basketball season now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas