• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Pioneers at Pulaski Academy Bruins --- Semifinals!!!

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 09:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Thoughts and predictions. And friendly banter.

PA has a lot of offense and a pretty good defense. Not surprised that these are the two teams coming out of this half of the bracket. I think PA has an advantage at home (that awful wall that you guys use to your advantage). Batesville has been playing well and with a lot of confidence. I think Batesville can keep it close for a bit. If Batesville gets the onside kicks and controls the clocks, they will be in it at the end. Could be an interesting game.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 09:50:04 pm(that awful wall that you guys use to your advantage).

we didn't even get to take bets on when this would come up

Rocket23

Grond

Man, seemed like a lot of injuries on the Batesville defense.

The_Pioneer

PA by infinity.  They are unbeatable.  When they play Wynne, another unbeatable team, the universe will simply collapse upon itself.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 18, 2016, 10:01:11 pm
PA by infinity.  They are unbeatable.  When they play Wynne, another unbeatable team, the universe will simply collapse upon itself.

[insert watson chapel fan saying wynne won't beat them here]

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 09:50:04 pm
Thoughts and predictions. And friendly banter.

PA has a lot of offense and a pretty good defense. Not surprised that these are the two teams coming out of this half of the bracket. I think PA has an advantage at home (that awful wall that you guys use to your advantage). Batesville has been playing well and with a lot of confidence. I think Batesville can keep it close for a bit. If Batesville gets the onside kicks and controls the clocks, they will be in it at the end. Could be an interesting game.

I predict it will be more interesting than this week's PA game and less interesting than this week's Batesville game  ;D

TNT_15

Quote from: Overdahill on November 18, 2016, 10:02:13 pm
I predict it will be more interesting than this week's PA game and less interesting than this week's Batesville game  ;D
Hey if batesville brings their own refs like they did this week they might hang in there!

MDXPHD

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 18, 2016, 10:04:00 pm
Hey if batesville brings their own refs like they did this week they might hang in there!

The_Pioneer will address all Batesville reffing questions.

Overdahill

PA Dad

We've already offered the refs a vacation on a booster's private jet.  Batesville will have to up the ante.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 10:09:36 pm
We've already offered the refs a vacation on a booster's private jet.  Batesville will have to up the ante.

Air Fudd One

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 10:09:36 pm

If PA is allowed to bid, then we can't bid with them! I thought PA was only allowed to buy players and not refs!

PA Dad

I expect a typical slugfest.  If my memory is correct, PA and Batesville split their last two games.

Maybe the wall will give us the advantage we need!

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:13:44 pm
If PA is allowed to bid, then we can't bid with them! I thought PA was only allowed to buy players and not refs!

They bought lance Taylor years ago

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:13:44 pm

We've learned from Batesville's example.  They could never have beaten WC last year if the refs hadn't been bought!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 18, 2016, 10:04:00 pm

You do realize the AAA makes all officiating assignments in the playoffs, right?  The schools nor assignors have anything to do with it after week 10.

The_Pioneer

That's only true if your school is insigificant.  For those that are 5A royalty, we get to pick the crew that works our game.

brown2010

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 19, 2016, 07:59:00 am
That's only true if your school is insigificant.  For those that are 5A royalty, we get to pick the crew that works our game.

Them hill folk are a tight bunch. Hard nut to crack. They know a guy that knows a guy.

Yellowcake

Deuceswild

You boys are silly but I did see a lot of players go down in last nights game so I will wait for the official injury report from ESPN or whoever sponsors PA nowadays? Batesville is Legit  if they are healthy but PA is still PA. Havent lost in Arkansas in 2 + years? Gut says PA... Heart says Batesville. Might even have to travel for this one. If anyone has any insight on the injuries please share. My current prediction- The team that eats the most Turkey loses!!!!

TNT_15

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 18, 2016, 11:20:31 pm
You do realize the AAA makes all officiating assignments in the playoffs, right?  The schools nor assignors have anything to do with it after week 10.
Its a joke chill. I was just observing that Bateville got some favorable calls and spots. Nothing more nothing less. They played great and with some help got the win. Best of luck next round

AIREDALE25

PA-38
Batesville- 31

PA vs Wynne in the Rock on December 3rd

RyanLR

It looks like the one team that beat PA has won the Utah State Championship with an undefeated record.

justalionfan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2016, 11:09:02 am
It looks like the one team that beat PA has won the Utah State Championship with an undefeated record.
And the other team will be the Arkansas State Champion with and unfeated record.

Deuceswild

The Future

Yes there's been a few times PA has been picked to win but wasn't able to follow through. One of those times was at the hands of none other than Batesville several years ago. Don't see history repeating itself tonight though.

PA by 21

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 19, 2016, 09:48:27 am
You boys are silly but I did see a lot of players go down in last nights game so I will wait for the official injury report from ESPN or whoever sponsors PA nowadays? Batesville is Legit  if they are healthy but PA is still PA. Havent lost in Arkansas in 2 + years? Gut says PA... Heart says Batesville. Might even have to travel for this one. If anyone has any insight on the injuries please share. My current prediction- The team that eats the most Turkey loses!!!!

There were no injuries in the PA game.

Maynard G Krebs

walkingguy72396

PA Dad

I've seen parts of a couple of Batesville games on live stream including most of the second half of the LRCA game.  Batesville is always, without exception, well coached and fundamentally sound.  This year's team is no exception.  They will be a tough out for PA.

But Batesville struggled against the passing attack of LRCA.  I don't mean to brag, but PA's passing attack is much more formidable than LRCA's.  I think Batesville will need 2 or 3 turnovers by PA to win this game.

I'll pick PA by 14.

If Batesville wins, I like my crow with lots of hot sauce.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 19, 2016, 11:09:57 pm
I've seen parts of a couple of Batesville games on live stream including most of the second half of the LRCA game.  Batesville is always, without exception, well coached and fundamentally sound.  This year's team is no exception.  They will be a tough out for PA.

But Batesville struggled against the passing attack of LRCA.  I don't mean to brag, but PA's passing attack is much more formidable than LRCA's.  I think Batesville will need 2 or 3 turnovers by PA to win this game.

I'll pick PA by 14.

If Batesville wins, I like my crow with lots of hot sauce.

Batesville has a better offense than they typically do. Giving them the short field on kickoffs may make this a shootout. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of points on the board. If Batesville recovers the onside kicks and doesn't turn the ball over, they will hang tight for a bit.looking forward to the game.  Two very well coached teams with experience.

I think PA being at home gives them the edge. I'm not sure I trust their chain gang though. I'm gonna have to watch those guys.

FD4

Of course it really means nothing but based on PA's struggle against LRM, perhaps a public school can beat them. We were barely able to hold LRM to 90 yards total offense and 0 points offensively, and I mean that in a respectful way. LRM has some very good talent especially #71. That guy is a beast.

Batesville is way better than the score vs us indicates. The Neers have a good chance this go round, and I truly hope coach King is in WM, not CK.

Yellowcake

Plenty of  public schools have beat PA over the years. What's that got to do with anything?

I heard this "new breed" held Pierre Strong to no rushing yards. That's impressive. I wonder what would have happened had he played? If he did play, I wonder how he would have done without a broken collarbone.

And I say this with all due respect, and bowed down on my knees, all in acknowledgement to Wynne superiority.

walkingguy72396

It was really smart of PA to have to close games and a loss this year.  So the rest of 5A thinks they have a chance.

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 20, 2016, 08:46:57 am
It was really smart of PA to have to close games and a loss this year.  So the rest of 5A thinks they have a chance.

You figured it out!

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 20, 2016, 08:46:57 am

I think its working since now Wynne is the clear favorite ;D I'd be very happy with another close win this week!

JacketDad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 20, 2016, 08:42:54 am
Plenty of  public schools have beat PA over the years. What's that got to do with anything?

I heard this "new breed" held Pierre Strong to no rushing yards. That's impressive. I wonder what would have happened had he played? If he did play, I wonder how he would have done without a broken collarbone.

And I say this with all due respect, and bowed down on my knees, all in acknowledgement to Wynne superiority.
Maybe, just maybe, they might have broken the 100 yard mark had Strong played.  Had it not been for a fumble "scoop and score" the Jackets would have mercy ruled a round 2 opponent that you guys barely beat.  I am NOT saying we will beat you guys (if we are fortunate enough to get to play each other) but it would be a very entertaining game.  Your type of offense gives us trouble and our type of offense has been a problem for your team. I hope for an all East final but we will be happy to play anyone at WMS if we get the opportunity..

Overdahill

^^^ assuming both teams survive this week if the game is anything like the 43-42 game from  while back it will be a classic. My fingernails still haven't grown back from that one

Red Devil Alum

I know this, batesville will try to run through a brick wall to beat you.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 20, 2016, 01:21:25 pm
I know this, batesville will try to run through a brick wall to beat you.

Hey, making fun of what could have been a very serious injury for a kid who has the rest of his life in front of him because of your poor facility design is awesome. You're a winner.

JacketDad

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 20, 2016, 05:21:15 pm
PA by 28
Won't happen!!!  Batesville is good enough to keep it close and by keeping it close has a chance to pull off the upset.  Still I think it will be a 10 point game either way.

Hoghead2

PA 49
Batesville 14
PA will jump out to a big lead and Batesville won't recover. In the name of sportsmanship PA will not throw a pass in th 4th quarter.

walkingguy72396

Batesville is going to need a 3 score lead some time in the second half to have a sporting chance.

MDXPHD

Hoghead2

sportsguy80

Pioneerman68

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas