• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma Vs. Watson Chapel

Started by AIREDALE25, November 11, 2016, 10:17:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsguy80

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2016, 11:45:48 am
Big loss on defense it seems, but offense they are loaded and he isn't one of their primary playmakers.
I think LRM is loaded on offense as well but Strong plays a big part.

P.F.G.

I've heard about a really good SS that plays all over the field for WC. Anyone have any details or if he is being recruited?

MDXPHD

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 16, 2016, 01:03:49 pm
I think LRM is loaded on offense as well but Strong plays a big part.

I don't think people understand how good Wynne's running backs are. They are big, strong, fast and their line opens up the lanes. Teams don't realize it until they play them. They execute and are just very hard to slow down. McClellan may have the athletes to do it, but I doubt it.

FanOfAllTime

Personally, I think Wynne will win it all.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2016, 01:38:12 pm
I don't think people understand how good Wynne's running backs are. They are big, strong, fast and their line opens up the lanes. Teams don't realize it until they play them. They execute and are just very hard to slow down. McClellan may have the athletes to do it, but I doubt it.

We need to fix Wynne up with East Salt Lake City, Utah; they had some athletes on that defense ;)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 16, 2016, 02:43:28 pm
We need to fix Wynne up with East Salt Lake City, Utah; they had some athletes on that defense ;)

Those offenses are similar too! I think East might run away with that one lol.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 13, 2016, 04:46:12 pm
Alma by 3 scores

After you have blamed refs, said Alma has too many posters and Now, you are picking the Airedales by 3 scores???     

P.F.G.

AT

We don't, but what we don't have in quantity, we make up for in Steve Perry.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 16, 2016, 07:26:26 pm
We don't, but what we don't have in quantity, we make up for in Steve Perry.
+10000 :)

I hear the seating at the game Friday night will rival that of years past.  Maybe set a new record for attendance for a playoff game?? 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 16, 2016, 06:57:51 pm
Alma has too many posters?

This is one of his post....

Quote from: Deuceswild on October 30, 2016, 10:00:56 am

6.Alma-so many Alma posters here, u just aren't as good as you want to be. Playoffs will prove that. If it wasn't for all your blockers holding on every play, u wouldn't even be here. Good game plan, can only call so many penalties

AT

I've heard there's a push to get attendance up and rocking this week, but I don't see any attendance records being broken.

Watson Chapel isn't a familiar name for the local, moderate fan. Plus, it's a quarterfinal game, not a semi final game.

I hope it's packed, though.

PrivateLesson

I'm sure it will be rocking.  I miss the game day music thread dedications.  Those were classic!:)

Alma will end up with the Win.

Absolut

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 16, 2016, 01:36:02 pm
I've heard about a really good SS that plays all over the field for WC. Anyone have any details or if he is being recruited?

Senior Michael Williams leads the State of Arkansas in tackles (163). Committed to ARMY. Very physical hitter, has solid coverage skills, great range at 6'3 helps him cover a lot of ground.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 16, 2016, 08:11:00 pm
I've heard there's a push to get attendance up and rocking this week, but I don't see any attendance records being broken.

Watson Chapel isn't a familiar name for the local, moderate fan. Plus, it's a quarterfinal game, not a semi final game.

I hope it's packed, though.

You also have to deal with the toll deer season may take in attendance. GW's first game in the playoffs is normally not very strong. I believe some it can be attributed to that and also, some of the fans underestimate the opponent to some degree in the quarterfinals at least they have in the past. 

P.F.G.

I've herd of some people making it a point to show up to this game to support the students after what all has happened this past week. Possible last home game of the year so people will show up.

Pr8hd

November 17, 2016, 10:43:11 am #66 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:20:57 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: P.F.G. on November 17, 2016, 10:12:00 am
I've herd of some people making it a point to show up to this game to support the students after what all has happened this past week. Possible last home game of the year so people will show up.

I can see a case for both those two things mentioned to spike attendance.  I think Alma wins this one and gets a chance at redemption for the 2004 game against Wynne.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Absolut on November 16, 2016, 09:39:48 pm
Senior Michael Williams leads the State of Arkansas in tackles (163). Committed to ARMY. Very physical hitter, has solid coverage skills, great range at 6'3 helps him cover a lot of ground.

That will be an interesting matchup. Him colliding with our 230-40 lb QB. It will be hard for him to cover. Do you take the the QB on the RPO or cover our receiver 1000 yard receiver Brayden Johnson? He will need some run support. Have a feeling Williams will be doing a lot of running on defense.

If the defensive ends don't contain it will be a long game for The Chapel.

WPWells

Steve, your buddy frederick lee is back on the 3A basketball board

AT

Interestingly enough for Watson Chapel, they just faced a QB a lot like Noah, although Sylvan Hill's QB was banged up in the 2nd half.

SH and Alma are similar teams.

P.F.G.

Quote from: Fred Bird on November 17, 2016, 11:46:38 am

Dear God.

Rick Swines

Alma 55
Watson Chapel 21

Next Week
Wynne 55
Alma 21

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Fred Bird on November 17, 2016, 11:46:38 am

ya don't say.............be right back

PrivateLesson

Steve Perry 2.11

Ok. That was easy. I went and extended my warm hospitality to him.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2016, 11:54:40 am
Interestingly enough for Watson Chapel, they just faced a QB a lot like Noah, although Sylvan Hill's QB was banged up in the 2nd half.

SH and Alma are similar teams.

I read were Noah Dotson and Brayden Johnson both broke school records for Alma.  Amazing talent on this Airedale team for ya'll.   

P.F.G.

November 17, 2016, 03:00:23 pm #76 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:13:54 pm by P.F.G.
It's been fun watching Noah for three years. Johnson still has another year but he will be fun to watch next year. Hope we get a couple more weeks with both of them this year.

sportsguy80

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 17, 2016, 03:00:23 pm
It's been fun watching Noah for three years. Johnson still has another year but he will be fun to watch next year. Hope we get a couple more weeks with both of them this year.
Does Noah have any offers or playing on the next level?

AT

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 17, 2016, 05:26:31 pm
Does Noah have any offers or playing on the next level?

Monticello has offered him and one other school, but I don't know the other school. I personally think his growth this season deserves higher praise. A lot of people don't realize how good of a passer he is. They just think he's a big fullback put in at QB.

P.F.G.

I think Eastern has offered him at LB'er.

AIREDALE25

I just went back and watched the end of the WC Sylvan game. Two things I've gathered from it.
1. There QB is a lefty which I don't think Alma's D has seen this season.
2. There pretty good under presure. Getting all the way down the field scoring and getting the XP to win wow. I'm going to say Alma by a couple

MDXPHD

November 18, 2016, 07:02:25 am #81 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:30:24 am by MDXPHD
Alma should win pretty easy. Any margin less than a couple of touchdowns is disappointing.

PrivateLesson

Any teams better in the rain???   Has any games this year even had rain? 

Pwil11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 07:02:25 am
Alma should win pretty easy. Any margin less than a couple of touchdowns is disappointing.
SH said same thing

Steve Perry 2.11

MDXPHD

They were up 21-0 and didn't finish. Alma will finish. Where is this unwarranted confidence coming from? Beating a team from the central that almost lost to lakeside? Losing to magnolia? I can't figure it out.

AT

I was told this rain and the storms are supposed to move out by game time. Is that forecast still true?

Pr8hd

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2016, 09:02:15 pm
Monticello has offered him and one other school, but I don't know the other school. I personally think his growth this season deserves higher praise. A lot of people don't realize how good of a passer he is. They just think he's a big fullback put in at QB.

I think that perception exists because of the offensive play selection since there has been a tendency to utilize him a lot on draws. The same happens with Hales at GW at times. It is easily lost they are just as capable of throwing over you as they are running over you and being hard to get down. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 08:31:28 am
They were up 21-0 and didn't finish. Alma will finish. Where is this unwarranted confidence coming from? Beating a team from the central that almost lost to lakeside? Losing to magnolia? I can't figure it out.

I can't figure out a lot of things....welcome to the club!:)

I wonder how many yards all the Alma faithful will end up having after tonight?   

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 18, 2016, 08:49:47 am
I was told this rain and the storms are supposed to move out by game time. Is that forecast still true?

Let's Hope but it's Arkansas weather so who knows!

PrivateLesson

Oh....and Steve's streaking yardage doesn't count! lol:)   I bet it's a alma record!

AT

I'll give some final thoughts before the game tonight:

I'll admit I feel confident in the Airedales winning this matchup. I think we get a good draw of a team that found a way to beat a good Sylvan Hills team and we get them at home with a QB that didn't start the year. I also hope at the same time our players aren't feeling TOO confident (confidence in itself isn't a bad thing).

I hope they aren't like me this week thinking "Can we beat Wynne?" I think it would be an easy thought to have because you feel like you got a good draw with WC.

But the Wildcats were playing very good football until that Magnolia game and although that wasn't a good loss, Magnolia turned out to be a playoff team. It also turned out WC was at the peak of their turmoil during those few weeks.

The Wildcats look to have put that turmoil behind them and are playing good football again. This team could very well be the best team in the South still.

Don't take my confidence as disrespectful, Wildcat fans. I wish you a good trip and no injuries.

Watson Chapel knows they aren't getting considered to win this game and are using that as motivation and will be playing with the house deck tonight.

I hope I'm not eating some crow tonight. Take care of WC tonight, boys.

Steve Perry 2.11

Crow is not on the menu tonight.

AIREDALE25

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 18, 2016, 08:49:47 am
Yes but it's supposed to be cold.

Absolut

Does alma have a live stream of radio broadcast of the game?

AIREDALE25

November 18, 2016, 03:43:17 pm #95 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:45:18 pm by AIREDALE25
Quote from: Absolut on November 18, 2016, 03:26:06 pm
Does alma have a live stream of radio broadcast of the game?
[/quote
Yes Alma School District YouTube account Stream should start at 7pm which is Radio will be on the stream as well

pine-ryder

Deuceswild

MDXPHD

PrivateLesson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas