• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Wynne

Started by JacketDad, November 11, 2016, 10:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

I Scout

Wynne should take care of business at home..

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 13, 2016, 01:03:39 pm
It's hard to get to the qb when you get your legs cut out from under you every play!
That's true.  Our coaches saw that and some of those blocks are chop blocks but I'm not a ref.  How more D linemen knees aren't hurt I don't know.   Maybe they are legal but cutting their legs at their knees seems wrong.

P.F.G.

Legal as long as it's in the free blocking zone and not engaged.

ricericebaby

November 15, 2016, 09:53:13 pm #54 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:48:39 pm by ricericebaby
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on November 15, 2016, 08:34:00 pm
That's true.  Our coaches saw that and some of those blocks are chop blocks but I'm not a ref.  How more D linemen knees aren't hurt I don't know.   Maybe they are legal but cutting their legs at their knees seems wrong.

What exactly do you think a chop block is? Don't Google it- just tell me your own personal knowledge of what a chop block is?

Made

win will have some chop blocks through out the game, just by the nature of their offense, they are cutting, but when you have guards releaseing to LB's with the tackle cutting, there are times that the DT has "engaged" the guard by the time the cut gets there creating the imfamous "high low" or chop block. I would imagine it actually happens more often than is called though.

video talks about it at about the 1 minute mark

ricericebaby

Quote from: Made on November 16, 2016, 07:35:01 am
win will have some chop blocks through out the game, just by the nature of their offense, they are cutting, but when you have guards releaseing to LB's with the tackle cutting, there are times that the DT has "engaged" the guard by the time the cut gets there creating the imfamous "high low" or chop block. I would imagine it actually happens more often than is called though.

video talks about it at about the 1 minute mark

Actually, it depends on who initiates the contact.  If the guard is trying to climb to the second level and the tackle is trying to prohibit him from doing so, it is not a chop block.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 15, 2016, 01:23:29 pm
No.

It means we overlooked you the first time and would drill your ### now.

LOL....keep thinking that.  Too bad the bracket didn't play out for that rematch to happen. 

Youngsta71701

JacketDad

Quote from: STBruin on November 15, 2016, 06:19:05 pm
Strong is out against Wynne.
Sources say his is still questionable.  Any updates?

Jimmy1995

Quote from: JacketDad on November 16, 2016, 03:51:50 pm
Sources say his is still questionable.  Any updates?
Wait till Friday night

olemissjacket99

legal or not on those blocks...being taught to aim and cut their knees out seems dirty but legal I guess.  takes a toll I'm sure.

wynne by 2 tds at least...we have the best coach in CHiP!

Pantherdaddy

Is it fair to say that running teams prolly get away with illegal blocks like chop blocking  just like passing teams get away with holding??

then again, I would rather be held then chopped,

Chip

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on November 16, 2016, 07:29:20 pm
legal or not on those blocks...being taught to aim and cut their knees out seems dirty but legal I guess.  takes a toll I'm sure.

No doubt!!!

walkingguy72396

Its the players who have the ball who get hurt the most.  So lets make rules against possesing the ball.

ricericebaby

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 17, 2016, 08:43:37 am
Its the players who have the ball who get hurt the most.  So lets make rules against possesing the ball.

Yes, no one can actually hold the ball because we don't want them to get hurt. They can leave the ball on the ground and just kick it around...oh wait..that is soccer.

mohawk

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on November 16, 2016, 07:29:20 pm

Let me guess....you think it's dirty to teach an offensive player to cut knees, but it's okay to teach a defensive back to tackle a running back at his knees?

FD4

High School players are like 2 year old thoroughbred horses.  They can run like the wind, but they are not fully developed yet.  They have a big heart, want to go full out all the time, but joints and bones are not quite finished yet.  The AAA should establish a rule, all leggings should have a two inch stripe around the legging just above or flush with the thigh pad.  There should be zero contact when engaging another player face on below that stripe.  Only catching from behind may contact be initiated below the stripe.  If this were a rule, then you could not cut block in any fashion, tackle at the knees, or initiate any form of contact from a position which could cause traumatic or catastrophic damage.  It would lessen that potential, not eliminate it. It would change the mentality of the yard to gain, giving an advantage to using power backs once again.       

purpleswag

Quote from: FD4 on November 17, 2016, 11:17:21 am
High School players are like 2 year old thoroughbred horses.  They can run like the wind, but they are not fully developed yet.  They have a big heart, want to go full out all the time, but joints and bones are not quite finished yet.  The AAA should establish a rule, all leggings should have a two inch stripe around the legging just above or flush with the thigh pad.  There should be zero contact when engaging another player face on below that stripe.  Only catching from behind may contact be initiated below the stripe.  If this were a rule, then you could not cut block in any fashion, tackle at the knees, or initiate any form of contact from a position which could cause traumatic or catastrophic damage.  It would lessen that potential, not eliminate it. It would change the mentality of the yard to gain, giving an advantage to using power backs once again.       

With all the concussion protocol these days good luck with that rule

FD4

No kidding, but at least with the concussion rule in place, players do get sidelined with good reason.  A problem with the head can lead to a host of other issues in the future.

the voice

IMO cutting or a chop block is term that sounds far worse than it is. We did it every play running the I and wing T formation. It was taught and practiced everyday. The aiming point was the knees. TBH the knees hardly got hit , the defensive line fired off low as did the O line. I think Wynne's line does a good job blocking , more so on the second level, there's no cutting or chopping allowed there, I had heard much about how they just chop every play. Honestly from my POV I feel their strength was more blocking in space and staying with their block than cutting the knees out. In an option offense a stalemate is a loss on the line of scrimmage. Cutting or chopping creates piles that isn't wanted.
As far as injuries go there are some caused by low blocks , however most knee injuries are caused in the pile up or getting tangled bent awkwardly.  Getting your legs knocked out from under you most times hurts your pride more than your knees. 

Rick Swines

I have some pretty good sources that tell me Pierre strong will play tonight. Doesn't change the outcome but makes it a little closer.

Jimmy1995

Quote from: Rick Swines on November 18, 2016, 06:26:43 am
I have some pretty good sources that tell me Pierre strong will play tonight. Doesn't change the outcome but makes it a little closer.
Is that right?

JacketDad

Quote from: Rick Swines on November 18, 2016, 06:26:43 am
We hope fe does.  Don't want McClellen to have any excuses.  By the way, he won't be any better than Clark from Blytheville.  I agree with Rick Swine, it won't change the outcome.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on November 18, 2016, 08:30:45 am
We hope fe does.  Don't want McClellen to have any excuses.  By the way, he won't be any better than Clark from Blytheville.  I agree with Rick Swine, it won't change the outcome.

Have you seen strong play?

walkingguy72396

Honestly, Any player who was questionable about being able to play.  Even more so a running back.  I do not think we will be seeing how good Strong really is,

JacketDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 08:31:57 am
Have you seen strong play?
Have you seen our defense?  Oh wait, yes you have, 63-21. I almost forgot.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on November 18, 2016, 08:40:09 am

LOL. Trying hard to go for Wynne but you make it so difficult!

And yes, I have seen your defense. A couple of times. It's your offense that is winning the games though. Your defense is pretty good, but it's not anything special. That offense is special.

Rick Swines

Quote from: JacketDad on November 18, 2016, 08:40:09 am

This quote is something a 13 year old boy would say.  Sure you beat Batesville and had fun about it for weeks but to continue to brag about the game is childish.  Saying that the wynne defense is very good.  They give up more points compared to other top defenses but think about how many possessions opposing teams have because the offense is so good.  If I remember correctly didn't batesville only score 7 on offense? 

I do think wynne is one of the more dominating teams I've seen.  (I'm only 28 so I haven't seen the old time teams)  To the posters still bragging about how good you are just let the score board do your bragging for you please. We all know this goes in cycles. 

Rampage72501

November 18, 2016, 10:12:15 am #79 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:14:24 am by Rampage72501
Quote from: Rick Swines on November 18, 2016, 10:01:38 am
This quote is something a 13 year old boy would say.  Sure you beat Batesville and had fun about it for weeks but to continue to brag about the game is childish.  Saying that the wynne defense is very good.  They give up more points compared to other top defenses but think about how many possessions opposing teams have because the offense is so good.  If I remember correctly didn't batesville only score 7 on offense

Batesville scored 2 times on offense and once on a kickoff return.

Pwil11

Quote from: Rick Swines on November 18, 2016, 10:01:38 am
This quote is something a 13 year old boy would say.  Sure you beat Batesville and had fun about it for weeks but to continue to brag about the game is childish.  Saying that the wynne defense is very good.  They give up more points compared to other top defenses but think about how many possessions opposing teams have because the offense is so good.  If I remember correctly didn't batesville only score 7 on offense? 

I do think wynne is one of the more dominating teams I've seen.  (I'm only 28 so I haven't seen the old time teams)  To the posters still bragging about how good you are just let the score board do your bragging for you please. We all know this goes in cycles. 
The only team in 5a that gave up less points than wynne was morrilton

RedJacket

The second offensive TD from Batesville was against our 2's which has been the case most games.  Our starters only played the first half most games. 

deltahog66

For those that know, what was Strong's injury. I heard broken collar bone?  How long has he been out?

Deuceswild

With the cold wind... I say the team that throws more than 5 times loses.

Pioneerman68

Good Luck to Wynne  GO EAST !!

Jackets3

Quote from: Pioneerman68 on November 18, 2016, 02:12:45 pm
Good Luck to Wynne  GO EAST !!
[/q.       Good luck to the Pioneers as well!

Jimmy1995

Quote from: deltahog66 on November 18, 2016, 01:26:39 pm
For those that know, what was Strong's injury. I heard broken collar bone?  How long has he been out?
Hairline fracture in collarbone. Has not played in last two games

deltahog66

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 18, 2016, 03:02:04 pm
Hairline fracture in collarbone. Has not played in last two games

Thanks. Hopefully he gets to play. Safe travels over here tonight.

Jimmy1995

Quote from: deltahog66 on November 18, 2016, 03:27:33 pm
Thanks. Hopefully he gets to play. Safe travels over here tonight.
He won't be playing

walkingguy72396

Wynne about 63, steady rain, heavy at times.

Clarksvilledad1

With strong out I think McClellan still has a chance but it won't be as close
Wynn-49
McClellan-35

Wyattm48

Tight game. 24-21 LRM defense pulls this one out

Overdahill

pine-ryder

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 18, 2016, 04:30:01 pm
Wynne about 63, steady rain, heavy at times.

It has definitely cooled down today statewide

justalionfan

lets go wynne, it time to shut Jimmy1995 up and show him that LRM ain't gonna win

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Strong north wind playing a factor

And it's a cold one

Brrrrrrrrrr

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Middle of the 4th, McClellan has 86 yards of offense, no offensive scores

JacketDad

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 18, 2016, 09:05:43 pm
Middle of the 4th, McClellan has 86 yards of offense, no offensive scores
But "nothing special about our defense", someone once said.

The_Pioneer

Beware the power of the Central.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas