• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Wynne

Started by JacketDad, November 11, 2016, 10:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketDad

Let's start it up.  Jackets look hard to beat.

PA Dad

This will be an interesting game.  Both teams  are very physical.  Both teams rely primarily on the run.

According to an interview with Coach Moody tonight, Strong's status for the game is questionable.  If Strong doesn't play McClellan will struggle.  If he does play, I still give Wynne the edge, but McClellan may keep it close.

JacketDad

Wynne wil also be without, arguably their best defender.  Logan Jessup, if in fact he does have a broken leg, will be sorely missed.  Our defense did step it up in the second half.  Should be another very good game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on November 11, 2016, 10:11:05 pm
Wynne wil also be without, arguably their best defender.  Logan Jessup, if in fact he does have a broken leg, will be sorely missed.  Our defense did step it up in the second half.  Should be another very good game.

He does have a broken leg according to the radio announcers. Unfortunate injury.

Jimmy1995

Sorry to hear about Logan! But with that being noted, McClellan will win in a close game. Nothing beats the central conference haha

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 11, 2016, 10:33:31 pm
Sorry to hear about Logan! But with that being noted, McClellan will win in a close game. Nothing beats the central conference haha

lol no

Jimmy1995

PA Dad

Last year most posters, including me, gave McClellan little chance to reach the final game.  They beat Morrilton and Batesville to do it.

I think Wynne should be favored in this game but they better not take McClellan lightly.

Jimmy1995

Defense playing lights out! May have strong back as well. Chances are looking good to get back to WMS

Maynard G Krebs

Late season injuries are really impacting this game on both sides. Think Wynne is in the driver's seat, but McClellan has a hand on the steering wheel.  Should be interesting.

Overdahill

Will be watching this one with a lot of interest. PA/McClellan was a low scoring game to my surprise. It will be interesting to see if that happens again or it plays out differently

JacketDad

I don't see this as being a low scoring game.

PercussionMan

After what I saw of Wynne last night in the second half against Morrilton, I figure it will be much the same with McClellan.  They may keep it close for a half, but that'll be about all.  I just don't think their defense will stop that slew of MEN running out of the backfield for Wynne.  But, if Strong plays (MAN in his own right), it could very well be interesting.

JacketDad

You are right about our defense.  We do seem to struggle at times against the pass but the run defense has been stellar all year.  Losing Jessup for the year will hurt but the team is so deep and someone will step up.  I expect the score against McClellan will be close but I have to believe our Jackets will prevail.

Pwil11

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2016, 10:47:20 pm
Last year most posters, including me, gave McClellan little chance to reach the final game.  They beat Morrilton and Batesville to do it.

I think Wynne should be favored in this game but they better not take McClellan lightly.

You don't go 11-0 by taking any team lightly. Our coaching staff will have the boys ready.

wynnefootballfan

I'm gonna of course pick Wynne and guestamate a score of around eh' 49-21ish..

WTD

Wynne may struggle slightly against the pass because they may not get the best looks in practice vs teams that pass/run 50% of the time but imagine trying to simulate wynne's offense during practice... It's virtually impossible. I would bet that PA has portions of their practice getting ready for the flexbone right get now. You don't want to wait the week of to start getting ready for Wynne. This is Chris Hill's best team since he's been there, they won't be stopped. PA vs Wynne at War Memorial right it down.

Jimmy1995

Quote from: WTD on November 12, 2016, 05:42:23 pm
Wynne may struggle slightly against the pass because they may not get the best looks in practice vs teams that pass/run 50% of the time but imagine trying to simulate wynne's offense during practice... It's virtually impossible. I would bet that PA has portions of their practice getting ready for the flexbone right get now. You don't want to wait the week of to start getting ready for Wynne. This is Chris Hill's best team since he's been there, they won't be stopped. PA vs Wynne at War Memorial right it down.
Haha in your Dreams! McClellan will be back at full strength and you guys just lost a key player? Sorry but we have the edge and will come up to Wynne and leave going to the Semis

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 12, 2016, 06:44:39 pm
Haha in your Dreams! McClellan will be back at full strength and you guys just lost a key player? Sorry but we have the edge and will come up to Wynne and leave going to the Semis
Nice post...but our team don't revolve around one player...you will soon find out.
Jessup went out early in the game...Go ck the score!

JacketDad

This guy is trying his best to convince himself that McClellan has a chance to win.  The writing is on the wall now.  Even Fred Birds computer has Wynne winning the championship now.  Jimmy save the gas and just watch www.deltaswarm.com Friday night. That way no one will see you running away with your tail between your legs.

walkingguy72396

Wynne has put up over 37 points every game this season.

Drives that have ended with-out scoring are mainly due to turn-overs.  The others ended due to a penalty that put them behind the chains.  I think maybe 3 or 4 drives were ended because the defense stopped them.

McClellan was able to stop PA from getting their avg.  Wynne is a totally different animal. 

Wynne is going to get 37 plus. 

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 13, 2016, 10:20:36 am
Wynne has put up over 37 points every game this season.

Drives that have ended with-out scoring are mainly due to turn-overs.  The others ended due to a penalty that put them behind the chains.  I think maybe 3 or 4 drives were ended because the defense stopped them.

McClellan was able to stop PA from getting their avg.  Wynne is a totally different animal. 

Wynne is going to get 37 plus.

doesn't a defense get credit for stops including turnovers or if the O is behind the chains? ???

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Overdahill on November 13, 2016, 10:24:08 am
doesn't a defense get credit for stops including turnovers or if the O is behind the chains? ???

When the pitch is so wide or high, it can not be caught.  No.

When the holding or illegal contact  really had no effect on the play and was just an error in judgement.  No

When the called pass is on target and dropped.  No.

When the pass is thrown into coverage and picked off.  Yes. I do not have access to stats.
I think Wynne has given up 3 or 4 interceptions.  I'd be really surprised if it is more than 6. 

Jimmy1995

McClellan will silence the east again like last year. Don't go ghost when I get back on here talking about who MCCLELLAN plays next!

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 13, 2016, 10:49:58 am

When the holding or illegal contact  really had no effect on the play and was just an error in judgement.  No

When the pass is thrown into coverage and picked off.  Yes. I do not have access to stats.
I think Wynne has given up 3 or 4 interceptions.  I'd be really surprised if it is more than 6.

Frequently when passes are off target its due to pressure on the QB

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Overdahill on November 13, 2016, 11:13:03 am
Frequently when passes are off target its due to pressure on the QB

True.  When true pressure gets put on the QB that incomplete pass or interception credit goes to the defense. 

Defenses so far have not been able to cause those issues vs Wynne.

Mainly due to the fact Wynne hardly ever throws more than 4 times a game.

STBruin

Agree with the pressure causing errant passes...but tackle that was hurt and missed games against both SH and McClellan is back...and he is a D1 lineman...so those games can be a tad bit deceiving

walkingguy72396

Quote from: STBruin on November 13, 2016, 11:32:42 am
Agree with the pressure causing errant passes...but tackle that was hurt and missed games against both SH and McClellan is back...and he is a D1 lineman...so those games can be a tad bit deceiving

Good, is he ready, is he in game shape?  He's going to get a work out.
How many weeks has he been back?

#1jacketfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 13, 2016, 11:37:17 am
Good, is he ready, is he in game shape?  He's going to get a work out.
How many weeks has he been back?
It's hard to get to the qb when you get your legs cut out from under you every play!

Jackets3

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 13, 2016, 10:49:58 am

Wynne has only thrown 2 picks this year. 1 in first game against Marion and one against Morrilton.

Overdahill

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 13, 2016, 01:21:23 pm
whatever happened to Ivan?

Gotta be waiting until Wynne wins the championship. Then he will surely make a thread boasting about their rise back to the top.

Deuceswild

Cant go against Wynne, but if there is an upset brewing this week. Perhaps its this one? I enjoyed watching McLovins film all year and if Wynnes best tackler is hurt and Strong is at 90% or above, it should make things interesting. Yella Jax 42 McMuffins 28.

JacketDad

Don't know much about Strong but it is hard to believe he can be that much better than Clark from Blytheville.  Does anyone have knowledge of both backs?

WTD

I'm not part of "you guys", I've seen both teams play this year. How many spread teams has Wynne faced this year? How many flexbone teams has McClellan faced this year? Good luck stopping it, Wynne will roll in this one as well.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 11, 2016, 10:53:04 pm
Defense playing lights out! May have strong back as well. Chances are looking good to get back to WMS

I think you guys should go ahead and make plans then!  Easy walk.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 11, 2016, 10:43:46 pm
Haha we will see

Yep....you'll see McClellan's season end....they are in Wynne's way on their trip to WMS....it's nothing personal!!

AIREDALE25

Wynne 48
McClellan 35

I really want McClellan to win that way they have to come to Alma Next week. But i think Alma will have to go to Wynne and it will go two ways one Wynne kicks our butts or two we beat Wynne by 1 score

Overdahill

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on November 15, 2016, 07:04:28 am
Wynne 48
McClellan 35

I really want McClellan to win that way they have to come to Alma Next week. But i think Alma will have to go to Wynne and it will go two ways one Wynne kicks our butts or two we beat Wynne by 1 score

sorry but this can't be right. According to Morrilton experts, No team is allowed to get closer to Wynne than the 29 points Morrilton lost by ::)

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Overdahill on November 15, 2016, 07:47:13 am
sorry but this can't be right. According to Morrilton experts, No team is allowed to get closer to Wynne than the 29 points Morrilton lost by ::)
[/quote

Morrilton experts just like election predicting experts are pretty dead on accurate.

FD4

PADad, which coach Moody are you referring to, Maurice or Gary?

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 14, 2016, 02:39:24 pm
Yep....you'll see McClellan's season end....they are in Wynne's way on their trip to WMS....it's nothing personal!!

And why is that...because Motown couldn't beat them then how dare anyone else think that they can beat them?

Let's get real.... Morrilton was talented but never really a legitimate contender.

A slightly above average team if you will.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 15, 2016, 08:31:02 am
And why is that...because Motown couldn't beat them then how dare anyone else think that they can beat them?

Let's get real.... Morrilton was talented but never really a legitimate contender.

A slightly above average team if you will.

Morrilton beat Alma during a week of much adversity....so does that make Alma less talented and less of a legitimate contender??  And, not even a slightly above average team??  According to your "expertise" and "logic", it must mean that.

Wynne's backfield is a machine....if any team stops them from averaging 8-10 yards per carry and holds them to less than 35 points, I'd be surprised.  I'm not saying Morrilton has the greatest defense, but we had a pretty solid one this year, despite injuries and adversity.

You'll see....McClellan loses to Wynne this Friday....then, Alma....you'll see.  Refer to this post whenever it happens.  Wynne is going to WMS to play for a championship.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on November 15, 2016, 08:25:07 am
PADad, which coach Moody are you referring to, Maurice or Gary?

Maurice.

P.F.G.

Glad LM got their HB back. Tough game for Wynne in back to back weeks. If they win the title this year this will be the hardest road to a title I've seen in a long time.

FD4

He runs a good offensive scheme as well. Used to run some wishbone and off set I stuff

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 15, 2016, 09:55:09 am
Morrilton beat Alma during a week of much adversity....so does that make Alma less talented and less of a legitimate contender?? 

No.

It means we overlooked you the first time and would drill your ### now.

STBruin

Strong is out against Wynne.

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on November 15, 2016, 06:19:05 pm

Then it won't be close. Men vs boys.

JacketDad

Quote from: STBruin on November 15, 2016, 06:19:05 pm
Sorry to hear this.  Everyone would have preferred that both teams would be at full strength.  Hopefully everyone else will be healthy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas