• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 11, 2016, 09:58:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Forrest City had an impressive win over Greenbrier.  They come to PA next Friday.

The East is a strong conference with 3 wins in the first round.  The Central also had 3 wins.

Can Forrest City pull the upset and send PA packing?

JacketDad

Forrest City may match well with PA.  I can see them making it a respectable game.

Jimmy1995

STBruin

Central went 3-1...Sylvan Hills got beat on last play

walkingguy72396

Quote from: STBruin on November 11, 2016, 10:35:34 pm
Central went 3-1...Sylvan Hills got beat on last play

Good thought Fearless had made a boo boo

Maynard G Krebs

The only thing I know about FC is that they have a lot of speed, so I expect them to be similar to Sylvan Hills in that regard and SH gave PA a good game.  I expect it to be one of the better second round games.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

FC is playing their best football right now. They have the speed to keep this game close for awhile. I expect PA to win this game, but they better not take this FC team lightly.

sportsguy80

I agree. Should be one of the more competitive 2nd round games.

TNT_15

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 11, 2016, 10:34:23 pm
The central went 4-0
Nah SHh does what they always do. Lose first round. 3 years in a  row now

Yellowcake

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 14, 2016, 10:06:01 am
I agree. Should be one of the more competitive 2nd round games.

Yes, I look for it to be close in the second half. Against the ninth graders.

Hoghead2

I see PA putting a basketball score on FC. 56-21 PA.  Semi finals are next for PA. Nice season FC !!!!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 14, 2016, 05:17:48 pm
Nah SHh does what they always do. Lose first round. 3 years in a  row now

4 years in a row

Overdahill

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 14, 2016, 11:41:59 pm
4 years in a row

they fooled me this year; I was shocked that they went out early despite the prior years history

Lanny

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Lanny on November 15, 2016, 10:39:27 am
I may attend this one

Long time no see, can't remember what you look like so wear a name tag😜

Overdahill

Grond

Hey PA guys, will the game be on-line? Really like to see this game.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on November 15, 2016, 08:16:31 pm

I don't know for sure, but it probably will.  Go to YouTube and search for Pulaski Academy football.  That should find it.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on November 15, 2016, 08:16:31 pm

PA streams their regular season games.  I would expect it to be the same in playoffs unless the AAA says differently

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 15, 2016, 09:26:18 pm
PA streams their regular season games.  I would expect it to be the same in playoffs unless the AAA says differently
They streamed last week also.

Youngsta71701

FD4

Upset on the way.  Go get em Stangs!

Overdahill

Visable

Maynard G Krebs

How many of the FC players play on both sides of the ball?

Grond

November 17, 2016, 10:38:12 pm #25 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:41:13 pm by Grond
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 17, 2016, 06:46:06 pm
How many of the FC players play on both sides of the ball?

Probably not many go Offense and Defense. Forrest City has 50+ players, and usually around 70 (at home, anyway). FC usually turns out some big linemen. #97 Tevin Beanum (DE) for the Hogs is from FC, and FC has three players at UAPB.

Haven't seen Forrest City play this year, so I haven't felt comfortable describing them. FC tends to have size and athleticism, but they tend to be overpowered by Wynne and outsmarted by Batesville. FC is competitive, or dominant, over the rest of the 5A East.

I look for Pulaski Academy to figure out schemes to defeat Forrest City. But FC will play their hearts out, and get pretty rough with PA. (Nothing unsportsmanlike; but sweeps & traps w/ pulling lineman: bam, bam, bam.)

Maynard G Krebs

I noticed in today's paper  of week 11 statistics that FC has names in the leaders of rushing , receiving and tackling.  Looking forward to a good game.  Hope they bring a good crowd.

walkingguy72396

I do not think Forrest City can win a close game with PA unless it's PA that is trying to come back from 3 scores.

Then the Stangs might hold on.

Rampage72501

FC's defense will not be able to make enough stops against PA to keep it close.

PA will score 50+, FC will not.

Maynard G Krebs

FC three loses are to Wynne, West Memphis and Batesville, all good teams still in the playoffs.  They are known for their speed and athleticism.  A few individuals with top stats in the state.  Makes me think it should be a good game.  Others seem to think otherwise.  What am I missing?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 18, 2016, 09:49:55 am
FC three loses are to Wynne, West Memphis and Batesville, all good teams still in the playoffs.  They are known for their speed and athleticism.  A few individuals with top stats in the state.  Makes me think it should be a good game.  Others seem to think otherwise.  What am I missing?

They are still FC and PA is still PA.

sportsguy80

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 09:55:31 am
They are still FC and PA is still PA.
So why even play the game...just send PA straight to WMS. Right?

farve4life

I don't think the mustangs have that many players. According to maxpreps, they have 47 on roster and usually 2 or 3 players have quit, got kicked off, or injured. Doesn't look like they have the biggest line either with an average of 5'11 and 230 lbs out of 12 players. However, I'm sure they have a fast group of players.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: farve4life on November 18, 2016, 10:04:19 am
I don't think the mustangs have that many players. According to maxpreps, they have 47 on roster and usually 2 or 3 players have quit, got kicked off, or injured. Doesn't look like they have the biggest line either with an average of 5'11 and 230 lbs out of 12 players. However, I'm sure they have a fast group of players.

Fast is an understatement. If FC gets out to a fast start and gets up a couple scores or so, it could be one of those nights. If they smell blood in the water they are hard to stop. That being said, PA is text book and, well we know they don't flinch.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 18, 2016, 09:59:49 am
So why even play the game...just send PA straight to WMS. Right?

Just to the semis at least.

STBruin

Going to be a good game tonight!!!!! PA defense is the KEY!!!!

sportsguy80

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:19:04 am
Just to the semis at least.
If it happens how do you see Batesville matching up with them?

MDXPHD

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 18, 2016, 10:32:08 am
If it happens how do you see Batesville matching up with them?

Batesville is going to focus on this week's game first. If we both advance, then there will be a thread on that game to voice my opinion on it.

The Future

Pwil11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:54:39 am
Batesville is going to focus on this week's game first. If we both advance, then there will be a thread on that game to voice my opinion on it.
One of the best post I've read

sportsguy80

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 18, 2016, 11:51:34 am
One of the best post I've read
Yeah right. So when or if PA plays Batesville it will be alright for me to say "well Batesville won't have a chance since they are still Batesville and PA is well PA."

MDXPHD

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 18, 2016, 12:05:55 pm
Yeah right. So when or if PA plays Batesville it will be alright for me to say "well Batesville won't have a chance since they are still Batesville and PA is well PA."

Batesville is not FC.

Maynard G Krebs

Meanwhile, back at the PA/FC game.........

Pwil11

Hoping for the upset.
GO EAST!!!!!!!!

FD4

Paid Athletes, and FC will play the hand they are dealt.

Overdahill

^^^^ what happened to your upset alert ???

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

pine-ryder

pantherblue

28 for FC is a speedster. If he gets outside not many will catch him.

PA Dad

PA scores on its opening drive and leads 8-0.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas