• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Public vs Private Schools Pile (Past/Present/Future/All Classes)

Started by MDXPHD, December 17, 2015, 03:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MB Hog

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 09, 2016, 05:20:37 pm
Evangel would probably sign up...
Evangel is actually on the schedule for next year.

PA Dad

PA Dad

PA plays Shreveport Evangal, Sand Springs, OK and Parkway, Bossier City, LA in OOC play next year.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on December 09, 2016, 08:19:04 pm
PA plays Shreveport Evangal, Sand Springs, OK and Parkway, Bossier City, LA in OOC play next year.
In before MDX says they all suck. 😄

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 08, 2016, 10:02:04 am
Which public school is yours, and how specifically is it disadvantaged vis a vis PA? Not arguing, I generally want to hear your opinion on this.

Does it matter which public school is mine?  All public schools start off at a disadvantage of some sort.  Money, facilities, support, recruiting issues, (call it what you Like, I still think the very nature of a private schools livelihood is recruiting students) the ability to attrackt kids from a wide area.

nuttinbuthogs

As far as putting private schools in an unfair position if they have to play other private schools in their own league, really?  They chose to be a member of a private school, so be a member in everything.  I'm curious to know how many public schools belong to many varied Private school organizations around the state and or country.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 08, 2016, 04:39:29 pm
PA has 301.

So PA has 301 students, and without knowing for sure it seemed that the football team had close to 80 boys on the sideline?   Is there another school in the state that has even close to that type participation from their male student body?  That's impressive!   Either Kelly is worried his system wouldn't work somewhere else or he gets well compensated there!   To have his success and the talent/numbers from a 3a level enrollment is far more of an achievement than Gus had and look where he is!   Not being sarcastic, just eye opening. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on December 10, 2016, 12:39:44 am
So PA has 301 students, and without knowing for sure it seemed that the football team had close to 80 boys on the sideline?   Is there another school in the state that has even close to that type participation from their male student body?  That's impressive!   Either Kelly is worried his system wouldn't work somewhere else or he gets well compensated there!   To have his success and the talent/numbers from a 3a level enrollment is far more of an achievement than Gus had and look where he is!   Not being sarcastic, just eye opening.

One point, by the time the playoffs start, the ninth grade team's season is over, so they dress out for the playoffs. Still great numbers, but what you saw was 9-12.

Yellowcake

1365 kids in the school. That's K through 12.
It's a tiny school.

Made

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 10, 2016, 12:50:49 am
1365 kids in the school. That's K through 12.
It's a tiny school.

yup only bigger than 63% of schools in state. Those numbers are normal 4a numbers

Made

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 09, 2016, 11:59:56 pm
Does it matter which public school is mine?  All public schools start off at a disadvantage of some sort.  Money, facilities, support, recruiting issues, (call it what you Like, I still think the very nature of a private schools livelihood is recruiting students) the ability to attrackt kids from a wide area.
One question in your opinion what is the 1 biggest advantage a private school has?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Made on December 10, 2016, 12:08:34 pm
One question in your opinion what is the 1 biggest advantage a private school has?

I don't think there is an answer to your question. There may be in some circumstances, but it's typically a combination of several advantages.

Made

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 10, 2016, 01:09:47 pm
I don't think there is an answer to your question. There may be in some circumstances, but it's typically a combination of several advantages.
....I can see where you see several advantages, but they all stem from one thing imo. Parents plain and simple. How many parents show up to parent teacher conference? how many parents are at all games....even if you are playing 4+ hours away. How many of your parents listen to a teachers point of view before making judgement on what their kid told them? How many parents in your school push their kids to play sports? be in the gym anytime its open...even at 6am, the weekend,  spring, or summer? How many of your parents donated or let the team borrow tents for the sideline? brought a tv for sideline replay? brought a camera for multiple camera angles?

Every school has these parents, but its not 95-100% that you would get from a private school. The parents of students in private school are invested, if by nothing else financially and if money isn't a motivator to ensure that your kid is doing what they are supposed to be doing then I'm not sure what is.

Maybe I'm wrong...this is simply my opinion. I am not a private school supporter by any stretch of the imagination, and my children will not attend a private school. But this is something that every school across the state is trying to achieve, and I would bet the schools with better parental support are the ones with better test scores, athletic programs and the like.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Made on December 10, 2016, 01:29:53 pm
....I can see where you see several advantages, but they all stem from one thing imo. Parents plain and simple. How many parents show up to parent teacher conference? how many parents are at all games....even if you are playing 4+ hours away. How many of your parents listen to a teachers point of view before making judgement on what their kid told them? How many parents in your school push their kids to play sports? be in the gym anytime its open...even at 6am, the weekend,  spring, or summer? How many of your parents donated or let the team borrow tents for the sideline? brought a tv for sideline replay? brought a camera for multiple camera angles?

Every school has these parents, but its not 95-100% that you would get from a private school. The parents of students in private school are invested, if by nothing else financially and if money isn't a motivator to ensure that your kid is doing what they are supposed to be doing then I'm not sure what is.

Maybe I'm wrong...this is simply my opinion. I am not a private school supporter by any stretch of the imagination, and my children will not attend a private school. But this is something that every school across the state is trying to achieve, and I would bet the schools with better parental support are the ones with better test scores, athletic programs and the like.

It is hard for me to argue with any of that. I think it's a solid point.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Made on December 10, 2016, 12:04:48 pm
yup only bigger than 63% of schools in state. Those numbers are normal 4a numbers

No sir, this would put them at the very bottom of the 4A. And all 5A schools, excluding LRCA, have 500 or more students in senior high. According to this information...
http://www.bryantdaily.com/aaa-announces-enrollment-numbers-for-2016-2018-reclassification-cycle/

Made

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 10, 2016, 05:54:45 pm
No sir, this would put them at the very bottom of the 4A. And all 5A schools, excluding LRCA, have 500 or more students in senior high. According to this information...
http://www.bryantdaily.com/aaa-announces-enrollment-numbers-for-2016-2018-reclassification-cycle/
still above Booneville at 297 and still puts them in top 37% of schools in the state. not football schools, but all schools. Just trying to point out.....its not that tiny

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Made on December 10, 2016, 01:29:53 pm

While I can only speak for myself, spending money on private school was not the motivation to ensure that my children were "doing what they are supposed to be doing".  To me teaching your children to do the right thing has absolutely nothing to do with economic factors, but doing so is just a basic tenant of being a responsible parent. 

FD4

In the delta, you have top notch athletes that play one,two, and sometimes three sports, but its always football that gets the note.  We have guys playing that honestly do not know where their next solid meal is going to come from, and I don't blame the player, or his family, its just the way it is sometimes.  So tell me Cake, or Dad, does that situation exist at Pulaski Academy.  My guess would be, probably not.  Now go spew out your rhetorical nonsense about advantages. Be my guest, I want to see what your answer is to that one.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on December 11, 2016, 05:09:48 pm
In the delta, you have top notch athletes that play one,two, and sometimes three sports, but its always football that gets the note.  We have guys playing that honestly do not know where their next solid meal is going to come from, and I don't blame the player, or his family, its just the way it is sometimes.  So tell me Cake, or Dad, does that situation exist at Pulaski Academy.  My guess would be, probably not.  Now go spew out your rhetorical nonsense about advantages. Be my guest, I want to see what your answer is to that one.

FD4, have you read my posts?  I've always admitted that private schools have advantages over public schools.  Do I need to do so again?  I will.  Private schools have a number of advantages over public schools.

And one advantage is that kids at private schools generally don't have to wonder where their next meal comes from or if daddy has a job.  I get it.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: FD4 on December 11, 2016, 05:09:48 pm
Literally every single poster from PA has said the school has advantages because of its financial position. You are just making up things so you can be indignant.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 11, 2016, 09:15:05 pm
What did he make up?
He said PA "spews" about not having advantages. We've all acknowledged there are some advantages.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 11, 2016, 09:46:21 pm
He said PA "spews" about not having advantages. We've all acknowledged there are some advantages.

Poor word choice.

I forgot to discuss yalls opponents for next year. Sand springs is really bad but I'm not sure about the others. Evangel will be a pretty good game I assume. Only lost a couple this year.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2016, 09:58:31 pm
Poor word choice.

I forgot to discuss yalls opponents for next year. Sand springs is really bad but I'm not sure about the others. Evangel will be a pretty good game I assume. Only lost a couple this year.

Evangel is a powerhouse every year.  They will be a tough game.

Sand Springs was 7-5 this year.  I have no idea how good they will be next year.

Parkway (Bossier City, LA) usually has a very good team.  I think that will be a good game.

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2016, 09:58:31 pm
Poor word choice.

Sand springs is really bad? How do you know? They either won a state championship last year or played in the championship game. 7-5 this year. And evangel has a history as a premier team.
For some, it's just tough to post without an agenda I guess.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 11, 2016, 10:49:15 pm
Sand springs is really bad? How do you know? They either won a state championship last year or played in the championship game. 7-5 this year. And evangel has a history as a premier team.
For some, it's just tough to post without an agenda I guess.

You should've seen my analysis of the last two years of your non conference schedule. I was being generous this time.

FD4

Thanks Dad, you know me, always prodding, are yall really moving up to 6A? Because I don't think Wynne, will ever get 6A numbers.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on December 12, 2016, 08:22:18 am
Thanks Dad, you know me, always prodding, are yall really moving up to 6A? Because I don't think Wynne, will ever get 6A numbers.

There has been lots of talk about PA moving up, but nothing official.  If they do, it will  probably be a couple of years before it happens.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 03:51:08 am
You should've seen my analysis of the last two years of your non conference schedule. I was being generous this time.

Yea, and that Highland Park team you denigrated last year is in the Texas 6A II championship game this year!  They improved a lot in one year!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: PA Dad on December 09, 2016, 06:15:55 pm
We're playing them next year.

This will be a great game! I will have to find a way to watch this one.  Where is it being played?

PA Dad

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 12, 2016, 10:14:26 am
This will be a great game! I will have to find a way to watch this one.  Where is it being played?

Shreveport.  I assume PA will live stream it.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: PA Dad on December 12, 2016, 10:18:48 am
Shreveport.  I assume PA will live stream it.

I drove down in 2009 to watch Shiloh play... It was ugly, we had a mostly sophomore team.  But won the next year in Springdale by the skin of our teeth...

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on December 12, 2016, 09:59:56 am
Yea, and that Highland Park team you denigrated last year is in the Texas 6A II championship game this year!  They improved a lot in one year!

They did. We both know last year was a down year for them. Winning state this year doesn't show they were good last year? I don't think so anyway.

Razorback Red

Highland Park did have a great season and made the title game, but they had to move down a class this year.  They are playing in the 5AD1 title game vs Temple.  Last year they were 6A, but moved down with the reclassification.  The 6A title games are D1, The Woodlands vs Lake Travis and D2, Desoto vs Steele. 

Big difference between TX 5A and 6A. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 11:01:54 am
They did. We both know last year was a down year for them. Winning state this year doesn't show they were good last year? I don't think so anyway.
If PA beat the Giants, MDX would tell you how overrated Eli Manning is.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 12, 2016, 01:38:46 pm
If PA beat the Giants, MDX would tell you how overrated Eli Manning is.

Terrible team and player to pick. He does have a couple of super bowls though. Kelley does a good job with the schedule. Playing Evangel next year is smart. They get blown out in the early games then run through the rest of their schedule.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 01:59:26 pm
Terrible team and player to pick. He does have a couple of super bowls though. Kelley does a good job with the schedule. Playing Evangel next year is smart. They get blown out in the early games then run through the rest of their schedule.

At the Evangel stadium they have large banners hanging of all  their NFL players... Then the classrooms around the school are in doublewides...

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 01:59:26 pm
That's right. PA only plays out of conference teams that appear to be good, but actually aren't.  Everyone knew Highland Park's 16 year home winning streak was going to be broken the first game of 15, PA was just lucky to be the ones that happened to be on the schedule that night.

But you can't say the Giants are terrible until PA schedules them, that's what makes them bad.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 12, 2016, 02:20:37 pm
That's right. PA only plays out of conference teams that appear to be good, but actually aren't.  Everyone knew Highland Park's 16 year home winning streak was going to be broken the first game of 15, PA was just lucky to be the ones that happened to be on the schedule that night.

But you can't say the Giants are terrible until PA schedules them, that's what makes them bad.

Even HP knew they were going to lose at home that night! That's why their coach tried to cancel the game lol. You can argue it all you want, but HP was not the typical HP last year. However, when they came and beat y'all two years ago, they may have been pretty good. This is why people get frustrated with PA fans....even when something is extremely obvious, they can't admit it! HP was not very good last year...

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 02:57:33 pm
Even HP knew they were going to lose at home that night! That's why their coach tried to cancel the game lol. You can argue it all you want, but HP was not the typical HP last year. However, when they came and beat y'all two years ago, they may have been pretty good. This is why people get frustrated with PA fans....even when something is extremely obvious, they can't admit it! HP was not very good last year...

I don't think it really matters now, does it? ::)

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on December 12, 2016, 03:11:39 pm
I don't think it really matters now, does it? ::)

It certainly does not.

freethrow

Actually in 5A -D1 final against Temple
12:00 Saturday at Jerry World

FD4

Meanwhile back in cottonpatch country, Wynne is doing its best to make it back to the Rock for yet another shot at PA hopefully. CH seems to think we will be better next year than this.  Heck, I thought you couldn't do any better than what we did.  Time will tell though.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 02:57:33 pm
I forget that if you lose to PA by definition you aren't very good. HP went 9-1 in the regular season last year in the 6A of Texas. PA held them 18 points below their next fewest points. So they did kind of suck.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 12, 2016, 05:31:11 pm
I forget that if you lose to PA by definition you aren't very good. HP went 9-1 in the regular season last year in the 6A of Texas. PA held them 18 points below their next fewest points. So they did kind of suck.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to boast a little more to everyone, have at it. It's not like the perception can get worse for y'all.

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 05:49:59 pm
Whatever you need to tell yourself to boast a little more to everyone, have at it. It's not like the perception can get worse for y'all.
Not gonna get in the middle of this but I have to say that this year the PA posters were not nearly as boastful as a couple other schools. They talked and bragged right up until they got their big plate of crow. And
I never thought I'd see KK not try and score for an entire qtr , but he did show mercy on the 4th qtr of championship game. I knocked him last year but I will recognize him not throwing and scoring when he obviously could have.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 05:49:59 pm
It's just that your act, which is all that it is, gets old. I know my admission of this makes you happy.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on December 12, 2016, 07:54:35 pm
Not gonna get in the middle of this but I have to say that this year the PA posters were not nearly as boastful as a couple other schools. They talked and bragged right up until they got their big plate of crow. And
I never thought I'd see KK not try and score for an entire qtr , but he did show mercy on the 4th qtr of championship game. I knocked him last year but I will recognize him not throwing and scoring when he obviously could have.

Thanks voice.  I think Kelley was truly stung by the criticism last year.  I was also glad to see him call off the dogs this year.  In my view a 7 point win is as good as a 30 point win.  You're the champion either way.  That's all that matters.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 12, 2016, 08:01:52 pm
It's just that your act, which is all that it is, gets old. I know my admission of this makes you happy.

My thoughts about private schools and athletics is not an act. You know that though.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2016, 08:23:04 pm
My thoughts about private schools and athletics is not an act. You know that though.
Your posts about PA's schedule is though. You know that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas