• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenland @ Lamar

Started by Warriors023, October 05, 2018, 10:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTruth2010

If Lamar wins by 21 plus, then maybe some people will believe the hype. Then again if they lose it'll be the same old mediocre team we've seen the last few years. I honestly, haven't really seen anything to make me believe this years team is better than last years. Our schedule has been dramatically easier to this point. Last year we played Mt. Ida who is better than Danville, Clarksville who is better than westside and Atkins who is probably better than any team we have played so far. If we would have played last years schedule to this point it's possible we would have a couple losses.

xadboy

Lamar's defense is by far better than last years team. Don't think you can compare last years team to this one. Two totally different teams. Also this year Lamar doesn't make no where near the mistakes that they made last year. Another reason it's hard to make that comparison.

TheTruth2010

We will see, I hope you are right. We have been mercy ruling teams that everyone has been mercy ruling. This week we will find out what we are made of for sure.

xadboy

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 10, 2018, 06:49:23 pm
We will see, I hope you are right. We have been mercy ruling teams that everyone has been mercy ruling. This week we will find out what we are made of for sure.
Marcy ruling.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 10, 2018, 06:49:23 pm

Good. It's time to find out.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on October 10, 2018, 06:46:25 pm
Lamar's defense is by far better than last years team. Don't think you can compare last years team to this one. Two totally different teams.

IMHO, this year's team is much more mature than last year's, which stands to reason. More consistency (except for the Danville game).

CatPride

gitrdone

As a Bearcat fan, I can't wait till week 9, paybacks are coming

xadboy

Quote from: gitrdone on October 10, 2018, 08:22:23 pm
As a Bearcat fan, I can't wait till week 9, paybacks are coming
Paybacks? Care to enlighten us?

xadboy

Quote from: CatPride on October 10, 2018, 08:13:26 pm
I don't think she will be there this week.
I was correcting thetruth on how to spell Marcy not mercy.

xadboy

What's up Booneville? Shouldn't you worry about Friday night? Can anyone from Greenland stand up and say something?

Warriors023

October 10, 2018, 11:06:24 pm #61 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:12:05 pm by Warriors023
It's funny that booneville is already reading up on Lamar? It's like they're scared or something? Anyway, I see lamar pulling out all the stops that have been in place all season. They're a talent laden team and they have yet to use close to all of it.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 10, 2018, 11:06:24 pm
They're a talent laden team and they have yet to use close to all of it.

That about sums it up.
At least the players won't be working up as much of a sweat this Friday. FINALLY football weather is here.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 11, 2018, 10:56:31 am #63 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:03:06 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
I am hoping now to make the game in person. I had planned to travel to southeast Alabama this weekend, but Michael sort of took care of that.

Time to make some noise.

Carljung

Lamar is good. This won't be much of a game. Lamar by 21

jazdill

If Lamar gets away from what the identity of this team has been to this point it will be because of panic and desperation.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: jazdill on October 11, 2018, 12:18:23 pm
If Lamar gets away from what the identity of this team has been to this point it will be because of panic and desperation.

And at 6-0 I don't see much reason to panic.

jazdill

Quote from: xadboy on October 10, 2018, 09:02:48 pm

2015-10-09 Booneville vs Lamar   L, 7 - 54

xadboy

Quote from: jazdill on October 11, 2018, 12:35:13 pm
2015-10-09 Booneville vs Lamar   L, 7 - 54
Guess the cats are drinking sour milk!

beach bum

Quote from: Carljung on October 11, 2018, 11:34:05 am
Lamar is good. This won't be much of a game. Lamar by 21

I hope this happens.... But something has me convinced this one is going to be close and intense.

macadoshis

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 10, 2018, 11:06:24 pm
It's funny that booneville is already reading up on Lamar? It's like they're scared or something? Anyway, I see lamar pulling out all the stops that have been in place all season. They're a talent laden team and they have yet to use close to all of it.
I don't see Booneville being scared of any team in the 3A let alone in our conference.  I don't know what Lamar has in the arsenal that they would be holding back.  And if for some reason that is the case and week 7 is the week to pull it out and give it a try, who's to say it's gonna work?  I think they play like they've been playing.  There is definitely a ton of talent on this team.   Anxious to see how Lamar reacts if the game is back and forth and comes down to the wire.   I'll definitely be there for this one. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 11, 2018, 04:41:31 pm
I don't see Booneville being scared of any team in the 3A let alone in our conference.

Definitely not anyone in this part of the state, if they don't have any more injuries.

Hitman Warrior23

Gotta go Warriors Josh and His Team will get it done! Prayers for safe travels to Greenland!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 11, 2018, 05:25:44 pm
Gotta go Warriors Josh and His Team will get it done! Prayers for safe travels to Greenland!
Look who came out of retirement lol

knownothingboutfallball

[/quote
The fact that Jones ran it up on a down cats team which is fine take a advantage while you can I guess

xadboy

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 11, 2018, 09:04:24 pm
[/quote
The fact that Jones ran it up on a down cats team which is fine take a advantage while you can I guess
Well if your first string can't stop the second string from scoring 18 points in the second half then I guess you can call that running it up.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 11, 2018, 09:04:24 pm
[/quote
I haven't really been super impressed with Booneville anyways. I don't think they are world beaters like some of y'all think. No way Booneville beats Lamar by 40 plus.

gitrdone

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 11, 2018, 11:37:55 pm
I haven't really been super impressed with Booneville anyways. I don't think they are world beaters like some of y'all think. No way Booneville beats Lamar by 40 plus.

Let's deal with Greenland first. That will be enough of a job for this week.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 12, 2018, 08:07:31 am
Let's deal with Greenland first. That will be enough of a job for this week.
I think that part is up to the players and coaches lol

MICHAELSPAPPY

Even if it is not raining, the field will be wet. Who will that favor?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 12, 2018, 11:42:21 am
Even if it is not raining, the field will be wet. Who will that favor?
In my experience, a wet field tends to favor the team with the best straight ahead rushing game. While Greenland rushes 2 1/2 times as often as they pass, their yardage is only 55/45, which means the passing attack is very important. On the other hand, Lamar is overwhelmingly run-oriented. Although I have not seen them play, I would expect a wet field to favor Lamar.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 11, 2018, 05:47:40 pm
Look who came out of retirement lol

:) been posting on the basketball  been waiting on this week, especially after the Ctown upset.  Was gonna go but got get my Ninja some court time to get ready for a showcase tomorrow.  but ill be gettimg updates.

TheTruth2010

It's a real shame that only like 5 people show up to watch Greenland play. Wow

Warriors023

With 5:25 left in the first, 7-0 warriors ball. Warriors force a 3&out, have the ball on their own 47

Clara Allen

Warriors023

Lamar's defense is holding strong, don't think Greenland has over 100 total yards.

TheTruth2010

Will Marcy actually show up tonight!?

HorseFeathers

5 drives for Greenland.... 3 3 and outs and only 1 first down(time ran out in 5th drive)....Maybe I missed a drive tho...

Loving the hb draws on 3rd down by Greenland...smh lol

TheTruth2010

There's no way Greenland has close to 100 yards

Warriors023

Trying to get MaxPreps to load up

HorseFeathers

Greenland may have 50...and half of those on that last play ...

Warriors023

9:34 in 3rd
Lamar: 25
Greenland: 0
Warriors defense is insane tonight

HorseFeathers

Y'all always get those fumbled tosses called as incompletes? LOL

Greenland fans were pretty angry, not that it affected anything haha

TheTruth2010

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 08:27:00 pm
Y'all always get those fumbled tosses called as incompletes? LOL

Greenland fans were pretty angry, not that it affected anything haha
Its a forward pass...anything tossed in front of the qb is a pass.

Warriors023

7:29 in the 3rd
Greenland 13
Lamar 25
Lamar came out flatter than a pancake in the second half.

Warriors023

End of 3
Lamar 25
Greenland 13

xadboy

Lamar 33 Greenland 13 11:52 in the 4th

Warriors023

10:07 in 4th
Lamar 33
Greenland 20

Warriors023

6:12 in the 4th