• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PC Schedule

Started by eldofan, June 29, 2018, 01:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eldofan

According to max preps they scheduled PB Dollarway in place of Hermitage on Oct 19.

old.dole

PC fan

Just Heard we are now looking for an assistant Football/Baseball coach..  Coach Vencent has left for the DC job at Hazen..

eldofan

Rida4Life

I hear the staff has been reshuffled.  New coach has been hired.  My understanding that another coach was promoted back to DC. 
Also, word is Mayflower is now on the schedule to fill one of the voids left by the 8 man deserters.

eldofan

Wow it's going to be tough to get 4 wins with that schedule. Coach sure isn't backing down from competition

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on July 24, 2018, 07:44:09 am
Wow it's going to be tough to get 4 wins with that schedule. Coach sure isn't backing down from competition
Oh ye of little faith..... you don't get better by scheduling little sisters of the poor. 
From what i've been told, this new defense fits their athletes a little better.  Expect them to be more gap sound.  We already know Midyett's offense can score points.
Numbers will be the issue.  If the boys will commit to being there and doing what is asked of them then the Trojans will be fine.

eldofan

I have faith and agree with the upgrade . Hopefully we can get the numbers up bc depth will be a factor playing the bigger schools

eldofan

July 25, 2018, 03:07:05 pm #8 Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:19:30 pm by eldofan
Just saw Mayflower is a home game sept 14. Looking at my hootens book they have a lot of 2 way players like us.

old.dole

They got two twin studs. I love when teams go out and schedule tough opponents. You don't get better beating people 40+ points. You get better in those tight hard fought games

eldofan

Those kids will be hard to contain. Both 4.5 speedsters I hear

eldofan

I read where Pc had 22 to 23 kids out yesterday with 2 out due to illness. About what spring game numbers were at 24

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on July 25, 2018, 04:14:30 pm
They got two twin studs. I love when teams go out and schedule tough opponents. You don't get better beating people 40+ points. You get better in those tight hard fought games
You're right.  I've said it before about CHG....we didn't have to keep playing Prescott & Smackover and scrimmaging vs JC every year, but we did.  My son went 1-2 vs the Curleywolves, but he said beating them as a sophomore at their place in '15 was one of the most memorable games of his career.  Also played a two game series vs Glen Rose, which we lost both times in close competitive games.  You don't get better by playing notably weak teams.  Good luck to PC this year.

old.dole

Yes I believe that schedule made the grove kids a lot better and better prepared them for the competition they would see come playoff time

eldofan

Hopefully we can avoid the injury bug bc we are thin with depth.

Rida4Life

I just was told that every Sr. High Trojan was at practice today. 

eldofan

Are u saying every male that's a senior at the school ?

bleudog

July 31, 2018, 02:34:00 pm #17 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:38:19 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Rida4Life on July 31, 2018, 11:12:12 am

That's good to hear. 

I had heard PC didn't send very many to the team camp earlier this month.

eldofan

Was only 5 seniors on the team at the spring game. 1 OL, 1 Rb/Lb, and 3 receivers who will play some in the defensive backfield

sickwillie

Quote from: Rida4Life on July 31, 2018, 11:12:12 am
Did you get that word from the mayor!

Rida4Life

bleudog

Quote from: sickwillie on July 31, 2018, 03:23:10 pm
Did you get that word from the mayor!

I thought the mayor was working for Smackover these days.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bleudog on July 31, 2018, 04:13:45 pm
I thought the mayor was working for Smackover these days.
You must be talking about Herman Munster.  He threw me out of a peewee game at PC one time because I wouldn't go sit in the bleachers.  I was standing on the grass around the end zone and he said that wasn't allowed.  Total BS.  I didn't go quietly.  :)

sickwillie

But you went. I guarantee it

HG Hornet

dragondad

Coach / Mr Gross is a good man...... but he runs that place and he ain't putting up with no bull stuff.

THA TRUTH

About to come over and help smackover get it back together again

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 31, 2018, 08:43:25 pm
About to come over and help smackover get it back together again

Again, again!

The_Wesson_Blessin

I remember a basketball game back in the day when we went over there, kind of a rough play under the goal, hard foul by one of the Trojans I believe. Two students tried to run out of the bleachers right past ole Mr. Gross. I swear I've never seen a man move faster. Went from an arms folded position and snatched one by the back of the shirt like the Hand of God came down and grabbed him and threw him back into the gym lobby. Greatest moment we ever had in that gym....other than watching James Anderson drop 40 on ole Laymon's defense.  8) ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas