• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooters top 10

Started by mr.gametime, June 21, 2016, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

Hooters...lol (A.K.A..the other guy) top 10

1. England
2. Rison
3. Hector
4. Mount ida
5. McCrory
6. Danville
7. Des Arc
8. C. Harmony Grove
9. Magnet Cove
10.Earle

Ventman

WPWells

Quote from: Ventman on June 21, 2016, 06:21:35 pm
The 5 is looking stout

Do you base your opinion of a conference on how Hootens ranks the teams preseason?

Hornet4ever

The fact that Hootens has Hampton and Bearden in the top 20 shows that they are absolutely clueless when it comes to 2A ball. I don't like them now and never have liked them.

Ventman

Well I saw England play several times last year, they are your number one until they get beat by a 2A team. I believe Hector played Rison last year in the playoffs and gave them all they wanted. So no I don't base my opinions on Hootens.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on June 21, 2016, 07:11:10 pm
Well I saw England play several times last year, they are your number one until they get beat by a 2A team. I believe Hector played Rison last year in the playoffs and gave them all they wanted. So no I don't base my opinions on Hootens.

Hootens = Losers.

WPWells

Quote from: Ventman on June 21, 2016, 07:11:10 pm

I screwed up...I was thinking the 6 not the 5. Sorry!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 21, 2016, 07:08:32 pm
The fact that Hootens has Hampton and Bearden in the top 20 shows that they are absolutely clueless when it comes to 2A ball. I don't like them now and never have liked them.

More surprising than that is listing Rison #2 after loosing 15 + - sr's. 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 21, 2016, 07:52:19 pm
More surprising than that is listing Rison #2 after loosing 15 + - sr's.

Hootens will not dethrone someone unless they lose. They don't look into it. I mean people they picked Magnet Cove over England last season come on.

mr.gametime

He has Des Arc ranked number 7 in the state..but got them picked to finish 3rd in conference behind Carlisle..which is not even in the top 10

Ventman

Coaches vote on the conference outcomes

mr.gametime

Really didnt know that

bigworm

Finally! Finally! Something other than hot women comments!!

Hornet4ever

Where are the Danville fans

bigworm

I believe you could put England, Hector, and Danville in the top 3 in any order. I also, believe Des arc will be right there in the end. A few of these top 10s are head scratches for sure.

Lacerta agilis

If Danville is the 6th best team in 2A, then the 2A will be very stout this year. The Little Johns return a lot from the team that gave HA their toughest playoff challenge last year. They also have a very solid Sophomore group moving up. I'm definitely not an expert on 2A ball, but I suspect Danville is ranked a tad low.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on June 22, 2016, 12:43:01 pm
If Danville is the 6th best team in 2A, then the 2A will be very stout this year. The Little Johns return a lot from the team that gave HA their toughest playoff challenge last year. They also have a very solid Sophomore group moving up. I'm definitely not an expert on 2A ball, but I suspect Danville is ranked a tad low.

completely agree, actually suprised to see them ranked outside of top 2

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 21, 2016, 10:38:34 pm
Where are the Danville fans
i am here.  Just reading up on things.  Haven't gotten a Hootens yet, but Danville should be very solid this year.  They were just one running back injury from beating HA in my opinion, but that was last year.  If they can replace the linemen they lost, the skill positions are ready to really be productive and returning to their 2A home is nice.  I am excited!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 21, 2016, 06:03:03 pm
Hooters...lol (A.K.A..the other guy) top 10

1. England
2. Rison
3. Hector
4. Mount ida
5. McCrory
6. Danville
7. Des Arc
8. C. Harmony Grove
9. Magnet Cove
10.Earle

1....I can agree with
2. rison...tradition, but didn't they lose basically everything?
3. Hector...defense may be suspect but should be able to score tons of points
4. mount ida...I'll have to research them, thought they were senior Laden last year?
5. Mccrory....state title aura? I thought they lost everything as well..
6. Danville....could very well and up hoisting a trophy in LR next year, should be ranked higher
7. Des Arc...obviously pick hasn't seen this ranking yet 8)
8. C. harmony groce....if they moved down a year earlier with the Parham kid, then they'd probably be in the top 5...
9. magnet cove...never the most talented, but we'll coaches and always a tough out
10. Earle....no preaeason world champ posts yet out of the dogpound?

Hornet4ever

Pick_DA_EAGLES

June 22, 2016, 01:45:22 pm #20 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:53:18 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 01:11:24 pm
1....I can agree with
2. rison...tradition, but didn't they lose basically everything?
3. Hector...defense may be suspect but should be able to score tons of points
4. mount ida...I'll have to research them, thought they were senior Laden last year?
5. Mccrory....state title aura? I thought they lost everything as well..
6. Danville....could very well and up hoisting a trophy in LR next year, should be ranked higher
7. Des Arc...obviously pick hasn't seen this ranking yet 8)
8. C. harmony groce....if they moved down a year earlier with the Parham kid, then they'd probably be in the top 5...
9. magnet cove...never the most talented, but we'll coaches and always a tough out
10. Earle....no preaeason world champ posts yet out of the dogpound?

Oh, I've seen it. It's hootens, I don't put much thought in them.

Rison and mccrory to high, Danville too low, des arc about right, we did lose a big lineman last week because he was to lazy to run.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 22, 2016, 01:45:22 pm

Rison and mccrory to high, Danville too low, des arc about right, we did lose a big lineman last week because he was to lazy to run.

We had some of those when I was in school. Kids with a lot of potential, big and strong. Just want to sit in the A/C all summer and do nothing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 22, 2016, 01:57:27 pm
We had some of those when I was in school. Kids with a lot of potential, big and strong. Just want to sit in the A/C all summer and do nothing.

sitting in the A/C all day has its perks

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 22, 2016, 01:45:22 pm

what do yoi think of the coaches poll then?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 01:58:06 pm
sitting in the A/C all day has its perks

Now now.... A little heat exhaustion never hurt anyone. ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 22, 2016, 02:40:59 pm

just a little bit though

Hornet4ever

This top 10 from Hootens is just speculation. Earle beat Hazen 60-14 last season at the first of the year and everyone couldn't believe it. Then Earle got pounced first round and Hazen made it to the 3rd round. It's fun to speculate and look at, but doesn't mean jack.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 22, 2016, 03:07:12 pm
This top 10 from Hootens is just speculation. Earle beat Hazen 60-14 last season at the first of the year and everyone couldn't believe it. Then Earle got pounced first round and Hazen made it to the 3rd round. It's fun to speculate and look at, but doesn't mean jack.

your just mad about hacketts ranking every year haha

BigLion10

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 22, 2016, 02:40:59 pm
shouldve done what I did wait till school started to join the team :D

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 03:15:17 pm
your just mad about hacketts ranking every year haha

Dude it wouldn't matter if Hackett had Darren McFadden on the team Hootens would still have us ranked low. I don't really care, if I would've told Hootens we would go to the second round last season and won 10 games they would have laughed me out of their office.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 01:59:04 pm
what do yoi think of the coaches poll then?

Haven't seen it HF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 22, 2016, 03:47:50 pm

Haven't seen it HF.

I mean for the conference
1. McCrory
2. Carlisle
3. des arc
4. p/w
5. hazen

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 04:14:02 pm
I mean for the conference
1. McCrory
2. Carlisle
3. des arc
4. p/w
5. hazen

I know mccrory had a bunch of players last year, but they lost more than Des Arc, certainly not buying carlisle at 2nd. I think it's a toss up, but I like des arc's chances of winning it.

heavyhittaz_7

I haven't got to get a book yet, but how does hootens have the 8aa ranked?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on June 22, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
I haven't got to get a book yet, but how does hootens have the 8aa ranked?

Rison
harmony groce
Bearden
hermit age
parkers chapel
hampton
strong
woodlawn

WPWells

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2016, 04:53:15 pm
Rison
harmony groce
Bearden
hermit age
parkers chapel
hampton
strong
woodlawn

Lol bearden

Hornet4ever

Seriously just now noticed the title of this thread is Hooters.

Lol.

mtindian42

I give hootens a hard time... They do there best and have some nice video footage.

Eslim03

I can't find the predictions for 2016 on-line so I was wondering if anyone knows the predicted order of finish for the 7-2a conference?

mr.gametime

Quote from: Eslim03 on June 23, 2016, 09:04:48 am
I can't find the predictions for 2016 on-line so I was wondering if anyone knows the predicted order of finish for the 7-2a conference?

1.mount ida
2. Lafayette County
3. Dierks
4. Murfreesboro
5. Foreman
6. Mineral Springs
7. Spring Hill
8. Mountain Pine

jazdill

Danville will be tough to handle in 2a this season. The 3-4a has made them much better the past seasons. Plenty of talent, strong soph. group with numbers better than most 3a schools. If memory is correct I believe 27 freshman moving up from last season jr high. Do not figure there is many, if any kids playing 2a football on Friday nights faster than one of those soph. Madding was a playmaker in the 3-4a, he will be a superstar in his new conf.

seeya

Quote from: jazdill on June 23, 2016, 01:01:26 pm
Danville will be tough to handle in 2a this season. The 3-4a has made them much better the past seasons. Plenty of talent, strong soph. group with numbers better than most 3a schools. If memory is correct I believe 27 freshman moving up from last season jr high. Do not figure there is many, if any kids playing 2a football on Friday nights faster than one of those soph. Madding was a playmaker in the 3-4a, he will be a superstar in his new conf.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: jazdill on June 23, 2016, 01:01:26 pm

Yee Haw

Eslim03

Thanks mr.gametime for the info. Although I figured that to be the order of finish predictions by most. You guys don't know about the storm cloud brewing in the southwest corner of the state.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Eslim03 on June 24, 2016, 03:52:40 pm
Thanks mr.gametime for the info. Although I figured that to be the order of finish predictions by most. You guys don't know about the storm cloud brewing in the southwest corner of the state.

Elaborate

Eslim03

Not sure where we measure up in the state but the talent is here. We have been down for years but this will be the year it turns around. We lost a great coach to Harding Academy duh!! Then we hired another great coach maybe coincidence maybe not time will tell. This is just one fans opinion but foreman is absolutely top three in 7-2a.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Eslim03 on June 24, 2016, 04:31:12 pm
Not sure where we measure up in the state but the talent is here. We have been down for years but this will be the year it turns around. We lost a great coach to Harding Academy duh!! Then we hired another great coach maybe coincidence maybe not time will tell. This is just one fans opinion but foreman is absolutely top three in 7-2a.

Sweet

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eslim03 on June 24, 2016, 04:31:12 pm

I vaguely remember the last time foreman was relevant, think a kid named cursh was their stud back that year....

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 24, 2016, 06:11:56 pm
I vaguely remember the last time foreman was relevant, think a kid named cursh was their stud back that year....

Why is your name Horsefeathers now.

The HF was so iconic...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 24, 2016, 07:07:11 pm
Why is your name Horsefeathers now.

The HF was so iconic...

was time for a change.....may reduce it back to HF by august

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas