• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks coaching job

Started by hoggystyle, May 23, 2016, 01:32:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggystyle

The last I heard Dierks only had 3 applicants with one of those pulling himself out. Springhill just filled their vacancy after having 35 applicants and narrowing it down to 3. Sounds to me like the people with a little leverage need to up the ante a little....... 2 fricking applicants, you gotta be kidding me.

RabidWolf

Someone said dierks is dropping to 1a? Are they dropping the football program?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: hoggystyle on May 23, 2016, 01:32:54 am
The last I heard Dierks only had 3 applicants with one of those pulling himself out. Springhill just filled their vacancy after having 35 applicants and narrowing it down to 3. Sounds to me like the people with a little leverage need to up the ante a little....... 2 fricking applicants, you gotta be kidding me.

No way that job only has three applicants.  I do not believe that for a second.  Supportive community, competitive program, no way there aren't more in the mix for that position.

purpleswag

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on May 23, 2016, 12:34:42 pm
No way that job only has three applicants.  I do not believe that for a second.  Supportive community, competitive program, no way there aren't more in the mix for that position.

Isn't it kinda in the middle of no where?

hoggystyle

Not dropping the football program. Middle of nowhere if that's what you consider 20 miles from DeQueen and Nashville, and about 60 miles from Texarkana and Hot Springs. As for the only 2 applicants, my sources are reliable unless they had a rush over the weekend. Maybe some of those that didn't get the coaching job at Springhill should put in at Dierks.

tellitlikeitis

My reliable source says they have 10 applicants at last count and 1 dropped out. Now the question is who has the most reliable source  ;D..... Dierks will stay 2A in football.....1A in other sports....Check out new conferences for 2016 on AAA website............

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on May 23, 2016, 01:47:17 pm
My reliable source says they have 10 applicants at last count and 1 dropped out. Now the question is who has the most reliable source  ;D..... Dierks will stay 2A in football.....1A in other sports....Check out new conferences for 2016 on AAA website............

I know mine arrived about Monday.    I called and confirmed it was there.

Big Boy

Hoggystyle, I'm hearing about the same as you are.  I've heard 3 applicants, 1 withdrawn, and 1 showing interest.  This was as of late last week.  I heard this morning that a decision is expected mid-week this week.  If this is true, the applicant pool is not very deep at all in terms of numbers only. 

mtindian42

Dayton kitchens still got a chance?

Cheek

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 25, 2016, 06:01:50 am
Dayton kitchens still got a chance?

Like Dumb and Dumber.   "So your telling me there is a chance".  This is the best odds he has had so far.   

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Cheek on May 25, 2016, 07:07:30 am
Like Dumb and Dumber.   "So your telling me there is a chance".  This is the best odds he has had so far.   

Care to explain that comment?

purpleswag

Quote from: hoggystyle on May 23, 2016, 01:09:32 pm
Not dropping the football program. Middle of nowhere if that's what you consider 20 miles from DeQueen and Nashville, and about 60 miles from Texarkana and Hot Springs. As for the only 2 applicants, my sources are reliable unless they had a rush over the weekend. Maybe some of those that didn't get the coaching job at Springhill should put in at Dierks.

yes i do call that the middle of nowhere

BLUEBLOOD

Just an observation:  don't believe everything you hear..............

Cheek

May 25, 2016, 12:07:39 pm #13 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:09:11 pm by Cheek
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 25, 2016, 08:41:58 am
Care to explain that comment?

Since you have applied for every head coaching job that has been open, but are still an Asst.Coach.   If there are only 2-3 applicants, this is your best chance of getting a Head Coaching job. 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Cheek on May 25, 2016, 12:07:39 pm
Since you have applied for every head coaching job that has been open, but are still an Asst.Coach.   If there are only 2-3 applicants, this is your best chance of getting a Head Coaching job. 

Head football coach at any level is one of the rarest positions in Arkansas.      They are exceedingly difficult to get until you already have head coaching experience.

AmSycho

May 25, 2016, 02:48:09 pm #15 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:51:52 pm by AmSycho
How much coaching experience have you got? I never thought about it, but I've always seen your name commenting about jobs. (That sounds negative, but I assure you that I'm not meaning to be) Head coaching spots aren't unobtainable by any means. If you have the knowledge, experience, and charisma. Also, it helps if you know people.

hoggystyle

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 25, 2016, 09:40:30 am
Just an observation:  don't believe everything you hear..............

So, what info do have for me ol wise one?

hoggystyle

If it's the fact that we made it up to four applicants and have scheduled 3 interviews, with 2 of those already have taken place.....that's still pretty disappointing. :o :o

mtindian42

Hire Dayton kitchens and be done with it...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AmSycho on May 25, 2016, 02:48:09 pm
How much coaching experience have you got? I never thought about it, but I've always seen your name commenting about jobs. (That sounds negative, but I assure you that I'm not meaning to be) Head coaching spots aren't unobtainable by any means. If you have the knowledge, experience, and charisma. Also, it helps if you know people.

10 years as assistant football coach.   Plus three years each as Softball coach and girls track coach.

tacklethis...

Quote from: purpleswag on May 25, 2016, 09:12:43 am
yes i do call that the middle of nowhere

Where are you from?

stuck in between

If the information in this thread is indeed factual the overall lack of interest in this job has me somewhat puzzled. With Dierks only having two sub .500 regular seasons in the last 15 years and only two years removed from being conference champion I would think more people would be jumping at this job. With the 7-2A lacking strength 2-3 conference wins will all but guarantee a play-off birth. I realize student enrollment puts Dierks near the bottom of the 2-A classification so the numbers might not be appealing, but they are not too far off from the next 3-4 schools they would be competing with (Spring Hill, Foreman, Mt. Pine, Mineral Springs). I am not a conspiracy theorist, but with the last coach having as much success as he did to up and move to a less than mediocre Horatio, and very little interest being showed by others to replace him I wonder if there is full support of the administration?
     Coaching is almost like a brotherhood, word gets out about certain things. Good luck to the Outlaw faithful. Hope you guys find a qualified candidate.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: hoggystyle on May 25, 2016, 03:02:31 pm
So, what info do have for me ol wise one?

The actual number of applicants is confidential.  What you hear on the street may be true and it may not.....other than Dayton confirming he has applied. 

Dayton Kitchens

My dream is to coach at Dierks for the next 19 years.    Until 2035.    And of course win a handful of titles along the way.   Then I can retire with a full pension and a ring for every finger (for one hand anyway).

and of course along the way change how Cold War history is taught.

skydiver

Wow!!   Just wow!!  That's the only explanation I can come up with for all of these posts. 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 26, 2016, 08:40:48 am
My dream is to coach at Dierks for the next 19 years.    Until 2035.    And of course win a handful of titles along the way.   Then I can retire with a full pension and a ring for every finger (for one hand anyway).

and of course along the way change how Cold War history is taught.

Someone hire this fella.

Beaver Fever

I think he would have a hard time getting hired if he was the only applicant.

Beaver Fever

Dayton check bauxite, you might have a chance there

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Beaver Fever on May 26, 2016, 11:54:37 am
Dayton check bauxite, you might have a chance there

The assistant coaching job?     Yeah I applied for it.    The location and facilities are quite nice.

NextYear

Word on the street is today is the day Dierks finds out !! Also heard its a home run hire !!

skydiver

The street is probably wrong again.  Don't think it's gonna happen today.  It's raining now and we don't do business on rainy days around here.  Supposed to rain again tomorrow so that makes Monday the earliest.  Supposed to rain then too.  May be August before it is all settled and the rain is gone. ;D ;D

NextYear

Your right the street is what ran the last one off. Prolly have to hire with in

mtindian42

Hire DK and you will be set for the next 19 years...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 26, 2016, 02:57:31 pm
Hire DK and you will be set for the next 19 years...

Well played MTINDIAN

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: NextYear on May 26, 2016, 02:18:54 pm
Your right the street is what ran the last one off. Prolly have to hire with in

I'm no "newbie" to Dierks football and I certainly don't think the "street" ran off Coach Bennett.  First off, I don't think Coach Bennett "ran off" at all.  He is getting close to that magical retirement number and if the "street" had their figures right he was able to improve his financial preparations for retirement. 

If the "street" bothers a coach too much, he/she may be in the wrong profession.

beach bum

Rumor is they got the Stuttgart coach.... That is very surprising if true!

BlueBrother

Very interesting! If true, a very good hire. IMO.

coachsearch

Are they announcing it tonight

Beaver Fever

How is that a good hire?

skydiver

The sun came out this afternoon and I was wrong. Just another day in paradise.  ::)

BlueBrother

Quote from: Beaver Fever on May 26, 2016, 07:28:46 pm
How is that a good hire?

Seems to be a good coach. Went 20-5 at Mineral Springs in his two seasons there. Only time will tell, but his record looks pretty good to me.

XFalkonz

Odds on how long he stays there...wonder if he will make it through the summer before he finds another job

AirWarren

He couldn't win at Stuttgart. He did a lousy job actually. Not a home run hire.

mtindian42

Should of hired up and coming DK...he promised to deliver 5 💍💍💍💍💍

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 26, 2016, 08:58:50 pm
Should of hired up and coming DK...he promised to deliver 5 💍💍💍💍💍

Actually 4.   One doesn't normally wear one on the thumb.

BlueBrother

May have missed out by not hiring DK. Not only the rings, but the Cold War history lessons!

Lumberjackfan1978

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on May 26, 2016, 09:45:30 pm
Hey 4 is great hire DK

Well I figured that David Carpenter can't be the only one who can deliver.

Lumberjackfan1978

I here you DK I think you're right there

The Ref

Quote from: AirWarren on May 26, 2016, 08:42:58 pm
He couldn't win at Stuttgart. He did a lousy job actually. Not a home run hire.
This, loads of talent, Stuttgart should've won a lot more games. Offense was very vanilla & predictable. He may do well be back at the 2A level though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas