• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 suprise team

Started by Hornet4ever, May 17, 2016, 01:59:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

THA TRUTH

Hornet4ever

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 02, 2016, 08:29:42 am
Hackett... Hahahahaha

Everybody notice. THA TRUTH makes a statement towards Hackett. Hoping to get me upset. Because he has nothing else better to do. What a loser.

THA TRUTH

And again u took the bait instead of ignoring lol

Hornet4ever

Backwoods Bart

July 12, 2016, 09:59:27 am #55 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:01:49 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: bear for life on May 28, 2016, 05:31:49 am
Man he not near the best linemen in state at all if it wasn't for his size he would not have but uam to play for he slow on his feet an lack strength

This still makes me laugh!

THA TRUTH

Majority of ur hopeful posts make me laugh

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 12, 2016, 01:09:05 pm
Majority of ur hopeful posts make me laugh

It's all about the X's & O's reasoning here TT, hope is for the weather!

THA TRUTH

The best bearden will get is the fourth seed and a first round exit nothing to talk about here

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 13, 2016, 10:02:40 am
The best bearden will get is the fourth seed and a first round exit nothing to talk about here

Bearden has a tough schedule the first 5 games beginning with:

09/02 JC in Bearden
09/09 in Hector
09/16 in Gurdon
09/23 Rison
09/30 at Hermitage
I really hate to say this, but the Bears could be 0-5 before Oct 1st ,unless the 17 Jr's. step up!

THA TRUTH

1-4 is the best they will do there

birddawg1986

I think Cross Co can be that team. They lost I believe between 14-19 SRs last year. They have a pretty good nucleus coming back, and a very good 10th grade group. Might be a sleeper.

2aball

Quote from: birddawg1986 on July 14, 2016, 02:37:55 pm
I think Cross Co can be that team. They lost I believe between 14-19 SRs last year. They have a pretty good nucleus coming back, and a very good 10th grade group. Might be a sleeper.

That's a lot of seniors. A lot of 2a teams only have a little over 20 total players, much less seniors. I know that CC has a good group of youngsters coming in though. It will be interesting to see how they perform. That 10th grade class has some players. They might stumble a little this year, but the next couple of years are looking bright for them.

beach bum

July 15, 2016, 08:38:16 pm #63 Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:41:52 pm by beach bum
Hackett will be the 2A sleeper this season. I predict they make it to the quarterfinals this season and make another step in the right direction as a program. I don't know if we are talking about sleepers as in win state? But, I guess I am throwing out a team that exceeds expectations of the rest of the state. If Hackett filled the week 3 opening it shows they have I would be very confident they get to 10 wins and possibly 11 if they were to get to the quarterfinals. I just don't see them losing in regular season except to Danville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 15, 2016, 08:38:16 pm
Hackett will be the 2A sleeper this season. I predict they make it to the quarterfinals this season and make another step in the right direction as a program. I don't know if we are talking about sleepers as in win state? But, I guess I am throwing out a team that exceeds expectations of the rest of the state. If Hackett filled the week 3 opening it shows they have I would be very confident they get to 10 wins and possibly 11 if they were to get to the quarterfinals. I just don't see them losing in regular season except to Danville.

Sleeper? Like actually asleep for this season?

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 15, 2016, 08:44:56 pm
Sleeper? Like actually asleep for this season?

Haha, I think they will stay awake until the day after Thanksgiving. All the turkey & a game against England, Danville, or Hector will put them to sleep that day.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 15, 2016, 08:46:11 pm
Haha, I think they will stay awake until the day after Thanksgiving. All the turkey & a game against England, Danville, or Hector will put them to sleep that day.

That post was for hornet4ever lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on July 15, 2016, 08:46:11 pm

Or whatever team from the 6 that they face.

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bigditchlion

Earle and Conway Christian are sleepers. Earle because they have the talent to be real good. Cc simply because they can pull some vilonia and Conway kids to come play, also they are well coached from what I have seen.

Hornet4ever

Hackett has the potential to go as far as they want. I've heard defense, linebackers especially will be the biggest issue. Offense will be as good if not better then last year. If our defense steps up, we will be dangerous.

bigworm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 18, 2016, 09:11:08 pm
Hackett has the potential to go as far as they want. I've heard defense, linebackers especially will be the biggest issue. Offense will be as good if not better then last year. If our defense steps up, we will be dangerous.

"As far as they want". Really? They that good? I assume they want to win the whole thing. I'm not saying they can't. Just asking are they that good?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bigworm on July 18, 2016, 11:23:46 pm
"As far as they want". Really? They that good? I assume they want to win the whole thing. I'm not saying they can't. Just asking are they that good?

Worm, I've been around Hackett for awhile. I played at Hackett and have watched a lot of Hackett teams. This team has the potential to go a long ways, and I'll be the first too say if I have doubts. I knew last year we were good, and thought we would have played McCrory better, but we didn't. This year, I'm confident in saying we have a chance. If the defense doesn't step up like they need too, and I'll know after the first couple of weeks, I will know and be confident to say we don't have it. The group of kids that are now in high school have lost around 4-5 games since sixth grade. They know how to win, and expect to win. I have high expectations. We will see how they stand come later on in the season.

greenBlasian

Danville returns to 2-A with a vengeance. After 4 hard long years in the impressive 3-A conference, the team is ready and the youngster's are filled with experience! Expect to see a bunch of sophomores in the inaugural year back to the dirty dirty.😂 Good luck to all the other 4-AA teams!

Bigditchlion

Don't think Danville will be a surprise to win the 4-2A.

Ventman

Sounds like Hackett has some big ole boys that are going to give the little johns all they can handle in the 4-2A.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on July 20, 2016, 09:16:57 am
Sounds like Hackett has some big ole boys that are going to give the little johns all they can handle in the 4-2A.

This is also odd for Hackett. Usually a smaller team, that has to have speed as a substitute. We have big guys on both lines this year. A refreshing sight... Lol

Ventman

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 20, 2016, 05:14:17 pm
This is also odd for Hackett. Usually a smaller team, that has to have speed as a substitute. We have big guys on both lines this year. A refreshing sight... Lol
I like those big ole linemen also.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 19, 2016, 06:46:00 pm
Don't think Danville will be a surprise to win the 4-2A.

the suprise is that the talent is homegrown...

baseball13

I WOULD SAY HAMPTON WOULD BE A SLEEPER THIS YEAR. I KNOW THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE FORM JR. HIGH TO SR. HIGH BUT DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THEY WIN A COUPLE GAMES THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO WIN.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

July 22, 2016, 03:52:10 pm #84 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:04:53 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: baseball13 on July 22, 2016, 12:45:06 pm
I WOULD SAY HAMPTON WOULD BE A SLEEPER THIS YEAR. I KNOW THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE FORM JR. HIGH TO SR. HIGH BUT DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THEY WIN A COUPLE GAMES THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO WIN.

If they win 2 games period, it will be a surprise.  They have only won 18 games in 11 seasons, so 2 wins would be above average and would be considered a successful season by their standards.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 22, 2016, 03:52:10 pm
If they win 2 games period, it will be a surprise.  They have only won 18 games in 11 seasons, so 2 wins r are would be above average and would be considered a successful season by their standars.

Strong and Woodlawn could be those two wins

Delta_Bravo

This Hampton team is real young they will have to start about 7 sophomores on both sides of the ball. We don't look to make a deep playoff run but I think they can get in and really that's a big step in the right direction for this young team

thabeast428

I think Hampton will do more than most think, just don't sleep on them

JC Guy

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on July 22, 2016, 04:52:30 pm
This Hampton team is real young they will have to start about 7 sophomores on both sides of the ball. We don't look to make a deep playoff run but I think they can get in and really that's a big step in the right direction for this young team
Well they have already taking a big step by fielding a team. I know it was junior high but they did beat JC so that shows some kids are coming through that have a desire to win. And before anybody has something to say about that you had to be in the stands the night they kicked a field goal against JC and the Hampton sidelines and stands erupted. That's not setting your sights very high when your down by 35. I hope they do surprise some people this year and I hope some people from Hampton are in the stands to see it. They have one of the nicest fields in south ar for 2A and hardly ever had more than two dozen in the stands when we traveled to play them.

Redandwhite

Clarendon will be surprise team this year they have the same jr high squad tht went 7-2 a year ago

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Redandwhite on July 24, 2016, 02:52:15 pm
Clarendon will be surprise team this year they have the same jr high squad tht went 7-2 a year ago

....moving up this years 9th graders to field a team?

magnetcove60

Magnet cove should be back to being at the top. After a rebuilding year last year, they have improved.

magnetcove60

Quote from: unbiased_fan on July 25, 2016, 08:37:56 am
Didn't they lose most of their skill?
Not really, they are replacing a QB and WR and the WR played CB to. Also replacing a Rb but we have a real good one in Zach Dunlap. Most of the starters are returning. They only graduated 5 seniors.

Bigditchlion

No question they are well coached!

Sweet-n-Sassy

Spring Hill might surprise some folks.  Whole new program McBride running--having results at the various camps.  Would love to see my Bears pull a few rabbits out of their hats!!  Can't wait for season to start.

Hornet4ever

Hackett had 38 kids today on opening day of summer practices. Great turn out!

Ventman

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 01, 2016, 07:16:32 pm
Hackett had 38 kids today on opening day of summer practices. Great turn out!
Thats awesome Hornet! Hackett has a great football atmosphere, good luck this season.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on August 01, 2016, 07:40:20 pm
Thats awesome Hornet! Hackett has a great football atmosphere, good luck this season.

Thanks! Good to luck to carlisle as well.

MomaLion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 24, 2016, 03:58:48 pm
....moving up this years 9th graders to field a team?
No, I believe he was speaking of the team year before last when Pannell was coach.  We lost at least one major player from that team to Marvell Academy.  We did have a few on last years team that will move up that had speed...if they have the desire, they will do well but some kids these days are so wishy washy. We will still be building this year i'm afraid.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: 2aball on July 14, 2016, 03:10:10 pm
That's a lot of seniors. A lot of 2a teams only have a little over 20 total players, much less seniors. I know that CC has a good group of youngsters coming in though. It will be interesting to see how they perform. That 10th grade class has some players. They might stumble a little this year, but the next couple of years are looking bright for them.
Viewing their practices, they have a lot of heart on this team. If they lose a game,  it wouldn't be because they didn't give it their all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas