• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong-Huttig?

Started by Rida4Life, May 16, 2016, 09:26:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

I heard over the weekend that the Strong FB and BB jobs are open..... anyone got any details?  Will they hire or is this how FB ends for Strong?

arkansasprepfootball

Job will be filled.

I am under impression Coach Avery is staying with Strong as AD and an administrator, just stepping away from basketball.  O'Neal is leaving the district.  I'm betting it'll be a difficult sell with the future of the district in the air.

Rida4Life

Would be a very difficult sell.  Losing kids to other districts and the future just doesn't look good.  Current situation has all athletics after school which further hurts participation.  Tough job.

Ventman

I hate to hear this, they are only a few years removed from a state title. I hope they can right the ship.

bleudog

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on May 16, 2016, 09:42:54 am
Job will be filled.

I am under impression Coach Avery is staying with Strong as AD and an administrator, just stepping away from basketball.  O'Neal is leaving the district.  I'm betting it'll be a difficult sell with the future of the district in the air.

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 16, 2016, 09:26:33 am
I heard over the weekend that the Strong FB and BB jobs are open..... anyone got any details?  Will they hire or is this how FB ends for Strong?

EDNT article on Anthony:  CLICK HERE

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bleudog on July 04, 2016, 08:28:23 am
EDNT article on Anthony:  CLICK HERE

Bluedog, in your opinion, how many more years do you think strong has left?

bleudog

Quote from: fann07 on July 04, 2016, 05:48:00 pm
Bluedog, in your opinion, how many more years do you think strong has left?

If they can't consistently keep the financial numbers and test scores up not long.  If they can keep those where they need to be the low enrollment can be overlooked.  The state administration's view on the magic number has changed.  Norphlet could have remained independent if they would have waited a little longer.  Strong is more isolated which could work in their favor. If it does go under the kids will probably end up in Crossett.  Most folks don't realize Strong borders on El Dorado's district and not JC's.  Between dwindling population, the Murphy/El Dorado Promise and white flight to Parkers Chapel, Strong's got a tough row to hoe.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bleudog on July 04, 2016, 10:10:26 pm
If they can't consistently keep the financial numbers and test scores up not long.  If they can keep those where they need to be the low enrollment can be overlooked.  The state administration's view on the magic number has changed.  Norphlet could have remained independent if they would have waited a little longer.  Strong is more isolated which could work in their favor. If it does go under the kids will probably end up in Crossett.  Most folks don't realize Strong borders on El Dorado's district and not JC's.  Between dwindling population, the Murphy/El Dorado Promise and white flight to Parkers Chapel, Strong's got a tough row to hoe.

What about the football situation? Any word on how it will look this year?

bleudog

Quote from: fann07 on July 04, 2016, 10:21:41 pm
What about the football situation? Any word on how it will look this year?

With a new coach there may be some system/personality challenges.  Strong usually has talent; just not very much bench.

From the article:  "The coach said between 10 and 15 athletes showed up for workouts before the dead period began. He expects to see 28 on July 11th."

bleudog

EDNT article from the Saturday paper: CLICK HERE

bleudog

August 05, 2016, 03:29:42 pm #11 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:48:00 am by bleudog
From the 8/2/16 EDNT:

New coach Greg Anthony opened practice in Strong Monday evening at approximately 5 p.m. Anthony said 25 Bulldogs showed up for the first day, practicing under a heat index on the field of 105 degrees.

"The plan was to go for about an hour-and-a-half and then take 'em into the weight room and do our weight workout," said Anthony. "But, we started and they got after it really hard. We had a lot of teaching going on. It was their first day out there in helmets and I actually had to cut back. I had three or four of them that started getting a little light-headed. So, I actually cut practice back about 25 minutes."

Strong installed punt team on Monday as well as running game.

"We've got some of our offense in today, not as much as I wanted to. But, with what we have already put in this summer with the passing game and everything, we started putting in the running game and it started clogging their minds a little bit," said Anthony. "So, I backed off. I didn't put in everything I wanted but we got quite a bit in on the offensive side as far as the running plays from tackle-to-tackle."

After practice, the Bulldogs had a conditioning period and spent about 40 minutes in the weight room.

"We got accomplished what we set out to get accomplished," said Anthony.

CLICK HERE

bearbacker52

Thanks Dog for the report..Glad yall in good hands down there.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 06, 2016, 12:45:28 am
Thanks Dog for the report..Glad yall in good hands down there.

Bleu is from Junction. Lol.

"Bleudog."- Lousiana Tech.

bleudog

From the EDNT:

The Bulldogs also have a change in their 2016 schedule.

With Hermitage not fielding a team due to low numbers, the Bulldogs will take on Marked Tree on October 14.

The game will be played at Pine Bluff High School.

mtindian42

Quote from: bleudog on August 21, 2016, 08:35:14 pm
From the EDNT:

The Bulldogs also have a change in their 2016 schedule.

With Hermitage not fielding a team due to low numbers, the Bulldogs will take on Marked Tree on October 14.

The game will be played at Pine Bluff High School.

is that here or there blue?

Jack1990

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 21, 2016, 09:05:28 pm
is that here or there blue?
According to his post it will be played at Pine Bluff High.

mtindian42

Lol see that now thanks

bleudog

Bearden_Bear72

Stong always does have talent, can just never get the numbers to go along with it.  I hope they get to keep their team, always fun watching their scrappy style of football.  Its has happened all in our conference thou.  Norphlet, Hampton for a year, Hermitage Lord knows they tried. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 31, 2016, 08:26:27 pm
Coach Anthony will likely overachieve Strongs talent this season. Strong just doesn't have the same skill players that they've had up to even a year ago.  And the Jr high team was the worst in the league last year. He's got his work cut out but you don't have to be around coach Anthony but for a few minutes to realize he's the right man for the job.

Did the Rucks kid graduate? Believe there might have been one other kid who's name I heard alot when Hector played at their house last year....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas