• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How good will Danville be this year?

Started by ljfan92, May 04, 2016, 12:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ljfan92

Hornet4ever

Danville will probably win 4-2A unless Hackett, Lavaca and Burg have something to say about it. The last Danville/Hackett game was a barn burner. Overtime win for Danville sadly, but still a great game. Hard to believe that was all the way back in 2011!

mr.gametime

One of the favorites ...to win it all along with England and Hector ...will probably be preseason number 2,3,or 4

WPWells

I have them preseason #3, but the top 3 IMO are pretty separated from the rest of the field.

papaeagle

I do not see anyone stopping Coach Crane and his excellent returning players who are DROPPING to 2A again from a successful last year in 3A.. They should win conference and fly into the finals of 2A in my opinion..  ;D

Hornet4ever

Quote from: papaeagle on May 06, 2016, 02:46:46 pm
I do not see anyone stopping Coach Crane and his excellent returning players who are DROPPING to 2A again from a successful last year in 3A.. They should win conference and fly into the finals of 2A in my opinion..  ;D

I bet Hector and England both will beat Danville. You've gotta beat Hackett and Burg and Lavaca too to win conference. Don't get too cocky.

papaeagle

Quote from: Hornet4ever on May 06, 2016, 09:53:59 pm
I bet Hector and England both will beat Danville. You've gotta beat Hackett and Burg and Lavaca too to win conference. Don't get too cocky.
I understand what you are saying. But, Danville does not need to win the conference to win overall 1 or 2 in the final 2A rankings. If I am not mistaken the conference sends FOUR teams to the playoffs. From there anything can happen when playoffs start and perhaps those ahead of Danville when the regular season is over will lose in their bracket and Danville could end up in the semifinals very easily. As you know, it happens all the time during the hype of the playoffs and a lot depends on injuries and some "luck" perhaps on a turnover or long run or ?  I still pick Danville. Still too far from now (6 months) to really discuss intricacies until we know all complexities that can happen in high school football. Heck, maybe even a transfer will enter the mix. LOL     Thanks for your input Hornet4ever. Have a good summer!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: papaeagle on May 06, 2016, 10:06:55 pm
I understand what you are saying. But, Danville does not need to win the conference to win overall 1 or 2 in the final 2A rankings. If I am not mistaken the conference sends FOUR teams to the playoffs. From there anything can happen when playoffs start and perhaps those ahead of Danville when the regular season is over will lose in their bracket and Danville could end up in the semifinals very easily. As you know, it happens all the time during the hype of the playoffs and a lot depends on injuries and some "luck" perhaps on a turnover or long run or ?  I still pick Danville. Still too far from now (6 months) to really discuss intricacies until we know all complexities that can happen in high school football. Heck, maybe even a transfer will enter the mix. LOL     Thanks for your input Hornet4ever. Have a good summer!

I'm gonna go out on a very small limb and say if you don't win the 4, Danville WILL NOT be in the state championship game. I would be willing to bet the farm on that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas