• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats up with Mountain Pine?

Started by Juco soldier, December 14, 2015, 11:07:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagheera

Hornet4ever

Quote from: sportsfan21 on February 02, 2016, 07:53:53 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 15, 2016, 11:02:04 am
Quote from: sportsfan21 on January 15, 2016, 08:56:05 am
I heard a rumor that Hackett's fans were harassing Union's playing and coaches during half time. Yelling at them that they are terrible and told their coach he is not good and terrible motivator. Haha that's pretty funny though if its true.

I highly doubt this happened. UCA was in their locker room at half, plus.... It was like 30-0 at half. Most people were on their phones or just talking amongst each other. Pretty boring game. I find this to be far fetched.

UCA wasnt in their locker room at half time. They were on the grass patch next to the parking lot and baseball field. Buuuuut ole Hackett Hornet never thinks he's wrong.  So you continue to think that:D

Why would we harass UCA.

JohnBarleycorn

Pat Swilling

JohnBarleycorn

mrknowitall

arkansasprepfootball

Superintendent was handling this search, then his job was posted not long after the football coach was posted/removed. Based off their number situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved coaches around to cover it - baseball coach, perhaps? I have been told 2-3 guys withdrew after speaking to the existing superintendent.

nmyeyes

WOW! not sure how you got him but Mt. Pine has a good one.

mrknowitall

Counts is a name I am hearing. Not sure on first name?

nmyeyes

Counce, all-American at UCA, won Two National championship while he played there. He knows what's going on a great hire.

Ventman

I hope they get it turned around! Good luck to the Pine.

bigworm

Quote from: nmyeyes on March 18, 2016, 03:57:52 pm
Counce, all-American at UCA, won Two National championship while he played there. He knows what's going on a great hire.

Good player doesn't mean good Coach. But I'm pulling for the pine. Hope it all works out well.

JohnBarleycorn

What's Coach Counce's first name?

purpleswag

Quote from: nmyeyes on March 18, 2016, 03:57:52 pm

National champ in what? Where has he coached?

Cheek

Quote from: purpleswag on April 03, 2016, 07:01:20 am
National champ in what? Where has he coached?

He won as a player.  Mt Pine has been down for awhile,  but at one te they were one of the better teams in the state. If you will check, they have been more successful than Hazen. 

big E

Lonnie Sutton won at least 1 state title at Mountain pine.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on April 02, 2016, 10:09:57 pm
What's Coach Counce's first name?

John, IIRC.

Has been in LRSD - coaching softball at Hall according to AAA website.  I'm not sure which school for FB since they have coaches teaching one place sometimes and coaching at others in LRSD.

purpleswag

Quote from: Cheek on April 03, 2016, 08:27:39 am
He won as a player.  Mt Pine has been down for awhile,  but at one te they were one of the better teams in the state. If you will check, they have been more successful than

I'm guessing they will never see the glory days again and are probably barely hanging on. Nobody can even say where this guy has coached football.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: purpleswag on April 03, 2016, 06:52:49 pmI'm guessing they will never see the glory days again and are probably barely hanging on. Nobody can even say where this guy has coached football.

I know a teacher in that district - VERY tough situation as explained to me.

Same person also told me originally several with HC experience had applied and subsequently withdrew before or during the interview process.  Can't speak to that as fact, but I could understand given some of the problems within the district.

Wonderdog

Quote from: purpleswag on April 03, 2016, 06:52:49 pm
Quote from: Cheek on April 03, 2016, 08:27:39 am
He won as a player.  Mt Pine has been down for awhile,  but at one te they were one of the better teams in the state. If you will check, they have been more successful than

I'm guessing they will never see the glory days again and are probably barely hanging on. Nobody can even say where this guy has coached football.

He has coached at Greenbrier and Hall. Good guy as well. Sam Counce.

nmyeyes

He coached several years a Benton

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas