• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats up with Mountain Pine?

Started by Juco soldier, December 14, 2015, 11:07:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Juco soldier

Saw their coach is retiring. Not a lot of players the last few years, whats going on there?

Rida4Life

not much emphasis on football from what I understand.  I don't know the specifics of the community but have heard from some people that know the area better that it's just a tough place to win many football games year to year.  Would take a special coach to set that program back straight after years of average to below average seasons.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 14, 2015, 11:29:42 am
not much emphasis on football from what I understand.  I don't know the specifics of the community but have heard from some people that know the area better that it's just a tough place to win many football games year to year.  Would take a special coach to set that program back straight after years of average to below average seasons.

Also moving to the 7...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 02:37:53 pm

Also moving to the 7...

Gonna be a long season

Dayton Kitchens

It is very simple.

Weyerhaeuser closed the sawmill a few years ago (2010 IIRC).   More than two thirds of all locals working were employed there.

No community can take that kind of blow and their school programs go untouched.

iamfields

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 03:45:09 pm

Also moving to the 7...

Gonna be a long season

Not as long as it would have been if they would have came to the 6 or 8

Hornet4ever

Quote from: iamfields on December 15, 2015, 04:39:18 pm

Also moving to the 7...

Gonna be a long season

Thanks for that info.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 04:42:39 pm

Also moving to the 7...

Gonna be a long season

Thanks for that info.

The 7 doesn't hit as hard as those two conferences...they actually play flag football...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on December 15, 2015, 04:59:07 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 04:42:39 pm

Also moving to the 7...

Gonna be a long season

Thanks for that info.

The 7 doesn't hit as hard as those two conferences...they actually play flag football...

I thought they played soccer and just wore football stuff for fun

tacklethis...

How long has it been since a team from the 4 has beat a team from the 7?

monster_island

Sarcasm doesn't play well on these boards.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 07:16:02 pm

I only recall one team from the 4 playing someone from the 7 in the last couple years. Hackett played Dierks and lost by 14 or so I believe. I wasn't making a joke regarding the 7. I was putting sarcasm in context towards the 6-2A poster. Put your guns down cowboy, I wasn't wanting to duel. We know the 7 is great.  ::)

HorseFeathers

Still hanging on to that win over hector from 4 years ago?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on December 15, 2015, 08:25:27 pm

The top 3 in the 4 would beat most teams from the 7 besides Mt. Ida this past year. An I think most would agree on that besides Hootens. But who pays attention to them anyway.

tacklethis...

Do you think you would have the conference winning streak and 3 conference titles if you played in the 7? Be honest...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 09:14:19 pm

Do you think you would have the conference winning streak and 3 conference titles if you played in the 7? Be honest...

Probably not, but do you think diet is would beat hector...be honest

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 08:54:08 pm

The top 3 in the 4 would beat most teams from the 7 besides Mt. Ida this past year. An I think most would agree on that besides Hootens. But who pays attention to them anyway.
I doubt anyone would believe that, only someone from Hackett...

tacklethis...

Quote from: HF on December 15, 2015, 09:15:54 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 09:14:19 pm

Probably not, but do you think diet is would beat hector...be honest

No you were better than us the last two years...but I think you would have finished 3rd in our conference the last 3 years. In 13 I think Dierks and Gurdon were better, in 14 I think Gurdon and Mt Ida were better, same as in 15...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 09:18:22 pm

Is someone upset that their team struggled this season???  :-X

Hackett and Hector would have handled themselves just fine in your conference. It's funny though that you think Spring Hill, Dierks and Mineral would beat Hackett or even Hector. You have pride though, I like that. Enjoy your one win you have over us for now. You wouldn't have had that same result this season.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

You guys from the 4 better watch it,yall are staring to sound like the posted from the 6 who yall make fun of.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 15, 2015, 10:00:38 pm
You guys from the 4 better watch it,yall are staring to sound like the posted from the 6 who yall make fun of.

Hmmm, not really. I usually keep my mouth shut until I feel like standing up is needed. The mighty 7-2A wasn't so "mighty" this year. I'll give credit where it's due. In this situation I'm confident, Tacklethis can make jokes or say what he wants, I know what I feel and I'll stick to it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 10:14:57 pm

Hmmm, not really. I usually keep my mouth shut until I feel like standing up is needed. The mighty 7-2A wasn't so "mighty" this year. I'll give credit where it's due. In this situation I'm confident, Tacklethis can make jokes or say what he wants, I know what I feel and I'll stick to it.

Sorry,  I was being sarcastic

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Hackett and Hector would have handled themselves just fine in your conference. It's funny though that you think Spring Hill, Dierks and Mineral would beat Hackett or even Hector. You have pride though, I like that. Enjoy your one win you have over us for now. You wouldn't have had that same result this season.

Your riding Hectors coattails....all five of our playoffs teams could have beat Hackett.
I think Dierks/Hackett or M'boro/Hackett would have been good games. But LC, MtIda, or Gurdon would have worn you out...

tacklethis...

Dude, we played twice...second one ended in mercy at your house...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 10:56:24 pm

Dude, we played twice...second one ended in mercy at your house...

Ah, you are right. I forgot they played in 2013. That Hackett team was rough. And for your comment about the 7-2A teams beating Hackett and the cute comment about me "riding Hectors coat tail" that's a frecken joke. Hector did their thing this season and we did ours. We went 10-2 and they did their thing. People just use that as an excuse because we lost to them in the regular season and just because Hector made it one more round in the playoffs then us that we have to cling to them to make us look better. We wrote our own story on the season. Hackett would've beat Dierks, MS, Spring Hill, and I think we could've beat LC and Gurdon. McCrory may have beat us 49-6 but we also handed them 4 turnovers in the first half. Not taking anything away from them but that score reflected wrongly on how good of a team we were. You think you know what you're talking about, issue is. You don't, just because you saw Hackett play Dierks 3 years ago doesn't mean squat kiddo. Get back to the drawing board and enjoy another 3rd or 4th seed finish next season. 

Hornet4ever

Dierks could go 0-10 and Tacklethis would still think Dierks would beat Hackett. Clinging to them wins a couple years ago huh. That's cute.

tacklethis...

Turnovers....I guess your the only team that had them...

Truth is 9 years out 10 a 4 seed from any other conference is gonna be better than the 2 seed from the 4

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 11:28:25 pm
Dierks could go 0-10 and Tacklethis would still think Dierks would beat Hackett. Clinging to them wins a couple years ago huh. That's cute.

And what do you have to cling to? What the greatest moment in Hackett football?

Ball Hawk

December 15, 2015, 11:52:18 pm #28 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:54:59 pm by Ball Hawk

So let me make sure I'm reading this correctly.....

A Hackett fan is talking trash to a Dierks fan..........Has Hackett ever beaten Dierks........let me do a quick fact check......

No, no they haven't. In fact Dierks won both games. Combined score- Dierks 81   Hacket  41    Yikes!!!

Here is some free advice for you Hornet.....step away from the keyboard until you learn football. Don't talk trash to a team you've never beat.

MR#1

There was a time when Mountain Pine was the standard in the old Class A (which became the 2A). Mountain Pine won three straight titles in the late-70s.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2015, 11:48:12 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 15, 2015, 11:28:25 pm

And what do you have to cling to? What the greatest moment in Hackett football?

I'd say for Hackett probably breaking into the playoffs and winning in 2010. The school had previously only won one playoff game before in 1995. Programs stepping in the right direction was in that year. We've stumbled some in the next couple years but the program is back in the right direction.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 15, 2015, 11:52:18 pm

So let me make sure I'm reading this correctly.....

A Hackett fan is talking trash to a Dierks fan..........Has Hackett ever beaten Dierks........let me do a quick fact check......

No, no they haven't. In fact Dierks won both games. Combined score- Dierks 81   Hacket  41    Yikes!!!

Here is some free advice for you Hornet.....step away from the keyboard until you learn football. Don't talk trash to a team you've never beat.

Let me throw some facts in here for ya, since you're the smartest person to grace the world of FF. (And since you looked up some games from like 3 years ago)

Hackett lost to Dierks in 2012 and 2013. 2012's team won the 4-2A conference and only beat England outside of conference. 2013 lost just about every game besides the cupcakes of the 4-2A. After 2013 Eddie Ray left Hackett and the program got an overhaul, offseason, summer and team changes were implemented by Lonnie Hester the new head coach. He now has 2 seasons under his belt and I believe he is 18-5. In only his second year we went the whole regular a season with a close loss and made it to the second round of the playoffs and lost to eventual state champs. This years Hackett team wasn't the 2012 or 2013 team. We can go off of scores from 1994 if you want it doesn't make a dang to me. This was a different team and I think we could beat these teams from the 7. Heck Spring Hill barley beat Parkers Chapel and we beat PC 34-14 with HUGE starters missing from thag game. So to answer this statement, I will talk the way I want. Like I said in a previous post. I don't care what Tacklethis tries to cling to and say. Congrats to him, Dierks has went to a state championship in the past 30 years. I don't care, I'm talking about here and now. And this season, I think we would have won. And I know, ouch that makes him cringe, knowing that maybe...... Just maybe some 4-2A teams would've beat his precious outlaws this season.  ;D

WPWells

December 16, 2015, 05:50:08 am #32 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:52:03 am by Stewie
State championships in the past 40 seasons:

Hackett 0
Dierks 0

monster_island

Quote from: Stewie on December 16, 2015, 05:50:08 am

Hackett 0
Dierks 0
Dierks won a championship in '76,just inside your 40 year cut off.

monster_island

Quote from: MR#1 on December 16, 2015, 12:06:58 am
There was a time when Mountain Pine was the standard in the old Class A (which became the 2A). Mountain Pine won three straight titles in the late-70s.

I believe that it was 2 titles in '78-'79. But it was a nice attempt at getting the thread back on subject.

WPWells

MR#1

Quote from: monster_island on December 16, 2015, 06:38:53 am

I believe that it was 2 titles in '78-'79. But it was a nice attempt at getting the thread back on subject.

Who won it in '77?

Was '80 the year that Danville won with Brad Taylor?

tacklethis...

Hornet, you can't pick and choose what you want to stand behind. Our last two years weren't as good as this years. We all have bad seasons. And you always have an excuse. Missing starters, played flat, new coach...

I truly believe had we played in the 4 we would have been the 2 seed behind Hector.
And went 10-2 just like you.

And here's something else. I think the 6 and 8 know what I'm talking about here. Our conference is a grind...almost every game is slugfest. We have several rival games...but everyone plays everyone hard.

You can't say Decatur, Union, JC Westside, Magazine, and Western Yell are grind games...that's half your schedule. Cake walks...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 16, 2015, 10:00:13 am
Hornet, you can't pick and choose what you want to stand behind. Our last two years weren't as good as this years. We all have bad seasons. And you always have an excuse. Missing starters, played flat, new coach...

I truly believe had we played in the 4 we would have been the 2 seed behind Hector.

And here's something else. I think the 6 and 8 know what I'm talking about here. Our conference is a grind...almost every game is slugfest. We have several rival games...but everyone plays everyone hard.

You can't say Decatur, Union, JC Westside, Magazine, and Western Yell are grind games...that's half your schedule. Cake walks...

Hey, like I said you've got pride in your team that's good. Wouldn't have happened though, I'm pretty confident we win.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 16, 2015, 10:49:50 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on December 16, 2015, 10:00:13 am

Hey, like IQuote from: tacklethis... on October 18, 2015, 06:26:51 pm
Quote from: FilmCrew on October 18, 2015, 05:13:41 pm
Mount Ida has only had 44 points scored against them this year total... Only 18 points have been scored against the 1st team Defense (Danville). I hope that Dierks can do something that many of the other teams haven't been able to do but I don't see them scoring 24 points against Mount Ida.

I feel like we score in this game....
they barely touched foot into the end zone all game last year . And I along with everyone else look for the same this year ..... said you've got pride in your team that's good. Wouldn't have happened though, I'm pretty confident we win.

You may have won, we battled injuries all season from the "grind". We didnt get 5 conference open dates....

purpleswag

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MR#1 on December 16, 2015, 08:36:28 am

Who won it in '77?

Des arc won the 1A state title in '76

tacklethis...

Quote from: unbiased_fan on December 16, 2015, 12:31:15 pm
Haven't seen job posted anywhere. Is Mt pine going to handle this one in house again?

Not sure but they have a pretty good fan base, above average facilities for 2a, and they had some good looking athletes and some speed, just low numbers....

Danvillegrad77

December 16, 2015, 01:07:11 pm #43 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:41:02 pm by Danvillegrad77
I don't know about 3 straight, but they beat us in 1972 and 73 between out titles in 71 & 74, winning those 2.  They were a very good team back then.

actually, it was Farmington that beat us.  We played Mt Pine in 1973 and beat them the week before losing to farmington.  Geez, must be getting old.

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: monster_island on December 16, 2015, 06:34:22 am
Quote from: Stewie on December 16, 2015, 05:50:08 am

Hackett 0
Dierks 0
Dierks won a championship in '76,just inside your 40 year cut off.
actually 1975, they beat us 12-7.

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: MR#1 on December 16, 2015, 08:36:28 am

Who won it in '77?

yes that is correct

Juco soldier

posted here on jobs, said coach was leaving

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 16, 2015, 12:40:23 am
Let me throw some facts in here for ya, since you're the smartest person to grace the world of FF. (And since you looked up some games from like 3 years ago)

Hackett lost to Dierks in 2012 and 2013. 2012's team won the 4-2A conference and only beat England outside of conference. 2013 lost just about every game besides the cupcakes of the 4-2A. After 2013 Eddie Ray left Hackett and the program got an overhaul, offseason, summer and team changes were implemented by Lonnie Hester the new head coach. He now has 2 seasons under his belt and I believe he is 18-5. In only his second year we went the whole regular a season with a close loss and made it to the second round of the playoffs and lost to eventual state champs. This years Hackett team wasn't the 2012 or 2013 team. We can go off of scores from 1994 if you want it doesn't make a dang to me. This was a different team and I think we could beat these teams from the 7. Heck Spring Hill barley beat Parkers Chapel and we beat PC 34-14 with HUGE starters missing from thag game. So to answer this statement, I will talk the way I want. Like I said in a previous post. I don't care what Tacklethis tries to cling to and say. Congrats to him, Dierks has went to a state championship in the past 30 years. I don't care, I'm talking about here and now. And this season, I think we would have won. And I know, ouch that makes him cringe, knowing that maybe...... Just maybe some 4-2A teams would've beat his precious outlaws this season.  ;D

I'm probably not the smartest person on FF but thanks anyway.

I don't know what world you live in, but I suggest you get in the real world ASAP pal. You can dance around the truth about Hackett and Dierks, pretend Hackett is the best thing since sliced bread, that's all cool.

But I like to deal in a little thing called facts. Dierks has played Hackett twice. Beat them soundly once and then issued a whoopin to them the 2nd time.

Hackett has never beaten Dierks. That's a fact.

Dierks has almost doubled up Hackett's total points (81-41). That's a fact.

You can run around here and beat on your chest about beating 6 Hellen Keller teams and being 10-2. But don't sit up and say you would beat Team A or B when you didn't play them this season and you've never beaten them. You look like a fool.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 17, 2015, 03:28:04 pm

I don't know what world you live in, but I suggest you get in the real world ASAP pal. You can dance around the truth about Hackett and Dierks, pretend Hackett is the best thing since sliced bread, that's all cool.

But I like to deal in a little thing called facts. Dierks has played Hackett twice. Beat them soundly once and then issued a whoopin to them the 2nd time.

You can run around here and beat on your chest about beating 6 Hellen Keller teams and being 10-2. But don't sit up and say you would beat Team A or B when you didn't play them this season and you've never beaten them. You look like a fool.

I appreciate your attention to my post. It really warms my heart. However, no I don't look like a fool. Me having confidence in my team that they would beat another makes me a fool? Come on now. I respect Dierks. They've beaten Hackett twice. But me saying that we would have beaten them this year doesn't make me a fool. We had a good team here, one of the best in the programs run. So I'm going to quote what you said early in your statement. "I may not be the smartest person on FF" you hit the nail on the head there sir. Rison beat Junction City this season, Rison got smoked by 30 the year before and beat the year before that? So if a Rison fan early in the season said "we will beat JC" this season that makes him a fool? Come on dude. Don't feed me your crap. We had one of the better running backs in 2A this season and he proved it all season. And quit beating your chest about being in a tough conference. Guess what our conference had a team make the 3rd round too. Moral of this post is, I don't really care what you say. I'm sticking to my guns and my opinion won't change. I saw film on Dierks from this season and I was at every Hackett game. I'll call it like I see them, and I think we win. You can sit here all day and try to dispute that by throwing out games from 3 years ago but all it really does it portray you being pushed in a corner and trying to save your point.

02cat

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 17, 2015, 03:28:04 pm

isn't that what Dierks posters have been saying about Hackett and Hector, that yall would beat us this year.  Now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas