• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 preseason top ten

Started by Ventman, December 12, 2015, 09:44:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iamfields

How is Danville revelant at all to this year ornext year?

Rida4Life

Ok.... this is a rough draft and it's WAAAAY too early for a legit top 10 for next season but here is what I've got so far...
1. England
2. Danville
3. Hector
4. Mt Ida
5. Camden Harmony Grove
6. Rison
7. Earle
8. Carlisle
9. EPC
10. Bearden

I'm doing a lot of reaching on Bearden and Carlisle for sure but it sounds like the 6 may be in a rebuilding year as a whole and Carlisle seems to have the most coming back.  I wouldn't have a problem putting McCroy somewhere in the top 10 solely on the premise that they are the champs until someone knocks them off but from what I understand they lose quite a bit. Bearden should have a decent amount of skill coming back if they can retool the O and D lines.  I agree with another post that this is kind of a "make or break" season for the bears.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: iamfields on December 14, 2015, 11:35:47 am
How is Danville revelant at all to this year ornext year?

They will be in 2A next year

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: unbiased_fan on December 14, 2015, 10:10:11 am
How much does Hector have back?  I know that QB is big time.
They will lose Four starters. Gaines and the whole offensive line will be back.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on December 14, 2015, 11:45:28 am

That alone should make Hector a legit top 5 team.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them win it all.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 14, 2015, 11:46:41 am
Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on December 14, 2015, 11:45:28 am

That alone should make Hector a legit top 5 team.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them win it all.
They have a young rb coming up that has some of that south Arkansas speed we are exited!

HorseFeathers

We lose billingsley, and Ferguson on offense, day and garrison(line backers on defense)...bring back pretty much everyone else I think

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 14, 2015, 10:12:12 am
Quote from: seeya on December 14, 2015, 10:04:33 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 14, 2015, 09:04:32 am
Quote from: seeya on December 14, 2015, 08:26:56 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 13, 2015, 12:13:08 pm
Quote from: Ventman on December 13, 2015, 12:10:26 pm
Sounds like Danville is ready to take on the rest of the 2A!

I'm sure they will be good. They are very rarely not very good. But when you can pull good athletes from two rivers and WYC every year you should be pretty good.  ???
Danville has nobody from these two schools on their team . Not sure where you got you're information but its incorrect .

HA. You must not be from Danville. Because let me tell you this, if anyone has any athletic ability and wants a good high school football career they are going to Danville and not WYC. Two Rivers, eh they've had a few kids but still struggle in 3A. If you don't think you don't get kids at Danville from surrounding struggling programs then you should wake up.
Name one

Dude, let's be honest. I'm not from Danville but I've been around the block. I've met people in the past from WYC and Ola both who have told me they lose a lot of athletes to Danville. I don't mean they moved yesterday. But maybe in 7th or 8th grade, or as a freshman. Why does WYC always struggle and Danville always have successful seasons? Because, the kids who are skilled and have a future with it go to Danville. This isn't rocket science and quit playing dumb "seeya" it's not just a coincidence that surrounding schools struggle. God, seasons only been over for a couple of days and Danville posters are already driving me crazy.

I only know of one in the two rivers district, but he's attended Danville his entire life....was told they let up on the "transfers" after they forfeited their season a few years back....

young_gun

The blowhorn guy is now at Booneville and he didn't represent the whole Danville community. I don't know of any that live in the WYC or TR school district that attend Danville that haven't attended Danville their whole life. We don't have many move in because they can't handle the offseason program that our coaches put our athletes through. You have to be tough and have heart to play for Danville. Hopefully this go around we can leave a better image for the Danville community in the 4-2A. 

WPWells

Wouldn't shock me to see Hector and England play twice next year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Stewie on December 18, 2015, 04:06:33 pm
Wouldn't shock me to see Hector and England play twice next year

Shhhhh.....

pj72501

Quote from: HF on December 12, 2015, 09:04:00 pm
Quote from: Jag-Class07 on December 12, 2015, 08:18:50 pm
What about Bearden they usually don't have many down years.

Wildcard...probably a make or break season for their program. Think they were young this year but have to replace their lines...

C. Harmony grove will be good...but they faded at the end of the season thisbyear

I won't make any predictions but to answer the question. Bearden was extremely young this past season.  It seemed like just about everyone we played was Sr. dominated.  No excuses, we got beat, but everyone has a learning year and I hope this was Beardens and next year we are right back in the middle of things.

Backwoods Bart

December 20, 2015, 07:09:06 pm #62 Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:07:17 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: pj72501 on December 20, 2015, 04:44:39 pm
Quote from: HF on December 12, 2015, 09:04:00 pm
Quote from: Jag-Class07 on December 12, 2015, 08:18:50 pm
What about Bearden they usually don't have many down years.

Wildcard...probably a make or break season for their program. Think they were young this year but have to replace their lines...

C. Harmony grove will be good...but they faded at the end of the season thisbyear

I won't make any predictions but to answer the question. Bearden was extremely young this past season.  It seemed like just about everyone we played was Sr. dominated.  No excuses, we got beat, but everyone has a learning year and I hope this was Beardens and next year we are right back in the middle of things.

We got a look at the Bearden up and comers (2 nd team) v. Hector, and the # 2 QB late in the 2nd half. For what time they played, they were quick and moved the ball well, culminating in a 30 yd TD pass to a 9th grader.

bulldog

Bart we have already been over this.  The last touchdown was a 16yd touchdown with about 6 seconds left in the game. 

Don't know why you keep wanting to make that play out to being something that it isn't.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bulldog on December 24, 2015, 08:34:19 pm
Bart we have already been over this.  The last touchdown was a 16yd touchdown with about 6 seconds left in the game. 

Don't know why you keep wanting to make that play out to being something that it isn't.

I  think late in the 2nd half pretty much covers it, but the irrefutable fact is that it happened. Get over it and move on 

brown2010

don't count mccrory out they will be there some coming back and some who played a lot. coaches know the game so we will c u again

Hornet4ever

Quote from: brown2010 on December 25, 2015, 01:37:45 pm
don't count mccrory out they will be there some coming back and some who played a lot. coaches know the game so we will c u again

McCrory won't be bad. But they won't be near as good. Never though, youth could blossom some. I just know coach Kennon didn't seem so excited about this upcoming year. Not that he's disappointed or anything.. Just that they have some kinks to work out and a new cycle coming. It happens a lot in 2A.

Cheek

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 25, 2015, 04:33:34 pm
Quote from: brown2010 on December 25, 2015, 01:37:45 pm

McCrory won't be bad. But they won't be near as good. Never though, youth could blossom some. I just know coach Kennon didn't seem so excited about this upcoming year. Not that he's disappointed or anything.. Just that they have some kinks to work out and a new cycle coming. It happens a lot in 2A.

Congrats to McCrory on their title, but they lost to many Srs to be relevant in their own conference. 

Bigditchlion

Who are each conferences top 2-3 teams?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 07, 2016, 03:03:23 pm

I figure cutter Will win our conference

HorseFeathers

2A-4
1-3. Danvile---Little Johns won a 3A conference last year, dropping a class only makes them better right?
-----Hackett---Hornets tasted playoff success last year, and have been close to Hector the last 3 years..
-----Lavaca----Heard they were pretty young this year, and they were somewhat competitive in the 3A-4..
4. Mountainburg
5. J.C Westside
6. Magazine
7. WYC
8. Decatur

2A-5
1-2. Hector----Tanner Gaines and Company have one more go round in them...
-----England---Brayden Brazeal vs Tanner Gaines might be the most anticipated Conference game in 2A this year...
3-5. Conway Christian---Eagles shocked the state when they beat J.C...but it looks like they lose quite a bit from last years team.
------Magnet Cove-------Know next to nothing about the Panthers, but I know they're usually fairly solid
-----Poyen----------------Read above, except not really solid, just usually in the hunt for that last playoff spot
6. Quitman----------------
7. bigelow---------Heard that help may be on the way in the lower grades for the Panthers, but could be another long year in Perry County
8. Cutter Morning Star

Hornet4ever

Danville, Hackett, Lavaca and Burg should all be good games.

Donnie Jamon

If EPC can get the basketball players out they will be pretty good..  Doubt the basketball coach wants them to play since 3 of the top 4 return.  Mostly all 10th graders from last year so they will all have game experience.   

ljfan92

Danville is my favorite to win state this year

beach bum

Danville, Hector, and England will be very good. The 6-2A always brings someone whether its DA, Hazen, etc any particular year... then the 8-2A even without JC should have someone jockey their way towards the top of 2A.

Ventman

England will be my favorite this year. Should be some great games come playoff time. I'm ready.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on May 04, 2016, 02:54:16 pm
England will be my favorite this year. Should be some great games come playoff time. I'm ready.

England gets my vote as well.

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle will be back in the mix for the top of 6.

mr.gametime

1.England
2. Hector
3. Danville
4. Earle

After that it's anybody guess.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on May 04, 2016, 07:35:00 pm
Carlisle will be back in the mix for the top of 6.

Outhouse to the penthouse in one year?

Backwoods Bart

May 04, 2016, 10:06:29 pm #80 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:08:49 pm by Backwoods Bart

My top 5

2A-8

1. Hermitage      can Thomas be stopped in 16'?
2. CHG               Speed to burn
3. Bearden/PC     Breakout year for QB Berry
                         PC, the sleeping giant
5. Rison              Too many vacancies   

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 04, 2016, 10:06:29 pm
My top 5

2A-8

1. Hermitage      can Thomas be stopped in 16'?
2. CHG               Speed to burn
3. Bearden/PC     Breakout year for QB Berry
                         PC, the sleeping giant
5. Rison              Too many vacancies   

Hemritage won't be #1

Backwoods Bart

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 04, 2016, 09:42:28 pm
Outhouse to the penthouse in one year?
It could happen.  Talent is there.

Bigpoppie

top ten in no particular order
mt ida
danville
chg
england
bearden
laf co
earle
hector
des arc
rison

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on May 04, 2016, 10:46:11 pm
It could happen.  Talent is there.
Thats pretty funny Pick, outhouse to penthouse😂. I don't know if they will win but they should be better.

Big Cat Daddy

1.Hector
2.?
3?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8?
9.?
10?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ventman

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on May 07, 2016, 01:36:57 pm
1.Hector
2.?
3?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8?
9.?
10?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Well that sums it up, Hector the new state champs! Congrats😂

Hornet4ever

Allen T

Should be an interesting year in 2A Football. Noticed several post about  the Little Johns. Some positive, some not as. Being a Danville Grad I've come to expect the negative remarks thru the years. It makes for "interesting reading". Our community is no different then anybody else. We support  our kids and sure...I'm sure some fans make statements or remarks that they should not. It does not reflect what everyone says. Like I've said, you learn live with it. Guess that's what happens when you have a good program. People like to make negative comments on the form because they can't back it up on the field. GO LITTLE JOHNS!!!

Donnie Jamon

1. England
2. Hector
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Danville
6. Hermitage
7. Mt Ida
8. Rison
9. Des Arc
0. Bearden

Hornet4ever

Quote from: unbiased_fan on May 10, 2016, 06:33:52 am
Interesting pick. I've heard they are a year away from being really really good

I would flip them and Rison at number one in the 8-2A. I don't think Hermitage will be number one. Thomas is a heck of an athlete, but you have to have some help, and he doesn't have it.

big E

1.England
2.Danville
3.Hector
4.Earle
You can fill in the rest but my personal opinion is after these 4 the rest don't stack up.

Backwoods Bart

Hornet4ever

Quote from: big E on May 10, 2016, 12:33:33 pm
1.England
2.Danville
3.Hector
4.Earle
You can fill in the rest but my personal opinion is after these 4 the rest don't stack up.

We thought the same about Earle last year, then they got beat in the first round. Jus saying...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on May 10, 2016, 12:33:33 pm
1.England
2.Danville
3.Hector
4.Earle

The winner of the 6 will be in it at the end, when it matters.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 10, 2016, 03:39:34 pm
The winner of the 6 will be in it at the end, when it matters.
Pick who do you like in the 6 this year?

mr.gametime

Quote from: Ventman on May 10, 2016, 07:24:09 pm
Pick who do you like in the 6 this year?

Who you think?.....You know he always gone think des arc is the best in tbe 6

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 10, 2016, 08:10:04 pm

Des Arc will be a good one to pick. They aren't too shabby.

Ventman

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 10, 2016, 08:10:04 pm
DA is a good choice. Hazen should be there also. Hopefully the new coach will get those Bison motivated and get them back in the mix. The 6 could have a year where several teams could win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas