• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 preseason top ten

Started by Ventman, December 12, 2015, 09:44:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

mr.gametime

I know England might be everyone's preseason #1

Donnie Jamon

A lot of teams lose a lot..  Might be real down in 2A this year without  JC, Gurdon, etc

Hornet4ever

England is my favorite to do well as of now and if they stay healthy. A lot of other teams are losing a lot of seniors. Time for someone else to step up

mr.gametime

I think CHG will make some noise to coming down from 3A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 12, 2015, 11:35:02 am
England is my favorite to do well as of now and if they stay healthy. A lot of other teams are losing a lot of seniors. Time for someone else to step up

Hector vs England next year should be a blast...

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 12, 2015, 09:58:53 am
A lot of teams lose a lot..  Might be real down in 2A this year without  JC, Gurdon, etc

Rison loses seniors every year.
Somehow manages to win a lot of games still.
I expect them to finish in the top 10 next year as well.

bigworm

Danville will be in the hunt. England will be better. Return 9 and 9 and will have a load of seniors. Im sure rison will be good but i dont seem them back at wms.

WPWells

England, Hector, and Danville should be on a different level than everyone else

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Stewie on December 12, 2015, 12:03:30 pm

Oh lord now you did it...you slighted the almighty 2a-6

tacklethis...

Quote from: HF on December 12, 2015, 12:05:06 pm

And the day after they finally got the ring....

mr.gametime

The 6 will be a mystery next year....as of right now there's not clear cut favorite. ...it will be wide open

MR#1

December 12, 2015, 12:22:43 pm #12 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:29:12 pm by MR#1
I think Rison will be a Top 10 team, and possibly make the quarters. Hurry August!!!

Hornet4ever

Hackett won't be a slouch. Danville should be ready.  8)

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 12, 2015, 11:40:38 am
I think CHG will make some noise to coming down from 3A
do you know what they have coming back next year?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Lol, some how a team or 2 are in the mix most every year. But I don't feel slighted.  We lose alot but return several and will have 1 back on the team that would have made a difference this year.

Jag-Class07

After what I seen in the playoffs. I think Mt Ida will make another good run in 16

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Jag-Class07 on December 12, 2015, 01:16:44 pm
After what I seen in the playoffs. I think Mt Ida will make another good run in 16

+1 I forgot about Mt. Ida I'm pretty sure someone said they are losing a few but returning a bunch.

HorseFeathers

What about the 3??

Just generalized predictions
2a-3...Earle....well probably should be the front runner anyway..with the rest of the playoff spots going to the usual suspects...

2a-4...I figure Hackett and Danville are the way to early front runners...burg, lavaca and Westside battle it out for the other three playoff spots...
5-2a....Early front runner is england...2-4 probably between hector, Conway christian, and magnet cove. 5 seed is probably winner of quitman/bigelow

6-2a....mystery to me, I dont figure mccrory or hazen will be as good this year...des arc is there every year, and hearing that Carlisle had talent on the field, just couldn't do much with it..and p/w had some all-world junior high teams recently didn't they?

Figure the 7 will go about like this year...who they pick up to replace gurdon?

The 8 probably now runs thru rison...and probably won't be a shadow of itself from the past few years

Jag-Class07

What about Bearden they usually don't have many down years.

monster_island

Quote from: HF on December 12, 2015, 02:47:47 pm

Figure the 7 will go about like this year...who they pick up to replace gurdon

7-2A picks up Mountian Pine. It will tough on them, a lot more travel for them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jag-Class07 on December 12, 2015, 08:18:50 pm
What about Bearden they usually don't have many down years.

Wildcard...probably a make or break season for their program. Think they were young this year but have to replace their lines...

C. Harmony grove will be good...but they faded at the end of the season thisbyear

Hornet4ever

Hackett may end up a 3rd seed for the first time in a few years. I just don't know enough yet, kids could leave for Greenwood, kids may just quit football so who knows but if they started right now with the kids I figure will play we will be very tough.

Backwoods Bart

I don't know if Hampton Sr. high in the 8AA plugs back in 16', but they say their Jr. high gave some 8AA teams fits this year.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 12, 2015, 10:53:11 pm

I don't know if Hampton Sr. high in the 8AA plugs back in 16', but they say their Jr. high gave some 8AA teams fits this year.
from what I've heard Hampton is suppose to field a sr high team in 16. And also they Jr high went undefeated this year with a majority of being them 9th graders. But as we know coming up to sr high ball is not the same a Jr high but they got big expectations for next year over there in bulldog land.

mr.gametime

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on December 12, 2015, 11:28:31 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 12, 2015, 10:53:11 pm

from what I've heard Hampton is suppose to field a sr high team in 16. And also they Jr high went undefeated this year with a majority of being them 9th graders. But as we know coming up to sr high ball is not the same a Jr high but they got big expectations for next year over there in bulldog land.

Yeah...that could be a positive for Hampton. ..maybe not next year. ..but the couple of years after....this McCrory team and group of Seniors that just won the state championship. ...had back to back undeafted seasons in jr.high. ..The coaches will have to try and make sure they keep all the players on board for the next few years so they can revitalize there program ...hope to see them playing football again in 2016

Cheek

Teama who should be in contention

3-2a
EPC
Marked Tree
Earle, just because of Bohannan

4-2A
Danville
Mountainburg
Hackett

5-2A
England
Hector
MC

6-2A
PW
Carlisle
( everyone else lost the house)

7-2A
My Ida

8-2A
Rison
Bearden
Hermitage ( because of Monte Thomas)
PC (possible)
CHG

In 2A, a lot of good players graduated this year.. Teams that lost a lot this year, and have some big shoes to fill are.

McCrory
Rison
Des Arc
Hazen
Cross County
Earle
Comway Christian
Danville
Brinkley

Ventman

England will be my number one. The Little Johns are supposed to be good and I think 2A ball will be fine without JC.

jazdill

I think Danville no question should be the favorite. Losing some seniors but moving up a large and talented 9th grade class. Only a few of those young kids would have made a difference in 3a but I feel that several will help since they are moving down. In short I feel like Danvilles numbers will be much better than most all 2a schools....that freshman class had around 30 kids playing football. 3 and 4a schools would kill for those numbers in one class!!!

Ventman

Sounds like Danville is ready to take on the rest of the 2A!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on December 13, 2015, 12:10:26 pm

I'm sure they will be good. They are very rarely not very good. But when you can pull good athletes from two rivers and WYC every year you should be pretty good.  ???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 13, 2015, 12:13:08 pm

I'm sure they will be good. They are very rarely not very good. But when you can pulk good athletes from two rivers and WYC every year you should be pretty good.  ???

Shots fired...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2015, 12:13:16 pm

I'm sure they will be good. They are very rarely not very good. But when you can pulk good athletes from two rivers and WYC every year you should be pretty good.  ???

Shots fired...

Don't like Danville. Don't like the way they carry themselves, what they do on the field, and the way their fans talk to players and fans off the field.

BigLion10

Danville will choke like usual in 2A come playoff time

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 13, 2015, 12:21:11 pm
Whoooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hornet4ever

BrianfromCarlisle

I believe it was Danville in '11 that Carlisle beat on the way to the title game. Their fans were less than pleasant. Lol. They had kids on the field gesturing into Carlisle's stands. Then a mom got on here and whined and cried

Glad to have em back. Lol

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 13, 2015, 01:10:28 pm
I believe it was Danville in '11 that Carlisle beat on the way to the title game. Their fans were less than pleasant. Lol. They had kids on the field gesturing into Carlisle's stands. Then a mom got on here and whined and cried

That's who we were playing in pee wee the time I threw the desk out onto the field at HECTOR. It was the refs fault. I don't like d ville

Ventman

Their fans and poster are interesting for sure Brian. Remember the bullhorn they had?😂😂

Hornet4ever

Hackett lost to Danville in overtime in 2011 and after the game we got done shaking hands and a bunch of the fans were on the field yelling "go back to Hackett" "nice try" "Oh no you suck again" they were the number 2 team in the state at the time and was predicted to beat us by 20+ it was a typical case of Danville thinking they were the best thing ever and showing no respect.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Ventman on December 13, 2015, 01:55:24 pm

Their fans and poster are interesting for sure Brian. Remember the bullhorn they had?😂😂

Yes. Yes I do. Lol.

BigLion10

Wasn't the bullhorn connected to the ambulance they brought

BrianfromCarlisle

Yes. They tried to park it in stadium I believe

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 13, 2015, 03:17:49 pm
Yes. They tried to park it in stadium I believe
They did it was awesome, good game as well. It will be fun to see their posters again!

JC Guy

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 13, 2015, 12:21:11 pm
HF now shots have been fired. Say hello to my new lil freind!

seeya

I'm sure they will be good. They are very rarely not very good. But when you can pull good athletes from two rivers and WYC every year you should be pretty good.  ???
Danville has nobody from these two schools on their team . Not sure where you got you're information but its incorrect .

Hornet4ever

Quote from: seeya on December 14, 2015, 08:26:56 am

Danville has nobody from these two schools on their team . Not sure where you got you're information but its incorrect .

HA. You must not be from Danville. Because let me tell you this, if anyone has any athletic ability and wants a good high school football career they are going to Danville and not WYC. Two Rivers, eh they've had a few kids but still struggle in 3A. If you don't think you don't get kids at Danville from surrounding struggling programs then you should wake up.

HorseFeathers

So...your defense is basically nobody that attends wyc, or two rivers plays football for danville?

seeya

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 14, 2015, 09:04:32 am

HA. You must not be from Danville. Because let me tell you this, if anyone has any athletic ability and wants a good high school football career they are going to Danville and not WYC. Two Rivers, eh they've had a few kids but still struggle in 3A. If you don't think you don't get kids at Danville from surrounding struggling programs then you should wake up.
Name one

Hornet4ever

Quote from: seeya on December 14, 2015, 10:04:33 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 14, 2015, 09:04:32 am

Name one

Dude, let's be honest. I'm not from Danville but I've been around the block. I've met people in the past from WYC and Ola both who have told me they lose a lot of athletes to Danville. I don't mean they moved yesterday. But maybe in 7th or 8th grade, or as a freshman. Why does WYC always struggle and Danville always have successful seasons? Because, the kids who are skilled and have a future with it go to Danville. This isn't rocket science and quit playing dumb "seeya" it's not just a coincidence that surrounding schools struggle. God, seasons only been over for a couple of days and Danville posters are already driving me crazy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas