• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015---FINAL 2A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 19, 2015, 10:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

May 19, 2015, 10:50:39 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:46:40 pm by 3 Dollar
#1 & #2 are subject to change:

1...SPRING HILL
2...Buffalo Island Central
3...Foreman
4...Parkers Chapel
5...Midland
6...Hector
7...Hazen
8...Magazine
9...Marmaduke
10..Poyen

8)

Sweet

CMhawgtracks

NEAsupporter

Spring Hill is in the finals.... Doesn't matter who beat them before or not. Marmaduke beat BIC every time they played them this year, but BIC definitely shouldnt be ranked 10th. The only rankings that could possibly be reversed on here is Foreman and Parker's Chapel.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: NEAsupporter on May 20, 2015, 06:17:30 am
Spring Hill is in the finals.... Doesn't matter who beat them before or not. Marmaduke beat BIC every time they played them this year, but BIC definitely shouldnt be ranked 10th. The only rankings that could possibly be reversed on here is Foreman and Parker's Chapel.
If BIC beats Spring Hill, and I think they will, overall records and head to head results should determine who's second, but that's just my thinking and I am more that a little biased:~)

3 Dollar

3 Dollar

CMhawgtracks

So what exactly is a money poll?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 20, 2015, 08:31:12 am
So what exactly is a money poll?

Just like everything else on the forum:  1) its someone's opinion   2) it stirs someone up for discussion/disagreement

AIN'T IT GREAT??? ;D ;D ;D

Panthers44

3 dollar does all this for fun! Ive like his polls for the last four years even if your teams not in it for is! I appreciate your polls every week they are fun to look at to see everyones opinion!

Panthers44

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 19, 2015, 10:50:39 pm

1...Buffalo Island Central
2...Spring Hill
3...Foreman
4...Parkers Chapel
5...Midland
6...Hector
7...Hazen
8...Magazine
9...Marmaduke
10..Poyen

8)Marmaduke should be higher in this poll when your best pitcher gets hurt before the game starts. Everyone on here knows that they would have beat Magazine they almost did with another pitcher that hadnt pitched all year!

onceacoach

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 20, 2015, 08:15:31 pm
Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 19, 2015, 10:50:39 pm

1...Buffalo Island Central
2...Spring Hill
3...Foreman
4...Parkers Chapel
5...Midland
6...Hector
7...Hazen
8...Magazine
9...Marmaduke
10..Poyen

8)Marmaduke should be higher in this poll when your best pitcher gets hurt before the game starts. Everyone on here knows that they would have beat Magazine they almost did with another pitcher that hadnt pitched all year!

I thought the score was 2-0, Magazine must have had a decent team if they shut them down.

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 07:11:49 am #12 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:13:52 am by CMhawgtracks
If BIC wins, my final poll would be:
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

If Spring Hill wins they will be 1, BIC will be 2, PC third and on down the line.

GatorBall

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 21, 2015, 07:11:49 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

If Spring Hill wins they will be 1, BIC will be 2, PC third and on down the line.

Let me guess, your from PC? LOL

Have you even seen Foreman play or do you just sit and read scores of the game?

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 09:27:42 am #14 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:29:41 am by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: GatorBall on May 21, 2015, 08:43:52 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

ive seen everyone of these teams play at state! I even saw PC beat Foreman and Spring Hill in the regionals.

mack

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 21, 2015, 09:27:42 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

ive seen everyone of these teams play at state! I even saw PC beat Foreman and Spring Hill in the regionals.

SNAP!

GatorBall

1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

Then you saw Foreman winning in the bottom of the 6th inning before they made two costly errors (from kids that normally don't make them) with two outs already on the board. Then with those two girls on, a PC player hit a 3 run homer (which makes them all unearned) that eventually won the game. I take nothing away from PC, they're a good team and they did what they needed to do to win the game but I wouldn't be so quick to put them over everyone because you can't always say equivocally that this team is better than that team because the one time they played they beat that team. Heck, if your going to stick with that logic then Foreman and Midland both should be up higher because Midland beat BIC and Foreman beat Midland.

I know these type of polls are just here to promote conversation (and sometime arguments) but you can't always say one team is better than this team because they beat them the one time they played. If I'm not mistaken PC was the 2 or 3 seed coming out of their own conference, right?

GatorBall

May 21, 2015, 10:28:36 am #17 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:55:52 am by GatorBall
Quote from: mack on May 21, 2015, 10:05:26 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

SNAP!

REALLY!! LOL...

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 11:10:50 am #18 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:14:02 am by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: GatorBall on May 21, 2015, 10:26:41 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

Then you saw Foreman winning in the bottom of the 6th inning before they made two costly errors (from kids that normally don't make them) with two outs already on the board. Then with those two girls on, a PC player hit a 3 run homer (which makes them all unearned) that eventually won the game. I take nothing away from PC, they're a good team and they did what they needed to do to win the game but I wouldn't be so quick to put them over everyone because you can't always say equivocally that this team is better than that team because the one time they played they beat that team. Heck, if your going to stick with that logic then Foreman and Midland both should be up higher because Midland beat BIC and Foreman beat Midland.

I know these type of polls are just here to promote conversation (and sometime arguments) but you can't always say one team is better than this team because they beat them the one time they played. If I'm not mistaken PC was the 2 or 3 seed coming out of their own conference, right?
those errors were made, the home run was hit and PC beat Foreman. I don't know Foremans over all record but I know Spring Hill split with them during regular season, PC beat Foreman in regionals and Spring Hill beat them again at state. You tell me where Foreman should be ranked in the final poll with your reasons why and we'll see who has the better argument..

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 11:21:26 am #19 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:27:49 am by CMhawgtracks
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

no, Woodlawn won the conference for the regular season. PC, Norphlet, Rison and Woodlawn were the 1 2 3 and 4 seed coming out of the district tournament. They were also the over 1 seed going into regionals.

GatorBall

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 21, 2015, 11:10:50 am
1. BIC
2. PC
3. Spring Hill
4. Foreman
5. Midland
6. Hazen
7. Marmaduke
8. MC
9. Poyen
10. Magazine

those errors were made, the home run was hit and PC beat Foreman. I don't know Foremans over all record but I know Spring Hill split with them during regular season, PC beat Foreman in regionals and Spring Hill beat them again at state. You tell me where Foreman should be ranked in the final poll with your reasons why and we'll see who has the better argument..

I'm just saying your argument doesn't hold water because the teams that have beaten Parker's Chapel this year aren't even in the top ten of your poll in 2A. For heavens sake they were beat by a team that didn't even make the regionals. Every team that beat Foreman this year went to their own classifications state quarter finals or higher. During the regular season Foreman doesn't play any 2A teams until they are required to because they believe you get better by playing tougher competition. I agree, PC beat Foreman the one time they played and they were better than Foreman that day.

Go ahead with you poll! Springhill and BIC deserve to be up there because they played the best when they had to but after that I believe it's got to be Foreman and Midland somewhere very very close to them because they are two very good teams!! Just my opinion!!!

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 11:42:14 am #21 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:52:24 am by CMhawgtracks
So, give us your final ranking, gatorball.
Why play the games if final scores on head to head games don't matter?

baseball2012

Argue about the three through ten spots all you want but if your not playing at Bogle Park this weekend your not in the top two.  Every school had their chance so congrats to Spring Hill and B.I.C.

GatorBall

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 21, 2015, 11:42:14 am

I never said final scores on head to head games don't matter!! I'm just saying if we are talking about who we "believe" are the best teams in 2A then you should take the overall season as a whole, not just one game. But that's not reality.

To me, these polls are pointless anyway. If your not playing in Bogle Park this weekend, it doesn't matter!! Who REALLY cares....

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: GatorBall on May 21, 2015, 12:45:07 pm

To me, these polls are pointless anyway. If your not playing in Bogle Park this weekend, it doesn't matter!! Who REALLY cares....

Polls are opinions but not pointless.  5 out of the 24 replies to this topic are by GATOR.  Then you ask "Who REALLY cares....."  I would say you care.

CMhawgtracks

May 21, 2015, 12:57:24 pm #25 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:59:45 pm by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: baseball2012 on May 21, 2015, 12:15:18 pm
Argue about the three through ten spots all you want but if your not playing at Bogle Park this weekend your not in the top two.  Every school had their chance so congrats to Spring Hill and B.I.C.
based on records: if BIC beats PC and Spring Hill and PC beat Spring Hill.
BIC would be (against these two teams) 2-0, PC would be 1-1 and Spring Hill would be 0-2. That's what I based my opinion on...

mack

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 21, 2015, 12:51:01 pm

Polls are opinions but not pointless.  5 out of the 24 replies to this topic are by GATOR.  Then you ask "Who REALLY cares....."  I would say you care.

SNAP-max!

GatorBall

Quote from: mack on May 21, 2015, 12:58:18 pm

SNAP-max!

Your quite a writer there mack!! LOL, such a witty conversationalist!!

GatorBall

Yeah, you kinda got me there...lol

mack

Quote from: GatorBall on May 21, 2015, 01:18:15 pm

SNAP-max!

Ha,,, you troll so easily.  I have always admired Foreman and all the dominating teams you've had in the past.  I just found it amusing that you can't quite let go of the glory.  Everyone championship caliber program has less than championship seasons.  When they do, the correct thing is to acknowledge it.  It seems reasonable that you'd be ranked around fourth.  But, with 1 out of every 5 posts on this thread,,,, you're number 1 in my mind.

There,,, witty enough for you?

GatorBall

Quote from: mack on May 21, 2015, 02:22:11 pm
Quote from: GatorBall on May 21, 2015, 01:18:15 pm

SNAP-max!

Ha,,, you troll so easily.  I have always admired Foreman and all the dominating teams you've had in the past.  I just found it amusing that you can't quite let go of the glory.  Everyone championship caliber program has less than championship seasons.  When they do, the correct thing is to acknowledge it.  It seems reasonable that you'd be ranked around fourth.  But, with 1 out of every 5 posts on this thread,,,, you're number 1 in my mind.

There,,, witty enough for you?

Yes, MUCH better!! You had me cracking up! But I did acknowledge BIC and Springhill. They both won when they needed to win. They both deserve congratulations!!

Ole Man River

Whoever wins Saturday should be ranked #1.  Whoever loses should be ranked #2.  No If, ands or buts.  The loser will take home the State Runner-Up Trophy.  PC should not or never will be ranked #2 when they never made it to the Championship Game.

skydiver

I look for PC to be better next year. All the girls should know their teammates name and they should be able to pick up a couple of Norphlet girls. As for this year, just another shortcoming. Good luck to the LADY BEARS!!  TFin and this squad deserves some R-E-S-P-E-C-T

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Ole Man River on May 21, 2015, 09:22:20 pm
Whoever wins Saturday should be ranked #1.  Whoever loses should be ranked #2.  No If, ands or buts.  The loser will take home the State Runner-Up Trophy.  PC should not or never will be ranked #2 when they never made it to the Championship Game.
you may be right, but being the last loser, doesn't make you the second best team in the classification.
Skydiver, with the three kids from Strong and a couple from Norphlet and maybe a kid from JC, not counting a solid senior class, I hear PC has already orders the championship rings for next year...

onceacoach

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 22, 2015, 05:47:25 am
you may be right, but being the last loser, doesn't make you the second best team in the classification.
Skydiver, with the three kids from Strong and a couple from Norphlet and maybe a kid from JC, not counting a solid senior class, I hear PC has already orders the championship rings for next year...

See that's what I'm talking about, three from Strong, a couple from Norphlet and a possible from JC. This is why it's so tough for so many teams to compete at the higher level, they field a team from neighborhood girls, girls that have come up thru the system in that town. There's a reason the schools are separated into different classifications based on the size of the school and population, you field a team based on those limitations. If you're seeking out, recruiting or drawing players from other schools you're not playing within the constraints the majority of other schools field a team. The majority of schools field a team within the four walls of the school, some schools obviously have knocked down those walls and field a team from an almost limitless pool of potential players. Go ahead and feel free to attack me but this is something I was already aware of and all I've really heard is a warning that stated if you want a chance to be there at the end you better get busy recruiting players that play at other schools because you're going to have a tough time winning the right way.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: onceacoach on May 22, 2015, 10:33:39 am

See that's what I'm talking about, three from Strong, a couple from Norphlet and a possible from JC. This is why it's so tough for so many teams to compete at the higher level, they field a team from neighborhood girls, girls that have come up thru the system in that town. There's a reason the schools are separated into different classifications based on the size of the school and population, you field a team based on those limitations. If you're seeking out, recruiting or drawing players from other schools you're not playing within the constraints the majority of other schools field a team. The majority of schools field a team within the four walls of the school, some schools obviously have knocked down those walls and field a team from an almost limitless pool of potential players. Go ahead and feel free to attack me but this is something I was already aware of and all I've really heard is a warning that stated if you want a chance to be there at the end you better get busy recruiting players that play at other schools because you're going to have a tough time winning the right way.
yeah, I heard they had a 7' Chineese girl coming to the basketball team and a 400 lb mexican to their football team, if they can just teach him English.

onceacoach

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 22, 2015, 10:58:01 am

yeah, I heard they had a 7' Chineese girl coming to the basketball team and a 400 lb mexican to their football team, if they can just teach him English.

Not sure what to make of your post, you're the one that stated that PC was bringing in as many as six other girls from other schools to play softball next year. Do they not have enough girls within their own school to put a team on the field? Why would you bother making a post laced with such sarcasm when you admitted they will be bringing in other players?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: onceacoach on May 22, 2015, 11:22:33 am

Not sure what to make of your post, you're the one that stated that PC was bringing in as many as six other girls from other schools to play softball next year. Do they not have enough girls within their own school to put a team on the field? Why would you bother making a post laced with such sarcasm when you admitted they will be bringing in other players?

Are you familiar with the term "tongue in cheek"??  I think they were referencing some material from another topic in the forum which "ruffled a few feathers".  Whether true or not, it "touched a nerve". 

BTW--  the "quotation" marks are being used to keep you from "taking the bait"
;) ;) ;) :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 22, 2015, 12:39:18 pm
Quote from: onceacoach on May 22, 2015, 11:22:33 am

Are you familiar with the term "tongue in cheek"??  I think they were referencing some material from another topic in the forum which "ruffled a few feathers".  Whether true or not, it "touched a nerve". 

BTW--  the "quotation" marks are being used to keep you from "taking the bait"
;) ;) ;) :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)
:~)

old dawg

Final rankings should be pretty clear now...

1) Spring Hill
2) Buffalo Island Central
3) Parkers Chapel
4) Foreman
5) Hector
6) Midland
7) Hazen
8) Marmaduke
9) Poyen
10) everybody else.

As for the 2015-16 season...

1- Spring Hill
2- Foreman
3- Woodlawn
4- Hector
5- Hazen
6- Midland
7- Magnet Cove
8- Dierks
9- BIC
10- Salem

searkhogfan

skydiver

Searkhogfan I hear your coach is leavin. Any truth to it?

jabberhog

Foreman lost their Sr Pitcher as did Midland and Magnet Cove.

I think it will take a year or two to get back to where they are unless they have a really good freshman moving up.

BIC lost 6 seniors.

I thought Marmaduke had a pretty good freshman pitcher that got injured right before they played at Norphlet.

Poyen also lost their senior pitcher.

beastmode00

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 24, 2015, 09:36:22 pm
Woodlawn lost 6 seniors
and their coach, if what I heard is true...

searkhogfan

Quote from: skydiver on May 24, 2015, 10:28:30 pm

You posted it on the other thread.  So you tell me.  My daughter was 1 of the seniors.  So it won't affect me at all.  But if it's true. The next coach will have a solid foundation for a team next year.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 25, 2015, 07:56:31 am
Quote from: skydiver on May 24, 2015, 10:28:30 pm

You posted it on the other thread.  So you tell me.  My daughter was 1 of the seniors.  So it won't affect me at all.  But if it's true. The next coach will have a solid foundation for a team next year.
which team did your daughter play for?

searkhogfan

old dawg

Quote from: beastmode00 on May 24, 2015, 11:39:18 pm
Where is PC in this list?
I thought PC was applying to play a DII college schedule. Top recruiting class coming in.

Just kidding. They were inadvertently left out. I am sure they will be at or near the top.

CMhawgtracks

May 25, 2015, 08:36:43 am #49 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:42:15 am by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: beastmode00 on May 24, 2015, 11:39:18 pm
Where is PC in this list?
PC should be the team to beat. The pitcher will be a junior and only two starters graduated, so if the injury bug stays away, PC should be strong.
Rison has a really good young pitcher, they may be a team to watch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas