• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 7-on-7 Tournaments

Started by Coach DePriest, Sheridan, January 26, 2007, 04:21:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

January 26, 2007, 04:21:43 pm Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:52:29 pm by Coach DePriest, PA
I am working with Robert Upshaw of FCA to get a list of all the schools putting on a 7-on-7 tournament this summer.  If anybody knows who may be putting one on, please post who is hosting it and any information that you have.  Even if you just know the school, we can call the coach and get the details.  Thank you.

I'll start the list:
June 2 - Harding Academy (16 Teams)
            CHAMPION: Pulaski Academy RUNNER-UP: LR Christian
            SEMIFINALIST: Dollarway, Har-Ber

June 2 - West Memphis (8 Teams)
            RUNNER-UP: Blytheville

June 7 (Thursday) - Pulaski Robinson
            CHAMPION: Bryant
            RUNNER-UP: Robinson

June ?? - OBU
              CHAMPION: Lake Hamilton
              RUNNER-UP: Arkadelphia

June 15-16 - Shootout of the South - http://www.shootoutofthesouth.com
            SEMIFINALISTS: Harding Academy, Pulaski Academy
            QUARTERFINALISTS: Fayetteville, Russellville, Robinson

June 15-16 - Harding University

June 30 - CAC
            CHAMPION: CAC
            RUNNER-UP: Lake Hamilton
            SEMIFINALISTS: Arkansas Baptist, Perryville

July 7 - Fountain Lake
            CHAMPION: Lake Hamilton
            RUNNER-UP: Fayetteville

July 7 - Stuttgart - CANCELLED

July 14 - Russellville

July 14 - Lake Hamilton

July 21 - FCA State Championship

MrOfficial

I'd like to organize one of these in NE Arkansas.  It's not very big here, but I think it would be beneficial.  What all is involved, I have no clue, do you use officials, do you have to gain permission from the AAA ... can someone fill me in? 

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: MrOfficial on February 01, 2007, 02:36:59 am
I'd like to organize one of these in NE Arkansas.  It's not very big here, but I think it would be beneficial.  What all is involved, I have no clue, do you use officials, do you have to gain permission from the AAA ... can someone fill me in? 
How much is involved depends on how good you want your tournament to be.  With our tournament for example, 24 teams over 2 days, takes a ton of planning.  The key is to have enough sponsors and more than enough volunteers.

I would suggest holding off a year and visiting a couple before you planned one yourself.  Searcy puts on a great one that gets better every year.  It's usually the first weekend in June. 

And yes, there are referees.  We have 6 games going at once with one referee on each field.  If you want to ref at ours, I can put you in touch with the guy that organizes the referees for us.  Good pay and outstanding hospitality room.  Be prepared to work for it, though, especially if it is hot.

Scorpius

Van Buren is trying to get one started and they usually go to several, if you want I can give you the coaches number, just PM me if you want it.

LittleRed

February 11, 2007, 12:37:02 am #4 Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:10:06 pm by LittleRed
Harding University's 7 on 7 football camp is June 15-16, a Friday and Saturday.  We have added several games to the schedule.  The games begin on Friday at 2:30pm and finish on Saturday by 12:30pm (up to 11 two-half games).  This allows schools to travel on both days. 

Give athletes exposure to a college campus, dorm life, and NCAA Division II Football Coaches, all while having an enjoyable team-bonding trip.

Athletes receive nice t-shirts, dinner on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, bottled Gatorade between games, lunch on Saturday, and championship trophy to winning team.  (ALL MEALS ARE PAID FOR!)

Teams from ARKANSAS, Texas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi,
Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Kentucky!  Teams from 5 states last year.  Several levels of competition!

For complete brochure, visit www.hardingsports.com and look
under "Summer Camps," or call camp director Clay Beason at
501.279.4061 or email cbeason@harding.edu or Paul Simmons at 501.279.5286 or psimmons@harding.edu

Contact Clay Beason at 501.279.4061 or cbeason@harding.edu or Paul Simmons at 501.279.5286 or psimmons@harding.edu

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas