• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to Little Rock Christian 2018 5A State Champions

Started by Lanny, December 02, 2018, 05:39:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

BruinBacker

PA Bruin Fan

LRCA played a great game.  Hats off to their performance today! 

PA Dad

I congratulated LRCA in the championship thread but I'll add congrats here too.  Great game by LRCA.

Pr8hd

Congrats to LRCA. Fantastic job handing the onside kicks and pressure that PA can put on you in a game. Broadcasters slighted LRCA at one point said they got to play for their first title in this one, not true played in 2007 as well. 

Incredible run by PA as well the last 5 years, getting 1 title is hard enough, let alone 4 in a row and in a position for a 5th.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BruinBacker on December 02, 2018, 05:46:12 pm
No surprise. Clearly the best player on the field.

He was the best athlete on the field. #5 from PA was the best football player on the field today.

Chin Music

Quote from: Lanny on December 02, 2018, 05:39:04 pm
Justice Hill MVP

Justice hurt his shoulder in the first half of the Morrilton.  He was not 100 % but his feet are something special.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 02, 2018, 07:10:32 pm
He was the best athlete on the field. #5 from PA was the best football player on the field today.

From PA or LRCA?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 02, 2018, 07:30:25 pm
From PA or LRCA?

Yes.

I meant the one from PA but you could probably make an argument for the LRC receiver too.

Hogman2018

Congratulation to LRC !  Incognito you was right all along i will eat my crow!. Hill is a great player and yall will miss him but you won the big game when you had too!

JessieP

I had said I didn't believe one player could carry an entire team, I was wrong. Hill was incredible, without him they are average, with him State Champs. Relax 5A, he's headed to college. Tonight was his last football game ever and he made the most of it.

Yellowcake

Congrats warriors.
Grant M and Woodard led that team to victory with great defense.
Enjoy the win. Happy for you.
I'll get back to hating you mid summer. 😎✌️

JacketFan

I was hoping we might get a classy post on here from Coach Kelley, he use to post some nice things on here after a lot of his battles, I remember some of the ones posted to Wynne, very classy guy, and congrats to his team this year, and all his success at PA, he has a young team, so I am sure he will run deep into the playoffs next year.  And now to LRCA, WOW, you guys came to play, all facits of the game played to perfection, secondary shutdown the deep ball, line pressure the QB into key mistakes, recover all onside kicks, kicking game was superb, and the offense was explosive.  All keys to beating PA, this film will be studied by many for years to come, Congrats Warriors on being 5A Champs, and good luck Justice Hill at Fayetteville.

Lumberjackfan1978

incogneto

Quote from: JacketFan on December 02, 2018, 09:51:19 pm
I was hoping we might get a classy post on here from Coach Kelley, he use to post some nice things on here after a lot of his battles, I remember some of the ones posted to Wynne, very classy guy, and congrats to his team this year, and all his success at PA, he has a young team, so I am sure he will run deep into the playoffs next year.  And now to LRCA, WOW, you guys came to play, all facits of the game played to perfection, secondary shutdown the deep ball, line pressure the QB into key mistakes, recover all onside kicks, kicking game was superb, and the offense was explosive.  All keys to beating PA, this film will be studied by many for years to come, Congrats Warriors on being 5A Champs, and good luck Justice Hill at Fayetteville.
Coach Kelly was very graceful in a tweet.  As I have seen posted previously 5A would not be the same without PA. 

High Voltage

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Lanny on December 02, 2018, 05:39:04 pm
Justice Hill MVP
Peyton Holt, GW QB is the should-be winner, but LR media will hand it to JH no doubt. He was impressive made some unbelievable runs v PA, but Holt is the total competitor and runs/throws/leads better than anyone.  His team fed off him all year with so many seniors leaving last year.  LRC had an awesome Senior Class, big drop-off next year though.

STUNNA

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 09:29:42 am
Peyton Holt, GW QB is the should-be winner, but LR media will hand it to JH no doubt. He was impressive made some unbelievable runs v PA, but Holt is the total competitor and runs/throws/leads better than anyone.  His team fed off him all year with so many seniors leaving last year.  LRC had an awesome Senior Class, big drop-off next year though.
hard to give a guy the mvp of a game he didn't participate in. And look what happened when PA played LRCA with and without Hill.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: STUNNA on December 03, 2018, 10:01:53 am
hard to give a guy the mvp of a game he didn't participate in. And look what happened when PA played LRCA with and without Hill.
I think he's talking about the Landers Award.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 03, 2018, 11:48:05 am
I think he's talking about the Landers Award.
Yes, Landers Award MVP. Holt was MVP in 6A game as well..

MDXPHD

Quote from: STUNNA on December 03, 2018, 10:01:53 am

Stop - Hill is a huge difference maker but the team as a whole for LRC was different the second time around. Number 9 recovered about every onside kick - was this because Hill was healthy and encouraged him enthusiastically?

STUNNA

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 02:47:50 pm
Stop - Hill is a huge difference maker but the team as a whole for LRC was different the second time around. Number 9 recovered about every onside kick - was this because Hill was healthy and encouraged him enthusiastically?
You think if #9 recovers all the onside kicks and they are using their backup qb they win the first time? Do you think they had more confidence this go around with Hill at qb? LRCA has a talented team and they played the better game and took care of the football better. But LRCA would lose 10/10 times without Hill.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: STUNNA on December 03, 2018, 03:03:48 pm
You think if #9 recovers all the onside kicks and they are using their backup qb they win the first time? Do you think they had more confidence this go around with Hill at qb? LRCA has a talented team and they played the better game and took care of the football better. But LRCA would lose 10/10 times without Hill.

Take PA's QB out and see how PA fairs?    Stupid argument.  LRCA caused 5 turnovers and basically shut out Henry.    Hill, being as great as he is, didn't win this game for LRCA.   

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 03:18:39 pm
Take PA's QB out and see how PA fairs?    Stupid argument.  LRCA caused 5 turnovers and basically shut out Henry.    Hill, being as great as he is, didn't win this game for LRCA.

Take PA's QB out and they lose...just like they did. Take out Hill and LRC loses, it's as simple as that.

Central AR

Quote from: Wildcat Football on December 03, 2018, 09:29:42 am

Greenwood would of beat Benton with their backup QB or their next best athlete playing QB. Holt is an absolute difference maker but the 6A was incredibly weak this season outside of 2-3 schools.

moneyking

Why is everybody making the case that LRCA or PA would not win without their Starting QB? Why does that matter? Its a team sport and the two starting lineups play against each other. Not a battle of backups, but a battle of starting lineups. If a backup comes in then the backup should produce to the best of their ability. At the end of the day, LRCA had a better team on December 2.

JessieP

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 03:18:39 pm
Take PA's QB out and see how PA fairs?    Stupid argument.  LRCA caused 5 turnovers and basically shut outHenry.   Hill, being as great as he is, didn't win this game for LRCA.

Whoa, I picked up on your coded message. Of course, it all makes sense now, Henry Hill and Maury from Maury's wigs (They don't even come off in water) were shaving points. After all, all long as he could remember he wanted to be a gangster.

RyanLR

If Justice Hill played for Greenwood Peyton Holt would ride that pine.

Chief_Osceola™

December 03, 2018, 08:43:39 pm #28 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:43:15 am by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: RyanLR on December 03, 2018, 08:40:31 pm
If Justice Hill played for Greenwood Peyton Holt would ride that pine.

If I remember correctly, he had a thousand plus yards receiving last fall when Noland was the QB. I don't know who the QB would've been in that hypothetical, but I can assure you he wouldn't be riding the pine. The kid is too good of an athlete and to much of a competitor to not be on the field.

Eastbay501

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 03, 2018, 08:43:39 pm
If I remember correctly, he had a thousand plus yards receiving last fall when Nolan's was the QB. I don't know who the QB would've been in that hypothetical, but I can assure you he wouldn't be riding the pine. The kid is too good of an athlete and to much of a competitor to not be on the field.

It would be the "Justice Hill to Peyton Holt on the TD" show  ;D

Chin Music

Quote from: Eastbay501 on December 03, 2018, 11:37:29 pm
It would be the "Justice Hill to Peyton Holt on the TD" show  ;D

True story.....Holt moved to Greenwood I believe in 9th grade from Russelville.  At the time, there was a chance the family was going to move to Little Rock.  The dad talked to me about LRCA.  There were a few days where that looked like it would happen.  They ended up getting to move back home to Greenwood but the Justice to Peyton or Peyton to Justice situation was almost a reality.

JacketFan

Quote from: Chin Music on December 04, 2018, 09:15:47 am
True story.....Holt moved to Greenwood I believe in 9th grade from Russelville.  At the time, there was a chance the family was going to move to Little Rock.  The dad talked to me about LRCA.  There were a few days where that looked like it would happen.  They ended up getting to move back home to Greenwood but the Justice to Peyton or Peyton to Justice situation was almost a reality.
Did you just admit to recruiting Holt?  Just kidding.   ;D ;D

Lions84

Hornet4ever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas