• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Classiest Team/Communities in Arkansas

Started by Greenie, December 02, 2018, 12:58:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenie

Heard a lot of people talking about how teams and communities have no class. what about the other side of the coin? Who and where are some of the classiest places you have been??

Jimbo Morphis

People have been very nice to me at Prescott the two times I've been there. Won one and lost one. Treated the same both times.

Greenie

Im a player for Danville and after the game against Yellville-Summit, the refs came up to the defense and told us that we were some of the classiest players they have seen. Made me proud to be a Little John.

Chief_Osceola™

When Maumelle used to play Fountain Lake, they had awesome fans. This was 3 or 4 years ago, before Maumelle's visitor bleachers were completed. All fans sat on the same side. Maumelle has a huge home seating area, but there was always some overlap. Anyway, I sat near their area, and really enjoyed talking to them. They were very passionate, but were also very considerate and never got out of line.

CURLEYWOLF24

Most cases people are going to be nice in public, the same one's get on Fearless to talk crap!

xadboy

Quote from: Oldman on December 02, 2018, 01:07:59 pm
People have been very nice to me at Prescott the two times I've been there. Won one and lost one. Treated the same both times.
Same here. Been there twice and was treated very good both times.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on December 02, 2018, 03:03:47 pm
Most cases people are going to be nice in public, the same one's get on Fearless to talk crap!
Not me pretty much a horses butt both ways.

HG Hornet

THE ONLY place I've ever been jeered and laughed at after watching my Hornets lose was at Rison in 2016.  Everywhere else we've traveled to, win or lose, we've been treated well......yes, even Hampton!  Dang good BBQ sandwiches!!!  :)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Oldman on December 02, 2018, 01:07:59 pm

I agree.  I am a fan of the Prescott fans in general (on here too), lol.  They are a team who has been there and done that a lot, been on both sides of big games many times because they find themselves in them a lot.  And Ive seen them show class several times after big games, whether the got the W or an L.

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: Greenie on December 02, 2018, 01:56:15 pm
Im a player for Danville and after the game against Yellville-Summit, the refs came up to the defense and told us that we were some of the classiest players they have seen. Made me proud to be a Little John.
Yes! Being from Rison and playing there last year I was very impressed with everyone. The amount of fans that came to our boys and shook hands with them and told them how well they played was impressive. I have nothing but great things to say about Danville!

we_hate_the_band

When I think pure class, I think Cedarville, Yellville Summit, and Elkins.

Rarified aire about those communities.

Greenie

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on December 03, 2018, 09:51:49 am
Yes! Being from Rison and playing there last year I was very impressed with everyone. The amount of fans that came to our boys and shook hands with them and told them how well they played was impressive. I have nothing but great things to say about Danville!
Man the Danville/Rison game was a blast. Rison's fans and players all had excellent sportsmanship. Shame we didn't get to play yall this year. Would have been a great rematch!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Greenie on December 03, 2018, 11:03:39 am
Man the Danville/Rison game was a blast. Rison's fans and players all had excellent sportsmanship. Shame we didn't get to play yall this year. Would have been a great rematch!

Danville wouldn't stand a chance against Rison this year.  Danville had to many kids out hurt.

Wonderdog

In my experience from multiple sports over several years: Bentonville West, Farmington, Gentry, Ozark, Dollarway, Harding Academy, Newport.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 03, 2018, 11:07:40 am
In my experience from multiple sports over several years: Bentonville West, Farmington, Gentry, Ozark, Dollarway, Harding Academy, Newport.
A Dollarway coach told me a few years ago it wasn't safe for me to sit on the home side with his family. They weren't playing Mcgehee that night.

Greenie

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 03, 2018, 11:07:13 am
Danville wouldn't stand a chance against Rison this year.  Danville had to many kids out hurt.
That is very true but still would have been great to play yall again. also good luck to Malik Chavis at UofA. great guy and even better ball player.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Greenie on December 03, 2018, 11:34:23 am
That is very true but still would have been great to play yall again. also good luck to Malik Chavis at UofA. great guy and even better ball player.

Both are very classy programs and well ran

NWA Hawg

Dollarway???

nastynice

Ozark? Lol

Skip Baymore

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on December 03, 2018, 09:54:56 am
When I think pure class, I think Cedarville, Yellville Summit, and Elkins.

Rarified aire about those communities.

These are bordering on being too close together for me.  Though the air is rare and as good as it gets.

ISU7

Quote from: Greenie on December 02, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Heard a lot of people talking about how teams and communities have no class. what about the other side of the coin? Who and where are some of the classiest places you have been??
RiverCrest have class Monday-Friday  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wonderdog

Quote from: Oldman on December 03, 2018, 11:12:02 am
A Dollarway coach told me a few years ago it wasn't safe for me to sit on the home side with his family. They weren't playing Mcgehee that night.
That is unfortunate. My experience was nothing remotely close to that. In fact, after some pleasant first half conversations one gentleman decided he wanted to buy me one of the smoked turkey legs that Dollarway used to sell at games. Not sure if they do that anymore, but it was a nice experience.

Wonderdog

Wonderdog

Quote from: nastynice on December 03, 2018, 05:53:58 pm
Ozark? Lol
My one and only experience there was a positive one. Treated very well and received great service at Rivertowne BBQ before the game. Ended up standing along the top row of concrete bleachers on the visitor side where several Hillbilly fans were located. They were nothing short of friendly the entire game towards me.

Wonderdog

My initial post seems to have been shocking to some. Rarely have I attended a football game (200+ games at least) where the entire fan base was classy. There is always a few that show their tails, but the actions of a few doesn't stray my opinion of the whole bunch. Especially when I have positive interactions with several people.

Coach Jones

Harding Academy  everyone
Rison  players

Str8thug

Glen Rose.  Great atmosphere, nice people, players are super respectful, coaches care about the kids, and always compliment the other teams players after the game.  True story, don't let haters fool you.

CapnObvious

knownothingboutfallball

YSpanther

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 03, 2018, 11:30:12 pm

These are bordering on being too close together for me.  Though the air is rare and as good as it gets.
From Yellville it is around 2 hours to Elkins and closer to three hours to Cedarville.  ;D

I'd like to see your definition of too far apart.

justafan33

Trumann fans and players were class act when we played them in the playoffs.  I've never seen hospitality like that before. 

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Str8thug on December 04, 2018, 12:27:10 pm
Glen Rose.  Great atmosphere, nice people, players are super respectful, coaches care about the kids, and always compliment the other teams players after the game.  True story, don't let haters fool you.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 post of the year. Well done sir

Skip Baymore

Quote from: YSpanther on December 05, 2018, 11:59:49 am
From Yellville it is around 2 hours to Elkins and closer to three hours to Cedarville.  ;D

I'd like to see your definition of too far apart.

Point taken ("me geography" was a little off here apparently). 

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 05, 2018, 08:56:03 pm

And he left out how they have sometimes complimented players during the game.

MR#1

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 04, 2018, 11:05:24 am
My initial post seems to have been shocking to some. Rarely have I attended a football game (200+ games at least) where the entire fan base was classy. There is always a few that show their tails, but the actions of a few doesn't stray my opinion of the whole bunch. Especially when I have positive interactions with several people.

+1

After all, all towns have a village idiot (or two or three or more). Some even post on this site.

YSpanther

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 05, 2018, 10:43:50 pm
Point taken ("me geography" was a little off here apparently).
Coming from Yellville, it takes the better part of forever to reach what passes for civilization.  I found your post more amusing than anger inducing.  Glad you took mine in stride.  Upon rereading it, it came off as more angry than the playfully sarcastic I meant it to be.  :)

Robot Chicken

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 05, 2018, 08:56:03 pm

Joke of the year you mean?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: YSpanther on December 06, 2018, 09:38:21 am
Coming from Yellville, it takes the better part of forever to reach what passes for civilization.  I found your post more amusing than anger inducing.  Glad you took mine in stride.  Upon rereading it, it came off as more angry than the playfully sarcastic I meant it to be.  :)
Coach Truxler still up there?

YSpanther

He's around, but finally retired last year.

Jimbo Morphis

Skip Baymore

Quote from: YSpanther on December 06, 2018, 09:38:21 am

No problem here YS.  I started it anyway, lol.  Its one of my favorite parts of the state up in those parts, btw.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 05, 2018, 11:00:55 pm
And he left out how they have sometimes complimented players during the game.

Absolutely. Pure class all around

YSpanther

Quote from: Oldman on December 06, 2018, 04:11:21 pm
Playing golf full time?
Probably.  Have seen him at a lot of the basketball games and tournaments in the area at times.

DeeGee

Quote from: Oldman on December 02, 2018, 03:06:15 pm
Not me pretty much a horses butt both ways.

As if we didn't know that! Lol!  ;)

Paperman

Osceola was complimented many times during the playoffs by teams from Fouke and Mansfield this year. First time I have ever heard of Osceola being given props for treatment of the other team, officials, and fans. Then traveled to Smackover which was different experience and then to have the Rison fans come in for the semi-final. That was an experience as well.

DeeGee

Harding Academy and Episcopal when they were in the 3A.     

CoolBreeze

HorseFeathers

So is Episcopal, they just don't have 11 man football

DeeGee

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 02, 2019, 12:31:25 pm
So is Episcopal, they just don't have 11 man football
The are in the 8 man league. My soms old personal trainer Tyrell Johnson is one of their coaches.

DeeGee

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 02, 2019, 12:15:00 pm
HA is still 3A.
I haven't kept up a whole lot since my son graduated. He is in his 4th year of college now. So I try my best to keep up but I moved and my youngest is a Senior at Bauxite so I been keeping up with 4A. I still check on GR and Prescott and a few other teams when I think about it. I made a lot of buddies on here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas