• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 28, 2018, 12:29:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

November 28, 2018, 12:29:24 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:30:45 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Now that we have a few games in , what is your top 10...going by FF,  Max preps and what I have seen so far.

1 Batesville 3-0
2 Farmington 3-0
3 De Queen 4-0
4 Berryville 6-0 / Clarksville 5-1
5 Star City 6-1
6 Prairie Grove 3-1
7 Brookland 3-1
8 Morrilton 5-1
9 Heber Springs 4-0
10 Pea Ridge 6-2/ Potsville 3-1

Gray lizard

Not sure Pottsville girls are top 10 at this point.  They should be a good team by the end of the season if coaching change was ok.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 28, 2018, 12:39:58 pm
Not sure Pottsville girls are top 10 at this point.  They should be a good team by the end of the season if coaching change was ok.

Just going by records , good way to get discussions started for the fans!!
Thanks for input!!

Gray lizard

I would for sure consider Clarksville and Morriliton.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 28, 2018, 01:27:04 pm
I would for sure consider Clarksville and Morriliton.

Where would you rank them?

Gray lizard

Still early but I have heard Clarksville is the team to watch in the 4 with Morrilton being a close 2nd

HogCall11

Here is my guess for Top 10
1.Berryville
2.Farmington
3.Brookland
4.Harrison
5.Star City
6.DeQueen
7.Batesville
8.Pea Ridge
9.Clarksville
10.Prairie Grove

cannon

I'm REALLY excited to see Brookland and Batesville match up, and I'm super curious to see how Highland fits into that equation. Sadly, I haven't seen any of the kids outside that district play, except Montecello.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 28, 2018, 05:00:28 pm
I'm REALLY excited to see Brookland and Batesville match up, and I'm super curious to see how Highland fits into that equation. Sadly, I haven't seen any of the kids outside that district play, except Montecello.

We will definitely have our hands full against Batesville , they are loaded and well coached. I like Highland's talent, and Coach but not sure how deep their bench is.
I believe that will be a good game also. I do like the way our talented Sophs are coming along , played pretty well last night,  some off the Bench.
Next Monday  we will go to Pocahontas , they are always tough to play.

Bulldog92

5 I believe is high for Star City. We are still very young and not sure we are be mature enough.

Hawk4L

Looks like 1-4A is the top conference this year ?

Bulldog92

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 28, 2018, 05:57:28 pm
We will definitely have our hands full against Batesville , they are loaded and well coached. I like Highland's talent, and Coach but not sure how deep their bench is.
I believe that will be a good game also. I do like the way our talented Sophs are coming along , played pretty well last night,  some off the Bench.
Next Monday  we will go to Pocahontas , they are always tough to play.
Highland escaped last night! Didn't seem interested in the game last night, at Cave City, til after half! Trailed in the 2nd quarter! Won going away, as they regrouped at half to pull away in the 3rd quarter. Highland has talent but isn't experienced enough to take nights off! Much less, a possession!

MDXPHD

Quote from: HogCall11 on November 28, 2018, 02:26:03 pm
1.Berryville
2.Farmington
3.Brookland
4.Harrison
5.Star City
6.DeQueen
7.Batesville
8.Pea Ridge
9.Clarksville
10.Prairie Grove

Batesville at 7 seems pretty low.

Hawk4L

Farmington and Berryville will be the top of 1-4A but I think PR will finish 3rd. This may be the best PR girls team in long time if not ever.  Lots of speed maybe the fastest team in conference.

Bulldog92

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2018, 06:47:23 am
Batesville at 7 seems pretty low.
Move SC to 10 and that will at least move everyone up one spot.

87DAWG

Quote from: HogCall11 on November 28, 2018, 02:26:03 pm
1.Berryville
2.Farmington
3.Brookland
4.Harrison
5.Star City
6.DeQueen
7.Batesville
8.Pea Ridge
9.Clarksville
10.Prairie Grove
Batesville at 7 is disrespectful! But hey! It is your opinion.

HogCall11

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 29, 2018, 10:05:47 am
Batesville at 7 is disrespectful! But hey! It is your opinion.

I apologize, didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. They had only played 3 games and I was just kind of putting a list together. Should they be a top 3 team?

NEA Razorback olfan

November 29, 2018, 10:26:50 am #18 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:45:30 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: HogCall11 on November 29, 2018, 10:09:31 am
I apologize, didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. They had only played 3 games and I was just kind of putting a list together. Should they be a top 3 team?

No Apology needed HigCall11,  thanks for your list....Batesville lost to 5A State Champion Hot Springs in 5A State semifinals by 2pts last year and bring their main core back and added another guard. They are loaded.
This is for fans all over Arkansas to share information on their teams and other local teams that some people in other parts of the State don't get to see play.
Since Barryville and Farmington are in your top picks  I would say you are from the NW area and watch those teams. Thanks for your input and I'm sure Dawg thanks you too!!

AuburnTigers98

Batesville looks very impressive so far. I'd put them in the top five.

Gray lizard

These type post are good to start conversation.  I don't think anyone means to disrespect any team.  Most of us just get to see a few teams from your area of the state.  Once the half way point of the season rolls around everyone will have a better idea who the teams to watch will be.  I for one like to see how the teams around the state are doing.  There a lot of cross district and classification games going on now so post scores and views on the teams you see. Not in our classification but it appears the Two Rivers(Ola) girls might be a strong 3-a team.

Hawk4L

PR beat Magazine 77-47 in Lavaca Tournament.  Think they play Lamar tonight

scrapdig

Batesville is no doubt a top 3 team.  Nobody can argue that. 

Bulldog92

I think Olfan will agree with me to a point on what I am about to say. Just because Batesville finished 2nd in 5A last season doesn't necessarily put them at the top of 4A. Are they good yes but year in year out 4A girls, in my humble opinion, are just under the 7A as a whole. Once we see all of our teams play in these Holiday tournaments and get a few conference games under our belt we all will have a better idea of the strength of our schools. I am really enjoying the conversation about girls basketball on here. Especially seeing that it is coming from all over the state. Good luck to everyone.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 29, 2018, 07:22:36 pm #24 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:26:16 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 29, 2018, 06:59:08 pm
I think Olfan will agree with me to a point on what I am about to say. Just because Batesville finished 2nd in 5A last season doesn't necessarily put them at the top of 4A. Are they good yes but year in year out 4A girls, in my humble opinion, are just under the 7A as a whole. Once we see all of our teams play in these Holiday tournaments and get a few conference games under our belt we all will have a better idea of the strength of our schools. I am really enjoying the conversation about girls basketball on here. Especially seeing that it is coming from all over the state. Good luck to everyone.
e

I do agree to a point , most of the teams will be replacing players from graduation by the younger players and some from move in players. Every season is different , teams have to gel and form that new chemistry with their new players filling spots from last years starters that moved on. Teams that have their main core and move players into spots that did get a lot of PT last year have the advantage IMO.
Watching and Playing Batesville last year they are really strong. I give them the nod over the teams I have seen. I did get to watch most 4A teams at State in Brookland.
Some every good talent in 4A ...Berryville nice height, Pottsvile had a good group, same with Gravett, Star City , ...CAC with Williams was fun to Watch. Of Course Batesville , Farmington , Harrison, Morrilton was 5A .

RunninJoe

Batesville girls put up 98 tonight against Hall (98-60 final). I haven't seen them but everyone who has seen them says they're really special this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RunninJoe on November 29, 2018, 09:21:05 pm
Batesville girls put up 98 tonight against Hall (98-60 final). I haven't seen them but everyone who has seen them says they're really special this year.

Wow , sounds like Batesville had a lay-up fest
They are my top 4A team early in the season.
Thanks for update.

87DAWG

Quote from: HogCall11 on November 29, 2018, 10:09:31 am
Nothing personal! They are loaded! I didn't mean to disrespect you if you felt offended! They are really deep!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 29, 2018, 06:59:08 pm

I just don't see why you think 4A girls are just under 7A. Take CAC and river view out the last several years and it's pretty average. I mean, didn't berryville lose to river view last year? They split with south side. I think 5A girls have been solid the last few years. Of course, everyone will support their team but I'm going to go ahead and say Batesville has to be top 5. They play at a faster pace than most of the other teams listed and that could hurt them or help them. It should be a fun season on the girls side of things.

Bulldog92

I never mentioned my team I said as a whole year in year out 4A is just under 7A. 4 A girls basketball is normally some of the best all around. Just my opinion from watching a lot of girls basketball over the years. Olfan makes a lot of good points about returning players and up and comers. My point was that more times than not the 4A overall has better girls basketball teams.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 30, 2018, 07:09:37 am
I never mentioned my team I said as a whole year in year out 4A is just under 7A. 4 A girls basketball is normally some of the best all around. Just my opinion from watching a lot of girls basketball over the years. Olfan makes a lot of good points about returning players and up and comers. My point was that more times than not the 4A overall has better girls basketball teams.

We can agree to disagree on this. I think that NE Arkansas is going to impress some of the West this season.

Gray lizard

Got to see Farmington play at Pottsville last night.  Farming won by about 15 I think.  Farming is a good team but not sure they are a top 2 in the state. They play an up tempo game and have one girl that can shoot the tree very well.
Pottsville will be 3 in district at best.  I thought they might fair well but the loss of last years seniors was greater than expected.  Don't get me wrong they will be a pretty good team that will upset some good teams on a good night.  I think they would make and do well in region if the same as last year, but with the upgrade I don't expect them to advance out of the region.

Woopig6

I think Gosnell may be strong this year. Hearing they've got some good players coming through that program!

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 30, 2018, 11:01:35 am
I think Gosnell may be strong this year. Hearing they've got some good players coming through that program!

i agree woopig6!! Gosnell is incredible atheltic and can really cause teams problems

Klaw30

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 30, 2018, 11:02:56 am
i agree woopig6!! Gosnell is incredible atheltic and can really cause teams problems
I heard they were bad though

Woopig6

November 30, 2018, 11:19:55 am #35 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:22:59 am by Woopig6
Quote from: Klaw30 on November 30, 2018, 11:12:27 am
I heard they were bad though
They've had a rough start to the season. Talent is there, maybe not playing as a unit? Really pulling hard for this team. This is a minor setback for a major comeback!

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 30, 2018, 11:19:55 am
They've had a rough start to the season. Talent is there, maybe not playing as a unit? Really pulling hard for this team. This is a minor setback for a major comeback!

I think Gosnell is going to respond from adversity very well. this is a mentally strong team.

NEA Razorback olfan

We don't have them on our schedule this year so I believe Gosnell is 3A now , they have good athletes that play hard!!  best of luck to them this season!!

MDXPHD

Batesville Girls - 84
Searcy Girls - 45

Batesville improves to 5-0

Hawk4L

Girls Lavaca Tournament Championship
Pea Ridge 47
Providence Academy 43
Final

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 01, 2018, 07:17:40 pm
Batesville Girls - 84
Searcy Girls - 45

Batesville improves to 5-0

Thanks for update , great start for Batesville

iRebound

Caught the finals of the Brinkley Tournament. Stuttgart vs Brinkley on the girls side and Stuttgart vs Jacksonville Lighthouse on the boys side.

Stuttgart girls got down 7-0 early and then never looked back. They won by 30 or so. Look to have some pretty good kids, with a mixture of shooters and bigs. I was impressed. They traditionally weren't good in the past but seem to have been successful recently. I looked them up and they're 5-0 but really haven't played anyone other than Searcy. I wonder how they'll fair with Estem and PA in their conference.

MDXPHD

Saw where Batesville opened up 9 overall in the first ASM poll. Not bad.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 04, 2018, 11:51:32 am #43 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:58:39 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2018, 11:40:37 am
Saw where Batesville opened up 9 overall in the first ASM poll. Not bad.

Congrats, they are very talented

MDXPHD

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 04, 2018, 11:51:32 am
Congrats, they are very talented

They are but you guys will test us for sure. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2018, 12:30:36 pm
They are but you guys will test us for sure. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Watched Batesville's girls play valley view last night. Batesville was off their game and a little lethargic, so it turned out to be entertaining. Don't remember the final, but Batesville won by 13. I was proud of V.V.'s girls for hanging around and keeping it interesting. Turned out to be a fun game.

MDXPHD

I think it was because Batesville beat them by 30 or so just a week ago. It seems to make it harder to get up for a game like that - no offense to valley view.

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2018, 06:34:48 pm
I think it was because Batesville beat them by 30 or so just a week ago. It seems to make it harder to get up for a game like that - no offense to valley view.

None taken — and I didn't mean to belittle Batesville. The players hate those games as much as the fans do. They want to be challenged, and sometimes, when the opponent doesn't rise to the occasion, teams slide to the level of their competition. And I'm not downing Valley View's girls - they tried their guts out last night. They're just down this season, and will be for a couple years.

MDXPHD

I agree. Those games just aren't fun. I'm glad it was more entertaining than the last game though!

Hawk4L

December 04, 2018, 07:53:16 pm #49 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:10:25 pm by Hawk4L
Pea Ridge 53
Ozark 31  Final

Pea Ridge looks very strong right now. Very fast team.  Blakelee Winn is a stud. She's a sophomore.   Hollyn Davis and Gabby Adams very good seniors.  Maria Socha & Katelyn Swope also in starting 5 both seniors.  They will give every team they face fits this year and I expect them to win a lot of games.   Now 9-2 on season 1 loss to Berryville by 5 which Is also one of the best teams in state.  Other loss to Charleston. That game we just couldn't get shots to fall.  Excited to see how this team finishes this year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas