• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Des Arc @ Junction City

Started by bleudog, November 16, 2018, 09:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle did have lead on JC in 2013. If Ricks doesn't get torn ACL, JC would've went down. That was a great game to watch. Dancy was fun to watch. And Ricks was unstoppable until the knee. 

bleudog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 20, 2018, 08:37:04 am
Carlisle did have lead on JC in 2013. If Ricks doesn't get torn ACL, JC would've went down. That was a great game to watch. Dancy was fun to watch. And Ricks was unstoppable until the knee. 

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

BrianfromCarlisle

Bleudog.  Always love the articles you pull out.  Great reads.  That sure was an exciting game

dragondad

Des Arc at JUNCTION CITY (21): After some early-season adjustments, JC's 5-2 defense has tightened behind senior DL Semaj Livingston (36 tackles, 6.5 TFL) and sophomore Tanner Barnett (team-high 72 stops). Junction City allowed 103 points in its first three games. It has allowed 61 points in the eight games since. Seventeen Dragons recorded tackles last week in a 50-14 mauling of Mountainburg. JC senior Dhante Gibson has rushed for 1,160 yards and 16 TDs, while junior Jakiron Cook has carried for 1,012 yards and 14 TDs.  Des Arc's run-first attack averages 333 rushing yards per game, led by junior Jackson Morton's 1,232 yards and 14 TDs. A week ago, senior QB Garrett Goodman torched Mountain Pine by rushing 23 times for 159 yards and a TD and completing three passes for 93 yards and two TDs. Senior LB Zeke Tacker (11 stops) and senior DT Chuck Crawford (nine tackles) led a Des Arc defense that held athletic Mountain Pine to 262 yards. MP leading receiver Josh Walpole caught just one pass. Des Arc has reached the quarterfinals, at least, five of the past six seasons.

www.hootens.com

bleudog

November 20, 2018, 01:15:43 pm #54 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:20:27 pm by bleudog
LaLaLand's take on the game.

Des Arc (AR) at Junction City (AR)   [projection: Junction City (AR) 40-17]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_13

Prouddragondad

I just don't see Des Arc beating JC. I'm sure they will play better then Burg did but JC is playing at another level right now. They are big, fast and very physical. I was very very impressed with them. I believe they will win it all. Only think I wasn't impressed with was that someone keyed my car at the game. Had about $4000 worth of damage to it. Really upsetting to get your butt kick in the game and then have someone do that to your car. Anyways I got JC by 3 TDs.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 20, 2018, 05:32:20 pm
I just don't see Des Arc beating JC. I'm sure they will play better then Burg did but JC is playing at another level right now. They are big, fast and very physical. I was very very impressed with them. I believe they will win it all. Only think I wasn't impressed with was that someone keyed my car at the game. Had about $4000 worth of damage to it. Really upsetting to get your butt kick in the game and then have someone do that to your car. Anyways I got JC by 3 TDs.
thats terrible, unfortunately there are hoodlums in every town.

Prouddragondad

dawgpound

I honestly think junction wins in a mercy rule DA gets desperate late and starts throwing PICKS pun intended

dragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 20, 2018, 05:32:20 pm

Sorry that happened to you, especially at our house.  Unfortunately we have a few bad apples, like most other places.

I'm sending you a PM

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 20, 2018, 05:53:52 pm
I honestly think junction wins in a mercy rule DA gets desperate late and starts throwing PICKS pun intended

Wont be the first time they have mercy ruled us or yall.

dawgpound

We will worry about them in December while y'all are on the hardwood

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 20, 2018, 08:21:19 pm
We will worry about them in December while y'all are on the hardwood

Yall gonna be there Monday

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 20, 2018, 09:00:13 pm
Naw naw

Yall going straight to baseball?  We are going to win state in that too.

bleudog

November 20, 2018, 09:50:23 pm #65 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:52:02 pm by bleudog
I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn from this, but when it comes to quarterfinals the Hampton/Hazen bunch seem to be quite chatty.    

QUARTERFINALS - Hampton @ Hazen
685 Replies

QUARTERFINALS - Earle @ Foreman
127 Replies

64 Replies

QUARTERFINALS - Mount Ida @ Conway Christian New
43 Replies

Old Scrapper

Quote from: bleudog on November 20, 2018, 09:50:23 pm
I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn from this, but when it comes to quarterfinals the Hampton/Hazen bunch seem to be quite chatty.    

QUARTERFINALS - Hampton @ Hazen
685 Replies

QUARTERFINALS - Earle @ Foreman
127 Replies

64 Replies

QUARTERFINALS - Mount Ida @ Conway Christian New
43 Replies
we were jabbing back and forth, about 10% was about the game the rest all bull

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

who-knew

Just waiting on tigersblood take on this one

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 21, 2018, 08:06:38 am

hoping he didn't drop his phone in the water while duck hunting......

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2018, 08:50:59 am

hoping he didn't drop his phone in the water while duck hunting......
Yeah that would be awful

bleudog

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: who-knew on November 21, 2018, 08:06:38 am
The anticipation is killing me! 😂

Wilson

Quote from: Dragon I on November 19, 2018, 10:12:21 am
Think about Godfrey in the spread not having to run into 10 in the box.

I've said that very same thing ever since Marcus graduated. . . . back before JC even thought of considering running the spread. . . imagine him in the shotgun in either a 1 back set or empty backfield with 5 wide. . . that much space. . .he would have a legit chance on every play to either throw a touchdown pass or run for a TD. . .a lot of folks have no clue how good of a throwing arm Marcus had. . .he could really sling a baseball on the mound. . .just another world type of athlete

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2018, 09:06:01 pm

I've said that very same thing ever since Marcus graduated. . . . back before JC even thought of considering running the spread. . . imagine him in the shotgun in either a 1 back set or empty backfield with 5 wide. . . that much space. . .he would have a legit chance on every play to either throw a touchdown pass or run for a TD. . .a lot of folks have no clue how good of a throwing arm Marcus had. . .he could really sling a baseball on the mound. . .just another world type of athlete
He still has that arm and can crush a softball 😂

bleudog

November 22, 2018, 07:35:38 am #76 Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:38:50 am by bleudog
EDNT pregame articles:  CLICK HERE  CLICK HERE 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2018, 09:06:01 pm

Dang brought Wilson out for a post. Good to see you're still above ground

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2018, 08:47:18 am
Dang brought Wilson out for a post. Good to see you're still above ground
Yeah every since we got rid of our plane he doesn't socialize as much....

who-knew

Dang still no tigersblood, must be a good one he's coming up with

tigerblood

Just got out of my food coma. Started the day like always with a couple nattys, 6 strips of bacon, and a marlboro light. Next thing I knew my sister was hammering a turkey leg, looking at me like I was next. Never get between that woman and her food. She use to be about a buck 30, now shes closing in on three bucks...whole lotta woman. Anyway, I started eating and at some point in there, not sure if it was the food or the 23 nattys, but I passed out. Probably a combination of both. Suddenly I was back in medieval times. I was wearing a suit of armour and holding a bow in one hand. The only thought on my mine is if I see the bud knight off of those commericals I am going take that joker out in the name of Natural Light. A loud roar came from out of no where and a Dragon flew in from the east. I watched as it landed not far from me, and the ground began to shake. Heck to the naw. Then a trumpet sounded and over the hill to the west rode in a snow white horse. Its rider looking like the angel of death. As he got closer, I knew who it was. Houdini Widener, carrying a golden sword. Luckily I remember that before dinner started I stuck a natty in my pocket so I could have the last one. I cracked it open and decided to watch the show. Houdini commenced to attacking the large dragon, and I thought he had no chance. The dragon was tougher than anticipated and was beginning to win the fight, when none other than Brian "the Wall" Paschal rode in on a large donkey. The donkey looked to be holder than Brian himself, and did not seem very happy to be there. The whole fight was delay cause the donkey got halfway to the fight and stopped so Brian had to get off and drag the donkey the rest of the way. When he finally got to the fight Houdini Widener was struggling. Seeing this, Brian leaped into action. He transformed into the The Wall and put almost a mystical spell over the dragon where it could not move. Houdini Widener held his sword high into the air and then slayed the dragon. Martin 'the bearded boy wonder' Guthrie emerged from the bushes out of no where, wearing his typical white robe and said "It is finished". Just then Brian's donkey took a gasp and collapsed. Im sure out of being over worked carrying The Wall a great distance. Martin then said "Dang it. I meant the fight, not the donkey."

I woke from my food coma, cracked a natty and decided that I'd make another plate and go for round two. Gunna be a tough one this week, but I think Des Arc pulls this one out over the Junction City Dragons 35-33. Go Eagles!

Old Scrapper

There you go fellas! Hold up the nattys 🍺🍺and cheer.

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

Quote from: tigerblood on November 22, 2018, 02:55:31 pm
Just got out of my food coma. Started the day like always with a couple nattys, 6 strips of bacon, and a marlboro light. Next thing I knew my sister was hammering a turkey leg, looking at me like I was next. Never get between that woman and her food. She use to be about a buck 30, now shes closing in on three bucks...whole lotta woman. Anyway, I started eating and at some point in there, not sure if it was the food or the 23 nattys, but I passed out. Probably a combination of both. Suddenly I was back in medieval times. I was wearing a suit of armour and holding a bow in one hand. The only thought on my mine is if I see the bud knight off of those commericals I am going take that joker out in the name of Natural Light. A loud roar came from out of no where and a Dragon flew in from the east. I watched as it landed not far from me, and the ground began to shake. Heck to the naw. Then a trumpet sounded and over the hill to the west rode in a snow white horse. Its rider looking like the angel of death. As he got closer, I knew who it was. Houdini Widener, carrying a golden sword. Luckily I remember that before dinner started I stuck a natty in my pocket so I could have the last one. I cracked it open and decided to watch the show. Houdini commenced to attacking the large dragon, and I thought he had no chance. The dragon was tougher than anticipated and was beginning to win the fight, when none other than Brian "the Wall" Paschal rode in on a large donkey. The donkey looked to be holder than Brian himself, and did not seem very happy to be there. The whole fight was delay cause the donkey got halfway to the fight and stopped so Brian had to get off and drag the donkey the rest of the way. When he finally got to the fight Houdini Widener was struggling. Seeing this, Brian leaped into action. He transformed into the The Wall and put almost a mystical spell over the dragon where it could not move. Houdini Widener held his sword high into the air and then slayed the dragon. Martin 'the bearded boy wonder' Guthrie emerged from the bushes out of no where, wearing his typical white robe and said "It is finished". Just then Brian's donkey took a gasp and collapsed. Im sure out of being over worked carrying The Wall a great distance. Martin then said "Dang it. I meant the fight, not the donkey."

I woke from my food coma, cracked a natty and decided that I'd make another plate and go for round two. Gunna be a tough one this week, but I think Des Arc pulls this one out over the Junction City Dragons 35-33. Go Eagles!

dragondad

Turkey today and Eagles for a light snack tomorrow night.

Go Dragons!!!

bleudog

cuz

November 23, 2018, 01:39:52 pm #87 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:44:22 pm by cuz
                                 GO DRAGONS   

cuz

November 23, 2018, 01:44:39 pm #88 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:46:16 pm by cuz
Safe Travels Eagles

bleudog

bleudog

Although I've got to admit I do like this one:

dawgpound

Da fans if you travel 167 between fordyce and Hampton be careful in the construction it's been several really bad wrecks through there especially in the rain

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 23, 2018, 03:41:53 pm
Da fans if you travel 167 between fordyce and Hampton be careful in the construction it's been several really bad wrecks through there especially in the rain

State troopers were thick at fordyce. 😳😳😳

Pick_DA_EAGLES

This game will be live streamed by creative sports network

BO_KNOWS

cuz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

cuz

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas