• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Nashville @ Shiloh

Started by beach bum, November 16, 2018, 09:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

If coaching is the predictor than Nash Vegas should win this one. Coach Volarvich destroyed the GAC with his "scorched earth" offense.

iivydriff

Top Shelf

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 21, 2018, 11:29:47 pm
This season Shiloh has unity like I have not seen.  That's always a very difficult thing to compete against.
Interesting there is so much unity- considering the players have only known each other for a short time..

game on

That unity goes a long way but you assume Nashville doesn't have it and we all know what happens when you assume!   Nashville has speed and athletes better than any Shiloh has faced, so it will not be as easy as the rest of the schedule.

Coltfan2005

This season Shiloh has unity like I have not seen.  That's always a very difficult thing to compete against. 

A unified team with no talent, no size, and no speed will lose every single game. A team with little unity but with size, talent, and speed will win 9 times out of 10.

Top Shelf

Average team with unity- 35
Above average team with unity- 44

Saints1845

Say what you will about Shiloh, but lets dispel some myths...
For all the talk about the 4A-7, one thing everyone is overlooking is strength of schedule.
Nashvilles opponents 63-68 Nashville scored 479, Opponents Scored 199 \ differential 280
Shilohs opponents 69-65 Shiloh Scored 523, opponents 142 \ differential 381
Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the whole story either. Theres more to it than most people care to look into. Shiloh has outscored on average better opponents by a total of 101 points more than Nashville. Shiloh gave up 54 of those points the 1st week of the season when they had 5 starters out, and a 6th player knocked out on the first play of the game.
Shiloh has scored less than 35 points exactly 1 time this season, against what is widely considered to be the Number 1 team in Oklahoma 2A (would be a 4A school in AR), and that, was a Shiloh win.
Shiloh has mercy ruled every opponent this season since week 3
Nashville has scored less than 35 points 5 times and mercy ruled 5 teams with a weaker strength of schedule.

Friday should be a fun game to watch.
my prediction Shiloh 49, Nashville 35.
But anything can happen, any Friday night.

Top Shelf

Quote from: tmdowell on November 22, 2018, 09:19:09 pm
For all the talk about the 4A-7, one thing everyone is overlooking is strength of schedule.
Nashvilles opponents 63-68 Nashville scored 479, Opponents Scored 199 \ differential 280
Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the whole story either. Theres more to it than most people care to look into. Shiloh has outscored on average better opponents by a total of 101 points more than Nashville. Shiloh gave up 54 of those points the 1st week of the season when they had 5 starters out, and a 6th player knocked out on the first play of the game.
Shiloh has scored less than 35 points exactly 1 time this season, against what is widely considered to be the Number 1 team in Oklahoma 2A (would be a 4A school in AR), and that, was a Shiloh win.
Nashville has scored less than 35 points 5 times and mercy ruled 5 teams with a weaker strength of schedule.

Said a lot to not say anything- 35
Will do their talking on the scoreboard- 44

richboy

November 23, 2018, 09:09:20 am #108 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:13:30 am by richboy
Quote from: tmdowell on November 22, 2018, 09:19:09 pm
Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the whole story either. Theres more to it than most people care to look into. Shiloh has outscored on average better opponents by a total of 101 points more than Nashville. Shiloh gave up 54 of those points the 1st week of the season when they had 5 starters out, and a 6Th player knocked out on the first play of the game.

good assessment but not telling the whole story still... 3 , 7-4a teams are still in the playoffs! while Shiloh has been the ONLY TEAM left from their conference since the first round so scoring more and allowing less points is pretty reasonable lol Shiloh has a weak schedule... the Oklahoma school is not ranked number 1, dont know where you got that. I looked a few days ago and their number 4 or 5. Now Shiloh is playing great football and they will most likely win (unless Nashville gets rolling) but dont try to make them seem what their not. If Shiloh was in the 7-4 they would of competed but they wouldn't of mercy ruled everyone from this conference like they did in the 1.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: richboy on November 23, 2018, 09:09:20 am
good assessment but not telling the whole story still... 3 , 7-4a teams are still in the playoffs! while Shiloh has been the ONLY TEAM left from their conference since the first round so scoring more and allowing less points is pretty reasonable lol Shiloh has a weak schedule... the Oklahoma school is not ranked number 1, dont know where you got that. I looked a few days ago and their number 4 or 5. Now Shiloh is playing great football and they will most likely win (unless Nashville gets rolling) but dont try to make them seem what their not. If Shiloh was in the 7-4 they would of competed but they wouldn't of mercy ruled everyone from this conference like they did in the 1.

I think the 4 teams that have a shot are -

Joe T
Arkie
Shiloh
Nashville

Shiloh and Nashville have the most challenging path so I give the overall edge to Joe T....  Anything can happen in regards to the other teams, you do have to play the games :).... 

Tonight should be a very good game.  It's not the match ups of 09,10 or 15.  I think we see a very close game that comes down to who makes less mistakes...

Overdahill

I'll take Shiloh at home (would've take Nashville at home btw)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Saints go marching on...
Be safe traveling Scrappers and hoping for injury free game to both squads!

game on

Shiloh's conference was pretty soft, 1st round showed that.  What they scored in a soft conference is not goin to be definitive.  Matchups matter and the 1-4A was full of soft teams. 
Not saying you couldn't have one great team, but they have to prove it by beating the rest.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I would say the 1-4A's performance  was average, clearly not as good as the 7 or 8, but on par with the other conferences. I think Pea Ridge would have been better if they had not transitioned to mixing in shotgun option type plays. Once their QB got hurt their coaching staff slammed the brakes hard and drastically changed schemes to play unimaginative 32-personnel schemes against Shiloh and Helena.

CoachRH

One thing for sure!  We will see how soft the 4A-1 is tonight!
;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: CoachRH on November 23, 2018, 04:20:12 pm
One thing for sure!  We will see how soft the 4A-1 is tonight!
;D

That's was she said....   too easy  ;D

Any Scrappers want to meet shoot me a PM and I'll buy you a fancy cup of coffee from the 7brew trailer.

~WPS~

Jamison to Basiliere 74 yard TD pass

Nashville 7
Shiloh 0

8:26 1st

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 23, 2018, 07:09:56 pm
Jamison to Basiliere 74 yard TD pass

Nashville 7
Shiloh 0

8:26 1st

That receiver has some serious speed !!

DQLeopard83

richboy

sportsguy80

Not looking good for the scrappers...

~WPS~

richboy

Football_Fan25

Quote from: richboy on November 23, 2018, 07:49:23 pm
Update?

Nashville sucks, not even a close game.  The crapers blowing it.lol

Redskin2015

Treason756

quicksand

SC leads 21-7   3:19 remaining in 2nd quarter

richboy

Quote from: quicksand on November 23, 2018, 08:01:18 pm
SC leads 21-7   3:19 remaining in 2nd quarter
Nashville scores fast. Theyre not out yet

~WPS~

Shiloh finally messes up. High snap recovered by Nashville for a TD

21-14 Shiloh

2:57 2nd

sportsguy80

quicksand

~WPS~

And Shiloh returns the kickoff. Unbelievable ...

~WPS~

Jamison to Basiliere 11 yard TD

Shiloh 28
Nashville 21

1:08 2nd

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Nail bitters are always the best games.

richboy

$aintMaximu$

Nashville is in no way out of this game.  I'm very impressed with the Nashville O line !!

~WPS~

The fact that Nashville is only down 7 as many mistakes as they made makes me feel good.

JoeWho

Nashville knows how to win close games.  A 7 point lead over Nashville at half is not enough.

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 23, 2018, 08:18:38 pm
Nashville is in no way out of this game.  I'm very impressed with the Nashville O line !!

Our coaching and play calling has been a bit suspect late in the 1st half... no spark like the 1st quarter !!!

sportsguy80

richboy

quicksand

richboy

quicksand

polksalet

mharris31696

quicksand

richboy

Quote from: quicksand on November 23, 2018, 09:20:11 pm
SC leads 34-21  End of 3rd
appreciate the update! I dont have data to check this game

RyanLR

~WPS~

Found a new way to mess up. Rough the snapper on a FG. Rough night for the Scrappers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas