• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris devastating last second loss.

Started by papaeagle, October 21, 2018, 09:56:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

papaeagle

I am still out of town and my friend is on vacation and can't call him.. What a horrible last second loss 14-13 to West Fork! Checked the Gazette on line and says Paris stopped WF on Paris' 20 yard line with about 2 minutes to go and Paris leading 13-12. Then two penalties pushed Paris back towards its own goal and Paris just had to punt to win the game as time ran out but it was blocked, leading to a safety and a 14-13 loss. Can some Paris fan tell me what happened???  ???

1) what were the two player penalties that pushed us back so far, forcing us to punt on the last play from our own end zone?

(2) with only a few seconds, why not run the ball laterally to run the clock out? Blocking a punt as time ran out would have meant a run could have taken up all the time remaining..   Thanks for any info Paris FF posters. Heart breaking. Never heard of an ending like this. Two crucial penalties and a blocked punt to lose the game after stopping WF on our 20 yard line. Just can not imagine two penalties when you are just trying to run the clock out, take a knee 2-3 times and punt if needed but not from end zone... Scratching my head for sure...  :-\

Truthfully

Hmmm. I wonder too. Seems like an OC play calling issue but, then again, if players play well there would not have been 2 penalties in the  last minute either.
Just a memorable loss I guess. No radio broadcast, so I can not help you on what happened. I can not attend games anymore, home bound at night since can not drive in darkness.
Truthfully

papaeagle

Looks like worst season since 0-10 in about 2004-05 seasons. No stimulation to get players out or work hard during off season I guess.

Truthfully

Quote from: papaeagle on November 01, 2018, 05:16:54 pm
Looks like worst season since 0-10 in about 2004-05 seasons. No stimulation to get players out or work hard during off season I guess.
Think it was the 2003 season PapaEagle. Seems like the team missed not having that extra assistant coach position that was deleted this year. Coach Vickers always does a great job, but with the players needing more 'one on one' attention, that extra assistant would have helped Vickers and the other two assistants. Hopefully the Junior High players coming up will help the player numbers out for football next year. Conditioning and desire are big parts of a player's ability to play tough football, moreso now than in past years, with all the other distractions in a student's life... Hope next year will see some turnaround in the Paris football program. I was unable to attend games this year due to my illnesses. GO EAGLES..
Truthfully   ???

papaeagle

Quote from: Truthfully on November 03, 2018, 10:19:10 am
Think it was the 2003 season PapaEagle. Seems like the team missed not having that extra assistant coach position that was deleted this year. Coach Vickers always does a great job, but with the players needing more 'one on one' attention, that extra assistant would have helped Vickers and the other two assistants. Hopefully the Junior High players coming up will help the player numbers out for football next year. Conditioning and desire are big parts of a player's ability to play tough football, moreso now than in past years, with all the other distractions in a student's life... Hope next year will see some turnaround in the Paris football program. I was unable to attend games this year due to my illnesses. GO EAGLES..
Truthfully   ???
Yes it was 2003. I went back and checked the results..
I think Coach Vickers would make a great HC for some school in 3A-4A, knows defensive strategies and gets respect from players. A no-nonsense person who treats all players with respect and does not cater to "ego oriented" players. Anyway, hope Paris keeps him before someone else offers him a position elsewhere in the central AR area. HNY everyone and hope for a better year in 2019 and maybe a win or two, if enough players come out for football who will work hard and really want to play football.

papaeagle

Well, couple of months gone by since last post.
Wonder if anyone has heard of any new players coming in from GR or elsewhere? For sure we need more players out for FB who care about winning and that will work hard in off season. 22-25 players won't get the job done. With Charleston's situation, for sure no more transfers there anymore with people moving in;  Paris is too far from Ft. Smith's daily travel if a parent has a job there. Maybe less kids will change to Subiaco when entering the 10th grade. The parents can help in that situation. Paris teachers are very good, and the kids are well educated in grades 1-9... So staying in Paris is a "plus" in my opinion.
So, any info on this upcoming year and hopefully a couple of wins?
???   :-\

Trojanbird

Quote from: papaeagle on March 03, 2019, 03:19:54 pm
Well, couple of months gone by since last post.
Wonder if anyone has heard of any new players coming in from GR or elsewhere? For sure we need more players out for FB who care about winning and that will work hard in off season. 22-25 players won't get the job done. With Charleston's situation, for sure no more transfers there anymore with people moving in;  Paris is too far from Ft. Smith's daily travel if a parent has a job there. Maybe less kids will change to Subiaco when entering the 10th grade. The parents can help in that situation. Paris teachers are very good, and the kids are well educated in grades 1-9... So staying in Paris is a "plus" in my opinion.
So, any info on this upcoming year and hopefully a couple of wins?
???   :-\
If the parents can afford it, a high school education from Paris versus Subiaco is a no brainier!

RTF

Quote from: Trojanbird on March 03, 2019, 09:07:19 pm
If the parents can afford it, a high school education from Paris versus Subiaco is a no brainier!

I know right? Paris hands down.

Redwolves8526

You have a good one there in Tyler Clark. Give him time.

Truthfully

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 06, 2019, 01:53:46 pm
You have a good one there in Tyler Clark. Give him time.
Giving time is one thing but the second problem is how much time, considering it takes a LOT of players to go out for football with the potential for their talent improving with good coaching and the players giving a good effort too. Paris needs 30-35 out for football at a minimum to weather the storm for injuries and being able to not play SO many players BOTH ways, getting fatigued in the 3rd quarter. Coach Vickers is a big part of team improvement and driving the players to do better. Clark will slowly improve with time; how much is the question. Otherwise he will be looking to "move on" after a couple of years. Good luck Eagles. This year I will not be able to see games in person, being confined to home.
Truthfully

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas