• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injured Player Protocol

Started by dirtybird12, October 15, 2018, 10:07:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 16, 2018, 10:01:56 am
Exactly. "Kneeling is a sign of respect"....unless it's done by that "Colin guy" (never mind the fact that it was military man who suggested Colin kneel), then it's disrespectful. Folks need to make up their minds.

Colin kneels, with his hand not over his heart, because it's the opposite of standing. It's a sign of protest, not respect. He might as well stand while giving the "double finger" to the flag. I support his right to do either, by the way. Just don't agree with either.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 09:47:25 am
When I see my woman CEO in the hallway....i'll be sure to remind her that there are people out there that think you need their assistance in "overcoming" in this world because she lacks a certain organ.

Nah, I'm sure she already knows everything I've been saying. Most women don't have their head buried in the sand.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 09:50:09 am
Colin kneels, with his hand not over his heart, because it's the opposite of standing. It's a sign of protest, not respect. He might as well stand while giving the "double finger" to the flag. I support his right to do either, by the way. Just don't agree with either.

Wrong again.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nfl-49ers-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-nate-boyer

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:49:23 am
You're exactly right and it will never stop, I just happen to think that we as a society should try to be better and treat all people the same.

I realize however that this a radical "far left" concept.

I've had a great upbringing in this country.....been treated the same as everyone.....and I'm one of those minorities that you are "working hard" for in society. Thank you again for all you have done. Me and my setbacks wouldn't have made it without you and your left concepts.

HeberFan

October 17, 2018, 09:52:58 am #104 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:58:27 am by HeberFan
Every player faces "discrimination and resistance" on every play of football. And I mean hard-hitting, physical discrimination. Not an unkind word. Get over it and get to work.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:50:59 am
Nah, I'm sure she already knows everything I've been saying. Most women don't have their head buried in the sand.

As a minority, and I will include my wife in on this because "vibes" knows that without the help of the left, we wouldn't be here today with our careers paved specifically for us by the caring liberals.....thank you very much for keeping our head out of the sand and enlightened to this harsh society.

cuckoobird

I agree it should stop but I didn't accuse racism misogyny and sexism to one group out of left field. I gave examples of how a group is discriminated against but never claimed it didn't happen to other groups.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:49:23 am
You're exactly right and it will never stop, I just happen to think that we as a society should try to be better and treat all people the same.

I realize however that this a radical "far left" concept.

Right, middle or left... I don't think anybody disagrees that we should try to be better and treat people the same.  There is abuse on all sides...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 09:52:35 am
I've had a great upbringing in this country.....been treated the same as everyone.....and I'm one of those minorities that you are "working hard" for in society. Thank you again for all you have done. Me and my setbacks wouldn't have made it without you and your left concepts.

You're right. That liberal backed Civil Rights Bill of 1964 paved the way for moving our country forward.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:59:59 am
You're right. That liberal backed Civil Rights Bill of 1964 paved the way for moving our country forward.

Sugartown how about you take that extra 20% of white male privileged income and mail it to AW each week...  ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2018, 10:02:55 am

Sugartown how about you take that extra 20% of white male privileged income and mail it to AW each week...  ;D

I'm just trying to help out the young man.  8)

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2018, 10:02:55 am

I am a minority....I need him, his voice and his help....so does my low income woman wife. Praise Vibes for stand up caring people like Sugar. We would be in some section 8 below his chenal/Cantrell estate if it wasn't for him. 

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:59:59 am

Your facts are a bit off. Here are percentages, by party, voting FOR the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

HOUSE -- 72% of Democrats and  82% of Republicans.

SENATE -- 69% of Democrats and 82% of Republicans.

Democrats had enough seats to pass the bill with no Republican support, but certainly did not. It was a bipartisan passage.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 09:52:12 am
Wrong again.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nfl-49ers-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-nate-boyer

The article explicity calls kneeling "a new form on protest."

Please at least read the articles you submit as evidence.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 10:10:49 am
The article explicity calls kneeling "a new form on protest."

Please at least read the articles you submit as evidence.

You said it wasn't a sign of respect. Perhaps you should reread the article.

"I expressed to him, maybe there's a different way of demonstrating, where you're showing more respect for those who laid down their lives for what that flag and anthem stand for," Boyer said of his conversation with Kaepernick. "I suggested kneeling, because people kneel to pray; we'll kneel in front of a fallen brother's grave."

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 10:09:15 am
Your facts are a bit off. Here are percentages, by party, voting FOR the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Democrats had enough seats to pass the bill with no Republican support, but certainly did not. It was a bipartisan passage.

I never said anything about party. I said "liberal backed" which it most certainly was.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 10:14:01 am

You said it wasn't a sign of respect. Perhaps you should reread the article.

"I expressed to him, maybe there's a different way of demonstrating, where you're showing more respect for those who laid down their lives for what that flag and anthem stand for," Boyer said of his conversation with Kaepernick. "I suggested kneeling, because people kneel to pray; we'll kneel in front of a fallen brother's grave."

So, it seems, the best position is that it's meant as a sign of protest and respect.

$aintMaximu$

Ok, something for you guys to watch...  After Eminem dropped his new album I took note of Joyner Lucas on one of this top songs...  Dude is good... I thought he went toe to toe with Em...  Then I started to listen and watch his stuff... I lot of it is deep...

Watch this-

Don't judge it out of the gate...  I'll give a disclaimer on the language,  if the F word and N word offend, don't watch... 

Give me your thougths...

cuckoobird

A certain motion or act itself does not represent respect. I don't care if he kneels because he has that right it's just in my opinion there are a lot better ways to help a situation. It's hard to believe his intent when he wears a shirt that represents suppression which is the opposite of his protests.

beach bum

October 17, 2018, 10:24:31 am #119 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:33:26 am by beach bum
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 10:23:01 am
A certain motion or act itself does not represent respect. I don't care if he kneels because he has that right it's just in my opinion there are a lot better ways to help a situation. It's hard to believe his intent when he wears a shirt that represents suppression which is the opposite of his protests.

I can definitely respect all that you said here. I never understood why people got so angry on both sides instead of agreeing to respectfully disagree like you just described. As you said, its his right even though someone may agree or disagree. I would rather have the 1st amendment in the back pocket any day for any citizen even if it means someone may or may not be doing the right thing on either side as long as you aren't infringing on someone else's safety or well being in the process.

SUGARTOWN

Well, he has donated over $1 million of his own money to social justice charities so I think his intent is to help what he sees as a big problem.

AirWarren

Nothing better when an oppressed millionaire who was taken in by an evil white family protests against the people that love him, the country that gave him the opportunities he has.

If he wants to be hacked at someone he needs to be hacked at his "mom and dad" for leaving him high and dry. Which I believe are the root of his issues. Needing that "acceptance" in his life based off POS bio parents.  Not the people in the line of duty everyday.

The cat has issues beyond kneeling for the anthem.

beach bum

October 17, 2018, 10:29:23 am #122 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:34:15 am by beach bum
Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 10:09:15 am

The parties have totally changed since they 60's.... Any basic course on government will teach you that so I am not even sure what point you are trying to make and how that has any relevancy in today's world of moving forward on civil and social political issues. I hope you still don't think we have the Whig Party and Millard Fillmore is still alive too?

cuckoobird

He is out of work and the country needs officers. Perhaps it would be more productive to join the fight where he could really change interactions between the police and citizens.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna734721

HeberFan

October 17, 2018, 10:40:10 am #124 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:41:42 am by HeberFan
Think you were saying "the liberals" passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In fact, both parties did. Perhaps you were saying there used to be liberals in both parties ?

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 10:39:45 am
He is out of work and the country needs officers. Perhaps it would be more productive to join the fight where he could really change interactions between the police and citizens.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna734721

LOL. Please.

SUGARTOWN

Who's out of work? Kap has a million dollar deal with Nike to be a spokesman and have his own line of apparel.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2018, 10:50:32 am
Who's out of work? Kap has a million dollar deal with Nike to be a spokesman and have his own line of apparel.

Agreed. He pays somebody do put in those braids, then, fluff out that 'fro !

Romeo

This thread is just another reminder why I enjoy team sports. The one thing that can bring conservatives and liberals together, particularly in Arkansas, is Razorback athletics.

HeberFan

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 10:53:52 am
This thread is just another reminder why I enjoy team sports. The one thing that can bring conservatives and liberals together, particularly in Arkansas, is Razorback athletics.

Yeah, that !

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 10:53:52 am
Yep and I love Hogville. AW can't go there anymore.

HeberFan

$aintMaximu$

cuckoobird

Sure he's getting paid but can you agree that by joining the force he could make much more changes?

HeberFan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2018, 11:00:07 am

So do we beat Tulsa????

Don't love our chances with Tugboat taking snaps.

Romeo

This is also the truest statement when it comes to social issues and sports: there's no other place in America where black lives matter more than a football field.

HeberFan

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 11:02:41 am
This is also the truest statement when it comes to social issues and sports: there's no other place in America where black lives matter more than a football field.

Not true. That would be an NBA court.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 11:01:13 am
Sure he's getting paid but can you agree that by joining the force he could make much more changes?

I'm not sure one person could make a difference on a systemic problem. Using his celebrity to raise awareness may be more a help.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 11:01:52 am
Don't love our chances with Tugboat taking snaps.

Agree, why are we holding out on the Greenwood QB?  Are we trying to maintain his red shirt status?

HeberFan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2018, 11:06:02 am

Agree, why are we holding out on the Greenwood QB?  Are we trying to maintain his red shirt status?

Yeah, no need to waste him on a 3-win season.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 11:07:12 am
Yeah, no need to waste him on a 3-win season.

But I think he is allowed 4 games right?

Romeo

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 11:03:50 am
Not true. That would be an NBA court.

How many NBA fans have you seen defend an athlete accused of rape (Jameis Winston), or knocking a woman unconscious at a bar (Joe Mixon) or beat his pregnant girlfriend (Tyreek Hill). One thing I've learned over the years, if you're a Heisman Trophy candidate or can run a 4.3 40, a fanbase, conservative and liberal, will defend you till the end of time. 

cuckoobird

I don't think it's a systemic problem. When you look at police shootings as a whole it shows something different than what most people claim but just like everything else in the world, of course their are bad apples but he could truly make a difference by becoming one of the officers interacting on a daily basis

HeberFan

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 11:09:31 am
How many NBA fans have you seen defend an athlete accused of rape (Jameis Winston), or knocking a woman unconscious at a bar (Joe Mixon) or beat his pregnant girlfriend (Tyreek Hill). One thing I've learned over the years, if you're a Heisman Trophy candidate or can run a 4.3 40, a fanbase, conservative and liberal, will defend you till the end of time.

I was just saying if you took "black lives" out of the NBA, you could only field two teams.

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 11:10:28 am
I don't think it's a systemic problem. When you look at police shootings as a whole it shows something different than what most people claim but just like everything else in the world, of course their are bad apples but he could truly make a difference by becoming one of the officers interacting on a daily basis

Now you're going to put facts and truth in the debate?   :o)

Romeo

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 11:10:28 am

The one thing I can admit is that there is a false narrative when it comes to police shootings among minorities, particularly blacks. Statistically, more white people are killed by cops than any demographic. While I believe there are shootings that were unjustified, the argument that cops are primarily targeting and killing blacks is false. The fact is any officer related shooting involving a black person will always get the most media attention and that what helps fuel the false narrative.

HeberFan

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 11:23:38 am
The one thing I can admit is that there is a false narrative when it comes to police shootings among minorities, particularly blacks. Statistically, more white people are killed by cops than any demographic. While I believe there are shootings that were unjustified, the argument that cops are primarily targeting and killing blacks is false. The fact is any officer related shooting involving a black person will always get the most media attention and that what helps fuel the false narrative.

Romeo's statement is impirically true.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

October 17, 2018, 11:34:56 am #148 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:38:54 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 11:23:38 am

Justified vs unjustified. Sure. I'll give you that. Great post.

The systemic problem argument is garbage. Weak minded people let the Arkansas times and "clever" internet searches guide their thought and principles.

I drop my kid off at school and there are always police helping with traffic. I see kids of all races....including minorities giving the cop high fives, laughing with the cops. The cops usually slip them a sucker as the walk off. The kids love it and the cops know the kids by name. And this isn't a private school....GASP!!!!!. I see this everywhere around central Arkansas.

But because some snot nosed "celebrity" has convinced some that there is a systemic problem out there with white cops picking off blacks is hot garbage. Where is his outrage with the city of Chicago? Little Rock? Memphis? Pine bluff? Englewood? Newark? That kind of agenda is not filling his pocket book that's why.

If you look at yahoo, you would think there were riots and protests in the street every day all over the USA. I don't see a DANG thing going on and I'm sure that that's what is happening in 95% of this great county. Discord.....lefties love it.

HeberFan

Great point. Black-on-black violence is much more prevalent than police-on-black violence.

Why is the lesser amount of violence worthy of protests, while, the greater amount is not? Perhaps young Colin could wear some socks that insult his own race?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas