• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projected Playoff Bracket After Week 7

Started by NWA Hawg, October 12, 2018, 11:27:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

October 12, 2018, 11:27:38 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:41:46 pm by fann07
This is my projected playoff bracket after week 7. Teams that moved up are in green, teams that moved down are in red, and teams that stayed the same are in black.

Bracket
W5 Smackover
BYE

3rd 4 Danville
4th 2 Mountain View
================================
W3 Osceola
5th 5 Fouke

3rd 1 Mansfield
3rd 2 Melbourne
=================================
W6 Rison
5th 3 Hoxie

2nd 4 Mayflower
5th 6 Lake Village
=================================
2nd 1 Lamar
4th 4 Atkins

2nd 2 Harding Academy
4th 1 Greenland

Bottom Bracket
W4 Glen Rose
BYE

3rd 5 Camden Harmony Grove
4th 6 Pine Bluff Dollarway
===============================
W1 Booneville
5th 4 Baptist Prep

3rd 3 Walnut Ridge
3rd 6 Barton
===============================
W2 Clinton
5th 1 Charleston

2nd 5 Prescott
5th 2 Yellville Summitt
==============================
2nd 3 Newport
4th 5 Centerpoint

2nd 6 McGehee
4th 3 Piggott

Hgalum50

Technically CHG is 2 seed rn until they play Prescott week after next.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 12, 2018, 11:56:31 pm
Technically CHG is 2 seed rn until they play Prescott week after next.

Technically they are the 1 seed right now but this is based on a projection of Hg losing to both smackover and Prescott so that we can get an honest look at how the bracket might shake out.

Hgalum50

Quote from: fann07 on October 12, 2018, 11:59:47 pm
Technically they are the 1 seed right now but this is based on a projection of Hg losing to both smackover and Prescott so that we can get an honest look at how the bracket might shake out.
I gave Smackover that 1 seed because they beat Prescott, but I think CHG has a better shot at beating Prescott but it is a tough road ahead so we will see how it plays out.

HG Hornet

I understand why you have CHG as the projected 3 seed and that there is no disrespect intended by you.  We don't usually fare well vs Prescott and Smackover.  This could be the year that the Hornets shock em both.  The opportunity is ours.  Thanks for putting the playoff bracket together each Friday.  I like seeing how the bracket changes each week with wins and losses by each team.

mossflyer

If it turns out the way you have it projected, the bottom bracket looks MUCH tougher.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: mossflyer on October 14, 2018, 02:37:47 pm
If it turns out the way you have it projected, the bottom bracket looks MUCH tougher.
I don't see a lot of difference between the brackets as far as 1-seeds go. Where the bottom half is superior is with powerhouse 2-seeds like Prescott and Newport. IMO the same would hold true if Newport and Osceola trade places.

panther07

I think the bottom is heavier on perennial players. HA will still have to play well and beat good teams, but a pretty good draw for wildcats.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 14, 2018, 06:58:00 pm
I think the bottom is heavier on perennial players. HA will still have to play well and beat good teams, but a pretty good draw for wildcats.
True. Greenland is not the average 4-seed, but they seem to have a lot in common with Melbourne. And if they should keep winning, they won't have to face a 1-seed until at least the quarterfinals.

hootingowl

Could it be a Mcgehee- Booneville matchup in the semis?

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: hootingowl on October 17, 2018, 03:41:59 am
Could it be a Mcgehee- Booneville matchup in the semis?
If they can beat Clinton yes they wld travel to Booneville for semis

Leo Marvin

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 17, 2018, 06:57:23 am
If they can beat Clinton yes they wld travel to Booneville for semis

Mcgehee will have a more difficult opponent than Clinton in the second round

CURLEYWOLF24

If Prescott finishes 2nd in the 5-3A it will be Prescott and Booneville in the semi's.  MARK IT DOWN!!!!  Well I hope so, still a lot of football to play out for sure.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 17, 2018, 07:00:21 am
Mcgehee will have a more difficult opponent than Clinton in the second round
They'd have to beat Newport or Osceola to get to Clinton. Not likely unless they have made considerable strides by then.

SR30

I guess half of the teams should just call it a season and send Booneville straight to War Memorial.

blackandoldgold

Love to check out your brackets each week. Know it's fun doing them, but also takes some work. Much appreciated.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: SR30 on October 17, 2018, 02:48:44 pm
I guess half of the teams should just call it a season and send Booneville straight to War Memorial.

GR will get a shot at Booneville if they can beat CHG 2nd round

CoolBreeze

The top four seeds in the 2-3A are all but certain. Undefeated Clinton has only Marshall and Mountain View. Even if most of their starters got the flu and they lost to Mountain View, they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over Harding Academy. Harding Academy with one loss and Melbourne with two are through with conference play. They were originally scheduled to play Rose Bud and Cedar Ridge the next two weeks. All Mountain View has to do to lock in 4th place is to defeat Yellville Summit next week. That would leave Marshall and Yellville-Summit to battle it out to get the final playoff spot and a chance to become cannon fodder for Prescott in the first round.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas