• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Baller91, October 12, 2018, 08:57:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Klaw30 on November 30, 2018, 01:59:58 pm
Also Huntsville and gravette so looks to be an easy win for the eagles

Not so fast. Gravette has a few players that could potentially give them a game

Klaw30

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 30, 2018, 02:01:05 pm
Not so fast. Gravette has a few players that could potentially give them a game
No possible way, the eagles are just better beat a supposedly good Farmington team and also gravette is just not good this year- no talent

Baller91

November 30, 2018, 03:08:35 pm #152 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:26:30 pm by Baller91
Quote from: Scout_Team on November 30, 2018, 11:22:07 am
I have nothing against the man but I believe that Gentry has no talent on their team so I don't know why your posting about how good Gentry is because they are not going to be good. But hey, I could be wrong.
Not sure where you get that they have no talent. The Kilgore kid has been invited to some college prospect camps and played on a solid elite summer team. And he is just one of their players. Wilkinson is pretty good too.

Charlie1001

If the Shiloh boys would practice as much as they've started self-promoting themselves on here, they might be as good as they're claiming to be.

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Charlie1001 on November 30, 2018, 06:20:52 pm
If the Shiloh boys would practice as much as they've started self-promoting themselves on here, they might be as good as they're claiming to be.
Not going to lie, they looked sloppy out there today. What did you see? What do thy need to improve on the most?

Go Postal

November 30, 2018, 07:02:37 pm #155 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:30:02 pm by Go Postal
Just watched this game and don't know if all the players from football are playing yet..  Didn't see a score thread for the week so I'll put it here.

Tri-state tournament in Willard, MO
Harrison 47
Rogers Heritage 54

Heritage making free throws, Harrison not, was the difference in this game.  Goblins are (3-1).

Earlier in the girl's game

Harrison 55
Bentonville West 38

Lady Goblins are (4-0).

Woopig6

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 30, 2018, 07:02:21 pm
Not going to lie, they looked sloppy out there today. What did you see? What do thy need to improve on the most?
I'm gonna shoot you straight BRJ. Everything. Literally everything

Klaw30

Quote from: Go Postal on November 30, 2018, 07:02:37 pm
Just watched this game and don't know if all the players from football are playing yet..  Didn't see a score thread for the week so I'll put it here.

Harrison 47
Rogers Heritage 54

Heritage making free throws, Harrison not, was the difference in this game.  Goblins are (3-1).

Heritage is an Ok 7a team nothing like Springdale or FAYETTEVILLE but again Harrison if they clean up their play with out a doubt could be going far this year I agree 100%

Klaw30

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 30, 2018, 07:17:38 pm
I'm gonna shoot you straight BRJ. Everything. Literally everything
Not gonna lie either BRJ the fouls and got them early and a press that did not work

Klaw30

Quote from: Go Postal on November 30, 2018, 07:02:37 pm

Harrison 47
Rogers Heritage 54

Any other teams playing in this tournament? From 4a?

Go Postal

November 30, 2018, 07:34:00 pm #160 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:38:30 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Klaw30 on November 30, 2018, 07:21:39 pm
Any other teams playing in this tournament? From 4a?
Not sure.  I had to look on Maxpreps to see who Harrison played so far.  I just posted the Lady Goblins score from earlier up on my original post.
Games can be watched on GobTV.  I believe that Farmington streams games too on Farmcards Live also but I'm not sure

bigboygottaeat

Amen brother

Woopig6

Excited to watch Matty Ice light it up once he gets to basketball from football for Shiloh

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Woopig6 on December 03, 2018, 07:42:43 pm
Excited to watch Matty Ice light it up once he gets to basketball from football for Shiloh

Kid is a hooper.

Woopig6

Currently watching film from Shiloh's victory last night. A lot of bright spots!
Rosencrantz and Billiam has great games! One not-so-bright spot was Crayon.
My mans got a mid-range knockdown to close the 3rd, then dipped. Disappointing  ::)

beach bum

The only team I have seen so far is Farmington, and if that is a top 3 team in the conference then its got to be cause the conference is way down. They have a couple guards that can get in the paint with their quickness and finish quite well at the goal. Those two guards like to either get all the way to the basket or pull up mid range off of their drive game. They do not like to shoot three's at all. A good coach will scout that and tell his team to pretty much not even guard the 3 point line cause all they are doing is trying to get in the lane. They don't really have a skilled big man which makes it tough. A good team will slice their defense apart cause they leave a massive open spot at the high post every time in the zone they play. A smart team will slice that apart getting it to the high post. Not saying they'll be awful once conference play starts, just can not see them cracking the top 3.

RZback

I think it would be natural to expect the conference to be down in basketball just as it was down in football.  Athletes tend to run in cycles and many are multi-sport.  If the athleticism is missing in one sport it is likely to be down in others. One other thing, I like having Huntsville in the conference but I don't like the 1-4A having the football and other sports being different.  A conference is a conference, just don't understand splitting it for other sports.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on December 06, 2018, 09:19:30 am
I think it would be natural to expect the conference to be down in basketball just as it was down in football.  Athletes tend to run in cycles and many are multi-sport.  If the athleticism is missing in one sport it is likely to be down in others. One other thing, I like having Huntsville in the conference but I don't like the 1-4A having the football and other sports being different.  A conference is a conference, just don't understand splitting it for other sports.

Totally agree with you on all that. I like Huntsville in the 1-4A especially in basketball cause they bring a certain style of play and ruggedness that is good for the conference on the hard wood. I also wish football would just jump on board and shrink a class too that way it matches up with what we see here in basketball. With 8 man now and programs dropping I think its time to get rid of six football classifications and go down to five where 6A is the biggest like in the "other sports". And I don't want to sound too critical of Farmington also. Those guards are pretty good at their strengths and pretty crafty getting in the paint. They just will suffer greatly on nights where they will need the outside shooting it seems they lack which will hurt them trying to get in the top 3 of the league.

Gray lizard

Quote from: beach bum on December 06, 2018, 11:47:40 am

Totally agree with you on all that. I like Huntsville in the 1-4A especially in basketball cause they bring a certain style of play and ruggedness that is good for the conference on the hard wood. I also wish football would just jump on board and shrink a class too that way it matches up with what we see here in basketball. With 8 man now and programs dropping I think its time to get rid of six football classifications and go down to five where 6A is the biggest like in the "other sports". And I don't want to sound too critical of Farmington also. Those guards are pretty good at their strengths and pretty crafty getting in the paint. They just will suffer greatly on nights where they will need the outside shooting it seems they lack which will hurt them trying to get in the top 3 of the league.
What you described is exactly what Pottsville did to Farmington in their match up.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge beatbox McDonald County 66-53 in their opener of the Battle at the Ridge. Berryville lost to Providence Academy by like 20 in the night cap.

Pea Ridge will take on Joe T Robinson tomorrow. Doesn't sound like the final games will be played on Saturday (potential PR/Robinson vs ESTEM/Providence matchup) due to weather but that may change.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge lost by 1 to Robinson last night and really didn't play that well. They bounced back in the 3rd place game to beat Providence Academy

ESTEM came back to beat Robinson in the Championship to take the Battle at the Ridge tourney.

Berryville lost both of their games. They really lack size but have some tough little guards.

bigboygottaeat

whats new in the 4a-1?

beach bum

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on December 17, 2018, 09:04:04 am
whats new in the 4a-1?

These 9 teams.... Harrison, Farmington, Pea Ridge, Huntsville, Shiloh Christian, Gravette, Berryville, Gentry, and Prairie Grove

Lincoln and Green Forest who are in the football conference are 3A in basketball

prHOG13

It's a shame Lincoln dropped to 3A. Their Jr High program has been really good the last couple years and I think they could compete pretty well in this conference the next few years.

Big game tomorrow for Pea Ridge at Farmington.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 17, 2018, 10:18:27 am
It's a shame Lincoln dropped to 3A. Their Jr High program has been really good the last couple years and I think they could compete pretty well in this conference the next few years.

Although Lincoln had a good football team this year..... It actually makes more sense that Lincoln and Green Forest from a competitive stand point played in 3A in football and less so in basketball even.

Also, if Pea Ridge cuts off the driving lanes for those two quick guards that Farmington has then Pea Ridge can win that game even on the road. They are solid at that and can draw fouls with their drive game. If they do that then Farmington may control the game. That should be a good one for sure.

beach bum

The 1-4A boys seems to be turning out at least close to what we expected

The girls conference is deep..... 4 really, really good teams and a 5th that looks solid.

Livewire

Max Preps shows Shiloh to have 3 8th graders on their roster. Is that correct?

Hawk4L

Quote from: Livewire on December 22, 2018, 08:04:50 pm
Max Preps shows Shiloh to have 3 8th graders on their roster. Is that correct?
Hope so with that awful record they have

theflash10

Quote from: Hawk4L on December 23, 2018, 12:05:06 am
Hope so with that awful record they have
Unless they plan to not play their senior year then it's wrong.

rzrbackfan

Not sure practice would help this team.  Ive seen some bad basketball in my day, but Shiloh being 1 - 10 is just pitiful!

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge 60
Elkins 57 final.  Elkins was 15-0 on the season

prHOG13

Pea Ridge falls to Alma 64-62. Had a chance to win at the buzzer but just missed it long. Coble had 28, Wilkerson 16, and Rhine 12. Two pretty good teams

RZback

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 17, 2018, 10:18:27 am

Lincoln is much better off as a  3A team in both football and basketball.  They have lacked consistency over the years.  Only being able to rise out of the bottom 4 a few times .  3A will help them.

basketballjones

I have a question about the overall strength of this league. I have watched every team but Gravette and Berryville. I see a bunch of bad basketball from top to bottom (excluding the top team 3 teams obviously). Is it just a cycle of little talent or is it a lack of not getting kids better? Do we blame video games and phones for kids not putting in the work? A lot of these teams struggle to use their off hand and making an open jump shot. PG, who I'm biased for since my kids went there, have looked the part the last few years but just can't get it done. I also see a team like Shiloh and they are 2-12 with a lot of talent?! The River Valley will destroy this league come Regional time outside of the Goblins.

beach bum

Quote from: basketballjones on January 04, 2019, 10:49:14 pm
I have a question about the overall strength of this league. I have watched every team but Gravette and Berryville. I see a bunch of bad basketball from top to bottom (excluding the top team 3 teams obviously). Is it just a cycle of little talent or is it a lack of not getting kids better? Do we blame video games and phones for kids not putting in the work? A lot of these teams struggle to use their off hand and making an open jump shot. PG, who I'm biased for since my kids went there, have looked the part the last few years but just can't get it done. I also see a team like Shiloh and they are 2-12 with a lot of talent?! The River Valley will destroy this league come Regional time outside of the Goblins.

Got to agree... I have seen a few of these teams and its certainly not good basketball right now in NWA as a whole in my opinion. You are right, outside of Harrison the 4-4A is much better this year and will own the regional.

Also, for Prairie Grove the little I have seen in recent years they have the same coach for a decade and a half now, but it does not look at all like the same system as a decade ago when they were solid from rough 2005-2011 area. I hear they're even playing some stall ball. I can only surmise that over time the assistant who has been there a while now has had more influence on the programs offensive and defensive philosophy.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on December 31, 2018, 09:11:11 am
Lincoln is much better off as a  3A team in both football and basketball.  They have lacked consistency over the years.  Only being able to rise out of the bottom 4 a few times .  3A will help them.

Lincoln has that one kid this year who is quite crafty with the ball in his hands.... the offense completely runs through him whether he shoots or drives and kicks.... my word though their defense as a team was lacking however.

BRJ_Basketball

What can we expect tomorrow from the Shiloh vs. Pea Ridge rivalry?

scrapdig

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on January 07, 2019, 01:41:23 pm
Pain

Hawk4L

PR by 20

Hawk4L

If you think Prairie Grove Sr high is bad it doesn't get any better in Jr High. Pea Ridge beat them 51-12 last night

beach bum

Quote from: Hawk4L on January 08, 2019, 09:03:59 am
If you think Prairie Grove Sr high is bad it doesn't get any better in Jr High. Pea Ridge beat them 51-12 last night

Yes, no talent in the 8th and 9th graders at PG so it probably won't get any better either in the coming years.... Same goes for football, but not quite as extreme though there.

Charlie1001

Rivalry?  Cough. Cough.  After seeing the score, I'm glad I decided it wasn't worth the drive over.

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Charlie1001 on January 08, 2019, 10:40:26 pm
Rivalry?  Cough. Cough.  After seeing the score, I'm glad I decided it wasn't worth the drive over.
I'll have to agree with you.  It was as if Shiloh wanted nothing to do with Pea Ridge.  Lack of discipline and no one wanted to hustle on Shiloh compared to the hustle hungry team the Pea Ridge showcased last night.  Awful showing from the Saints and a disappointing season from them so far.

BRJ_Basketball

What happened with the Hunstville vs. Harrison game?

Livewire

Huntsville 79- Harrison 73 per Max Preps
There's the results, but have the feeling that isn't what you were asking. I'm wondering the same thing. All year I've been hearing the praises of Harrison and Huntsville has completely fallen off the radar. YET, they have  the win and are 4-0 in conference.

Go Postal

Huntsville is one of Harrison's oldest rivals, next to Mtn Home.  They always seem to play their hardest best game when they play us in all sports, especially at home.  They are not too bad this year and I was impressed when I watched that game.  Harrison let the game get away from them in Overtime but we will see what happens when the Eagles come to the new Spook House this year.

prHOG13

Anyone have updated standings for the league? I think there's a 3 way tie at the top for girls and boys might also have a 3 way tie. Gonna be a wild finish.

Go Postal

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 18, 2019, 11:01:03 pm
Anyone have updated standings for the league? I think there's a 3 way tie at the top for girls and boys might also have a 3 way tie. Gonna be a wild finish.
I'm sorry that I've haven't done a standing like we always did in the 5A West.  I'll try to update it if I can line all other sports and if anyone from 4A wants to give input, be all the better.

prHOG13

Quote from: Go Postal on January 18, 2019, 11:47:04 pm
I'm sorry that I've haven't done a standing like we always did in the 5A West.  I'll try to update it if I can line all other sports and if anyone from 4A wants to give input, be all the better.
I decided to give it a look. Based on MaxPreps:

Girls
Pea Ridge is 18-3 (5-1) only loss @ Farmington
Berryville is 20-1 (5-1) only loss @ Pea Ridge
Harrison 16-4 (5-1) only loss vs Berryville
Farmington 16-4 (5-1) only loss @ Farmington

Boys
Farmington 15-6 (6-0)
Pea Ridge 17-4 (6-1) only loss in 3 OT @ Farmington
Harrison 15-5 (5-1) only loss @ Huntsville
Huntsville 14-6 (6-1) only loss @ Pea Ridge by 3

Cajun Hog

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 19, 2019, 12:42:16 am
I decided to give it a look. Based on MaxPreps:

Girls
Pea Ridge is 18-3 (5-1) only loss @ Farmington
Berryville is 20-1 (5-1) only loss @ Pea Ridge
Harrison 16-4 (5-1) only loss vs Berryville
Farmington 16-4 (5-1) only loss @ Farmington

Boys
Farmington 15-6 (6-0)
Pea Ridge 17-4 (6-1) only loss in 3 OT @ Farmington
Harrison 15-5 (5-1) only loss @ Huntsville
Huntsville 14-6 (6-1) only loss @ Pea Ridge by 3

With them being east & west division, are they going to split the seeds for district?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas