• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the East be a factor in the playoffs?

Started by PA Dad, October 08, 2018, 08:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

For most of the years I have been on this board the East has been a force in the playoffs.  Batesville made the semis for a bunch of years in a row.  Wynne made the finals in 2 or 3 years (I'm going by memory- it may have been more).  I think the East has been the best conference, at least at the top, in most years.

The East is down this year.  Blytheville appears to have a good team but Batesville and Wynne are down.  I don't see Nettleton or VV being a factor.

Will the East have any team advance past the first round?

JessieP

Blytheville possibly could, with a massive caveat. If they can maintain composure they could do some damage. The problem with Blytheville is they can pick up an unsportsmanship penalty during the coin toss. They may be unpolished but you could make an honest argument that they are the most physical team in the 5A. Visualize a P'd off LRM.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 08, 2018, 09:31:19 pm
Blytheville possibly could, with a massive caveat. If they can maintain composure they could do some damage. The problem with Blytheville is they can pick up an unsportsmanship penalty during the coin toss. They may be unpolished but you could make an honest argument that they are the most physical team in the 5A. Visualize a P'd off LRM.

I've always been a fan of Blytheville.  You can look back at prior years at my posts and see that I have rooted for them.  I think that's because they have been the stepchild of Batesville and Wynne and I root for the underdog.  Probably like most folks root for whoever plays P.A.

But Blytheville has always disappointed me.  I honestly hope they don't this year.  5A is better and more fun when all conferences are in the mix.

JacketFan

I am kind of partial to Wynne, so I can see them shocking some people in the playoffs.  JessieP, you are correct about Blytheville, they are gonna shock the pants off the other conferences in the playoffs, I have watched them in person twice, and this team will make a solid run at WMS, as long as they stay focused and don't run off the rails.  There is not faster, or more agressive team in the East, they are not getting the respect they deserve because of there past reputation, so I hope they clean it up, and shocked the rest of 5a. 

PA Dad

October 08, 2018, 09:53:34 pm #4 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:07:47 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: JacketFan on October 08, 2018, 09:45:40 pm
I am kind of partial to Wynne, so I can see them shocking some people in the playoffs.  JessieP, you are correct about Blytheville, they are gonna shock the pants off the other conferences in the playoffs, I have watched them in person twice, and this team will make a solid run at WMS, as long as they stay focused and don't run off the rails.  There is not faster, or more agressive team in the East, they are not getting the respect they deserve because of there past reputation, so I hope they clean it up, and shocked the rest of 5a.

I hope Wynne steps up and is a factor.  The tradition and history of that program deserves it.

Who will make the playoffs from the East?  I'd guess that Blytheville and Wynne will but what others?  Nettleton? VV?  FC?  Does Batesville have a chance?

JacketFan

Just my opinion, but I think it will be Blytheville, Wynne, Nettleton, and VV, but who really knows with all these young teams, it is literally a toss up at this point.

walkingguy72396

Have not seen Blytheville play.  They beat Wynne by more than Marion or West Memphis.
Listened too the Wynne Blytheville game on the radiol. Wynne lost the turnover battle by 5 or so.

I also think one of Wynnes starting backs was out and did not play till the Valley View game.

Right now I think Blytheville still wins the game.

I rate this year's Wynne team as a 3 seed.  If Wynne gets the 1 or 2 seed.  I can see them getting a first round win.  Because of the match-up with a 3 or 4 seed.

If Wynne does not get a win this Friday disregard this post.

Red Devil Alum

If I put the over/under for playoff games played by the 5A conference at 5.5, would you take the over or under? Would require 2 wins to go over.

MDXPHD

I would say the East will make as big of an impact as the West has in recent years.

Hogman2018

wynnefootballfan

The bracket rotation lands in favor of the East this year. The #1 is home the whole way and PA is on the other side ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 09, 2018, 02:51:09 pm
The bracket rotation lands in favor of the East this year. The #1 is home the whole way and PA is on the other side ;D

That works only if both No. ones win thru to the semis.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: PA Dad on October 09, 2018, 03:33:30 pm
That works only if both No. ones win thru to the semis.

Yeah I left out the "If your winning" lol,,

JacketFan

Quote from: JacketFan on October 08, 2018, 10:07:32 pm
Just my opinion, but I think it will be Blytheville, Wynne, Nettleton, and VV, but who really knows with all these young teams, it is literally a toss up at this point.
Lucky post, I almost had them in correct order of there final seeding.  Good luck to all teams in the playoffs.

Hoghead2

Texarkana is going to give VV the business.

The A-Team

JacketFan

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 03, 2018, 09:30:17 am
Yall are playing Nettleton the first round

NEASPORTSFAN

The east 1 will possibly win over lakeside. But that's it.

JessieP

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 03, 2018, 09:30:17 am

Texarkana is going to give Nettleton the business.

Hoghead2

Quote from: JessieP on November 03, 2018, 10:17:45 am
Texarkana isd going to give Nettleton the business.
Two brackets showing different opponents for Texarkana.  Either way,  Nettleton will go down.

JessieP

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 03, 2018, 10:31:53 am

Two brackets showing different opponents for Texarkana.  Either way,  Nettleton will go down.

I did my mea culpa last night. With Batesville out I can post with my head and not my heart. Blytheville may win in round 1 but the other 3 East teams are dead on arrival. In this game I expect the mercy clock to run for 24 minutes.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on November 03, 2018, 10:44:26 am
I did my mea culpa last night. With Batesville out I can post with my head and not my heart. Blytheville may win in round 1 but the other 3 East teams are dead on arrival. In this game I expect the mercy clock to run for 24 minutes.
Lol, y'all keep counting the Jackets out, we like shocking the world, ask Nettleton how they feel this morning, Wynne manhandled them from start to finish.  You Pioneers can travel to Wynne Friday to root on the east!  Go Jackets

Duck12

Come to Blytheville we haven't hosted in awhile. Come early I'm sure the tailgates will be fired up and we welcome everyone.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Duck12 on November 03, 2018, 11:59:26 am
Come to Blytheville we haven't hosted in awhile. Come early I'm sure the tailgates will be fired up and we welcome everyone.

Was at a Blythville Homecoming a few years back. They have a grass lot next to the main parking lot. It was wall to wall grills (not regular back yard grills). It smelled like Memphis in May BBQ contest. Amazing, As you walked by you were constantly being affered food. It was pretty cool.

Duck12

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on November 03, 2018, 12:14:10 pm
Was at a Blythville Homecoming a few years back. They have a grass lot next to the main parking lot. It was wall to wall grills (not regular back yard grills). It smelled like Memphis in May BBQ contest. Amazing, As you walked by you were constantly being affered food. It was pretty cool.

Honestly it's gotten bigger every year. I think they had a live band this year. Easily 700 people tailgating this year. It started as people hosting 10 15 20 year reunions. It's turned into which class can throw the biggest party. This year people were celebrating odd year reunions like "this is our 12 or 33 year reunion lol' should be a good time.

Missco

These kids deserved to finish as co-champs after all the adversity. Karma prevailed for once.

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 09, 2018, 02:15:48 pm
Batesville will win it all!!
I love it!!! One sentence, has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, complete hyperbole, and leaves most posters wondering if the writer is drunk or just so lost in his own little world that he has no idea what the thread is about.  This is classic man.  Keep it up.

The_Pioneer

That's because he is a maroon and lousy poster.  But FF has had a long history of those.

Hogman2018

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 03, 2018, 01:13:07 pm
That's because he is a maroon and lousy poster.  But FF has had a long history of those.
Hey Idiot learn how to spell before  you call someone a name! Ask Incognito he knows everything just ask him!! Im a maroon what is that?

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on November 03, 2018, 12:53:21 pm
I love it!!! One sentence, has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, complete hyperbole, and leaves most posters wondering if the writer is drunk or just so lost in his own little world that he has no idea what the thread is about.  This is classic man.  Keep it up.
The poster was talking about the East and how they were gonna do in the playoffs! All I said was Batesville will win it all!! Dont know why you cant understand that!

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 03, 2018, 08:36:58 pm
The poster was talking about the East and how they were gonna do in the playoffs! All I said was Batesville will win it all!! Dont know why you cant understand that!
I am guessing 14 Natty Lights.

Hogman2018

Yellowcake

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 03, 2018, 08:19:00 pm
Hey Idiot learn how to spell before  you call someone a name! Ask Incognito he knows everything just ask him!! Im a maroon what is that?

Maroon was intentional. You are too young to get it.
Coined by bugs bunny back in the day.
That is a real and accurate fact.

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 04, 2018, 01:12:30 am
I was just going to let him keep thinking that pioneer meant to call him a moron.  Nice Bugs Bunny reference though. 

JacketFan

God Bless Texarkana fans, I needed a good laugh this morning, and this thread is maroonicaly hysterical!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 04, 2018, 01:12:30 am

https://youtu.be/Y8GGpYFmkYI

check it out.

Overdahill

incogneto

Quote from: Overdahill on November 04, 2018, 04:33:03 pm
maybe Incogneto should change Yellowcake's moniker to Bugs Bunny :D
Haha I could go with Marooncake;)

Go Postal

way2go

tmycjy

here is the east in the last 5 year of playoffs

Wynne                                    Batesville                         Blytheville          Valley View 
2017 Simi finals                       1st round                        No Playoffs          1st Round
2016 State runner up               Simi Finals                      1st Round            no playoffs
2015 Quarterfinals                    Simi finals                      1st round             No Playoffs
2014 State Runner up              Simi Finals                       1st Round           No Playoffs
2013 Quarterfinals                   state runner up                No Playoffs         4A State playoffs simi finals

Nettleton                         Forrest City                  Paragould                          Green County Tech
2017 Simi Finals               No Playoffs                  No Playoffs                         No Playoffs
2016 No Playoffs              Quarter Finals              No Playoffs                         No Playoffs
2015 No Playoffs             1st Round                     No Playoffs                         No Playoffs
2014 1st Round               No Playoffs                  No Playoffs                         No Playoffs
2013 1st Round               No Playoffs                 No Playoffs                          No Playoffs

Deltaswarm3

Blytheville will make a good run to WMS, as long as they keep their heads on straight. This team will shock some folks, I think they are probably a top 5 team.
They are super fast on defense and very quick to the ball, I'm predicting they will make it to the semi's anyway, Good luck to the Chicks!
Wynne could possibly win this Friday with the Home field advantage, they made some changes on offense a couple of weeks ago, and it really seems to be clicking right now! Good luck to my Jackets!
VV will have their hands full this week, although this game could be a little closer than most think, VV has a pretty solid defense, but I don't think it will be enough in the end! Good luck to the Blazers this week!
Nettleton really has their hands full, I think Texarkana will run away with it! Good luck to the Raiders!

MDXPHD

I am starting to feel bad for most of the East fans...I mean I'll pull for the East but they don't have a chance of making a run to the ship this year. The East is way down and I believe the West is down too (other than Morrilton and Harrison - but Morrilton just came alive again). I don't think there is a team in the East that belongs in the top 7 or 8 teams in the state ranking.

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2018, 08:15:33 am
I am starting to feel bad for most of the East fans...I mean I'll pull for the East but they don't have a chance of making a run to the ship this year. The East is way down and I believe the West is down too (other than Morrilton and Harrison - but Morrilton just came alive again). I don't think there is a team in the East that belongs in the top 7 or 8 teams in the state ranking.
Don't feel bad for the East fans, most of them feel bad for Batesville for not making the playoffs. ;D ;D  I hope all  the other teams prepare for East teams as they will be pushover games, and the East rolls in, and hits them in the mouth with some upsets.  And don't feel bad, just come on down and watch some good playoff games on Friday night.  Go Jackets

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketFan on November 06, 2018, 02:49:44 pm
Don't feel bad for the East fans, most of them feel bad for Batesville for not making the playoffs. ;D ;D  I hope all  the other teams prepare for East teams as they will be pushover games, and the East rolls in, and hits them in the mouth with some upsets.  And don't feel bad, just come on down and watch some good playoff games on Friday night.  Go Jackets

The problem is that the east can't really hit anyone in the mouth this year..

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2018, 04:25:15 pm
The problem is that the east can't really hit anyone in the mouth this year..
Ok, you are absolutely right sir, so have a blessed day, and good luck to all teams Friday night. Go East

MikeDieselâ„¢

As of halftime, I can't believe that the East is even in these games much less leading in 3 of them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on November 09, 2018, 08:04:00 pm
As of halftime, I can't believe that the East is even in these games much less leading in 3 of them.

Absolutely agree. I think it's great for the East, but man the state must be down as a whole in 5A ball.

Hoghead2

Nettleton can start the bus up. 27-0 Texarkana at halftime.  Its pretty much the Cam Collier show. This one is over.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas