• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Southside

Started by MDXPHD, October 06, 2018, 09:49:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2018, 04:06:46 pm
Running the table might not get them 2nd.

If Southside wins out, they finish 5-2 with victories against Heber and Lonoke. That puts the Southeners SECOND with two losses. Stuttgart could lose to Southside and still win the conference at 6-1

phdefense

Quote from: JessieP on October 11, 2018, 02:57:03 pm
By simply posting that we know your a moron, the only question is your age.

Quote from: JessieP on October 11, 2018, 03:17:53 pm
A couple quick points. First, Judging by your grammar, punctuation and diction you shouldn't be speculating on anyone's comprehension level.

This place is just the gift that keeps on giving LOL

SUGARTOWN

October 11, 2018, 04:48:01 pm #52 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:49:54 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: HeberFan on October 11, 2018, 04:19:03 pm
If Southside wins out, they finish 5-2 with victories against Heber and Lonoke. That puts the Southeners SECOND with two losses. Stuttgart could lose to Southside and still win the conference at 6-1

Southside lost to Lonoke.

They win out and they may be tied with Lonoke and Heber with 2 losses each. Or Lonoke could win out and be 1 with Stuttgart at 2.

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on October 11, 2018, 03:36:04 pm
Some people in here missed their nap time and sippy cup.....

Back to the message board. Southside is plenty good. Can they run the table for 2nd in conference ?

Heber, Are you going a little bipolar on us? A few weeks ago you were one of the Southside is overhyped pack. Now you have an almost reverential respect for them. I was of the school of thought that Heber would beat them. Judging by your post one can ascertain that Heber will not win, you seem to know a lot about HS. So in reality I'd say yes, they should run the table from here on out. They do have a solid O-line and 2 playmakers on offense, their defensive front 7 is iffy and cannot stop a solid running team. Are they a good football team? Yes they are. Are they on par with Warren, Stuttgart, Nashville and Joe T? Not even close. Running the table seems not only likely but pretty easy. If Heber ask nice I bet SS will pose for pictures and sign autographs after the game.

Neckred

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 11, 2018, 03:59:34 pm
Weights are good but you need to get the cardio in as well
weights way more important than cardio buddy. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 05:25:34 pm

Yeah - so you can win that 1st quarter and nothing more right?

bigchief72455

Weights have their place but if you are gassed out by halftime it really doesn'tatter much.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: JessieP on October 11, 2018, 03:21:59 pm
You are really simple minded aren't you. Calling people keyboard warriors while sitting at your...keyboard. Classic.

Calling a coach a "dweeb" on a site for high school football unnecessary. Personal attacks, when you know the individual can not respond in any way, smacks of cowardice.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2018, 08:53:27 pm
Calling a coach a "dweeb" on a site for high school football unnecessary. Personal attacks, when you know the individual can not respond in any way, smacks of cowardice.

He responded on Instagram 😁

phdefense

October 12, 2018, 04:30:50 am #59 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:38:08 am by phdefense
Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 05:25:34 pm
Tell that to Rick Jones. There's a reason why Greenwood has a program called "FASDOGS" and not "SWOLEDOGS"

bigchief72455

Quote from: phdefense on October 12, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Tell that to Rick Jones. There's a reason why Greenwood has a program called "FASDOGS" and not "SWOLEDOGS"
Right. I have seen plenty of times where a team was the better team but lost because they were tired early in the game.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 11, 2018, 04:19:03 pm

I see that PH already corrected you.  Are you feeling ill over there or what?   As he pointed out Lonoke has beaten Southside already with their only conference loss to date to your Panthers. If Lonoke wins out minus the Stuttgart game they are going to be 3 seed.  If Lonoke wins out completely well then they are going to be the 1 seed. Pretty simple math actually!

HeberFan

Quote from: JessieP on October 11, 2018, 05:05:00 pm
Heber, Are you going a little bipolar on us? A few weeks ago you were one of the Southside is overhyped pack. Now you have an almost reverential respect for them. I was of the school of thought that Heber would beat them. Judging by your post one can ascertain that Heber will not win, you seem to know a lot about HS. So in reality I'd say yes, they should run the table from here on out. They do have a solid O-line and 2 playmakers on offense, their defensive front 7 is iffy and cannot stop a solid running team. Are they a good football team? Yes they are. Are they on par with Warren, Stuttgart, Nashville and Joe T? Not even close. Running the table seems not only likely but pretty easy. If Heber ask nice I bet SS will pose for pictures and sign autographs after the game.

I didn't say overhyped, I just said their expectations were a bit ahead of reality. That confidence showed in a good game against Warren. It has since slipped a bit. Never did I say Heber will not win. Simply stating both teams have strong points and neither should be underestimated.

You think Southside "running the table" will be easy?

Neckred

These comments in this thread about cardio being more important than weights just show how far Arkansas HS football is behind.  Some HS coaches actually believe this BS.  There is a reason Arkansas HS football is really bad and going downhill.  Ask Rick Jones if he had to choose running or weight training which one he would choose.  Promise you he says weights. 

RabAlumni

Quote from: Neckred on October 12, 2018, 09:18:43 am
These comments in this thread about cardio being more important than weights just show how far Arkansas HS football is behind.  Some HS coaches actually believe this BS.  There is a reason Arkansas HS football is really bad and going downhill.  Ask Rick Jones if he had to choose running or weight training which one he would choose.  Promise you he says weights.

If it's so behind perhaps you could find another job in another state? Also, weights will always have it's place. You have to be Strong in order to take a beating every week, you must be strong to win some battles in the trenches, and being strong helps you keep from being injured all the time. However, Technique also helps you be a better tackler, win battles in the trenches, not be injured all the time, sustain a beating every week, etc too so which is more important there?  Being in shape to me is most important because if you have a team of in shape players and players that play with technique they eventually are going to overwhelm the boys across the field that are out of shape and just "strong" from lifting weights.

Neckred

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 12, 2018, 09:25:23 am

If it's so behind perhaps you could find another job in another state? Also, weights will always have it's place. You have to be Strong in order to take a beating every week, you must be strong to win some battles in the trenches, and being strong helps you keep from being injured all the time. However, Technique also helps you be a better tackler, win battles in the trenches, not be injured all the time, sustain a beating every week, etc too so which is more important there?  Being in shape to me is most important because if you have a team of in shape players and players that play with technique they eventually are going to overwhelm the boys across the field that are out of shape and just "strong" from lifting weights.
I guess some of you don't fully comprehend that lifting weights is the number one thing to build speed and explosiveness.  This is why at the NFL combine they test for bench press, vertical jump, and 40 and not a 5k....

scrapdig

Quote from: Neckred on October 12, 2018, 09:40:20 am
I guess some of you don't fully comprehend that lifting weights is the number one thing to build speed and explosiveness.  This is why at the NFL combine they test for bench press, vertical jump, and 40 and not a 5k....
Ha ha very true.  A good practice will take care of the 90% of the cardio by itself.  You better have a heck of a weight program if you want to be good. 

phdefense

It's interesting that you bring up the NFL combine. Considering that they test how many times a player can lift a moderate weight, not their max. You are getting called out on the things you say because you exaggerate aka hyperbole. The "5k" reference is an example. No one in this thread mentioned long distance running other than you.

HeberFan

I think the best program is to be super strong and super fast !

Neckred

Quote from: HeberFan on October 12, 2018, 09:58:53 am

I think the best program is to be super strong and super fast !
Hopefully we can all agree on this

HeberFan

I think a good player would be someone with the size of Earl Campbell, the speed of Deion Sanders, the moves of Barry Sanders, the toughness of Larry Czonka and the football IQ of Mike Singletary. Just sayin'.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on October 12, 2018, 10:21:26 am
I think a good player would be someone with the size of Earl Campbell, the speed of Deion Sanders, the moves of Barry Sanders, the toughness of Larry Czonka and the football IQ of Mike Singletary. Just sayin'.
Showing your age a little there. LOL

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 12, 2018, 10:29:08 am
Showing your age a little there. LOL

I almost said "football IQ of Johnny Unitas!"

bigchief72455

AverageJo24

MDXPHD

Obviously you want to be strong and fast - but if you don't have depth and you're strong and fast for a quarter or two, it won't matter.

NFL? 4A football has kids playing both ways a lot of the time. They get tired and don't have a good replacement. You can't compare the training in 4A ball to the NFL. That's absurd.

HeberFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2018, 10:46:41 am
Obviously you want to be strong and fast - but if you don't have depth and you're strong and fast for a quarter or two, it won't matter.

NFL? 4A football has kids playing both ways a lot of the time. They get tired and don't have a good replacement. You can't compare the training in 4A ball to the NFL. That's absurd.

You expect people to MAKE SENSE in here ????

Neckred

Yes you can compare because the most important thing for being a good football player at any level is explosiveness.  Explosiveness is increased more through weight training than anything else.  This is not rocket science, it's pretty much common sense stuff. 

RabAlumni

I know a ton of players who can't bench press a dime, but can jump out of the roof and run a 4.4 flat so does that mean that lifting weights helped them do that?  I don't think so!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Neckred on October 12, 2018, 10:51:59 am
Yes you can compare because the most important thing for being a good football player at any level is explosiveness.  Explosiveness is increased more through weight training than anything else.  This is not rocket science, it's pretty much common sense stuff.

Agreed about being explosive. But again, it doesn't matter if that explosiveness goes away in a quarter because your kids are already too tired. I know logic isn't important on the boards, but could we use just a little here?

cuckoobird

this thread has been good entertainment

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 12, 2018, 11:03:57 am
this thread has been good entertainment

You might say it's an Entertaiment MACHINE !!!

panther07

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2018, 08:53:27 pm

You act as though I really attacked his character or talked about his family. Don't be so easily offended my man. It's ok.

panther07

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 03:03:49 pm
Jessie I was talking about him calling him a dweeb.  You know you and this other clown neither one would call him that to his face.  You are just especially upset that Batesville is really bad.  I guess you have trouble with reading comprehension because I didn't mention any of that BS you posted.  And yes I do believe if someone got called a dweeb by a grown man and he whipped that @#@ I have no problem with him coaching kids.

Do you realize what a dweeb is? It's calling somebody boring. If you're trying to fight over somebody calling you boring, you gotta loosen up a bit. "You calling this squat boring?!! Let's go Punk!!!"

bigchief72455

October 12, 2018, 11:14:15 am #84 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:15:51 am by bigchief72455

I was actually just typing a similar response. Most high school rosters don't have the depth or talent that a NFL team will have. I have witnessed personally a few players who were big prospects some currently on NCAA rosters that in high school did not have the endurance to last a quarter. You can bet that some cardio was thrown into that weight program after the college coaches saw it. But again in college you usually have a back up that can sub in for a play or 2.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Endurance training, or functional fitness(with regards to football) might be a better way to word it than cardio. Cardio makes me think of running a couple miles or 20 hundred yard sprints. Sleds and 10-20 yard sprints is probably a good way to condition for a football game, maybe 30 for wide receiver types. Additionally, kick-stepping is good for linemen.

HeberFan

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on October 12, 2018, 11:24:07 am
Endurance training, or functional fitness(with regards to football) might be a better way to word it than cardio. Cardio makes me think of running a couple miles or 20 hundred yard sprints. Sleds and 10-20 yard sprints is probably a good way to condition for a football game, maybe 30 for wide receiver types. Additionally, kick-stepping is good for linemen.

Kick stepping?  Like the Rockettes ?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: panther07 on October 12, 2018, 11:13:11 am
Do you realize what a dweeb is? It's calling somebody boring. If you're trying to fight over somebody calling you boring, you gotta loosen up a bit. "You calling this squat boring?!! Let's go Punk!!!"

It is what it is...you are what you are.

panther07

RabAlumni

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2018, 12:10:22 pm
It is what it is...you are what you are.

This dude just loves to hear himself type, pay no attention to it! Probably some 31 year old dude that still lives at home with mommy and daddy while making sure not to miss a Colt's practice so he can re-live his glory days of playing trumpet in the band and watching Rivercrest be good at something.

panther07

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 12, 2018, 10:53:43 am

I know a ton of players who can't bench press a dime, but can jump out of the roof and run a 4.4 flat so does that mean that lifting weights helped them do that?  I don't think so!

To be fair Rab, bench press isn't the only lift available in the weight room.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: HeberFan on October 12, 2018, 11:51:45 am
Kick stepping?  Like the Rockettes ?

When lineman get separation on a dropback pass. Think tackles like Lane Johnson or Tyrone Smith flying back to catch a Von Miller or JJ Watt.

Neckred

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 12, 2018, 10:53:43 am

You heard of squats, power clean, dead lift?

RabAlumni

Quote from: Neckred on October 12, 2018, 01:08:29 pm
[/quote

Yes, I should've been more specific to state that they can't lift their weight in those areas either. My apologies for not being clear on this issue, but my point still remains the same!

panther07

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 12, 2018, 03:54:14 pm
Quote from: Neckred on October 12, 2018, 01:08:29 pm
[/quote

Yes, I should've been more specific to state that they can't lift their weight in those areas either. My apologies for not being clear on this issue, but my point still remains the same!

Man... if you don't think squats and deadlifts can help with a vertical or sprints, you've lost it. Sprinters Lift weights all the time

RabAlumni

Quote from: panther07 on October 12, 2018, 04:04:44 pm
Man... if you don't think squats and deadlifts can help with a vertical or sprints, you've lost it. Sprinters Lift weights all the time

Dude, what are you talking about?  You are talking about "help" while I am over here stating that Weights have their place but that's not the end all be all like the other fella is spouting. I think you are preaching to me while not understanding what I am saying Panther!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 12, 2018, 01:00:59 pm

This dude just loves to hear himself type, pay no attention to it! Probably some 31 year old dude that still lives at home with mommy and daddy while making sure not to miss a Colt's practice so he can re-live his glory days of playing trumpet in the band and watching Rivercrest be good at something.

This coming from a guy in his early thirties with no job? And half his posts are talking about his not-so-glory days? Jealousy is such an ugly emotion from those not blessed to be winners.

cuckoobird

I had you pegged living with mommy and daddy coltfan...

SouthernerPride

I've been gone for two weeks and you guys completely fly off the handle.. creating pointless threads just to derail them with personal cannon fodder.. smh ???

On a lighter note, the Southerners got back to winning tonight on Homecoming against CAC.

RabAlumni

October 12, 2018, 10:20:53 pm #99 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:22:39 pm by RabAlumni
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2018, 04:58:29 pm
This coming from a guy in his early thirties with no job? And half his posts are talking about his not-so-glory days? Jealousy is such an ugly emotion from those not blessed to be winners.

34 to be exact if you'd like to know. I was always a winner brother and still am to this day. My undergrad degree and my law degree that I hold probably say that I do hold a job. If you'd like to come visit said Job, I'd happily show you around the Capitol which I look out at from my corner office window daily. I'm sorry I pushed your button with my comment though. Tell your folks hi for us tonight while you're raiding the pantry looking for your nightly little debbie snack.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas