• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Southside

Started by High Voltage, September 03, 2018, 08:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Southside
23 (57.5%)
Greenwood
17 (42.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: September 10, 2018, 08:50:07 am

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on September 07, 2018, 10:37:39 pm
Hmmmmm, boy what I could do here, but the loss is bad enough I guess.

Knock yourself out, HV....I'm not looking for a bridge to jump off because Southside lost a football game.

I will sleep like a baby tonite and crawl on the Dixie Chopper and mow my 4 acres tomorrow just like I would have if we would have won...

Baitshop

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 07, 2018, 11:04:11 pm
Grizz, you have posted what 12 post, and each one you post makes you look more and more foolish. Take your win and go climb back under the rock you came out from under. You have nothing to add to this forum.

C'mon, bigfootdogfan, Grizz is no worse than the GW faithful are when they beat Southside or Northside. I don't see a lot of "taking your win and climbing back under your rock" from you guys.

You boys got physically dominated last week and lost to a better team....perhaps "take your loss and go crawl back under your rock" would be appropriate for you too...??

grizz

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 10:59:20 pm
The weakest thing here is your comebacks. Until then, I guess I am in my "sads", but not saddened or anything if that is what that means. We just beat SS for the 7th time in a row. Can you all say that?? I mean I know back when my dad was all state at NS, those teams could, but that is a long, long time ago. A good 40-50 years ago.

Good lawdy, son!!!  You are reaching back to when daddy played football?  ROFL!

I don't care what SHS did or didn't do.  Southside has good athletes, but is battling a coaching deficit.  Their problem.  Not mine.
I care what NHS did. 
heck, Van Buren put up more of a fight than Greenwood did.  The green machine would be scary for you if you played them next week.

Yes, you have the sads.  I am not sad for you, though.  You are gonna have to fight through that on your own.  You guys have a south Sebastian county fair coming up, don't you?  Maybe that will distract you for a while.

grizz

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 07, 2018, 11:04:11 pm
Grizz, you have posted what 12 post, and each one you post makes you look more and more foolish. Take your win and go climb back under the rock you came out from under. You have nothing to add to this forum.

Having too much fun for that.  Sorry.

My 12 posts (now 13) are all works of art.  You should behold them all and give them their proper respect.

Baitshop

The weakest thing here is your comebacks and your obvious issues with sexual identity.

Until then, I guess I am in my "sads", but not saddened or anything if that is what that means? We just beat SS for the 7th time in a row. Can you all say that?? I mean I know back when my dad was at NS, those teams could, but that is a long, long time ago. A good 40-50 years ago. I know he was pretty embarrassed by what NS had become prior to his passing.

Why is always "sexual identity" with you GW boys..??  :-\ That bad water that you boys have been drinkin' down there for years has been making you a little phobic.

By the way, as much as I hate to ask, have we beaten the UofG since Tyler Wilson's junior year? (2006)

Pr8hd

Quote from: sssuperpantherfan2 on September 04, 2018, 12:46:10 pm
GW usually rebounds well after a loss, SS will have their hands full and if they are not as good as NS, I expect GW good get the win.

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2018, 08:51:07 pm
I'm going against the grain.  Jones will work out the problems this week. 

Some very astute observations and commentary, +1 to you both.

It's typically a bad day for any opponent when GW loses the week prior. At least, that has been the history it seems.

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 11:24:20 pm #56 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:26:03 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 11:13:36 pm
Why is always "sexual identity" with you GW boys..??  :-\ That bad water that you boys have been drinkin' down there for years has been making you a little phobic.

By the way, as much as I hate to ask, have we beaten the UofG since Tyler Wilson's junior year? (2006)

You beat them his Sr year in 2007. He/GW won in 2006 as a Jr. So, 2007 is the last win...Didn't start playing again till 2012 regularly.

Well, the water has never been good you know that.
It makes you do funny things, but it has never made me look at a man's bohiney and made me think it was more attractive than a woman's. Your NS counterpart was bringing out the manhandling talk and stuff like he was a from Penn St. or something.   I just pulled out the Ned Beatty reference because of the passing of Bandit One. It seemed somewhat appropriate????

7AFBFAN

Savoy had a concussion for the poster who was asking. Just as I eluded to earlier today I figured last weeks game for GW was mostly due to the talent of NS this year. GW has the potential to have another great year. They kicked our tails again tonight so hats off to them. I figured it was an uphill battle thinking no way Jones will start 0-2. And he didn't. Our boys hopefully will work on tackling and pass defense and improve from here on out. Good luck to GW the rest of year.

Bigfootdogfan

Bait, show me where any GW fan has acted like the Grizz over the win over SS tonight. Also I didn't see any where, where any GW fan tried to make any excuse for our lose to NS, we got beat by a better team, plain and simple. We moved on to the next game like the Grizz should have, end of story!!!!!!!

Suzuki Libation Nation

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on September 07, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
Rumor has it Holt is being moved from QB to Left tackle this week as this will keep the new qb from being sacked on his blind side as Holt is a beast on the line. In Little League he made All-State 8 years in a row atlink=topic=156543.msg3613658#msg3613658 date=1536353079]
Rumor has it Holt is being moved from QB to Left tackle this week as this will keep the new qb from being sacked on his blind side as Holt is a beast on the line. In Little League he made All-State 8 years in a row at Left tackle and extra point holder. Here's my prediction with this new development:
Grindforest    38
Mouthside      21
Well it was 38-20 with like eight minutes left then the Mavs popped a quick easy teedee to pull within 38-27. What the average fan didn't notice was the jersey change from the left tackle and the quarterback for Greenwood. Holt then went in at left tackle and the game changed noticeably. Arkansas could have a sleeper recruit in Holt on the line for the Bulldogs this season. Great strategy by Coach Jones and definitely the difference in the game. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2018, 11:24:43 pm
Savoy had a concussion for the poster who was asking. Just as I eluded to earlier today I figured last weeks game for GW was mostly due to the talent of NS this year. GW has the potential to have another great year. They kicked our tails again tonight so hats off to them. I figured it was an uphill battle thinking no way Jones will start 0-2. And he didn't. Our boys hopefully will work on tackling and pass defense and improve from here on out. Good luck to GW the rest of year.

Ouch, that's no bueno at all if he was throwing up as well like I heard. Hope he'll be ok. He was impressive.

GW missed a ton of tackles as well. SS has some nice weapons when Savoy is healthy to go along with Gatewood and the tall receiver on the edge. Also, #3 the kid that replaced Savoy has some jets made a nice play on the wheel route pass.   

grizz

The weakest thing here is your comebacks and your obvious issues with sexual identity. Keep in mind you brought up the manhandle and "buthurt" first. I just painted a clearer analogy for you without calling into terms a person's sexual preferences that will likely result in this post getting locked down. I am married to a pretty hot looking woman btw, but thanks for the suggestions. Try Tinder or Farmers Only to meet your own needs. Whatever that may be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Until then, I guess I am in my "sads", but not saddened or anything if that is what that means? We just beat SS for the 7th time in a row. Can you all say that?? I mean I know back when my dad was at NS, those teams could, but that is a long, long time ago. A good 40-50 years ago. I know he was pretty embarrassed by what NS had become prior to his passing.

Sounds like your old man was a proud Grizzly.  Good for him.  You are still a truly upset Bulldog stinging from a full scale butt whipping a week ago. 
Go play Siloam or whatever big games are left on your schedule.  We will keep playing the top 5 in the state.  Your big game chances are over for this year.
You lost.  Get over it.  I'm sure Coach Jones will have you back there.  He does a helkuva a job coaching and recruiting.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 11:30:00 pm
Ouch, that's no bueno at all if he was throwing up as well like I heard. Hope he'll be ok. He was impressive.

GW missed a ton of tackles as well. SS has some nice weapons when Savoy is healthy to go along with Gatewood and the tall receiver on the edge. Also, #3 the kid that replaced Savoy has some jets made a nice play on the wheel route pass.

SS had some positives tonight as you mentioned but also seemed to be playing at a slower speed than GW overall. The defense looked much better last week but of course it may have been due to the opponent. For the kids sake I hope it was just an off night or GW was just that good. We shall see.

grizz

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 11:30:00 pm

Agree on this.  Hope Savoy recovers quickly.

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 11:24:20 pm
You beat them his Sr year in 2007. He/GW won in 2006 as a Jr. So, 2007 is the last win...Didn't start playing again till 2012 regularly.

So, you're sayin' that once we beat you in 2007 that you guys ducked playing us again until 2012..??..??

Dude, I love your memory of this waaaay more than I like mine..

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 11:48:57 pm #65 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:54:41 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: grizz on September 07, 2018, 11:09:32 pm
Good lawdy, son!!!  You are reaching back to when daddy played football?  ROFL!

I don't care what SHS did or didn't do.  Southside has good athletes, but is battling a coaching deficit.  Their problem.  Not mine.
I care what NHS did. 
heck, Van Buren put up more of a fight than Greenwood did.  The green machine would be scary for you if you played them next week.

Yes, you have the sads.  I am not sad for you, though.  You are gonna have to fight through that on your own.  You guys have a south Sebastian county fair coming up, don't you?  Maybe that will distract you for a while.

LM-AO, thumping your chest over a mighty win over VB as well. "Green Machine" ..ROTFLMAO. Stop it, you are killing me, Smalls. Go slap the Gooch or something. Congrats on a huge win tonight.  :D NS uber alles!!!  :P

Actually the fair was a week or so ago here, I took my kids and we saw you there working remember? You were running the Zipper and sucking on a chili dog while listening to "Jack and Diane". I probably won't go to the FS fair, too many creeps and pedophiles, not family friendly. So, I'll miss seeing you there, Joe Dirt.  Hopefully, you will get a premium gig with the amount of carny experience you have.  :-\

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 11:53:20 pm #66 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:56:05 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 11:46:02 pm
So, you're sayin' that once we beat you in 2007 that you guys ducked playing us again until 2012..??..??

Dude, I love your memory of this waaaay more than I like mine..

Yep, that is what happened. We had down years in 2008-2009, so we ran away like the English did from the French ala Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We only came back out of hiding when we found the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch aka the Morgan brothers and some guys who were fit enough to wear #63 for like the next 6 years.

Baitshop

September 07, 2018, 11:57:26 pm #67 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:02:31 am by Baitshop
Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 11:48:57 pm
LM-AO, thumping your chest over a mighty win over VB as well. "Green Machine" ..ROTFLMAO. Stop it, you are killing me, Smalls. Go slap the Gooch or something. Congrats on a huge win tonight.  :D NS uber alles!!!  :P

Actually the fair was a week or so ago here, I took my kids and we saw you there working remember? You were running the Zipper and sucking on a chili dog while listening to "Jack and Diane". I probably won't go to the FS fair too many creeps and pedophiles, so I'll miss seeing you there.  Hopefully, you will get a premium gig with the amount of carny experience you have.  :-\

"runnin' the Zipper and sucking on a chili dog"......PHEW, dude I don't even know what that means but that sounds nasty....I couldn't even type that...

Tell me that you didn't stop and stare at him while he was doing that..??..??

BUT, I would bet $20 that bulldogger15 and Idon'tknowwhoIthinkIam both have done it....and I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same room when they did it.... :o

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 11:57:26 pm
"runnin' the Zipper and sucking on a chili dog"......PHEW, dude that sounds nasty....I couldn't even type that...

You sure you boys aren't havin' some kind of funky hallucinations from that bad water..??..??

Well, I started to say Tilt A Whirl, but the funny thing is a lot of the fair ride names are well....funny when it comes to John Cougar Mellencamp's signature song/lyric.

Lol, that is cracking me up....especially your edit now.

grizz

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 11:48:57 pm

Actually the fair was a week or so ago here, I took my kids and we saw you there working remember? You were running the Zipper and sucking on a chili dog while listening to "Jack and Diane". I probably won't go to the FS fair too many creeps and pedophiles, so I'll miss seeing you there.  Hopefully, you will get a premium gig with the amount of carny experience you have.  :-\

Casey Dick's green machine vs Greenwood would be a great ballgame this year.  Too bad it won't happen.  I think he coaches better than he quarterbacks.  Good for him and them.  They need some excitement in that program.  He is bringing it.

Well done, sir.  I have been looking for a quality response to some good effort trolling.  Yours made me laugh.  The Jack and Diane reference is the capstone. 
I gotta go over to LeFlore County now to follow my carnie gig, but I will be back soon.  :)

Pr8hd

Quote from: grizz on September 08, 2018, 12:04:32 am
Casey Dick's green machine vs Greenwood would be a great ballgame this year.  Too bad it won't happen.  I think he coaches better than he quarterbacks.  Good for him and them.  They need some excitement in that program.  He is bringing it.

Well done, sir.  I have been looking for a quality response to some good effort trolling.  Yours made me laugh.  The Jack and Diane reference is the capstone. 
I gotta go over to LeFlore County now to follow my carnie gig, but I will be back soon.  :)

+1 Kudos for playing a long....best of luck to NS. They do have a good team and despite my comments I hope both FS and NS have success the remainder of the year.

grizz

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2018, 12:07:12 am
+1 Kudos for playing a long....best of luck to NS. They do have a good team and despite my comments I hope both FS and NS have success the remainder of the year.

I been trying to beat the chili dog reference, but I got nothing (for now).  That was brutal.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 08, 2018, 10:19:03 am #72 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:48:58 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

CJ7

September 08, 2018, 05:38:03 pm #73 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:41:30 pm by CJ7

High Voltage

Bait, on a serious note here. You have a great voice for announcing, but you seriously should be less crazy when announcing 1st downs and SS big plays. You were all giddy early and your voice kinda went sour when GW pulled away. It sounds bad. If you are going to announce plays early like you are winning the Super Bowl then you should do it late as well. Don't act late when you are getting thumped like someone just stole your Barbie doll!

@bringbacklunney
@lunneywasagreatcoach
@lunneybestcoachever@SS
@getthemboysinshape
@8inanrow
@bigboyfootballnolongeratSS

Baitshop

Thanks, but for future references, please send all comments to my website...

www.whocareswhatyouthink.org

@nosh*tsgiven
@opinionsarelikea**holes
@writeyourcongressman
@mymamstilllovesme
@yougetwhatyoupayfor
@barrylunneyisretired

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Baitshop on September 09, 2018, 05:51:36 pm

@nosh*tsgiven
@opinionsarelikea**holes
@writeyourcongressman
@mymamstilllovesme
@yougetwhatyoupayfor
@barrylunneyisretired

HAHA

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 09, 2018, 05:51:36 pm

@nosh*tsgiven
@opinionsarelikea**holes
@writeyourcongressman
@mymamstilllovesme
@yougetwhatyoupayfor
@barrylunneyisretired
Just trying to help! But hey, I figured you were too good or think you are to take any advice! Just like the school board and boosters, never take any advice and look where you are now. ;)
@announcerhelpplease
@Iamsobiased
@LunneymayberetiredbutisstillbetterthanCJW
@anypayisoverpayforsouthsideannouncer
@theannouncermustbeliberal

The Future

You guys are making me miss hashtags

Baitshop

September 10, 2018, 04:06:15 pm #79 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:34:27 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on September 10, 2018, 03:04:10 pm
Just trying to help! But hey, I figured you were too good or think you are to take any advice! Just like the school board and boosters, never take any advice and look where you are now. ;)
@announcerhelpplease
@Iamsobiased
@LunneymayberetiredbutisstillbetterthanCJW
@anypayisoverpayforsouthsideannouncer
@theannouncermustbeliberal

You're right, not only do I think I am, I AM too good to take advice from you about PA work...waaaay too good!

#whatpartofnosh*tsgivendoyounotunderstand
#howstheviewfromthecheapseats
#youvebeenlisteningtoceciltoolong
#anotherbaitshopwannabe
#yourwhininytearstastelikemountaindew

jeffslilbro

THAT'S another Greenwood Bulldog first down, touchdown, and win over F.S. Southside. Next conversation

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 10, 2018, 04:06:15 pm
You're right, not only do I think I am, I AM too good to take advice from you about PA work...waaaay too good!

#whatpartofnosh*tsgivendoyounotunderstand
#howstheviewfromthecheapseats
#youvebeenlisteningtoceciltoolong
#anotherbaitshopwannabe
#yourwhininytearstastelikemountaindew

I wouldn't have expected anything less from a wannabe announcer. You sound like the chick in the Monday night booth last night!

@whatpartofbeingprofessionaldoyounotundertsand?
@youarenothowardcosell
@heysslostagaintoGW
@bigboyfootballislostinsouthfortsmith
@goodluckwiththe5seedagain

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 11, 2018, 02:33:11 pm #82 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:49:14 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas