• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rogers schools football

Started by Maynard G Krebs, August 31, 2018, 09:26:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Ready for basketball season yet?

Mr. Mercer

Lumberjackfan1978

Why can't the Rogers schools compete do they have lots of numbers but just not the athletes or is it coaching if the have the numbers I would think there would be a few athletes and a few players and they could win some

Maynard G Krebs

Maybe those transplanted folk from  up north are more attuned to lacrosse?

Earl is my Hero!!

The Rogers school district dropped football when they split. Just forgot to tell everyone.

Brucewayne

AirWarren

Quote from: Brucewayne on September 01, 2018, 05:20:42 pm
Was Rogers ever competitive?

One year. 2006.

They are no different than Greenland or Elkins. Only with 90 kids on the squad.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

The coaching staff fails to tell the kids when they sign up that this kind of football is played with a pointy end ball

Rocket23

I have often wondered this.  They have the numbers enrollment-wise.

obamabill

For years, even before the split, the past superintendent and past ad made athletics the lowest school priority.  The effect now reflects on schools pride and academics.  Same sorry performance.

However, the new superintendent and the new ad will hopefully bring a new spirit, attitude to Rogers district athletics.

Thoughts??

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: obamabill on September 11, 2018, 08:54:46 pm
For years, even before the split, the past superintendent and past ad made athletics the lowest school priority.  The effect now reflects on schools pride and academics.  Same sorry performance.

However, the new superintendent and the new ad will hopefully bring a new spirit, attitude to Rogers district athletics.

Thoughts??

Your moniker is disturbing

Maynard G Krebs

Hats off to Rogers for beating LR Parkview.  Either PV is not what I expected or Rogers has improved much since I saw them play at Joe T.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 15, 2018, 10:10:07 am
Hats off to Rogers for beating LR Parkview.  Either PV is not what I expected or Rogers has improved much since I saw them play at Joe T.

Parkview is super young. Bunch of sophomores that will be studs in two years. But it was a solid win for the Mounties to get something positive going in their season.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 15, 2018, 10:10:07 am
Proud Rogers got the win

whatsamountie

Blaming football woes in Rogers on administration/AD is somewhat shortsighted. Historically, success has rarely been consecutive and never been sustained. There have been some bright spots since my memory began in the 70s, but not enough to change the culture/trend. I've never understood it, but always rooted for better. 

HonestAbe20

Maybe the start of something good in Rogers

footballfan-tastic

These guys just traditionally struggle in football.  Is it numbers, lack of interest, community support, what's up?

Rob Van Winkle

October 17, 2018, 03:18:43 pm #17 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:21:51 pm by Rob Van Winkle
Rogers has just never cared about football since the 1970s and early 1980s when Blackie Bond was the coach. They are one of the biggest school districts in the state and have had some good players come out of there over the years, but just not enough commitment to winning. Lots of whining about playing time from people who would rather lose and their kid play versus win and have little Johnny sit the bench.

Peacock was able to have some success in the mid-2000's with an exciting brand of football but he also got run out of town because of parents and look what that has gotten them since he left.

I think Lloyd is a good coach and doing good things at Rogers High and Tony Travis didn't just forget how to coach when he left Pea Ridge and went to Heritage. They just don't have any talent.

I said this before about school splits. When you split Great, you still get Good (Bentonville) and when you split Bad, you get Worse (Rogers).

footballfan-tastic

Very hard to develop talent when the interest is lacking.   

Razorback Red

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 17, 2018, 03:18:43 pm
Rogers has just never cared about football since the 1970s and early 1980s when Blackie Bond was the coach. They are one of the biggest school districts in the state and have had some good players come out of there over the years, but just not enough commitment to winning. Lots of whining about playing time from people who would rather lose and their kid play versus win and have little Johnny sit the bench.

Peacock was able to have some success in the mid-2000's with an exciting brand of football but he also got run out of town because of parents and look what that has gotten them since he left.

I think Lloyd is a good coach and doing good things at Rogers High and Tony Travis didn't just forget how to coach when he left Pea Ridge and went to Heritage. They just don't have any talent.

I said this before about school splits. When you split Great, you still get Good (Bentonville) and when you split Bad, you get Worse (Rogers).

Very true.  The other thing hurting Rogers the past few years is that it's so easy to go the Bville or West.  If your kid wants to play football and be a part of a great program, you simply move a few miles.  Just the reality we live in now. 

DerekOxford

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 17, 2018, 03:18:43 pm

This.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas