• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportsmanship Award

Started by teachers pet, July 30, 2018, 02:15:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Noticed on Twitter that all classes except 3A had a sportsmanship award, what gives?

beach bum

I think it must be because they just give the award to Glen Rose every year because they are always on such good behavior  ;D

BigLion10

According to AAA no one from 3A put in nominations

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: teachers pet on July 30, 2018, 02:15:06 pm
Noticed on Twitter that all classes except 3A had a sportsmanship award, what gives?
Republicans

AirWarren

SR30

And there again goes the cracks on Glen Rose.. don't you think it's time for some new material??

oasistrader

How many starters are returning(both ways) for Glen Rose ?

SR30

3 returning starters on offense 6 on defense I believe and out of them only one will be full time both ways. Prichard will anchor the OL at right guard and was moved off the DL to middle LB

Longfellow

Quote from: SR30 on July 30, 2018, 10:13:10 pm
And there again goes the cracks on Glen Rose.. don't you think it's time for some new material??
Why get new material when the old works so well?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on July 30, 2018, 11:41:29 pm
3 returning starters on offense 6 on defense I believe and out of them only one will be full time both ways. Prichard will anchor the OL at right guard and was moved off the DL to middle LB
Hope your son stays healthy playing both ways. Enjoy his Sr year.

SR30

Because these boys are not the Glen Rose you love to bash. But hey I guess if you weren't so jealous you wouldn't keep bringing us up.

beach bum

July 31, 2018, 02:34:51 pm #11 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:37:25 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SR30 on July 31, 2018, 10:17:44 am
Because these boys are not the Glen Rose you love to bash. But hey I guess if you weren't so jealous you wouldn't keep bringing us up.

Same coach or naw? .... Also, what is there to be jealous of Glen Rose since 2014? 2-8 that season is what programs with no history do and being bounced in the first round last year is what a lot of people do. And I am pretty sure none of the jokes are aimed at the kids whatsoever hence the first few words of this post.

SR30

July 31, 2018, 02:58:52 pm #12 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:00:33 pm by SR30
Well lets see in 2014 Glen Rose pretty much had a whole senior class decide to walk away.. it happens, last year the team was over confident and didn't have their mind right. No excuses but it happen. The thread was about the sportsmanship award, not wins or losses. To continue to bash a program with young men who are doing the best they can is just sad..But time and time again some posters on here continue to show how childish and petty they are. It's sad that they have nothing better in life than to troll FF boards.

Jimbo Morphis

Bites more baits than when Proud Buck first got on the board.

panther07

Quote from: Oldman on July 31, 2018, 04:03:23 pm
Bites more baits than when Proud Buck first got on the board.

Only bait if it's artificial. Glen Rose been known to start fights at team camps more than anyone around the state. If the shoe fits..

SR30

Just how many glen rose team camps have you been to panther07?? My first guess would be 0.. but I'm sure you heard it on the internet and the internet doesn't lie

panther07

July 31, 2018, 11:57:38 pm #16 Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:00:16 am by panther07
Quote from: SR30 on July 31, 2018, 06:56:03 pm
Just how many glen rose team camps have you been to panther07?? My first guess would be 0.. but I'm sure you heard it on the internet and the internet doesn't lie

Well... I've been to several as a player where they were. I guess that was 3 during my playing career. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

beach bum

Behavior at camps is a direct reflection of a coach letting his players act out... kids know they can get away with suspect behavior without hurting the team the same as in a real game by getting a 15 yard personal foul on a Friday night. There are two teams in the current 4-4A known for this behavior that the coaches do nothing about.

cuckoobird

Quote from: teachers pet on July 30, 2018, 02:15:06 pm
no one in 3a deserves a sportsmanship award...

SR30

Trust me you do not want to pull a unsportsmanlike penalty or personal foul on Friday night playing for GR. Or come Monday you will be doing the scolded Dog. I know this for a fact.

Rob Van Winkle

The GR coach was the dirtiest player I ever played against in college. Granted that was 30 years ago but I doubt he has changed much.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas