• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 state weightlifting championship

Started by SR30, April 10, 2018, 12:59:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

Who are some favorites to look for on the 21st? What are some totals to beat in each weight category? Any sleepers out there? I can name one. Anyone else?

nastynice

April 17, 2018, 06:02:41 pm #1 Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:05:16 pm by nastynice
Booneville might possibly be stronger than they were in 2017.  Depends on how the little guys do. They'll challenge again for the overall championship Saturday.

SR30

Wish our school was sending a full team. Just one going to compete as a individual.

beach bum

I have never understood why more schools do not take this meet seriously as a whole team as well as track too. Weightlifting and track are perfect for offseason football. Much of football is strength and speed taking over. Those two sports in the offseason keep kids in tune in offseason to set goals for their speed and strength development. I know a lot of schools don't give a flip about the weightlifting meet or track. That's just sad...

nastynice

Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2018, 02:40:31 pm
I have never understood why more schools do not take this meet seriously as a whole team as well as track too. Weightlifting and track are perfect for offseason football. Much of football is strength and speed taking over. Those two sports in the offseason keep kids in tune in offseason to set goals for their speed and strength development. I know a lot of schools don't give a flip about the weightlifting meet or track. That's just sad...

Watch this years results and past results and there is a big correlation between the teams that perform on the football field and those that perform at the meet.

SR30

I agree totally with that statement about weights and offseasons. Teams who do not take the weightroom seriously are dominated on the field.

purpleswag

Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2018, 02:40:31 pm

1) it's too far away and some schools won't pay for the team to stay in a motel the night before
2) when I went several years ago they didn't even weigh in the participants. What is that?
3) it's not sanctioned by the AAA so there are no preliminary meets and anyone can go making it less "special" IMO

bleudog

Fred Daniel (Junction City) , new 148 lb weight class AR State Record in Bench Press - 315 lbs

Fred broke his own State Record of 295 lbs that he previously set and has held since 2015.

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

Junction City Dragons win the 3A State Weightlifting Championship.

Back to back 3A State Champs!

bleudog

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas