• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton facility

Started by Chicky, February 25, 2018, 05:25:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Some of you central Arkansas folks fill us in on Morriltons facility, please.  When Kirby hosted at Nashville a few years back we even had pictures before we arrived.  Seats with backs, end zone bleachers, how many is it suppose to hold...you get the picture, give us some info.

HorseFeathers

riccoar

This the address for the gym

ATHLETIC OFFICE - (501) 354-7603
1310 POOR FARM RD.
Morrilton, AR 72110

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on February 25, 2018, 07:40:52 pm
This the address for the gym

ATHLETIC OFFICE - (501) 354-7603
1310 POOR FARM RD.
Morrilton, AR 72110

Never knew 247 had a city street name. ..

gobblerfire

There is a Facebook page to follow. 2018 1A State Tournament and it will be updated every quarter.

Chicky

Looks nice....hopefully everyone gets a seat.

Auron12

Any radio for those who can't attend?

Twitter?

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Auron12 on February 25, 2018, 09:32:23 pm
Any radio for those who can't attend?

Twitter?

Search ASTSprts on Twitter. They'll tweet scores tomorrow.

Search 101.7 KVOM on Google. They said they're going to broadcast their games via radio. There's a link to listen live online.

Auron12

playhard

KVOM 101.7 will broadcast the Wonderview games but probably not any others. The Facebook page mentioned earlier and FF will be your best way to get updates.

riccoar

Quote from: playhard on February 26, 2018, 02:11:06 am
KVOM 101.7 will broadcast the Wonderview games but probably not any others. The Facebook page mentioned earlier and FF will be your best way to get updates.

http://www.kvom.com/index.html

Has a link to listen live online

BannerChaser95

The real question no ones asking... how's the cell signal, and the nachos..?

Flobbito

KASR 92.7 out of Conway usually has a lot of games from MVE and Wonderview as well. They may do all of the games since Morrilton is in the River Valley area they serve. You can go to their website to listen live as well.

South 45

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2018, 07:49:25 am
The real question no ones asking... how's the cell signal, and the nachos..?
The chicken basket is your best bet...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: South 45 on February 26, 2018, 08:14:06 am
What about the cell signal?

South 45

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2018, 08:16:20 am
What about the cell signal?
I've never had an issue...My daughter claims she misses some calls (usually from me). 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: South 45 on February 26, 2018, 08:19:15 am
I've never had an issue...My daughter claims she misses some calls (usually from me).
... yeah dad, no I had TERRIBLE signal in the gym that's why I missed you call.

South 45

Just don't sit in the student section and you should be fine ;D!!! LoL

Flobbito

Quote from: South 45 on February 26, 2018, 08:14:06 am

Nachos and basketball is like socks and shoes.  But if you say chicken basket, I'll take your word for it.

South 45

Quote from: Flobbito on February 26, 2018, 09:17:51 am
Nachos and basketball is like socks and shoes.  But if you say chicken basket, I'll take your word for it.
Agreed...But somewhere around the third game of the day I require something with a little more sustenance. Chili fries are not bad either... 

PercussionMan

When you're looking for that "little more sustenance", if you're going away from the arena, don't miss trying out Road Hog BBQ (look them up on Facebook)....new in town, but been in Conway for a few years doing food truck and catering events....small place with not much seating, but have a drive thru also.  Lots of people brag on the BBQ nachos (which are sure enough great), but I personally like the pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches.  Just a different flavor than you get at a lot of places, but very good stuff!!  And, the guy that runs is it is a Morrilton grad and a great guy!!

Rallyround

Elia's Mexican grill between uaccm and Walmart was delicious

thebigman3

I just tried and neither radio station works. As of right now. 92.7 and 101.7

South 45

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 26, 2018, 05:07:44 pm
I just tried and neither radio station works. As of right now. 92.7 and 101.7
Looks to me like KVOM is set up across the way....I'm going to say the wonderview /county line game will be bradcasted.

Backboard Shattered

February 26, 2018, 06:19:27 pm #24 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:23:55 pm by HorseFeathers
Sonic and fill up on the Sack in the Box with optional foot long to satisfy your appetite

doctor in the house

This gym is awesome! Can we get a multi-year deal on class A state being held here?

teamworkwins

Absolutely awesome facility. Makes the experience even more exciting. It's almost like being in a miniature Hot Springs finals venue. I would be good with having state tournament here for a few years...

Motownsportsfan

The arena is first class. There seemed to be plenty of seating all day. I sat in like 9 different locations and cell service was spotty in some areas but good in others. The parking was a little tough but not real bad. That's the only thing that wasn't A 1 . Overall it's top notch.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: teamworkwins on February 27, 2018, 07:54:44 am
Absolutely awesome facility. Makes the experience even more exciting. It's almost like being in a miniature Hot Springs finals venue. I would be good with having state tournament here for a few years...
Amen on that!

South 45

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 27, 2018, 09:21:24 am
The parking was a little tough but not real bad. That's the only thing that wasn't A 1.
The parking lot directly behind (east of) the gym seemed to be underutilized yesterday. I saw plenty of open spots as I came and went. While school is in session the only way into it is the road behind the football stadium. There is a second ticket booth back there on the south east corner of the gym so don't make the mistake and walk all the way around to the front to enter. That entrance also has an elevator to reach the upper level if needed. 

JimmyChitwood

The parking is still better than Mt. Ida!

Moonshiner

What an awesome facility!!   Morrilton has done an awesome job hosting this tournament.  Kudos to the school, the administration, the athletic director, the coaches, and Wonderview fo their hospitality. Great tournament!!  Wish it could be here every year.

J.D.

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 09:14:05 pm
What an awesome facility!!   Morrilton has done an awesome job hosting this tournament.  Kudos to the school, the administration, the athletic director, the coaches, and Wonderview fo their hospitality. Great tournament!!  Wish it could be here every year.

I second this opinion

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 28, 2018, 09:15:14 pm
I second this opinion
it's a nice facility. Centrally located is a must. I'm sorry but Harrison, Bradley ain't cutting it. Some fans driving 6 hours, Harrison obviously with more accommodations but none the less a 15 minute drive from a town as big as Conway is nice.

Moonshiner

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2018, 09:20:01 pm
it's a nice facility. Centrally located is a must. I'm sorry but Harrison, Bradley ain't cutting it. Some fans driving 6 hours, Harrison obviously with more accommodations but none the less a 15 minute drive from a town as big as Conway is nice.

Can't do anything but agree.  Although....Morrilton ain't gonna wanna do this for class A very often.  So that leaves us with.....?

bscinar

I was told the facility cast $13m and I wouldn't doubt it😳

Moonshiner

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 09:31:04 pm
I was told the facility cast $13m and I wouldn't doubt it😳

I was told $15 million, but what's $2 million

bscinar

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 11:01:27 pm
more than I can afford  ;D ;D

Moonshiner

Me too. I am honestly very impressed.  Great Job Morrilton!!! Class A has been treated very well this year.  For once.

bscinar

and a couple years ago I thought Nashville was the best 1A could hope for -- Devil Dog Arena is unreal

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 09:24:28 pm
Can't do anything but agree.  Although....Morrilton ain't gonna wanna do this for class A very often.  So that leaves us with.....?
Not mentioning a gym in particular becasuse these towns have a couple or a town close by, but I'll say if again. The farthest south west  It needs to be in Hot springs, fathers south east maybe a white hall/Pine bluff/ sherdian. The farthest north west is a Morrilton/Russellville, farthest north east Searcy. Draw a circle to those 4 areas and keep 1A state in that circle. It makes the stays, the accommodations. The people who want to make the first round 1-4's and the Friday night quarter final games that  much easier. I had signal all night with Verizon. I love seat back seats, what more could we ask for? But sure I'll sit in a bleacher if I had to. Anyways that's my rant, draw a circle around Searcy, hot springs, pine bluff, and Russellville. Find a gym in that area and have some one host at the gym.

Backboard Shattered

The best in the state!  Every year! We got it and the highest grades Sonic

thebigman3

Lets take it to Alma's gym..

riccoar

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 11:01:27 pm

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jan/28/morrilton-mayor-says-construction-underway-2018/

Also on the education front, the South Conway County School District opened its almost $11.3 million Devil Dog Arena in December at Morrilton High School.

Flobbito

I think most 1A schools are near bigger schools, I don't see why this arrangement couldn't be made with others as well.  MVE could host at Vilonia, Guy could host at Greenbrier, Omaha and others could host at Harrison.  All three of those towns have top notch Sonics as well.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 09:59:19 am
I think most 1A schools are near bigger schools, I don't see why this arrangement couldn't be made with others as well.  MVE could host at Vilonia, Guy could host at Greenbrier, Omaha and others could host at Harrison.  All three of those towns have top notch Sonics as well.
Harrison is a 6 hour drive for some... granted theirs 3-1 north schools to south, it shouldn't be anywhere around the state line. Just not a decent travel for some. The middle of the state is the middle for MOST. 2-3 hours tops for most.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 09:59:19 am
Greenbrier wouldn't let us host it but I bet Conway would.

Flobbito

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 10:08:51 am
Harrison is a 6 hour drive for some... granted theirs 3-1 north schools to south, it shouldn't be anywhere around the state line. Just not a decent travel for some. The middle of the state is the middle for MOST. 2-3 hours tops for most.

I know Harrison is too far for some, probably a bad example, I was just thinking of larger schools near 1A schools.  Your idea of the Russelville,HotSprings' Pine Bluff, Search circle makes a lot of sense.

thebigman3

Who is close to Alma? Because they may just have the best gym in the state

Flobbito

March 01, 2018, 10:35:34 am #49 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:17:12 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: thebigman3 on March 01, 2018, 10:10:34 am
Greenbrier wouldn't let us host it but I bet Conway would.

Conway would be a great host site for Faulkner County schools. Fun fact, I was a construction forman for that arena when it was being built.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas