• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Regionals @ Berryville!

Started by BigGuy22, February 18, 2018, 12:42:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

Any brackets or any info on this tourney! Just start postin

Sigmund Sauer

1-Adam-12

Seeds from the 4-4A:

Boys
1. Pottsville
2. Subiaco
3. Booneville
4. Ozark

Girls:

1. Pottsville
2. Ozark
3. Dardanelle
4. West Fork

Gray lizard

February 19, 2018, 08:28:43 am #5 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:27:36 am by Gray lizard
Going to be some driving time.  I think in both girls and boys every team will have at least an hour drive one way but Berryville on the boys side and Huntsville on the girls side.

Looks to be some good match ups should be a fun one.

FastBreak12

February 19, 2018, 01:42:22 pm #6 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:46:08 pm by FastBreak12
Pottsville looking like the team to beat in this region. Subiaco is always tough, but Pottsville has a ton of experience and talent. Excited to see what the other district has as well. Should be fun to watch.

beach bum

Quote from: FastBreak12 on February 19, 2018, 01:42:22 pm
Pottsville looking like the team to beat in this region. Subiaco is always tough, but Pottsville has a ton of experience and talent. Excited to see what the other district has as well. Should be fun to watch.

In regionals I rarely will predict chalk with the top 2 seeds in each conference winning but that is what I will do in the boys side because Berryville is hosting...  Pea Ridge could win but I think Subiaco will show them a defense above what the Blackhawks were used to seeing in the blended league they were in and it will give Pea Ridge trouble... So I'll go with these predictions below.

Pottsville over Shiloh in the semis
Berryville over Subiaco

Subiaco over Shiloh in 3rd place game
Pottsville over Berryville in final

***Those are the four schools I predict get the state bids from the north

Gray lizard

I don't have a clue, but like your predictions.

Any thoughts on the girls side?

beach bum

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2018, 03:37:46 pm
I don't have a clue, but like your predictions.

Any thoughts on the girls side?

The boys side is honestly pretty tough to pick so I expect some close games. On the girls side if Pottsville and Berryville make it out of first round like they should the winner of their semifinal game should win the whole thing in my opinion.... I have stated on another thread that when Berryville fields a good team either on the boys or girls side they have a pretty difficult atmosphere to win on their floor. Them and Huntsville have the best basketball fans in the 1-4A. Huntsville travels well especially with Berryville a short trip away.

dodger

Berryville got themselves a way trickier first round girls' game by losing in the district final.  Dardanelle is up and down, but can play with anyone as evidenced by their 10-point road win at Pottsville in the regular season.  They'll pressure all over of the court and create some havoc.  Issue for the Lady Lizards is whether they can make shots.  First round game between these two teams in last year's first round of regionals was a barn burner. The other three first round girls' games should be chalk and not real competitive.   

BigGuy22

I think the Subiaco Pea Ridge game will be pretty close. I've watched some film on Subiaco and they shoot an average of at least 30 3's a game. If Pea Ridge can use their length and use their high low game then Subiaco might be in trouble. From what I've seen it doesn't look like Subiaco has a big inside that can guard Mahoney. I think if Mahoney has a big game inside and on the boards then Pea Ridge will win. If it is a shootout then I can see it coming down to the wire. Either way I think these are two of the best 3 point shooting teams in the state.

pridgehog

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 20, 2018, 09:24:09 am
I think the Subiaco Pea Ridge game will be pretty close. I've watched some film on Subiaco and they shoot an average of at least 30 3's a game. If Pea Ridge can use their length and use their high low game then Subiaco might be in trouble. From what I've seen it doesn't look like Subiaco has a big inside that can guard Mahoney. I think if Mahoney has a big game inside and on the boards then Pea Ridge will win. If it is a shootout then I can see it coming down to the wire. Either way I think these are two of the best 3 point shooting teams in the state.
I like Pea Ridge in this matchup. When you don't help off of the drivers and leave the shooters, they can't get open looks. It is like what Pea Ridge did to Huntsville last year. I think Pea Ridge will bounce back in a big way and get to State.

pridgehog

Quote from: beach bum on February 19, 2018, 03:01:16 pm
In regionals I rarely will predict chalk with the top 2 seeds in each conference winning but that is what I will do in the boys side because Berryville is hosting...  Pea Ridge could win but I think Subiaco will show them a defense above what the Blackhawks were used to seeing in the blended league they were in and it will give Pea Ridge trouble... So I'll go with these predictions below.

Pottsville over Shiloh in the semis
Berryville over Subiaco

Subiaco over Shiloh in 3rd place game
Pottsville over Berryville in final

***Those are the four schools I predict get the state bids from the north
Beach Bum predicting Pea Ridge to lose, say it isn't so!

beach bum

Quote from: pridgehog on February 20, 2018, 10:07:08 am
Beach Bum predicting Pea Ridge to lose, say it isn't so!

Well you had to pull a miracle to beat 8 seed Gentry followed with a loss to Shiloh when it mattered.... Subi will have a defense way better than anyone in the NWA blended league so I see Subi winning by 5-10. Just my analysis.

Sportshawk

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2018, 10:09:59 am
Well you had to pull a miracle to beat 8 seed Gentry followed with a loss to Shiloh when it mattered.... Subi will have a defense way better than anyone in the NWA blended league so I see Subi winning by 5-10. Just my analysis.
It all boils down to whether the Hawks come out like they did last week in the district meet, or will they play they way they did since December and prior to district, losing only one game.  They manhandled Shiloh at Shiloh just before the tournament, then shot terribly (less than 30%) against the same team to lose to them last week.  The boys have a way of coming back, coming from deep down to beat Gravette twice in overtimes.  We we will just have to wait and see.  I think there are six teams who could win this thing, if they get hot for three days.

BigGuy22

Well I can guarantee that shooting on Pea Ridge will not be easy because of their length. Subiaco's guards aren't very big, I think their biggest guard is about 5'11". Compared to guards that are 5'10", 6', 6'3". And a post that's 6'3", I don't think Subiaco will be able to shoot the way they normally do against Pea Ridge. But I guess when Thursday comes we will found out. Beach Bum will be surprised to see the way the Pea Ridge offense executes.

Gray lizard

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 20, 2018, 12:01:06 pm
Well I can guarantee that shooting on Pea Ridge will not be easy because of their length. Subiaco's guards aren't very big, I think their biggest guard is about 5'11". Compared to guards that are 5'10", 6', 6'3". And a post that's 6'3", I don't think Subiaco will be able to shoot the way they normally do against Pea Ridge. But I guess when Thursday comes we will found out. Beach Bum will be surprised to see the way the Pea Ridge offense executes.

Subiaco will be fine.  They will create their shots and out rebound most teams that are a lot taller than they are.  Subiaco really moves the ball well on offence and gets to lose balls very well. Do not use their size as a indicator of their play.

BigGuy22

I'm not saying that they aren't good cause of their size. For a smaller team they rebound really well and they are super aggressive and heck they can shoot the crap out of it. But from what I've seen the teams they have played don't look like they box out very well. Pea Ridge tries to focus on out toughing people, not out jumping people cause they don't have a lot of jumping ability. I think the rebound margin, the turnover margin, and of course the 3 point shooting will decide this game.

FastBreak12

Quote from: pridgehog on February 20, 2018, 09:31:49 am
I like Pea Ridge in this matchup. When you don't help off of the drivers and leave the shooters, they can't get open looks. It is like what Pea Ridge did to Huntsville last year. I think Pea Ridge will bounce back in a big way and get to State.
Regardless of who pulls it out, going to be a very good team going home after this one.

Gray lizard

@StevenGlen
Will there be a live stream of the Pottsville games today?  If not what station will it air on.
I wish I could make it but just can't.  If either team is playing Friday I am shutting down and will make the trip.

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 21, 2018, 08:26:27 am
@StevenGlen
Will there be a live stream of the Pottsville games today?  If not what station will it air on.
I wish I could make it but just can't.  If either team is playing Friday I am shutting down and will make the trip.
Can't answer the live stream question, but as a Tech student I usually hear the Pottsville games on 100.9

Gray lizard

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on February 21, 2018, 08:40:57 am
Can't answer the live stream question, but as a Tech student I usually hear the Pottsville games on 100.9

Thanks

StevenGlen

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 21, 2018, 08:26:27 am
@StevenGlen

No livestream from us, the AAA just makes it too bloody expensive for the School to afford the rights fee.  Yes, on the radio, and the other post is correct, as of now both games will be on 100.9 KWKK  here is an online link:
http://www.riverhitskwkk.com/

If the station changes at the last minute I'll try to post it here.  Thanks for being such a great fan of River Valley Sports

Gray lizard

Thank you for putting it on the radio for those that can't make the game.

Gray lizard

Girls
Pottsville 12
Huntsville 4
1st 1/4

Gray lizard

Girls
Pottsville   15
Huntsville    8

Half
Pottsville shooting off big time.

Gray lizard

Girls
Pottsville         37
Huntsville        10

End of 3rd 1/4

Gray lizard

Girls
Pottsville        45
Huntsville       19
Final

Gray lizard

Gray lizard

Gray lizard

Boys
Pottsville 42
Gravette 25
End of 3rd

Gray lizard

beach bum

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 21, 2018, 06:39:36 pm
Boys
Pottsville 56
Gravette 36
Final

Controlling victory throughout.... I am definitely rooting for that Pottsville vs Berryville final. That will have the best atmosphere of any potential final matchup.

x14113

BVCAT

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2018, 08:33:04 pm
Controlling victory throughout.... I am definitely rooting for that Pottsville vs Berryville final. That will have the best atmosphere of any potential final matchup.
Well said.....Pottsville is legit!

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge always has a great crowd. But of course they have to worry about today's matchup against Subiaco first!!!

StevenGlen

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 22, 2018, 07:37:22 am
Pea Ridge always has a great crowd. But of course they have to worry about today's matchup against Subiaco first!!!

You are exactly right on Subiaco. The Trojans defense may be the best that I've seen all year. If Subiaco's best shooter, #4 Myers I believe, is 100% they can score with anyone.  No they are not a one man show, he is just so deadly from outside of the arc. 

Gray lizard

Was sure glad to see Pottsville's player back from injury last night.  To make it better he hit a 3 on his first shot.  Great way to break the ice.

BigGuy22

From what I've seen, most of Subiaco's players can shoot from deep. It's gonna be a challenge for Pea Ridge to have their post out guarding a shooter but it's also gonna be a challenge for Subiaco to have to guard the post from Pea Ridge. Pea Ridge is missing one of their starters due to a knee injury from the Gravette game last week. He won't be starting and will be limited to very few minutes. I think it will be a tough game. Pea Ridge is going to have to be very physical and have to box out extremely well. Subiaco for their size can board extremely well. And Subiaco is going to have to make their shots and take care of the big. This will be a great game!

andydavis1234

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but the Subiaco game will be posted on their Livestream page.

https://livestream.com/Subiaco

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge will have the game livestreamed too. Ill see if I can find the link for anyone interested

andydavis1234

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 22, 2018, 10:13:18 am
Pea Ridge will have the game livestreamed too. Ill see if I can find the link for anyone interested
Subi just posted on their app that they're unsure about the stream tonight, so if you can find Pea Ridge's link, that would be appreciated.

Gray lizard

Girls
Berryville 14
Dardanelle 13

End of 1st

BigGuy22

http://www.esenetworks.com/live-events.aspx?id=51330

There is the link for the Pea Ridge livestream. Cost $5 to watch! Sorry it took so long!

Gray lizard

Girls
Berryville 27
Dardanelle 21
Half

BigGuy22

Man a tough 3 seed coming out of the 4-4. Dardanelle is playing really well from the looks of it.

BigGuy22

Just to update. Pea Ridge's Hayden Holtgrewe will be out this game due to a bruised knee bone. Barely able to walk on it during practice today. He was a defensive beast and a great finisher!

Gray lizard

Girls
Berryville 41
Dardanelle 28
end of 3rd

dodger

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 22, 2018, 04:47:55 pm
Man a tough 3 seed coming out of the 4-4. Dardanelle is playing really well from the looks of it.

D-town is athletic and scrappy.  Looking like cold stretch at the start of third is going to be a killer. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas