• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WM vs Benton

Started by westmem, November 10, 2017, 09:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

westmem

Wow this going to be a game
WM 35
Ben. 31

Oldbadger

Both teams have had some significant injuries.  Anyone have an update?

WeRFootball

Have to go with Benton..a very physical team.

Moose

Benton has been plagued by injuries this season but looked good last weekend.  The 3rd string sophomore QB that has been starting for them would be most teams starter. So, yeah the other two were that good. Rumor has it, that the original starting sophomore is ready to get on the field again, but missing most of the season it may not be a good idea.  I had a chance to watch WM earlier this year.  They looked solid then, with size and speed,  but I understand they've been hit by the injury bug as well.  Should be a close game, but I think the panthers pull this one out. 

admorris

2 my knowledge, both of Benton's top 2 qbs are still out.  One with a torn ACL and the other in concussion protocol

Moose

Quote from: admorris on November 14, 2017, 02:22:08 pm
2 my knowledge, both of Benton's top 2 qbs are still out.  One with a torn ACL and the other in concussion protocol

You're probably correct on that.  The player thinking he is ready and actually being released are two different things.  Without a doubt I would take #3 anyway.

The Future

Russellville won't beat Pine Bluff
Texarkana won't beat Greenwood
Searcy won't beat El Dorado
And although Benton will play a great game and keep it close, there won't be any upset here either.
No upsets in the 6A this week.

West Memphis 38
Benton 28

admorris

People said the same thing about Benton last year against Jonesboro and look what happened.  If Benton can start fast and have some success early, they will beat WM.  Benton has adjusted to their injuries with putting Stirgus at WR and Harper at RB/WR.  Should be a good close game

Wildcat Football

I really liked W. Memphis as the darkhorse earlier this year, but after PB's lopsided victory and only beating Jacksonville 24-14, thinking the Panthers pull out a W on the road following last week's trouncing of Jacksonville.  I've seen two of the W. Memphis games (MH & PB) and they only run between tackles for the most part and seem very one-dimensional. Whoever takes care of the ball will win. I do think W. Memphis plays much better at home with 6-game winning streak, so this will be an interesting game. Hooten's has Benton picked to win by 3.  W. Memphis defense is pretty solid and good speed at RB, but gotta go with Benton big O-Line and RB Wallace steamrolling this week to get another 4 in a row Thanksgiving Day practice.  I want to make a correction, I thought the East was the better conference but after first round games/scores apparent West is stronger this year.

Wildcat Football

What is the status of WM injuries?  Is the QB #11 their original starter?  He seems to be timid at times and only hands-off the ball, thought the QB earlier in the year was a runner/thrower dual-threat type but the games I watched QB didn't run/pass that much.  What's the story there?

westmem

What a game WM shook off them panthers 39-21

Pr8hd

Congrats WM, will look forwards to seeing the Blue Devils next week in the Wood. Always fun to go see a semi final game against a team, never played before.

Kudos to the Panthers as well, fought thru the injury plague all year basically. 

jeffslilbro

Benton o line big, but will only give you 2 seconds of blocking.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Wildcat Football on November 15, 2017, 11:31:15 am
I really liked W. Memphis as the darkhorse earlier this year, but after PB's lopsided victory and only beating Jacksonville 24-14, thinking the Panthers pull out a W on the road following last week's trouncing of Jacksonville.  I've seen two of the W. Memphis games (MH & PB) and they only run between tackles for the most part and seem very one-dimensional. Whoever takes care of the ball will win. I do think W. Memphis plays much better at home with 6-game winning streak, so this will be an interesting game. Hooten's has Benton picked to win by 3.  W. Memphis defense is pretty solid and good speed at RB, but gotta go with Benton big O-Line and RB Wallace steamrolling this week to get another 4 in a row Thanksgiving Day practice.  I want to make a correction, I thought the East was the better conference but after first round games/scores apparent West is stronger this year.
Well, I was correct on my original assumption about conferences which I later changed and changing again! East Conference now in the driver's seat with 3/4 spots in the semis.  But I'm thinking Greenwood defense will be too good for PB in finals now. Searcy is coming on late in season, but winning at PB will be a stretch.

Moose

Quote from: admorris on November 14, 2017, 02:22:08 pm

Looks like the sophomore starter did return, as a receiver in the first half and then as QB in the 2nd.  Did the original starter of this game get hurt?  What happened?

Wildcat Football

3rd string QB went out in 3rd Qtr due to injury, Benton team definitely plagued by injuries this year much like ED last year.  2nd string QB played wide receiver and looked good there scoring TD, probably didn't get a lot of reps at QB during week leading up to game. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas