• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana @ Marion

Started by Hogman2018, November 05, 2017, 07:42:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

jeffslilbro

Pr8hd

I believe AHS gets this one, but Patriots showed me something (I think) against JB last week.

Texarkana_Piggie

haven't followed marion this year.  no idea what kind of team they have, so....go hogs!

rona

Patriots have Athelets and are well Coached. A Team that will come to play!

westmem

I say Marion in a close one
Pats 35
Hogs 24

Hogman2018

Marion wont score 35 points on Texarkana!

Pat Swilling

AHS06

Quote from: westmem on November 05, 2017, 11:24:01 pm
I say Marion in a close one
Pats 35
Hogs 24
You can't be serious!

AHS06

Marion seems to be the traditional Marion.  They'll have a lot of pride and momentum being at home and AHS has a long bus ride.  Our offense will score just enough points and the defense will hold.

AHS-24
Marion-13

Sporty

November 06, 2017, 10:09:00 am #10 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:14:14 pm by Sporty
 :P

Hogman2018

Texarkana didnt have a close game with Sheridan we were ahead  35 to 7 starting the 4th qtr!! Starters never played the last qtr! They scored twice in the last couple of minutes with our SUBS in! Dont post if u dont know what ur talking about!

AHS06

Quote from: Sporty on November 06, 2017, 10:09:00 am
I'm going with Marion on this one. Texarkana had close game with Sheridan who is terrible. Marion lost first 3 games by very close margins, could have beat any of them.
Marion 42
Texarkana 30
You are obviously clueless about the Razorbacks.  Sheridan was crushed by the Hogs and those late points came against subs at the end of the game.  We could have easily ran the score up on Sheridan.

ClutchFactor62

Texarkana sure talks a lot for a team that is a 5 seed.

AHS06

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 06, 2017, 01:00:35 pm
What's your point?

AmericanPride

I think Texarkana pulls this one out in a low scoring game.

AHS- 24
Marion- 10

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 06, 2017, 01:00:35 pm
Ya especially when they know they get Greenwood if they win lol.

AHS06

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 07, 2017, 05:43:13 am
Ya especially when they know they get Greenwood if they win lol.
Considering we are not using the same QB, GW will mercy rule AHS this time around if we make it. 

The Future

ClutchFactor62

Depends which Marion team comes to play. I say Marion-31 Texarkana-21

AHS06

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 07, 2017, 08:39:46 am
Depends which Marion team comes to play. I say Marion-31 Texarkana-21
31 points LOL

Oldbomber

Yes it depends which Marion team shows up, when they're on they can score on anyone, a lot of playmakers. Defense can be stout if they prevent the big plays that have happened in big games all year.  Texarkana Has shown a good defense most of the year, interesting game with weather not expected to be a factor, I'll take the Patriots in a close game - Pats 20-14

Hoghead2

Texarkana 28
Mario 14.
Texarkana could've hung 60 on Sheridan. I was at that game. Norton called the dogs off EARLY.

jeffslilbro

Bragging about beating Sheridan? Sheridan is terrible!!!!!

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 07, 2017, 08:41:22 pm
Texarkana 28
Mario 14.
Texarkana could've hung 60 on Sheridan. I was at that game. Norton called the dogs off EARLY.

Sheridan almost won

Texarkana_Piggie

Hogman2018

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: AHS06 on November 07, 2017, 08:03:19 am
Considering we are not using the same QB, GW will mercy rule AHS this time around if we make it.

Different QB? Heck I'll take Marion then. Patriots 27 Hogs 20.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Boy, Texarkana's kool-aid apparently is sweetened with aggression this year! Listen, I'll admit I've seen the Pats way more than the Hogs this year and their record in their previous two playoff games does not include a touchdown. But, I can't believe that Coach Norton is the second coming like the talk suggests. Marion has a very high powered offense that has continued to get stronger and stronger despite injury. They do get penalized more than they would hope for, but they seem to overcome it. However, the West seems to be a different animal that can make you pay for any and every mistake with its talent. Marion knows Texarkana is fast and has a great defense. But, Marion was built on speed since the days of Jerry Franklin in the old 4A in 2005. I'm gonna give more respect to Texarkana than what their fans wanna give Marion, apparently.

Marion 21
Texarkana 19

AHS06

Quote from: RushingRed14 on November 09, 2017, 02:06:58 pm
Boy, Texarkana's kool-aid apparently is sweetened with aggression this year! Listen, I'll admit I've seen the Pats way more than the Hogs this year and their record in their previous two playoff games does not include a touchdown. But, I can't believe that Coach Norton is the second coming like the talk suggests. Marion has a very high powered offense that has continued to get stronger and stronger despite injury. They do get penalized more than they would hope for, but they seem to overcome it. However, the West seems to be a different animal that can make you pay for any and every mistake with its talent. Marion knows Texarkana is fast and has a great defense. But, Marion was built on speed since the days of Jerry Franklin in the old 4A in 2005. I'm gonna give more respect to Texarkana than what their fans wanna give Marion, apparently.

Marion 21
Texarkana 19
Did you really have to post the disclaimer before the prediction LOL?  This will should be a decent game.  If Marion is able to pressure our QB it will be a close game.  If not, the passing game just might burst through and light up the scoreboard against the Pats.  Our weakness is the oline which hurts the young QB.

PrivateLesson

Marion by 3.   They don't have any posters?   

searcysports

Quote from: Oldbomber on November 07, 2017, 08:05:52 pm
Yes it depends which Marion team shows up, when they're on they can score on anyone, a lot of playmakers. Defense can be stout if they prevent the big plays that have happened in big games all year.  Texarkana Has shown a good defense most of the year, interesting game with weather not expected to be a factor, I'll take the Patriots in a close game - Pats 20-14

I'm picking Marion, so I hope you're right. However, they only scored 20 on Searcy and the Lions defense isn't great.

RDâ„¢

Doesn't matter, one and BBQ for either.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on November 10, 2017, 09:07:49 am
Doesn't matter, one and BBQ for either.

Just curious, what is the meaning of your quote below your name?

Also, I would think winning a playoff game definitely "matters" for two programs trying to build, regardless of what happens next week.

RDâ„¢

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 10, 2017, 09:28:37 am
Just curious, what is the meaning of your quote below your name?

Also, I would think winning a playoff game definitely "matters" for two programs trying to build, regardless of what happens next week.
Oh there isn't enough time to explain why I am hate in Marion. This goes far past when you were probably even a sparkle in daddy's eye.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: AHS06 on November 09, 2017, 03:05:04 pm
Did you really have to post the disclaimer before the prediction LOL?  This will should be a decent game.  If Marion is able to pressure our QB it will be a close game.  If not, the passing game just might burst through and light up the scoreboard against the Pats.  Our weakness is the oline which hurts the young QB.

The "disclaimer" is worth as much as your previous input. But hey, should be a great game either way. Hope Texarkana can make the pilgrimage (though the Siloam Springs trip seems more daunting).

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on November 10, 2017, 10:22:44 am
Oh there isn't enough time to explain why I am hate in Marion. This goes far past when you were probably even a sparkle in daddy's eye.

I was plenty old enough in 2004...

bulldogger15

Quote from: AHS06 on November 06, 2017, 01:10:29 pm
What's your point?
The point is Marion and Texarkana better talk all they want this week. Next week they're gonna get SMASHED by the Greenwood Bulldogs!

Enjoy it while you can ladies!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

AHS06

Quote from: RushingRed14 on November 10, 2017, 10:36:26 am
The "disclaimer" is worth as much as your previous input. But hey, should be a great game either way. Hope Texarkana can make the pilgrimage (though the Siloam Springs trip seems more daunting).
The trip to Marion is nothing compared to SS and even though GW is shorter in distance than SS, HWY 71 is rough from Texarkana to the Ft. Smith area. I-49 is completed in the Texarkana area and south into Louisiana.  I don't know the hold up between TK and Ft. Smith.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 10, 2017, 10:58:55 am
The point is Marion and Texarkana better talk all they want this week. Next week they're gonna get SMASHED by the Greenwood Bulldogs!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oh look, the special boy from GW has made an appearance

AHS06

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Yeah, that means GW will get to talk for an additional week LOL.  They do have a history choking!

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: AHS06 on November 10, 2017, 11:01:52 am
Yeah, that means GW will get to talk for an additional week LOL.  They do have a history choking!

He is probably THAT guy in Greenwood that everyone blocks on social media, avoids in the stands on Friday nights, and the one who Coach Jones tells his players to stay away from.

ricepig

Quote from: AHS06 on November 10, 2017, 10:59:05 am
The trip to Marion is nothing compared to SS and even though GW is shorter in distance than SS, HWY 71 is rough from Texarkana to the Ft. Smith area. I-49 is completed in the Texarkana area and south into Louisiana.  I don't know the hold up between TK and Ft. Smith.

$750m+

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Who let Eddie Haskell have an account on here???

PrivateLesson

What's your prediction?   

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on October 04, 2017, 01:00:29 pm
Looks like Marion has played some pretty dang good teams and their worst loss was by 10 to West Memphis. This makes the East (at least the top 4) very competitive. No telling how this conference will shape up at the end of the year.

PrivateLesson

Greenwood is playing like they are tired of talking, though..

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 10, 2017, 12:16:37 pm
Greenwood is playing like they are tired of talking, though..
I would hope so

Pr8hd

November 10, 2017, 01:35:00 pm #47 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:54:14 pm by Pr8hd

I'd rather get there with a 50% chance of winning a title than wallow in mediocrity and not sniff the finals for a long time. If your season ends playing for a title, you've done something right, even if you lose....you put yourself in a position with a chance. 

GW has consistently been in the mix Day 1 since stepping into the 6A ranks....something many doubted that were the power players at the time in the 6A and most years it was as the smallest 6A school.

You realize from 2005 thru 2104 (a decade) everyone of those players graduated with at least 1 state title ring...many with multiple rings all because of the success in football.

So, yeah, GW has a history of "choking".....SMH

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on November 10, 2017, 10:59:05 am
I-49 is completed in the Texarkana area and south into Louisiana.  I don't know the hold up between TK and Ft. Smith.
political preening and favors.  that's the hold up

AHS06

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 10, 2017, 01:35:00 pm
I'd rather get there with a 50% chance of winning a title than wallow in mediocrity and not sniff the finals for a long time. If your season ends playing for a title, you've done something right, even if you lose....you put yourself in a position with a chance. 

GW has consistently been in the mix Day 1 since stepping into the 6A ranks....something many doubted that were the power players at the time in the 6A and most years it was as the smallest 6A school.

You realize from 2005 thru 2104 (a decade) everyone of those players graduated with at least 1 state title ring...many with multiple rings all because of the success in football.

So, yeah, GW has a history of "choking".....SMH
LOL just kidding bro.  GW has a great program and has proven themselves in 6A.  However, when your posters on here can't remain humble facts are facts. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas