• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaping

Started by flow51, September 15, 2017, 11:25:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

Is it a foul to leap over the blockers during a field goal attempt? From my understanding it is only a foul if you have an assist during the leap...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: flow51 on September 15, 2017, 11:25:50 pm
Is it a foul to leap over the blockers during a field goal attempt? From my understanding it is only a foul if you have an assist during the leap...

As far as I am aware, any type of hurdle in high school is a flag.

Rulesman

"Leaping" as described in the OP is an NCAA rule. There is no leaping rule in high school. "Hurdling" in high school games is only a foul when a player jumps over an opponent whose sole contact with the ground is one or both feet.

flow51

Thanks PB and Rulesman! It was hurdling that I was referring too. Thanks for the clarification. So if the offensive playing is standing it is a foul. If they are in a 3 or 4 point stance then it is not...

Adjudicator

Quote from: flow51 on September 16, 2017, 04:35:17 pm
Thanks PB and Rulesman! It was hurdling that I was referring too. Thanks for the clarification. So if the offensive playing is standing it is a foul. If they are in a 3 or 4 point stance then it is not...
If they are in a 3 or 4 point stance then they obviously have one or both feet on the ground.  If a player "hurdles" another player and that player has at least one foot on the ground it is a foul. 

Rulesman

Quote from: Adjudicator on September 17, 2017, 08:41:05 pm
If they are in a 3 or 4 point stance then they obviously have one or both feet on the ground.  If a player "hurdles" another player and that player has at least one foot on the ground it is a foul. 
Adjudicator, read Rule 2-22.

High Voltage

Now even the officials can't agree. Sounds like a Friday night in Arkansas! ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas