• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Arkansas State University Red Wolves

Started by True Believer, January 19, 2013, 10:14:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

It's an ASU tradition for our boys to go play without their head coach!   Nothing surprises me anymore.  :)  They won last year without one, they could do it again.  :)

wildcat_x-mgr

December 03, 2013, 12:50:31 pm #101 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:30:18 pm by wildcat_x-mgr
Maybe if Harsin leaves, we can get Ed Orgeron! ;D

Uncle Ivan

Uncle Ivan

BREAKING: Bryan Harsin is a top candidate for the vacant Wyoming head job.

He is from out there, correct?

dc24

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 04, 2013, 02:36:48 pm

Yes, he's from Idaho, so pretty close.  Would be interesting for sure, but I'm doubting he'd leave for Wyoming.  Seems like it's almost a lateral move.  Harsin also has a pretty significant buyout that I doubt Wyoming would want to pay for.

wildcat_x-mgr

Wyoming? LOL Indians to Cowboys, right?

Oh wait...

bleudog

December 06, 2013, 10:29:53 am #106 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:33:10 am by bleudog
Quote from: dc24 on December 04, 2013, 05:15:20 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 04, 2013, 02:36:48 pm

Yes, he's from Idaho, so pretty close.  Would be interesting for sure, but I'm doubting he'd leave for Wyoming.  Seems like it's almost a lateral move.  Harsin also has a pretty significant buyout that I doubt Wyoming would want to pay for.

Rumour I heard was the Boise State coach takes the opening in Washington that was created when their guy took the USC job.  Harsin is Boise's first choice if that happens.

Uncle Ivan

"I didn't hear anything else about Harsin to Wyoming" yeah, that makes sense, seeing that I made it up.

Now if Boise comes calling...

True Believer

It's been a crazy past 5 years at ASU for sure. 

Romeo

I'd be surprised if Harsin wasn't the next coach at Boise State.

Lionheart88

Another angle: Petrino's a Montana native.  His brother already fled the south for Idaho.  Might he be a leading candidate?  That would be nice for stAte.  Keep their coach and get rid of the best opposition coach in the conference.

wildcat_x-mgr

Except that Western Kentucky is leaving for C-USA next year anyway. We don't have to worry about Petrino anyway, whereever he goes, unless it's in the non-conference.

Lionheart88

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on December 06, 2013, 03:56:06 pm
Except that Western Kentucky is leaving for C-USA next year anyway. We don't have to worry about Petrino anyway, whereever he goes, unless it's in the non-conference.
Ah, good point.

dc24

It might get very interesting now.  Boise can afford the buyout I'm sure so it will be interesting to see, but I figure Boise will try to go for a bigger name first.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: dc24 on December 06, 2013, 04:38:32 pm
It might get very interesting now.  Boise can afford the buyout I'm sure so it will be interesting to see, but I figure Boise will try to go for a bigger name first.

As in?  Coordinator from a BCS program, or a head coach from a smaller one, like Harsin.

True Believer

bleudog

True Believer

Uncle Ivan

True Believer

True Believer

ASU is now a 3 peat Champions of the Sun Belt.

Way to go players!!   We are proud of you and the coaches who have stuck with you.

Great group of people! 

Uncle Ivan

dc24

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 06, 2013, 09:52:04 pm
Quote from: dc24 on December 06, 2013, 04:38:32 pm

As in?  Coordinator from a BCS program, or a head coach from a smaller one, like Harsin.

Looks like it's down to Justin Wilcox (DC at Washington, former BSU coach), Dirk Koetter (OC with Atlanta Falcons, former Boise and Arizona State HC), and Harsin.  A couple of BSU current assistants interviewed as well, but they don't appear to be in the running, from what I've read.  It'll be interesting.  Some people think the longer it plays out, the less likely it's Harsin, so if it's Harsin, it'll probably be announced within next couple of days.

Uncle Ivan

Would figure that Koetter is out, from those three.  Why go back to an old coach?

True Believer

True Believer

Well maybe not.  Boise just needs to spit it out and get it over with.  Then we can either move forward with Harsin or start another search.  If they don't pick him then it's a little hard to feel good about him staying. 

But I support our team no matter what.  Coaches, obviously, come and go.  :)

Lions84

Fox Sports reported on the air that ASU Coach has resigned and will make a statement later today.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lions84 on December 11, 2013, 08:16:45 am
Fox Sports reported on the air that ASU Coach has resigned and will make a statement later today.

Going to Boise.

Romeo

Gotta feel for the Arkansas State players. Four different coaches in four years.

Uncle Ivan

Uncle Ivan

"I have always dreamed of becoming a championship head coach in the SEC," Nutt tells us. "I feel this position at Arkansas State gives me the best opportunity of my career to fulfill that dream. I feel success and a GoDaddy.com bowl bid could position me perfectly for the soon-to-be vacant University of Florida job."

Link

DogsWin7

He actually stated that one of his only reasons for taking the job is to better his chances for the University of Florida Job???  WOW! 

Lionheart88

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 11, 2013, 12:57:50 pm
He actually stated that one of his only reasons for taking the job is to better his chances for the University of Florida Job???  WOW! 
RCT is like The Onion.  All fake "news" and satire.

Romeo

Lionheart88

Wouldn't surprise me, it'd be a good hire for a lot of reasons.

AirWarren

Wow. The stepping stone joke isn't even funny even more. Because it is fact now.

Will they ever have a tenured coach?

wildcat_x-mgr

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: As an ASU fan, I'd rather have a conference title every year with a different coach, than have a "long-term" coach and go back to mediocrity and being a doormat. As long as we're still winning every year, I'm fine with going through as many coaches as we have to. Would it be nice to have it both ways? Sure it would, but how many things in life to we get to say that about?

True Believer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 11, 2013, 11:23:32 am

“I have always dreamed of becoming a championship head coach in the SEC,” Nutt tells us. “I feel this position at Arkansas State gives me the best opportunity of my career to fulfill that dream. I feel success and a GoDaddy.com bowl bid could position me perfectly for the soon-to-be vacant University of Florida job.”

Link

A pox upon you and all your kin. 

True Believer

True Believer

Quote from: Romeo on December 11, 2013, 10:14:59 am
Gotta feel for the Arkansas State players. Four different coaches in four years.

They really are a dedicated and great group of kids.  They just keep on keeping on!   

True Believer

No, that paper is all satire and silliness.  None of it is actually true.  They just write to make people laugh. 

CathywithaC

Quote from: True Believer on December 11, 2013, 08:06:20 pm

No, that paper is all satire and silliness.  None of it is actually true.  They just write to make people laugh.
I think they write it to see how fast social media will spread the most insane rumors imagineable!

True Believer

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 11, 2013, 08:27:55 pm

I think they write it to see how fast social media will spread the most insane rumors imagineable!

LOL...I agree! 

Big Fan

This job could be quite a coup for some up and comer.  From what I can see the underclasses are loaded, especially the Soph class. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: Big Fan on December 12, 2013, 09:11:20 pm
This job could be quite a coup for some up and comer.  From what I can see the underclasses are loaded, especially the Soph class. 
Wasn't that the group Rhett Lashlee was heavily involved in recruiting?  Hmmmm.

Big Fan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 12, 2013, 09:17:15 pm
This year's sophs were brought in by Freeze.  Lashlee helped bring in this year's Fresh who also pretty good.  Lashlee's style would be a great fit for the players on campus. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: Big Fan on December 12, 2013, 10:15:11 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 12, 2013, 09:17:15 pm
This year's sophs were brought in by Freeze.  Lashlee helped bring in this year's Fresh who also pretty good.  Lashlee's style would be a great fit for the players on campus.
Freeze would have left well before signing day for the current sophomores.  By your standard Alex Collins is a JLS recruit.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: True Believer on December 11, 2013, 08:02:10 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 11, 2013, 11:23:32 am

“I have always dreamed of becoming a championship head coach in the SEC,” Nutt tells us. “I feel this position at Arkansas State gives me the best opportunity of my career to fulfill that dream. I feel success and a GoDaddy.com bowl bid could position me perfectly for the soon-to-be vacant University of Florida job.”

Link

A pox upon you and all your kin. 

"There's lions and tigers and bears, but there's only one red wolf.  Except for IU East."

Astate37

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 11, 2013, 08:27:55 pm

CBS actually called Nutt and reported on it after seeing this article.....

True Believer

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas